Lisa Stansfield & Barry White - All Around The World

most viewed right now
-91  51
106 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '12        #1
884 page views
37 comments

ThePainkiller 366 heat pts366
space
space
$74,789 | Props total: 34082 34082
Lisa Stansfield & Barry White - All Around The World

[video - click to view]

I'm sure most of you are familiar with this song seeing as one of your favourite rappers sampled it. But many may not be so familiar with the true sounds of Lisa's voice. She is very underrated and she made some great tunes through the late 80s and 90s. This is the version with Barry White which inspired something else later one(that I'll make a thread on later); however, here is the solo version. It hits me every time.

[video - click to view]

@Sinamatik CFR
@Tjvh616
@RubbahBandMayn
@Ms Ambitious
@Laureltonbred
@Bidam7
@illmatic826
@ItsAlwaysMe
@jsmooth23
@Trilluminati GA @DoubleOWavy @mafiaboy
@CheebaHawk21
@Avon_Barksdale
@RileyEsco
@Tully Blanchard
@Knowledgeable

Last edited by ThePainkiller; 07-12-2017 at 09:22 AM..

37 comments for "Lisa Stansfield & Barry White - All Around The World"

2 years ago '07        #2
RubbahBandMayn 16 heat pts16
space
space
$15,887 | Props total: 13003 13003
Man you just took me back to my childhood. I used to like this joint when I was a young thundercat. Was this released in 91?

2 years ago '12        #3
ThePainkiller 366 heat pts366 OP
space
space
 RubbahBandMayn said
Man you just took me back to my childhood. I used to like this joint when I was a young thundercat. Was this released in 91?
89 but I swear when I was a kid, this song was played so much on the radio. I'm talking 95-98

2 years ago '16        #4
Xavier Trout 294 heat pts294
space
space
$4,556 | Props total: 14970 14970
Knew the original song, the Diddy version and the August Alsina sample but didn't know about this.
Props to OP.

2 years ago '07        #5
space
space
 ThePainkiller said
89 but I swear when I was a kid, this song was played so much on the radio. I'm talking 95-98
Riight I knew it was somewhere in that time frame. Back when In Living Color used to come on TV and you right they played this so much on the radio man. It's a song you could never forget if you were old enough around the time.

2 years ago '09        #6
Knowledgeable 46 heat pts46
space
space
$14,139 | Props total: 9932 9932
. Damn my dude..You're taking me back foreal..I'm a very nostalgic person.. Remember this one?

[video - click to view]

2 years ago '16        #7
Bidam7 178 heat pts178
space
space
$25,122 | Props total: 60918 60918
My friend loves her literally she underrated this is the most known song it pretty cool since one of her major influences her influence is Barry white timeless classic

2 years ago '12        #8
space
space
 Knowledgeable said
. Damn my dude..You're taking me back foreal..I'm a very nostalgic person.. Remember this one?
Shiiiiiiit! I haven't heard this song is forever! I mean like at least over 10 years. When they used to play music worth listening to on the radio.

2 years ago '07        #9
space
space
 Knowledgeable said
Classic. Pac sampled this joint on the Gridlock'd soundtrack song "Lost Souls"

2 years ago '09        #10
space
space
 ThePainkiller said
Shiiiiiiit! I haven't heard this song is forever! I mean like at least over 10 years. When they used to play music worth listening to on the radio.

Man tell me about it... I can't remember the last time I've listened to the radio.. I can tell you're an old soul like me.. I'm kind of stuck in the past as far as music goes even old school TV show theme songs give me extreme nostalgia.. it's kind of hard to describe...

2 years ago '09        #11
space
space
 RubbahBandMayn said
Classic. Pac sampled this joint on the Gridlock'd soundtrack song "Lost Souls"

Oh wow fam..I never knew that..good looking out...

2 years ago '07        #12
space
space
 Knowledgeable said
Oh wow fam..I never knew that..good looking out...
No prob fam he did it justice too. Long live the 90's

2 years ago '04        #13
xRipAnT24x 
space
space
$5,588 | Props total: 661 661
classic childhood song

2 years ago '09        #14
space
space
 RubbahBandMayn said
No prob fam he did it justice too. Long live the 90's

. Yessir he sure did...

2 years ago '12        #15
space
space
 Knowledgeable said
Man tell me about it... I can't remember the last time I've listened to the radio.. I can tell you're an old soul like me.. I'm kind of stuck in the past as far as music goes even old school TV show theme songs give me extreme nostalgia.. it's kind of hard to describe...
Being 25, feel like like at least 46. We were raised on the old school stuff and I get that kick of nostalgia like a motherfu*ker. The days of the cook outs with your family. Seeing them playing cards, drinking, smoking, that get together music, man it takes me back. Now those same people are getting much older, and so are we, some times we wish we could go back when life was much carefree.

Grew up too fast and the good times seemed as if they didn't last. Oh how I dream of the days of the past.

Man I miss it bro. My pc is probably filled with all the songs they played on the radio back in the day. Before we had access to know what the name of a song was or an artist. You just knew the song and stood by waiting for it to come on over and over lol.

2 years ago '09        #16
space
space
 ThePainkiller said
Being 25, feel like like at least 46. We were raised on the old school stuff and I get that kick of nostalgia like a motherfu*ker. The days of the cook outs with your family. Seeing them playing cards, drinking, smoking, that get together music, man it takes me back. Now those same people are getting much older, and so are we, some times we wish we could go back when life was much carefree.

Grew up too fast and the good times seemed as if they didn't last. Oh how I dream of the days of the past.

Man I miss it bro. My pc is probably filled with all the songs they played on the radio back in the day. Before we had access to know what the name of a song was or an artist. You just knew the song and stood by waiting for it to come on over and over lol.
I'm 35 and Aww man you sound exactly like me my dude..There's not a single day that passes by where I don't think about the past, play old school music or tv theme songs..

Those fun times with family at the family reunions and getting to see all your loved ones and then as time passes a few loved ones pass away only to leave you with memories..

To me Nostalgia is like a time machine.. anything that makes you feel nostalgic and takes you back to a pastime is what it gives off... I've gotten to the point where I now collect vintage clothing from the 90s early 2000 era.. basically stuff that I used to wear when I was a bit younger.. I'm also about to start a record collection.. it's a beautiful thing but also sad at the same time..

2 years ago '12        #17
space
space
 Knowledgeable said
I'm 35 and Aww man you sound exactly like me my dude..There's not a single day that passes by where I don't think about the past, play old school music or tv theme songs..

Those fun times with family at the family reunions and getting to see all your loved ones and then as time passes a few loved ones pass away only to leave you with memories..

To me Nostalgia is like a time machine.. anything that makes you feel nostalgic and takes you back to a pastime is what it gives off... I've gotten to the point where I now collect vintage clothing from the 90s early 2000 era.. basically stuff that I used to wear when I was a bit younger.. I'm also about to start a record collection.. it's a beautiful thing but also sad at the same time..
I'm afraid nostalgia will be the death of us ultimately. I've already scoped out where I'm going if they create a time machine. I want to see what it was like to live as an adult when I was a kid.

2 years ago '09        #18
space
space
 ThePainkiller said
I'm afraid nostalgia will be the death of us ultimately. I've already scoped out where I'm going if they create a time machine. I want to see what it was like to live as an adult when I was a kid.

. I know fam..I'd love to do the same thing.. And yea the death of us might from nostalgia but as of now I feel as though it's keeping me alive as weird as that may sound...

2 years ago '12        #19
space
space
 Knowledgeable said
. I know fam..I'd love to do the same thing.. And yea the death of us might from nostalgia but as of now I feel as though it's keeping me alive as weird as that may sound...
Yeah, if I didn't have memories of good times, I'd blow my damn head off, no joke.

2 years ago '07        #20
Avon_Barksdale 4719 heat pts4719
space
space
$50,386 | Props total: 93002 93002
 ThePainkiller said

I'm sure most of you are familiar with this song seeing as one of your favourite rappers sampled it. But many may not be so familiar with the true sounds of Lisa's voice. She is very underrated and she made some great tunes through the late 80s and 90s. This is the version with Barry White which inspired something else later one(that I'll make a thread on later); however, here is the solo version. It hits me every time.

@
R.I.P. Unc

2 years ago '09        #21
space
space
 ThePainkiller said
Yeah, if I didn't have memories of good times, I'd blow my damn head off, no joke.

I feel you fam...

2 years ago '13        #22
DoubleOWavy 
space
space
space
$1,100 | Props total: 1083 1083
 illmatic826 said

I dfl. Every time
You a legend for this!!!!!!

2 years ago '09        #23
Ms Ambitious 249 heat pts249
space
space
$8,445 | Props total: 7273 7273
Sorry I'm late to the party lol. All these songs remind me of my childhood They always played this on the radio. I always get her and Lisa Fischer mixed up.

On a side note...

[video - click to view]

This was my sh*t too

2 years ago '08        #24
V.R. Nabor 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,175 | Props total: 5737 5737
 Knowledgeable said
Swear this song remind me of my mother lol, I use to walk home from school and she'd be waiting on me, we get in the house and this would be playing

2 years ago '09        #25
space
space
 V.R. Nabor said
Swear this song remind me of my mother lol, I use to walk home from school and she'd be waiting on me, we get in the house and this would be playing

..that old school music brings back so many memories my boy...

Home      

most viewed right now
+76online now  41
Video inside Damnnn! That ass!......... Youtube Bikini Haul Try-ons appreciation
58 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-105online now  32
She's built for S*x...Its all she has to offer
106 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+65online now  32
Image(s) inside Little boy sees his father without dreads for the first time
44 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-29online now  14
Image(s) inside Ya FAV IG BECKY THOT EXPOSED, This Is How DISEASE & BACTERIA IS SPREAD..
98 comments
24 hours ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy