Image(s) inside F*ck with me and get some money
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 6ix9ine DROPS HIS LOCATION on Instagram Live "TELLS OPPS PULL UP"
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden & Joell Ortiz Debating Over The Formatting Of A Song (Throwback)
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Damn Iggy cheeks looking like jell-o HELLO
79 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 2 months ago '15        #1
2265 pageviews
52 comments

BrotherMan 175 heat pts175
space
space
space
$3,136 | Props total: 9863 9863
Sep 12 - The U.S. is now over $20 trillion in debt — here’s how it got there

f!ghting wars, big tax cuts and economic stimulus packages have all added to the debt burden

The U.S. has exceeded $20 trillion in national debt — the nation was a cool $20.16 trillion in the red as of Friday — and now that it’s crossed that mark, get ready for some finger pointing over who’s to blame.

If history shows anything, it’s that both parties share responsibility for boosting the debt. f!ghting wars, big tax cuts and economic stimulus packages have all added to the burden over the years.

Here, we’ll take a look at some key moments in the debt’s trajectory until now, and also where it is going.

In August 1981, with the U.S. at the beginning of a recession, President Ronald Reagan signed major tax cuts into law. While Reagan’s supporters credit the cuts in tax rates with juicing the stock market and the U.S. economy, the downside was obvious: less money flowing into the government’s coffers. A U.S. Treasury paper shows the 1981 act reduced federal revenue by an average of $118 billion a year (in today’s dollars) during the first four years.

President George W. Bush also signed tax-cut packages into law in 2001 and 2003. Individual-income tax rates were cut, as were taxes on capital gains and dividends. This table shows where the Bush tax cuts fall in size compared to other major bills. President Barack Obama extended the cuts for two years in 2010, and made most of them permanent in 2012. Kathy Ruffing, a consultant to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, has estimated that the cuts originally enacted during the Bush years will account for $5 trillion of debt outstanding through fiscal 2017. That includes interest.

The U.S. spent heavily on the wars in Afghanistan — which the U.S. invaded after the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks — and Iraq. According to consultant Kathy Ruffing, the two wars account for about $2 trillion of the debt, including interest.

The year-and-a-half long Great Recession began in December 2007, brought on by the collapse of the U.S. housing market. The downturn spanned the Bush and Obama presidencies, and heralded the ballooning of budget deficits as the government responded with huge bank bailout and stimulus programs. In fiscal years 2009-2012, deficits exceeded $1 trillion.

With the U.S. still reeling from the Great Recession, President Barack Obama signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in February 2009. In addition to tax cuts, Obama’s stimulus bill spent billions of dollars on unemployment benefits and infrastructure projects. Obama said the plan would be “a major milestone on our road to recovery,” but Republicans trashed the measure as a waste of government money. Originally scored at $787 billion, the Congressional Budget Office in 2015 put its price tag higher, at $836 billion. Including interest payments, it added $1 trillion to the debt through fiscal 2016, according to the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget.

The debt is projected to keep growing as the U.S. spends more on programs for its aging population. Last spring, the Congressional Budget Office estimated that if current laws remain the same — that is, if President Donald Trump and the Republican Congress were to do nothing — debt held by the public would rise to 150% of the total economy in 2047 from the 77% it’s at now. Trump has vowed a few polices that could have a big impact on the debt, including major tax cuts and a military buildup. What’s more, he pledged to leave programs including Medicare and Social Security unchanged. A tax plan Trump proposed during the campaign would add about $7.2 trillion to the debt over a decade, the Tax Policy Center estimated.

On Friday, Trump signed a bill to suspend the debt limit through Dec. 8, enabling the Treasury to borrow more money. The president also said last week he saw “a lot of good reasons” to eliminate the debt ceiling, though that plan would likely meet stiff resistance in the Republican-controlled Congress.

visit this link http://www.marketwatch.co .. 7-03-30?page=3

visit this link http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Last edited by BrotherMan; 09-12-2017 at 04:29 PM..
hot topic and 11 others gave props

52 comments for "Sep 12 - The U.S. is now over $20 trillion in debt — here’s how it got there"

2 months ago '04        #2
deziking 75 heat pts75
space
space
$19,368 | Props total: 4724 4724

[pic - click to view]

Jdog168 gave props

2 months ago '13        #3
Xavi619 103 heat pts103
space
space
$2,946 | Props total: 4196 4196
who owe $20 trillion ?

n*gga i owe sprint $50
Jdog168 and 27 others gave props

2 months ago '17        #4
ddy807 
space
space
$877 | Props total: 2073 2073
a forensic accountant in the military found that the pentagon lost 2tln. iirc.
Bighempin of QM and 10 others gave props

2 months ago '07        #5
Bighempin of QM 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,795 | Props total: 1641 1641
So we should lay this at the feet of the republican party
Jdog168 and 9 others gave props

2 months ago '15        #6
D34THW15H 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,463 | Props total: 1193 1193
Financial system is a scam anyway
GravityEraser52 and 15 others gave props

2 months ago '17        #7
Tom Herman 130 heat pts130
space
space
$2,958 | Props total: 14288 14288
Obama is easily one of the 5 worst presidents ever
vinceisallin and 3 others gave props

HughyBaby and 42 others slapped this ish

2 months ago '09        #8
WasabiTuna 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,451 | Props total: 7071 7071
 Tom Herman said:
Obama is easily one of the 5 worst presidents ever
How so?

All things considered he wasn't bad at all. He wasn't good but I don't think there has been a good president since like Eisenhower.
ddy807 and 4 others gave props

2 months ago '17        #9
space
space
 WasabiTuna said:
How so?

All things considered he wasn't bad at all. He wasn't good but I don't think there has been a good president since like Eisenhower.
-Expanded the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Iraq in particular was supposed to end in 2009. There are still bases there
-Benghazi
-Signed NDAA
-Tried to get SOPA passed
-Mishandled the Syrian Crisis.
-Made Extensions to the Patriot Act-Forever keeping the surveillance state alive
-Added more debt than any other president ever combined

This is just off the top without mentioning any partisan issues that will cause me to think he's horrible.
King Ryan and 4 others gave props

HughyBaby and 19 others slapped this ish

2 months ago '09        #10
WasabiTuna 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,451 | Props total: 7071 7071
 Tom Herman said:
-Expanded the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Iraq in particular was supposed to end in 2009. There are still bases there
-Benghazi
-Signed NDAA
-Tried to get SOPA passed
-Mishandled the Syrian Crisis.
-Made Extensions to the Patriot Act-Forever keeping the surveillance state alive
-Added more debt than any other president ever combined

This is just off the top without mentioning any partisan issues that will cause me to think he's horrible.
Yea I'm pretty every president did things comparable to your list if not worse.

Obama is worst for expanding the war, who started it?

And how many people died in Benghazi, like 8? 3000 people died on 9/11. Who was that under again?

If you really think Obama is one of the worst presidents maybe you should research presidents.

And percentage wise he added to the debt less than bush and Reagan.

Like I said he wasn't a particularly good president but he was no way top 5 worst.
SiekaSiklo and 17 others gave props

2 months ago '17        #11
space
space
 WasabiTuna said:
Yea I'm pretty every president did things comparable to your list if not worse.

Obama is worst for expanding the war, who started it?

And how many people died in Benghazi, like 8? 3000 people died on 9/11. Who was that under again?

If you really think Obama is one of the worst presidents maybe you should research presidents.

And percentage wise he added to the debt less than bush and Reagan.

Like I said he wasn't a particularly good president but he was no way top 5 worst.
Prove it.

Obama is worse for expanding wars he promised to end. I put more blame on a hypocritical "anti-war" senator who ran for the highest seat in the U.S. under that pretext and then decided to do exactly what his predecessor did, while also criticizing him. Obama also dropped more bombs and got us involved in Libya.

You really compared Benghazi to 9/11?

Percentage wise he added less debt than Bush and Reagan? Really? That's your argument.

You think I should do more research on presidents? You sound like someone who just started following politics because of Trump. You really tried to compare 9/11 to Benghazi
SnowmanKilla and 1 others gave props

quazdagod and 14 others slapped this ish

2 months ago '17        #12
ddy807 
space
space
$877 | Props total: 2073 2073

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by ddy807; 09-12-2017 at 07:34 PM..
D34THW15H gave props

2 months ago '11        #13
GravityEraser52 
space
space
space
$538 | Props total: 2219 2219

[pic - click to view]

skillahmang and 1 others gave props

2 months ago '10        #14
AmazinJay 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,567 | Props total: 1266 1266
 Ren Hoek said:
When people speak of debt owed they don't realize the vast majority of citizens through loans like mortgages, cay payments, student loans, etc. Citizens hold $12-15 trillion of the debt. It means that more people are buying houses and stimulating the economy but when the market crashes its gonna be worse than this past great recession.

You're right to a certain degree. Publicly held debt refers to not only individuals like you and me, but foreign investors including governments such as China and Japan. Just like you and I buy bonds such as Municipal bonds, the government finances everything primarily through selling bonds by issuing IOUs the public. This is how they raise money to pay for programs other than raising taxes(raising cash basically). However, they also issue these same bonds to the Federal Reserve. In order to stave off heavy hikes to inflation, the government then sales off this currency to other foreign nations to hold our bonds as reserves. Its like a credit card. This country has a bond rating like you an I have a credit rating. Actually government liabilities is actually lower. Something like 10 trillion dollars. We just allow investors to finance the rest. People don't understand this concept of debt. Every country has debt but they all finance their debt through a circulation system managed by central banks. They then all report to the IMF as well.
thergs and 3 others gave props

2 months ago '12        #15
Di Warlord 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,463 | Props total: 10843 10843
They better do something about this sh*t soon, or its about to get ugly

...or at least that's what I learned in macroeconomics

Cut off social security for those who make a sh*t ton. Cats like warren buffet and Bill Gates don't need it

stop giving aid to Israel for one

We shoulda make Afghanistan and Iraq colonies to help with that debt.. especially since we've been there for so long

Legalize weed on a national level, lettuce all get stoned and pay down the debt
moth818 and 3 others gave props

2 months ago '17        #16
TheE 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,019 | Props total: 1700 1700
325 million people controlled by 545 people . World War 3 coming soon
skillahmang and 5 others gave props

2 months ago '08        #17
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,238 | Props total: 1240 1240
 wasabituna said:
how so?

All things considered he wasn't bad at all. He wasn't good but i don't think there has been a good president since like eisenhower.
jfk..
Kden gave props

2 months ago '04        #18
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,540 | Props total: 11001 11001
 2 months ago '17        #19
space
space
 Ramen said:
I came in here to say "obviously." The debt problem will probably never be resolved. I don't even know why people talk about it anymore. But then I saw this post. How do you figure Obama expanded the Iraq and Afghanistan wars? There was a fraction of the troops in afghanistan and iraq by the end of Obama's first term. Look at the number of troops and the amount of money we were spending on the wars compared to when Obama came in and when he left office. And Benghazi wasn't really on him, that's just a talking point. And Obama k!lled SOPA. Where do you get your facts from? I'm not gonna say Obama was the best president but he was definitely one of the better presidents we've had. If you're going to point out his mistakes at least point out real things, not made up sh*t and talking points.
Obama expanded the wars by sending more troops in and continuing the wars. If he stayed true to what he was supposed to do, the war at least in Iraq was supposed to end by 2009. As for Benghazi not being on him? Wow but whenever other presidents have scandals or problems, it's their fault. It's your administration and your secretary of state. It's absolutely your fault. Obama didn't k!ll initially. He backtracked. The same way he backtracked on Syria and pretended to take a more diplomatic stance. You don't know what you are talking about. If you think Obama was a good president, more power to you. But don't act like people can't call him a horrible president without valid critiques. Everything I said was a valid critique of the president. Not to mention the fact that he increased the number of bombs dropped on the middle east and single handededly destabilized Libya. Yalls responses are more like excuses "well he did that but look what x person did"
POTUS2045 and 3 others slapped this ish

2 months ago '10        #20
ElevateOne 59 heat pts59
space
space
$1,548 | Props total: 1455 1455
In 4 years Trump can probably run it up to 25 trillion.

Do you think he can pocket a cool trillion before leaving office and become the first Trillionaire!

before he gets impeached or arrested or has to defect to Russia that is...
POTUS2045 and 1 others gave props

Home      

most viewed right now
Picture of Lil Peep laid up in that coffin like a OG. (RIP)
172 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Girl Who Allegedly Gave Lil Peep The Drugs That Killed Him
199 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Ever Seen A Bear Get Hit In The Nuts?
58 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Would not pull out
34 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nov 17 - Fox News Bans Kiss Frontman Gene Simmons for Life
58 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Nicki Minaj Sitting on Uzi Lap or Im Seeing Shyt?
72 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA OK SO HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE??? :mjwtf:
59 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside And Another Unsatisfied Teacher Gets a Rape Charge
102 comments
20 hours ago