Disqus hacked!

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Why Are Asian Men LEAST Popular Among Women?
32 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Kawhi going to Toronto
343 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Never knew vegans could be so thick
70 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
These Retailers May Not Survive 2018
174 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 months ago '15        #1
1825 page views
11 comments

313soulja 2010 heat pts2010
space
space
$6,404 | Props total: 31196 31196
Disqus hacked!

So, Disqus has been hacked. Yeah, it is what we at BetaNews -- plus many other websites -- use for commenting. Should you be worried? Probably not. You see, this hack happened all the way back in July of 2012. If you joined Disqus after that, you have nothing to worry about. Even if you are using the same login credentials from 5+ years ago, the hackers have only obtained hashed passwords. In other words, they probably haven't decrypted your password.

But OK, even though it is unlikely that your password has been exposed, Disqus is forcing a password reset for all impacted users. Heck, even if you signed up after the hack, it can't hurt to manually change your password, y'all. After all, Disqus didn't even discover the hack on its own, which is worrying. The company was alerted to the breach by the great security researcher Troy Hunt, who found the database floating around the dark web. If you aren't familiar with Hunt, he maintains the excellent haveibeenpwned.com.

"Yesterday, on October 5th, we were alerted to a security breach that impacted a database from 2012. While we are still investigating the incident, we believe that it is best to share what we know now. We know that a snapshot of our user database from 2012, including information dating back to 2007, was exposed. The snapshot includes email addresses, Disqus user names, sign-up dates, and last login dates in plain text for 17.5mm users. Additionally, passwords (hashed using SHA1 with a salt; not in plain text) for about one-third of users are included," says Jason Yan, Founder, Disqus.

Yan also says, "As a precautionary measure, we are forcing the reset of passwords for all affected users. We are contacting all of the users whose information was included to inform them of the situation. We’ve taken action to protect the accounts that were included in the data snapshot. Right now, we don’t believe there is any threat to a user accounts. Since 2012, as part of normal security enhancements, we’ve made significant upgrades to our database and encryption in order to prevent breaches and increase password security. Specifically, at the end of 2012 we changed our password hashing algorithm from SHA1 to bcrypt."

Disqus shares the following timeline of how the hack reveal unfolded.

Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 4:18 PM PDT, we were contacted by an independent security researcher, who informed us that the Disqus data may be exposed.

Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 4:56PM PDT we obtained the exposed data and immediately began to analyze the data and verify its validity.

Friday, October 6, 2017, we started contacting users and resetting the passwords of all the users that had passwords included in the breach.

Friday, October 6, 2017, before 4:00PM PDT, we published this public disclosure of the incident.

While Disqus is forcing a password reset for its service, remember, you may still be at risk if you reuse passwords. True, reusing passwords is bad practice, but many people do it. If this is you, be sure to change your password on any other website that uses the same one as your Disqus account.
visit this link https://betanews.com/2017 .. disqus-hacked/
hot topic gave props

11 comments for "Disqus hacked!"

9 months ago '15        #2
MichaelVickStan 43 heat pts43
space
space
$8,619 | Props total: 16947 16947
If u was on wshh back in its prime 2011-2013 disqus comments used to be botted like a mf n*ggas would have 3000 likes in 3 mins
justin747 and 7 others gave props

9 months ago '11        #3
awww 121 heat pts121
space
space
$6,567 | Props total: 25149 25149
Bout time, and anything can be hacked nowadays. Plus most of these companies don’t give a fu*k bout security sh*t be in plain text with a password 123456 or admin. They just want the money lol
 9 months ago '15        #4
Kden 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$9,076 | Props total: 22745 22745
 awww said:
Bout time, and anything can be hacked nowadays. Plus most of these companies don’t give a fu*k bout security sh*t be in plain text with a password 123456 or admin. They just want the money lol

sh*ttiest troll

Doesnt even do his job anymore
R Shackleford and 1 others gave props

9 months ago '11        #5
awww 121 heat pts121
space
space
$6,567 | Props total: 25149 25149
 Kden said:

sh*ttiest troll

Doesnt even do his job anymore
i dont be trolling i be serious i only do the weed sh*t when it pertains to weed
 9 months ago '04        #6
qutaboi225 45 heat pts45
space
space
$4,617 | Props total: 8658 8658
 awww said:
i dont be trolling i be serious i only do the weed sh*t when it pertains to weed
No you don't pus*y. You say fu*k weed in threads about puppies or sci-fi movies
R Shackleford and 5 others gave props

9 months ago '17        #7
R Shackleford 
space
space
$1,156 | Props total: 3559 3559
 qutaboi225 said:
DueCe NigGalo and 2 others gave props

9 months ago '07        #8
djdeez1211 
space
space
$778 | Props total: 7 7
 9 months ago '04        #9
CPizzle 
space
space
$521 | Props total: 249 249
who got that 1Password?
 9 months ago '11        #10
Tooly Da Gawd 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,349 | Props total: 2850 2850
 qutaboi225 said:
I mean you don't get high and chill your dogs and watch sci fi? :jtlol:
 9 months ago '06        #11
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,599 | Props total: 1665 1665
mane, everything is hacked these days
 9 months ago '12        #12
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,633 | Props total: 13563 13563
I remember when BX had that DDOS a while back. It was crazy. I dont care how much security a server has or how skilled their Admins are. Every last one of them can be compromised. Even government servers/networks get cracked and hacked. Diqus was probably attacked by some young cats under 25 lol.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Wifey Type 💍💎👰🏽
61 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Reportedly Paid Shiggy $250,000 For "In My Feelings" Go #1 On Bi..
191 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jul 17 - FBI: Lisa Page Dimes Out Top FBI Officials During Classified ..
70 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
MMA UFC vet confirms Dana White banged Rousey and has banged other fighters' G..
78 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eddie Murphy as Rudy Ray Moore
65 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Saquan Barkley hype is out of control
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside tekashi 69 wack 100 beef lit again....wack say he gonna change 69 name..
76 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kylie Jenner now looks like Kim Kardashian
112 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy