Ben Affleck: Justice League Is 'Interesting Product of Two Directors'

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '06        #1
1196 page views
21 comments

SM 40388 heat pts40388
space
space
space
$139,233 | Props total: 113640 113640
Ben Affleck: Justice League Is 'Interesting Product of Two Directors'

Ben Affleck has opened up about the unorthodox nature of working with two different directors on the next DC Extended Universe film, Justice League. When director Zack Snyder left Justice League earlier this year due to a family tragedy, Joss Whedon promptly stepped in to finish the film for DC and Snyder. Naturally, this led to a series of reshoots that apparently involved making Cyborg’s (Ray Fisher) character a little lighter in tone.

With Whedon onboard to finish up Justice League, this marks the director’s third foray into team-up comic book superhero films after helming Marvel’s first two Avengers entries (the director is also slated to make a solo Batgirl movie set in the DCEU), before shifting to DC. Affleck’s comments suggest that because of Whedon’s late-stage involvement and heavy oversight over the reshoots in Justice League, the film will very much contain the creative DNA of both Snyder and Whedon in the finished product.

While speaking with EW, Affleck talked at length about the process of working with Whedon and Snyder both and commenting on the nature of how their distinct styles meshed, saying:

“[Justice League is] an interesting product of two directors, both with kind of unique visions, both with really strong takes. I’ve never had that experience before making a movie. I have to say, I really love working with Zack, and I really love the stuff we’ve done with Joss.”
Naturally, with speculation that Whedon’s reshoots are making Justice League a lighter film, Affleck’s quotes certainly make sense in that sense. However, while Snyder is certainly known for his darker take on comic characters (especially the divisive Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice that released last year), reshoots during production are a natural part of the filmmaking process. There’s also the very real possibility that DC is implementing a lighter tone simply because of the largely positive response to Patty Jenkins’ Wonder Woman, which made use of a distinctly lighter tone when compared to previous DCEU entries.

Regardless, DC is experiencing some great buzz after Wonder Woman’s box office (the film recently passed an impressive milestone by grossing over $400 million domestically) and critical success, which should help Justice League get back some good will with common moviegoers. That said, uncertainties still remain over whether or not both Whedon and Snyder will get directing credit for Justice League, making it unclear how much of the film truly is the product of either director. There’s also the matter of how well Snyder and Whedon’s styles will complement each other – or if they will at all. Fans will simply have to wait for Justice League to release later this year to find out the answer to either of those pressing concerns.

21 comments for "Ben Affleck: Justice League Is 'Interesting Product of Two Directors'"

2 years ago '16        #2
bones2009 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,069 | Props total: 6894 6894
Terrible Terrible news

2 years ago '16        #3
bones2009 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,069 | Props total: 6894 6894
 EnigmaticPigeon said
DC Mafia gonna have to prepare for some dark days ahead...Between reshoots and comments like this it just seems like this will be a wash... At least there is always the Wonder Woman sequel to look forward to...
I hate to say this but its broken...just start fresh

2 years ago '04        #4
kniccalodeon 
space
space
space
$2,005 | Props total: 4117 4117
Make Cyborg lighter in tone?

And it's a WB production?

After k*ller Croc in suicide Squad all I can think this means is

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '06        #5
droid3000 1147 heat pts1147
space
space
$31,730 | Props total: 42795 42795
DC is so fuking weak minded. make your movies and the let the chips fall where they may. the constant jigging and rejigging is only making matters worse

2 years ago '06        #6
SM 40388 heat pts40388 OP
space
space
space
@ @
@
@
@

@
@

@METATRON
@ @ @
@ @
@
@ @ @
@
@
@
@
@
@ @ @ @
@
@ @ @
@
@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
@Most Hated @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
@ @ @ @ @ @ @SM

2 years ago '10        #7
Jonnyy McFly 263 heat pts263
space
space
$10,434 | Props total: 6467 6467
 Dame Dash said
you can't blame EVERY thing on Snyder. if they brought in Joss Whedon to clean up and this movie still sucks then you Zack Snyder haters have some explaining to do.

i'm willing to bet dollars to kryptonite that Warner Bros execs are more at fault for all of this than anybody.
The proof is look at other WB movies, they havent been a succesful movie studio for quite some time

theyve had a few here and there but the Harry Potter spinnoff wasnt all that, Tarzan was bad. Time for some changes

2 years ago '11        #8
wShh 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,518 | Props total: 1094 1094
Whedon's storytelling through Snyder's visuals - absolute smash hit

2 years ago '11        #9
wwnuts 147 heat pts147
space
space
$5,056 | Props total: 12823 12823
They love this.

Because anything that works was Joss'.

Anything didn't? Oh that was trash Snyder.

Its like they really don't care either way about the product.

2 years ago '06        #10
space
space
space
 droid3000 said
DC is so fuking weak minded. make your movies and the let the chips fall where they may. the constant jigging and rejigging is only making matters worse
It's such a disaster it's not even funny anymore

Nolan sitting there like :jtlol:

2 years ago '15        #11
Majestoso 31 heat pts31
space
space
$8,095 | Props total: 1914 1914
 Jonnyy McFly said
The proof is look at other WB movies, they havent been a succesful movie studio for quite some time

theyve had a few here and there but the Harry Potter spinnoff wasnt all that, Tarzan was bad. Time for some changes
i agree, lets look at WB

2 years ago '06        #12
space
space
space
 Dame Dash said
you can't blame EVERY thing on Snyder. if they brought in Joss Whedon to clean up and this movie still sucks then you Zack Snyder haters have some explaining to do.

i'm willing to bet dollars to kryptonite that Warner Bros execs are more at fault for all of this than anybody.
Yeah you can, Snyder is the worst

2 years ago '16        #13
mobchip 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,730 | Props total: 5430 5430
Just bring on "The Batman" already and let's get Wonder Women and Superman back to work.

2 years ago '14        #14
Cuttysark 17 heat pts17
space
space
$6,654 | Props total: 11508 11508
Dont like the lighter tone but movie still gonna be dope as hell

n*ggas stay wishing for DC movies to fail

2 years ago '05        #15
P DRILLA 116 heat pts116
space
space
$11,768 | Props total: 12378 12378
 kniccalodeon said
Make Cyborg lighter in tone?

And it's a WB production?

After k*ller Croc in suicide Squad all I can think this means is

[pic - click to view]

Guess he didn't say BOO-YAH enough:shmurda2:

2 years ago '12        #16
illestever513 
space
space
$1,280 | Props total: 594 594
last trailer looked a1, aint worried. this joint will do numbers and be quality, yall some fickle a*s fans. I hope they introduce or hint at one of the lanterns. I like how DC is revamping their universe on the big screen. Birds of Prey centered around Black Canary, justice league looks dope, ww2 green light, the batman, nightwing, aqua man sounds dope as fu*k. the flash too.

Home      

most viewed right now
+73online now  41
How's a nigga supposed to stay p0rn free with these hoes
128 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  40
Lance STEPHENSON TRENDING After Teanna Trump Say She fu*k HIM AT 16 While DWIG..
343 comments
18 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-54online now  28
Image(s) inside Ciara files petition to change her son with Future name to Russell Wil..
230 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  27
Video inside ‘Vegan’ YouTube star forced to beg forgiveness after she was outed for ..
57 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy