Video inside Kenneka Jenkins Update [OMFG]
72 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The lack of quality d1ck in 2017
92 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kylie Jenner pregnant byTravis Scott.
115 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sep 22 - Asian Takes 7 Bullets From Cop Like A G *graphic video*
75 comments
@misc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 2 months ago '04        #1
4770 pageviews
110 comments

JFamis 234 heat pts234
space
space
$16,893 | Props total: 4203 4203
'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Suffers MCU's Worst Second-Weekend Drop Ever

Sonyís Spider-Man: Homecoming isnít remotely a flop. Yet the $175 million-budgeted Marvel Cinematic Universe entry earned another $45.2m in its second weekend of release and has now earned $208.27m in ten days. But the film did drop 61% in its second weekend, identical to the second-weekend drops for Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. And that $45m weekend figure, from a $117m opening weekend, is identical to the $45m third weekend of Sam Raimiís Spider-Man (in 2002) and the second weekend of Spider-Man 2 (coming off an $88m Fri-Sun/$180m Wed-Mon debut in 2004).

So, barring some catch-up legs over the next month, weíre looking at an identical multiplier to Amazing Spider-Man 2 ($202 million/$91m) and Spider-Man 3 ($336m/$151m). That will lead to a domestic total almost identical to the $262m cume of The Amazing Spider-Man (from a $137m Tues-Sun debut) back in 2012. And adjusted for inflation, it will be noticeably fewer tickets sold than that 2012 reboot. And if the second-weekend figure holds up, the 61.3% drop will be the worst ever for a Marvel Cinematic Universe title.

Now, to be fair, the $117 million opening weekend was among the MCUís biggest outside of the May summer kick-off blow-outs, second to Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 among MCU films that didnít open in early May. And weíre still looking at a film that may end up the summerís third-biggest domestic grosser, give or take Despicable Me 3. And it cost a lot less than the $235-$255m budgets of the last two Amazing Spider-Man movies, and it was well-liked enough that a sequel should at least hold down the fort comparatively.

But, for all the talk about how adding Spider-Man to the MCU and bringing along Robert Downey Jr.ís Iron Man would goose the franchise, that clearly didnít happen (for one thing, Tonyís interactions with Peter were more interest in Civil War). And frankly, I never thought it would, since at the end of the day folks who were uber-excited about the MCU were mostly the same folks who would flock to any Spider-Man movie on opening weekend. Moreover, the MCU effect arguably canceled out those who had given up on the franchise after Amazing Spider-Man 2 or had their fill of Spidey movies.

It was more about stopping the bleeding than goosing the IP. Now the good news is that itís doing well overseas ($260 million overseas for a $468m with plenty of territories, including China, still to come) and, again, folks liked the Tom Holland/Michael Keaton/Zendaya movie so the IP is in better health than it was a month ago. Oh, and Baby Driver is making a run at $100m domestic, but I digress. In the end, Spider-Man: Homecoming was the Steve Jobs of superhero reboots. Like The Incredible Hulk, Marvel made a seemingly more commercial and acclaimed package but still got a relatively similar result.

visit this link https://www.forbes.com/si .. drop-ever/amp/
hot topic gave props

SM and 3 others slapped this ish

110 comments for "'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Suffers MCU's Worst Second-Weekend Drop Ever"

2 months ago '06        #2
Michael 1987 716 heat pts716
space
space
$79,829 | Props total: 9676 9676
But but but they say this is the best spider-man tho.
Hooper4eva and 11 others gave props

Alexander1226 and 9 others slapped this ish

2 months ago '06        #3
Jhnnyblz427 159 heat pts159
space
space
$33,249 | Props total: 14655 14655
still getting that sequel we good

MightyHealthy2 and 28 others gave props

koolizzle and 1 others slapped this ish

2 months ago '04        #4
JFamis 234 heat pts234 OP
space
space
 Michael 1987 said:
I think this is more likely Spidey exhaustion than bad WOM... We'll see.
Michael 1987 and 21 others gave props

bigscore slapped this ish

2 months ago '09        #5
mtva24 218 heat pts218
space
space
$8,587 | Props total: 814 814
Everyone went to see the apes this weekend, nothing else is really coming out this summer, so they should be good. Dunkirk and atomic blonde maybe, but won't gross like that.
CamburyBXGreat and 23 others gave props

2 months ago '17        #6
PharaohWinter 28 heat pts28
space
space
$2,483 | Props total: 12326 12326
planet of the apes dropped baby driver and despicable me 3 with dunkirk dropping next weekend.. spiderman was great but i think alot of people would rather watch some of these others than a 2nd watch.. too many good movies out
SimpinAintEz and 22 others gave props

2 months ago '17        #7
space
space
 mtva24 said:
Everyone went to see the apes this weekend, nothing else is really coming out this summer, so they should be good. Dunkirk and atomic blonde maybe, but won't gross like that.
the dark tower will be major
TWhite7 and 6 others gave props

LeMar G and 1 others slapped this ish

2 months ago '09        #8
whodatb1 298 heat pts298
space
space
space
$19,174 | Props total: 9057 9057
Apes split a lot of the parents and young adults who might have seen it and/pr took kids to see it this weekend....

Like dude said... Marvel essentially "stopped the bleeding".....
bigscore and 2 others gave props

2 months ago '04        #9
space
space
 PharaohWinter said:
planet of the apes dropped baby driver and despicable me 3 with dunkirk dropping next weekend.. spiderman was great but i think alot of people would rather watch some of these others than a 2nd watch.. too many good movies out
May through July, there are back-to-back big time releases every week every summer and you don't see other movies that were well liked taking falls like that. Not sure if it's sequel fatigue or Spider-Man fatigue, but something is up here.
Y.G. gave props

djgist slapped this ish

2 months ago '17        #10
space
space
 JFamis said:
May through July, there are back-to-back big time releases every week every summer and you don't see other movies that were well liked taking falls like that. Not sure if it's sequel fatigue or Spider-Man fatigue, but something is up here.
nah i hear you.. i just think apes is stealing alot of the thunder.. but you might be on to something with sequal fatigue.. sh*t is definitely becoming too much but i still keep going

2 months ago '10        #11
KillaJ008 4 heat pts
space
space
$812 | Props total: 361 361
Who gives a sh*t. These people do anything to get headlines. Its still making mad money and were still getting sequels
Jhnnyblz427 and 3 others gave props

2 months ago '14        #12
Soaring Seagull 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,996 | Props total: 2754 2754
Origin stories can be tough for superhero movies. Especially ones that have been rebooted over and over. They got Spidey into the mcu, put together a young and developing Peter storyline, and they managed to save the big bads for later. They'll have the flexibility to be more adventerous in the next.
Cheeeeeeeeeze and 2 others gave props

2 months ago '14        #13
Soaring Seagull 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,996 | Props total: 2754 2754
 JFamis said:
Origin fatigue I think. This will be our third time watching a young Peter grow into his powers. Sequels will probably involve more stakes for Spidey which will bring more fan investment
Cheeeeeeeeeze gave props

2 months ago '04        #14
Dash 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$7,416 | Props total: 14749 14749
Let's b real. Its a good, not great MCU film. I'm not surprised
Y.G. and 8 others gave props

Black Jehuty and 1 others slapped this ish

2 months ago '09        #15
bigscore 1605 heat pts1605
space
space
$12,394 | Props total: 16041 16041
"Things aren't looking too bad for the wall-crawler, though, as its current domestic gross is $208.3 million. What that means is that after just two weekends, Spider-Man: Homecoming has already made more than what The Amazing Spider-Man 2 did in its entire theatrical run. That's a big improvement!"
Jhnnyblz427 and 1 others gave props

2 months ago '04        #16
space
space
 KillaJ008 said:
Who gives a sh*t. These people do anything to get headlines. Its still making mad money and were still getting sequels
Because a 60%+ drop is usually indicative of WOM not being good, so it's weird to see a Spider-Man movie almost everybody loved suffer such a big drop, especially with box office sales being down this year.
 2 months ago '05        #17
jaedot 23 heat pts23
space
space
$3,504 | Props total: 3693 3693
Im going right now hopefully my $13.50 moves the needle
Cartel-Clipz and 2 others gave props

2 months ago '05        #18
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$40,887 | Props total: 12296 12296
The movie wasn't that good. Was a cool watch but I think most people that wanted to see, saw it the first week. It won't have legs like the other summer Marvel movies.
DJ EM Double gave props

Agentzer0oo0 and 3 others slapped this ish

2 months ago '08        #19
mr.mdz 
space
space
space
$1,335 | Props total: 2053 2053
 PharaohWinter said:
the dark tower will be major
sh*t's gonna be a major flop.
Michael 1987 and 8 others gave props

Abel X slapped this ish

2 months ago '15        #20
Majestoso 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,396 | Props total: 1236 1236
 Michael 1987 said:
but but but its better than wonder woman

but but but marvel can't lose

but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but
Esco300YMCMB and 5 others gave props

C. Wat slapped this ish

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kim K Friend Looks Better
58 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Karrueche Tran Ain't Got Nothing To Show
80 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Best Films of the Year so Far?
104 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Sep 21 - woman fatally shoots sleeping boyfriend - uses machete to chop up his..
53 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Laurence Fishburne got divorced.
79 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joss Whedon Has Reportedly Cut A MAJOR Character From JUSTICE LEAGUE
61 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 21 - 15-Year-Old gives birth to NJ Detective's Baby......yep
126 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Sep 21 - infamous mob rat/scumbag sammy "sammy the bull" gravano released from..
42 comments
23 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy