Jun 30 - Americans are getting a raise this holiday weekend

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '04        #1
848 page views
11 comments

Claudinho69 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,585 | Props total: 2874 2874
Jun 30 - Americans are getting a raise this holiday weekend

A lot of Americans are getting a raise this holiday weekend.

Minimum wage hikes take effect Saturday in cities, counties and states across the country. In San Francisco and Los Angeles, the increase is a step toward a minimum wage of $15 an hour -- the "living wage" threshold that workers' rights activists have been lobbying for since 2012. The minimum wage goes up to $14 an hour in San Francisco on Saturday, on the way to $15 next year. In Los Angeles, it rises to between $10.50 and $12, depending on the size of the business. It will hit $15 for all businesses in 2021. "It's a lot of help," Agadette Solis, a 21-year-old IHOP hostess in Los Angeles, told CNNMoney. She joined the f*ght for $15 movement last year, and says her wages help support her two siblings and her mother, who has another baby on the way. "Even if it's $1 or $1.50, it's more money for me to save up or spend on my siblings," Solis said. Her pay will jump from $10.50 an hour to $12. Other parts of the country have approved more modest bumps. Maryland will raise the minimum wage from $8.75 to $9.25 this weekend, then up to $10.10 next year. The federal minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. Congress hasn't raised it in 10 years.

Here's where workers will get a boost on Saturday, and how much they'll start making.

Chicago: $11 an hour.

Cook County, Illinois: $10 an hour.

Emeryville, California: $15.20 an hour for businesses with more than 56 employees, and $14 an hour for businesses with 55 or fewer employees.

Flagstaff, Arizona: $10.50 an hour.

Los Angeles: $12 an hour for businesses with more than 26 employees, and $10.50 an hour for businesses with 25 or fewer employees.

Maryland: $9.25 an hour.

Milpitas, California: $11 an hour.

Montgomery County, Maryland: $11.50 an hour.

Oregon: $10.25 an hour. (Exception: $11.25 an hour in the Portland metro area, and $10 an hour in some counties designated as "non-urban.")

Pasadena, California: $12 an hour for businesses with 26 or more employees, and $10.50 an hour or businesses with 25 or fewer employees.

San Francisco: $14 an hour.

San Jose, California: $12 an hour.

San Leandro, California: $12 an hour.

Santa Monica, California: $12 an hour for businesses with 26 or more employees, and $10.50 an hour or businesses with 25 or fewer employees.

Washington, D.C.: $12.50 an hour.

visit this link http://money.cnn.com/2017 .. y-1/index.html

Florida stay on that bullsh*t :/

11 comments for "Jun 30 - Americans are getting a raise this holiday weekend"

2 years ago '05        #2
dasill 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,182 | Props total: 6893 6893
 MrMention said
It's not where it needs to be but it's a start. Now we just need Republican states to follow through too and stop giving these people pennies for hard a*s labor. I saw an ad on Craigslist for someone to work 12 hours a day 5-6 days a week moving heavy materials for like $9 an hour. And the way these right to work states are is that they treat their employees like sh*t because they know they don't need an excuse to fire them.
Sounds like oklahoma city

I see this sh*t all the time

2 years ago '06        #3
jeffery225 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,710 | Props total: 1342 1342
Smdh, no mention of LA :nasmad:

2 years ago '05        #4
dasill 12 heat pts12
space
space
 MrMention said
It's pretty much in every republican state. That's why they hate unions. They hate being able to give employees some pull and power. That's why if you notice their jobs always have high turn over rates.
I seen one job they wanted you to have a a*sociates degree 1 year of driving experience and only Pau $8 a hr it was a moving job, who tf wants to have an a*sociates degree and move furniture all day in 100 degree heat for $8 a hr hell you can go get a job at Arby's for $9 a hr or wal mart 11 or 12 a hr

2 years ago '10        #5
Trilluminati GA 434 heat pts434
space
space
$51,449 | Props total: 16822 16822
Ga?

2 years ago '08        #6
Keno 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$7,841 | Props total: 7778 7778
 MrMention said
It's not where it needs to be but it's a start. Now we just need Republican states to follow through too and stop giving these people pennies for hard a*s labor. I saw an ad on Craigslist for someone to work 12 hours a day 5-6 days a week moving heavy materials for like $9 an hour. And the way these right to work states are is that they treat their employees like sh*t because they know they don't need an excuse to fire them.
That's definitely how it is in TN. Folks be slaving for the temps jobs $10-12 hour 50 minimum hours a week. On top of that 0 benefits and they'll drop like a bad habit.

2 years ago '10        #7
Daytona5000 
space
space
space
$1,372 | Props total: 1107 1107
 Keno said
That's definitely how it is in TN. Folks be slaving for the temps jobs $10-12 hour 50 minimum hours a week. On top of that 0 benefits and they'll drop like a bad habit.
Facts facts n more facts but the temps only ones giving a n*gga a look

2 years ago '05        #8
dasill 12 heat pts12
space
space
 Daytona5000 said
Facts facts n more facts but the temps only ones giving a n*gga a look
Don't even get me started on temp (pimp) services I don't know how that whole scheme is legal anywhere. They find you a job take part of your pay from said job then when it is time for you to become full time the buisness cuts you because it is cheaper to keep a temp worker and supply then with no benefits and less pay then their full time employees. and alot of big companies are flocking to doing that. That is why you have sh*tty customer service everywhere how about we work on making the job market marketable again to were people want to work and actually enjoy their job. Work life isn't what it was when our parents were younger no company locality to the workers

Last edited by dasill; 07-01-2017 at 12:28 PM..

2 years ago '10        #9
Daytona5000 
space
space
space
$1,372 | Props total: 1107 1107
 dasill said
Don't even get me started on temp (pimp) services I don't know how that while scheme is legal anywhere. They find you a job take part of your pay from said job then when it is time for you to become full time the buisness cuts you because it is cheaper to keep a temp worker and supply then with no benefits and less pay then their full time employees. and alot of big companies are flocking to doing that. That is why you have sh*tty customer service everywhere how about we working on making the job market marketable again to were people want to work and actually enjoy their job. Work life isn't what it was when our parents were younger no company locality to the workers
sh*t crazy out here but I just gotta grind till I set up these moves out west then it's over for working for the man I was getting $ in various non 9-5 ways but had to get on my grown man sh*t is all a scam I had one job the temp bi*ch couldn't even give me the right address someone else shows up n takes the job sh*t crazy

Home      

most viewed right now
+181online now  35
Video inside wife of brazilian billionaire getting pounded out by security [caught o..
424 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+77online now  24
Image(s) inside Haitian KiKY wit dem swangass
68 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-33online now  18
Video inside BlueFace Allegedly Hooked Up With A Transgender