online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Jun 28 - Pregnant 19-Year-Old Fatally Shoots Boyfriend in YouTube Stunt Gone Wrong

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

7 years ago '08        #1
5292 page views
0 comments

tico86 
Props total: 8934 8 K  Slaps total: 863 863
Jun 28 - Pregnant 19-Year-Old Fatally Shoots Boyfriend in YouTube Stunt Gone Wrong

A recent YouTube stunt gone awry may land one Minnesota teen in prison for second-degree manslaughter. MonaLisa Perez, 19, was arrested Monday night after she fatally shot her boyfriend, 22-year-old Pedro Ruiz, in the chest while they were making a YouTube video at the couple's house in Norman County, not far from Fargo, North Dakota. She is currently pregnant with their second child.

In a criminal complaint filed that same night and obtained by the Star Tribune, Perez told police that Ruiz wanted to make a YouTube video of her shooting a book (County Attorney James Brue described the book in question as a hardcover encyclopedia) to see whether the bullet would go through.

The couple had set up a GoPro camera and another camera placed high up on a nearby ladder to record the stunt; both cameras are now being used as evidence in the investigation.

Perez tweeted a message Monday night, presumably shortly before they filmed the stunt, telling followers, "Me and Pedro are probably going to shoot one of the most dangerous videos ever. HIS idea not MINE."

In March, Perez launched a YouTube channel dedicated to showing "the real life of a young couple who happen to be teen parents." Several of the videos uploaded to their joint channel feature her and Ruiz performing pranks and challenges, with a recent post titled "Doing scary stunts at the fair | part 1."

"Imagine when we have 300,000 subscribers," Perez says at one point in the video.

According to the criminal complaint, Perez told authorities that Ruiz had been trying to convince her "for a while" to perform the dangerous stunt that would ultimately end his life. She alleged that he had even shown her a different book that a bullet did not go through.

Perez also said that she shot Ruiz from just one foot away, using a .50 caliber Desert Eagle firearm.

"They were in love, they loved each other," Ruiz's aunt Claudia Ruiz told WDAY-TV. "It was just a prank gone wrong. It shouldn't have happened like this. It shouldn't have happened at all."

"He told me he had an idea. I said, 'Don't do it, don't do it. Why are you going to use a gun, why?'" Ruiz told the TV station. "He said, 'Because we want more viewers.'"

Perez is being held in a regional jail in Crookston and is scheduled to appear in Norman County court by video Wednesday afternoon.

egg

People really risking their lives for views? These social media addicts have a disease.

http://www.rollingstone.c .. be-vid-w490266

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding