NBA Lonzo Ball INSANE Highlights vs Suns 29 Pts, 11 Reb, 9 Ast
188 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cute chick at my crib Halloween costume
105 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Foursquare data reveals the most popular fast-food chain in every stat..
176 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 3 months ago '13        #1
3050 pageviews
66 comments

misterethoughts 217 heat pts217
space
space
$979 | Props total: 3882 3882
Spotify preps to go public with 60M subscribers, outpacing Apple

Spotify’s singular focus on music sees it adding subscribers faster than the iPhone company with a streaming app on the side. Spotify has added 20 million paid subscribers in less than a year, while it’s taken Apple Music more than a year and a half to make that progress. Spotify now has 60 million subscribers, compared to Apple Music’s 27 million (as of June).

Spotify’s ability to accelerate its growth rate despite competition from arguably the world’s most powerful company is a testament to the product and community it’s built.

Apple Music offers three-month free trials, comes pre-installed on iPhones and pays big bucks for exclusive early access to top albums. Those advantages might help Apple Music win fans of particular artists, plus mainstream listeners finally switching over from MP3s. Yet Spotify remains the go-to streaming service for music lovers.

Spotify is gearing up for what’s being called a “direct listing,” where the company intends to go public without doing an IPO. Insiders, not the company, will be selling shares to the stock market.

This is a highly unusual move and has been met with widespread skepticism. While many companies dread the IPO process, which involves bankers rounding up institutional investors and determining a price for its debut, it is an opportunity to raise money for the company.

By skipping this, Spotify is potentially missing out on hundreds of millions in proceeds from the IPO, but it could do a secondary offering to raise cash at a later date. Spotify is said to be on track to complete this before the end of the year, which was previously reported by The Wall Street Journal.

Spotify growth has been fueled by several important product developments:

Discover Weekly: Spotify’s wildly popular weekly updated personalized playlist has made it the top choice for music fans trying to find new songs and artists to love. The playlist reached 40 million users its first year, and Spotify has followed it with Release Radar specifically for new tracks. Competitors like Apple and SoundCloud have tried to copy Discover Weekly, but Spotify is entrenching itself as the full-fledged streaming service for taste makers.

Recruiting Hold-Out Artists: While initially stuck with a bad rap for not giving enough royalties to musicians, the payouts have grown significantly alongside Spotify’s subscriber base. The cash, plus the leverage Spotify has built as it becomes a must-have distribution channel if artists want a big hit record, has lured hold-outs like Taylor Swift to adopt Spotify. The public debut could strengthen Spotify’s standing in the music industry, and convince both artist and listener holdouts that it’s built to last.

Google Home + Spotify vs Amazon Alexa: Voice-controlled music is an incredible experience that listeners are buying access to through Amazon and Google’s smart speakers. While Amazon Alexa preferences its own Amazon Prime Music service, Spotify is one of the premier partners for Google Home. It’s already more popular for dedicated music streaming than fellow partners Pandora and Google Music, and recently Google Home began allowing control of Spotify’s free ad-supported service. The partnership with Google Home will become even more important once Apple starts shipping its own HomePod smart speaker.

The No-IPO public offering

Spotify has not spoken publicly about the expected direct listing, but some close to the company believe that it could avoid some of the initial volatility. Bankers usually recommend a lower share price for a first-day “pop,” but many companies have trouble maintaining this in the coming weeks. This could be a way around that, some theorize.

It would also avoid those “lock-up” periods, where insiders can’t sell shares for months after the company goes public. Snap’s stock has been trading down in recent weeks in anticipation of today’s sell off.

If the experiment goes well, we may see other companies replicating it.

But it’s definitely possible that Spotify’s process will create even more volatility. The company hasn’t announced specifics about how it plans to execute this, but part of the reason IPO shares are sold to institutional investors is because they are expected to hold their positions longer.

Instead, Spotify may have to rely on its cache of cool with listeners to drive public support for its share price as it pushes to fend off Apple Music’s invasion of its streaming kingdom.

visit this link https://techcrunch.com/20 .. mobilenavtrend
hot topic and 2 others gave props

messy marv stan slapped this ish

66 comments for "Spotify preps to go public with 60M subscribers, outpacing Apple"

3 months ago '04        #2
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,955 | Props total: 4325 4325
Hacked premium apk
misterethoughts and 14 others gave props

3 months ago '16        #3
Humblegold 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,094 | Props total: 1775 1775
Spotify dont have Hov, so I don't have Spotify

Also, Apple curates better playlists and looks better on ipad
Itzike and 3 others gave props

kushkulture420 and 13 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '13        #4
cCarter8020 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 871 871
 Humblegold said:
Spotify dont have Hov, so I don't have Spotify

Also, Apple curates better playlists and looks better on ipad
The problem is apple only allows their curated playlists.
Spotify has public playlists. So you search something it might come up as a playlist.
Importance examples from my experience in Spotify vs. Apple Music
Spotify: After seeing kanye tour, found playlist created by user having a playlist of his setlist in order performed on tour. Nothing similar on Apple Music
Apple Music: has lots of Caribbean music dancehall soca, limited playlists or info, probably nobody to curate.
Spotify: user made playlists with newest soca/dancehall.
User playlists are big and apple could use them too being public
misterethoughts and 18 others gave props

3 months ago '15        #5
Magozz 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,152 | Props total: 8402 8402
 KREW said:
Hacked premium apk
Shoot me a link in PM my BX brethem, I will appreciate you dearly.
No homo.
Jessie19994 and 4 others gave props

3 months ago '10        #6
MANNYSOSA 15 heat pts15
space
space
$3,302 | Props total: 1382 1382
Can the bx stock experts weigh in on this?
Jhnnyblz427 and 6 others gave props

3 months ago '15        #7
Beezy84 
space
space
space
$225 | Props total: 670 670
How? I don't think I know anyone who has Spotify. Although I also don't give a sh*t what streaming service people have. Not sure I believe that Spotify is outpacing Apple Music.
Seems like Fake news.
messy marv stan gave props

Epitome and 7 others slapped this ish

3 months ago '05        #8
white-chocolate 122 heat pts122
space
space
$15,410 | Props total: 1277 1277
 KREW said:
Hacked premium apk
i need the plug bro
 3 months ago '17        #9
ghettorockstar 69 heat pts69
space
space
$2,342 | Props total: 5197 5197
 KREW said:
Hacked premium apk
shoot me that plug bruh
 3 months ago '04        #10
reazon_opt 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,952 | Props total: 535 535
 MANNYSOSA said:
Can the bx stock experts weigh in on this?
it all depends on the financial status of the company. short and long term debt. cash flow, equity, book value. market share. all these things are taken into consideration.
MANNYSOSA and 2 others gave props

3 months ago '10        #11
MANNYSOSA 15 heat pts15
space
space
 reazon_opt said:
it all depends on the financial status of the company. short and long term debt. cash flow, equity, book value. market share. all these things are taken into consideration.
Well for one they have a higher per user cost than Netflix, Apple Music (freemium is k!lling them slowly)

2nd they took out a billion dollar Loan last year which was dependant on them going public with a 5% interest rate for the first 6 months with an extra 1% per month that they don't go public

I'm in the mindset that Spotify is over valued right now and will be a bad investment I'd like more info or have a discussion about this because streaming really interests me
reazon_opt and 3 others gave props

3 months ago '04        #12
cuzjuan 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,109 | Props total: 481 481
 KREW said:
Hacked premium apk
u da plug pm me the link b
 3 months ago '04        #13
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,955 | Props total: 4325 4325
 Magozz said:
Shoot me a link in PM my BX brethem, I will appreciate you dearly.
No homo.
 white-chocolate said:
i need the plug bro
 ghettorockstar said:
shoot me that plug bruh
 cuzjuan said:
u da plug pm me the link b

[spoiler - click to view]

Magozz and 8 others gave props

3 months ago '05        #14
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,252 | Props total: 2185 2185
Just like FB and SNAP , i see this going up based on all the hype then tanking to more reasonable levels.

Not sure how they are financially but it will take alot more than just streaming for people to really catch on. Im surprised they havent gone into embedded music streaming on the hardware side of things.
moth818 gave props

3 months ago '04        #15
reazon_opt 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,952 | Props total: 535 535
 MANNYSOSA said:
Well for one they have a higher per user cost than Netflix, Apple Music (freemium is k!lling them slowly)

2nd they took out a billion dollar Loan last year which was dependant on them going public with a 5% interest rate for the first 6 months with an extra 1% per month that they don't go public

I'm in the mindset that Spotify is over valued right now and will be a bad investment I'd like more info or have a discussion about this because streaming really interests me
i did not know about the loan thing. but damn. i just think a billion is so little to them. theyre probably generating billions a year. im curious how their a.ssets are looking.
messy marv stan slapped this ish

3 months ago '10        #16
MANNYSOSA 15 heat pts15
space
space
 reazon_opt said:
i did not know about the loan thing. but damn. i just think a billion is so little to them. theyre probably generating billions a year. im curious how their a.ssets are looking.
im not sure about their a.ssets either.. i dont think much has been reported but if you do come across any more info send it my way

all these streaming companies are loosing money
reazon_opt gave props

3 months ago '07        #17
stogz 17 heat pts17
space
space
$40,534 | Props total: 28049 28049
"direct-listing"... ugh. no thx.

losses growing at 3 times the rate of revenue? uggghh, nah. i'll pass.
MANNYSOSA and 1 others gave props

3 months ago '17        #18
Movadovato 
space
space
space
$229 | Props total: 231 231
fu*k Spotify shout out that free link though

messy marv stan gave props

3 months ago '10        #19
MANNYSOSA 15 heat pts15
space
space
 stogz said:
"direct-listing"... ugh. no thx.

losses growing at 3 times the rate of revenue? uggghh, nah. i'll pass.
aye man what you think about palantir
 3 months ago '05        #20
Juelz23 
space
space
$1,142 | Props total: 322 322
what do we do with the apk. pardon my ignorance lol
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ass too Phat to pass up
80 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 19 - Dogs make cute facial expressions to humans on purpose, study..
41 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Somebody explain the rap chain game to me
61 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent provides footage of Jimmy Henchmen 'ratting' on people
64 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Most Overrated Producer
147 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Desiigner has an aneurysm during interview
47 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Erica Mena responds to Gillie
62 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 19 - Japan ready to send man to moon after discovering huge lunar ..
9 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy