online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Michelle Rodriguez threatens to leave Fast & Furious if they don't 'show love to the women

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

7 years ago '06        #1
13187 page views
0 comments

Tiger King  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x16
Props total: 152912 152 K  Slaps total: 29779 29 K
Michelle Rodriguez threatens to leave Fast & Furious if they don't 'show love to the women

‘At the end of the day, the only leverage I have as an individual is my participation,’ she previously told EW

On the day The Fate of the Furious was released on Digital HD, the franchise has been dealt an ultimatum by one of its biggest stars.

For six Fast & Furious films, Michelle Rodriguez has starred as Letty Ortiz, Dominic Toretto’s (Vin Diesel) badass, ride-or-die love interest. But on Tuesday, the actress announced on Instagram that she’s prepared to leave her highest profile role in the rearview if the next installment doesn’t bring women more into the spotlight.

“F8 is out digitally today, I hope they decide to show some love to the women of the franchise on the next one,” she wrote, along with pictures of her with Diesel and costar Nathalie Emmanuel. “Or I just might have to say goodbye to a loved franchise. It’s been a good ride & Im grateful for the opportunity the fans & studio have provided over the years… One Love.”

IG

While Fast & Furious boasts a deep and talented roster, the loss of Rodriguez would be a major blow. With the late Paul Walker being written into retirement following his Nov. 2013 fatal car accident and Jordana Brewster sitting out the last film, Rodriguez and Diesel are the last original cast members left.

Over the years, the franchise has added more females to the male-dominated cast, including Gal Gadot, Charlize Theron, and Helen Mirren. But as Rodriguez noted in EW’s recent spotlight on the women of Fast & Furious, that doesn’t necessarily tr@nslate to passing the Bechdel test.

“I’ve been making movies with Jordana, who plays the sister of Dom Toretto, for 16 years and I can count on one hand how many lines I’ve had to her,” she told EW. “I think that’s pathetic and it’s lack of creativity.”

http://ew.com/movies/2017 .. -fast-furious/

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
logo LeBron gets called out for stat padding