Dave East Isnít Making Music With Kevin Durant But Expect Prodigy & Jeezy Records

most viewed right now
+48  31
95 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '07        #1
823 page views
14 comments

Avon_Barksdale 4719 heat pts4719
space
space
$50,389 | Props total: 93002 93002
Dave East Isnít Making Music With Kevin Durant But Expect Prodigy & Jeezy Records

BROOKLYN, NY – BET weekend in Los Angeles means artists from all over the world come to celebrate the festivities. Meanwhile, on Sunday (June 25), Harlem MC Dave East pulled a bi-coastal no-look pass and traveled back to his hometown for the DEW NBA 3X at Brooklyn Bridge Park.

2017 marks the second year of the DEW NBA 3X elite 3◊3 basketball competition, which highlight preselected men’s and women’s teams made up of FIBA’s top 100 globally ranked players. Winner of the six-city tour will qualify to compete in the 2018 USA Basketball 3◊3 National Tournament.

Hopping on a call immediately following his performance, the Kiara Chanel rapper revealed it was his first time performing on a basketball court.

Speaking on the recent NBA Draft, Dave admits the only person he was familiar with this year is Lonzo Ball, who recently fulfilled his outspoken father’s wishes and was aquired by the Los Angeles Lakers.

Dave expands, “I know he from Cali and all that. That’s hometown love right there. He seems like somebody that can help that program over there.”
Speaking of basketball, a photo on the Internet surfaced of East and reigning NBA champ, Kevin Durant posted in the studio, leading to many wondering if the two were working on new music together. The former b-ball star in his own rite quickly dispels those rumors.

“No, Kevin ain’t making no music, man,” Dave clarifies. “We did that before. Before all of this, he was making beats for me — my first or second mixtape. He came through to just hear my new… the Paranoia tape I’m about to put out. He came to hear that.”
Since his 2014 breakthrough year — which has apexed into him being a part of both Nas’ Mass Appeal and the storied Def Jam label, many have christened East (born David Brewster) for being the torchbearer to bring back traditional Hip Hop back to the days of its commercial accepatance. Speaking on the upcoming project, he reveals that its length will be something longstanding Hip Hop heads are accustomed to.

“It’s dropping in July. I can’t give you the exact time,” he admits. “It’s like ten joints- all original, of course. It’s my first release with Def Jam.”
Without giving away too much, Dave reveals one guest feature we can look forward to.

“Yeah, I got features on there. You trying to get all the exclusives,” he continued with a laugh. I’ll tell you one. Young Jeezy. I got Jeezy on there. I got the uncle on there with me. I got the freedom over there to do me. I’m in a position where I got a lot of other things going on besides the music, so they really in my corner with everything else. I think I made a good decision signing with them.”
Rap stars these day are expected to have multiple eggs for their baskets and modeling is one of the other endeavors Dave is pursuing. An endeavor he admits comes second nature given his 6’6″ frame.

“Yeah, I’m modeling,” he explains. “I actually had a sit-down and a talk with a few agencies, so we putting that together now. I got a couple clothing lines. Fear of God is one, for sure. I’m about to do some things with them. But it’s a few different lines that’s about to have me modeling. If I ever put that blog out, soon as it hits, it’s lit.”
Dave adds, “It’s regular, i do that every day, I just got eyes watching me with cameras, and that’s becoming normal, too.”
Proceeding with caution, DX asked Dave about his relationship with Prodigy of Mobb Deep, who passed away at the age of 42 this past month (June 20).

View this post on Instagram

Damn P #LegendGoneTooSoon

A post shared by Freaky Forever Mugga ÔŅĹ FTD ENT (@daveeast) on

“I ain’t gon’ front. That was big bro. Me and him had a good relationship. I actually met him in Queensbridge. I used to get out there a lot when I was younger. Me and him actually just did two records not too long ago. I had a record on his new project he was about to put out.

He got a record with me. So, that was a shocker. I been knew about the sickle cell situation, but I seen him, he was in the gym and all that. It kind of was like out of blue. You never really expect nobody to die like that. That really came out of left field.”

And fans can expect a Harlem/Queensbridge collaboration, sooner than later.

“I got a record with him, I’m going to get it mixed and all that. And put that out so everybody can hear me and him together.”

visit this link http://www.hiphopdx.com/n .. -jeezy-records

14 comments for "Dave East Isnít Making Music With Kevin Durant But Expect Prodigy & Jeezy Records"

2 years ago '07        #2
Avon_Barksdale 4719 heat pts4719 OP
space
space
@

2 years ago '15        #3
Brok3nImag3s 17 heat pts17
space
space
$4,700 | Props total: 5683 5683
That's what's up

2 years ago '13        #4
mikejuheard 44 heat pts44
space
space
$32,545 | Props total: 46887 46887
Dave needs a hit record I dont want him to be a next Vado

2 years ago '07        #5
Avon_Barksdale 4719 heat pts4719 OP
space
space
 mikejuheard said
He got the connections, so I hope he comes with one before the album

2 years ago '13        #6
mikejuheard 44 heat pts44
space
space
$32,545 | Props total: 46887 46887
 Avon_Barksdale said
He got the connections, so I hope he comes with one before the album
Facts

He needs the album sales

2 years ago '15        #7
Laureltonbred 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,412 | Props total: 4510 4510
 mikejuheard said
While I think Vado is the better rapper between the two, East is more of a sellable package *pause* than Vado..

Oddly enough, they only got one record together, I wonder if that has anything to do with East falling out with Jae Millz, his brother Makarel and the Potent crew cuz he was repping that hard when he first got next to Nas..

2 years ago '12        #8
The Consultant 372 heat pts372
space
space
$28,386 | Props total: 36485 36485
dropping in July with no record out

2 years ago '04        #9
pocketchange 172 heat pts172
space
space
$14,741 | Props total: 15992 15992
Hope my beat make the cut.

2 years ago '04        #10
space
space
 The Consultant said
dropping in July with no record out
It's a mixtape.

2 years ago '12        #11
The Consultant 372 heat pts372
space
space
$28,386 | Props total: 36485 36485
 pocketchange said
It's a mixtape.
it better be

2 years ago '17        #12
O1as 279 heat pts279
space
space
$8,841 | Props total: 19360 19360

Dave east needs to focus on hits only no more mixtape stuff

just hit songs no features or having features on any song

period

2 years ago '04        #13
space
space
 The Consultant said
it better be
Dave East my n*gga, but I've been saying it since he hit me. He got a lot of connections, but he's like the east coast Nipsey Hussle.

I used to compare him to J.Cole, but he really Nipsey.

Him and Nipsey both crippin and got hella connections, but they ain't got that record. But I'm sure Nipsey putting game in you loc ear. Dave gonna get a hit, but it's gonna be a feature and it might no actually be his record just him spitting 12 bars. He doing the right thing by going into modeling.

2 years ago '14        #14
iamlegend24 
space
space
$2,576 | Props total: 4678 4678
 mikejuheard said
This n*gga already bigger than vado and accomplished more. Dude continues to be hungry after the nas co sign. Unlike vado with cam and Khalid. East continues to do features remix and solo work he be good. But hopefully he makes that big hit song

2 years ago '14        #15
iamlegend24 
space
space
$2,576 | Props total: 4678 4678
 pocketchange said
Dave East my n*gga, but I've been saying it since he hit me. He got a lot of connections, but he's like the east coast Nipsey Hussle.

I used to compare him to J.Cole, but he really Nipsey.

Him and Nipsey both crippin and got hella connections, but they ain't got that record. But I'm sure Nipsey putting game in you loc ear. Dave gonna get a hit, but it's gonna be a feature and it might no actually be his record just him spitting 12 bars. He doing the right thing by going into modeling.
I agree somewhat but then I don't nipsey ain't sign to no big label at the time I think he was signed to epic but he kinda dropped the ball with that. And it seems like nipsey doesn't care about being a star and he's good. East seems like he actually wants to be somewhat of a star

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  18
BOX Broner's Sexuality Officially In Question by the Rainbow Community
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  9
Google Stadia
139 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
-126online now  8
She's built for S*x...Its all she has to offer
123 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  4
Image(s) inside Is There Any Other Rapper Who Can Compete With Nas 3 Album Run?
166 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy