:Question: New speakers, why are they crackling?

most viewed right now
Video inside The Game - Pest Control (Official Music Video)
185 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sep 26 - POLL OF POLLS: The people say Trump won it easily
47 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Warriors media day pics and debut of new "Crossover" jersey
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Taxstone on twitter begging for a beatdown from Game
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-23-2005, 02:57 PM         #1
10863 pageviews
25 comments

d33bo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:Question: New speakers, why are they crackling?

All right, first off, let me tell you what I have in my car, it might help. I have a 1993 Geo Storm with two 12" subs and a 1600 watt punch amp. I just installed two 5 1/4" alpine speakers in the front of the car, and left the factory ones in the back. My CD player is some 60 dollar thing I bought at Wal-Mart (i suspect this is the problem). Now.... when I turn the volume up to where I had it with the factory speakers (51) the front speakers seem to make a crackling sound when theres too much sound going on in a song. It only is for a second but it happens about every ten seconds. I have the bass on 0 on my CD player and the treble was on 7 (max) when I had the factory speakers, with no problem, since I installed the alpines I dropped the treble down to 6 and it seems to help a little. The speakers dont make the sound when its at a volume of 47 or lower but after that it gets bad. Is it because im using the sh*tty walmart CD player or shuold I lower the treble?

25 comments for ":Question: New speakers, why are they crackling?"

04-23-2005, 04:05 PM         #2
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it's either your connections or your deck, but i'm sure it's the deck, in car audio you get what you pay for and if you paid $60 you got garbage
one
GhosT
 04-23-2005, 04:06 PM         #3
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you should also lower the treble a lil bit, did the alpines come with crossovers?
one
GhosT
 11 years ago '04        #4
R.A.R.E. 82 heat pts82
space
space
$6,617 | Props total: 6964 6964
u popped ya speakers..
 04-23-2005, 04:17 PM         #5
d33bo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I dont think I popped the speakers because the sound stops when its still high but not overly high..... and yeah I figured it was the deck, i mean Ive had that sh*tty thing since I got the car. Im not sure about the crossovers, if they did, what do you reccomend, and if not too
 04-23-2005, 05:32 PM         #6
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well what kind of alipines are they i will take a looka nd find out, did you install them?
one
GhosT
 04-23-2005, 08:22 PM         #7
d33bo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah me and my friend installed them..... i think the problem is with my amp, because I changed the treble to 1 and the bass to -2 and then i faded the sound to the front speakers by 4 (it goes to 10) and now it sounds great.... the speakers are loud, but it does sacrifice some bass.... any suggestions? an extra amp maybe? its a punch 1600 watt one though... i dont know.
 11 years ago '05        #8
younghova032003 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,592 | Props total: 13 13
I seriously doubt its the deck did u install it? Since u installed the speakers u should check to see if the connection on the wire is good and tight and u used electrical tape on it.
 11 years ago '05        #9
scarface1876 
space
space
space
$62 | Props total: 0 0
hopefully you didnt use electrical tape on em and used the connectors they sent you but if you did do it that way make sure you have tha wires matched up neg wit neg n pos wit pos and where did the amp come in to play with the front speakers ..if you have it hooked up to em take em off. how many channels is the amp? its not the deck even tho u do need a new one naw mean lol but go spend u a 100 buks get the deck check that u didnt hook them speakers up to the amp and jus run em from the deck ok ... by the way get a pioneer lol
 11 years ago '05        #10
space
space
^ Yo what u got against electrical tape, i use it but, then again I know what im doin. Na he right though u technically u suppose to use the connectors.
 04-24-2005, 03:02 PM         #11
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yes please explain how the 1600w amp plays into this, how do you have 2 12's and to highs hooked up, to a 1600w amp, tell me what kind of amp it is, cuz the way it sounds you have NO reason to hook up those speakers to your amp
one
GhosT
 04-24-2005, 03:06 PM         #12
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ok this is really soundign liek you have a 2ch amp, UNHOOK THE SPEAKERS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
tell me what equipment you have what kind of subs, what kind of amp and what speakers, i need model #'s and specs.
if you don't atleast have a 4ch amp your going to fu*k things up, and even with a 4ch amp there is no way your hooking things up right. so b4 you do anything else tell me what you have
one
GhosT
 04-24-2005, 03:28 PM         #13
d33bo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OK i just went over my sh*t, and I dont have the speakers hooked up to the amp, theyre hooked up the same way the factory ones were...... but see it doesnt make sense to me why the speaker quality is better when I fade it to the front more and lower the bass and treble..... I had best buy install my subs and amp when i first got it so maybe they hooked it up to my deck, i have no idea.... anyways, this is how it goes

Two Dual subs with enclosure heres the specs:

I have a punch amp heres the specs on that:
(apparently its 1500)

I have some sh*tty deck, i dont even know the name, its a walmart brand

two alpine 150W speakers:

The back speakers are factory

I installed the CD player, and then best buy installed the subs and amp, then i installed the front alpines

The quality now is good, there is no more crackling and its loud, and the subs get lower as i fade the sound to the front, thus making me suspect that the amp was hooked to the deck by best buy

heres my hypothesis as to what the problem was/is:
1. The amp is connected to the deck because of best buy, thus when i fade the sound to the front more, the alpines sound great but the subs get slightly lower.

2. The problem was actually the back factory speakers. When I had the volume high the back speakers couldnt handle it, although they could before i replaced the fronts, and so when i heard the crackling i a.ssumed it was the new ones when it was actually the old (its close quarters in a sh*tty geo storm), so when i faded to the front the sound stopped.

What do you think? How can I tell if the amp is connected to the deck or what?
 04-24-2005, 03:43 PM         #14
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well the amp HAS to be hooked up to the deck, how else would you get sounds to the subs, and you were saying you adjusted the the amp and the speakers stopped crackling, but most likely, the stock rears are fu*ked, your deck is a POS, and to be honest to subs will blow prolly within a few months, so i would hoenstly start building from scratch, but keep the amp and the front speakers, replace your deck, your rears, and your subs, they will just keep causing yo problems
one
GhosT
 11 years ago '05        #15
space
space
Na man u dont got to do all that. I use to do things the ghetto way cuz I couldnt get the top of the line things. Just make sure every thing is hooked right all connections tight and clean. And know the limits of your speakers and amp. Dont turn it up full blast and ride around town or things will blow save that for parkin lot pimpin.

People here think the most expensive things the only way go i.e. JL AUDIO
 04-24-2005, 09:01 PM         #16
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ well yeah get what you pay for in car audio, you spend little you get little, with the exception of ebay and sh*t, and the more you pay the more you get, thats just how it is. you don't have to replace every thing but i would get ride of the deck for sure, your source is a very important part of any system, if you have a sh*tty signal going to your equipment it'll sound sh*tty, and possibly blow sh*t if it's sending to much distortion. i blew my jl 12w3 because of a POS deck. atleast hop on ebay and buy a deck for $150, that will mean it'll be atleast a $200 deck, which is better than a $60. But if your not willing to atleast replace the deck don't complain if it fu*ks your sh*t up. Just trying to keep you from wasting $
one
GhosT
 04-25-2005, 12:15 PM         #17
jigga2180 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^well said brotha
 04-25-2005, 01:05 PM         #18
d33bo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All right I just got paid, and I have 200 bucks to spend on a deck, but im not buying off ebay (i like to have a warranty and sh*t, thats why i bought from best buy, cause if those subs do blow it will be under warranty for the next 4 years.) So what deck shuld I get, check out bestbuy.com if you would and tell me
 11 years ago '05        #19
space
space
Stick with a pioneer u wont go wrong. ^Spending all that money for jl's isnt the best route. There are subs out there that can beat out jl for half the price. Look around cuz u payin for the name.

Last edited by younghova032003; 04-25-2005 at 01:47 PM..
 04-25-2005, 05:10 PM         #20
1siklac 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
try reversing the wires on the new 5 1/4s the polarity could be wrong
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx One gotta go for good
75 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Vado shares pic of incarcerated Loon
129 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lil Reese has been missing meals.
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Top 10 Amazing Video Games That Never Got A Sequel
72 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Grand Theft Auto: Vice City w/ Ultra 4K Graphic Card Mod
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside The Daily Show - Tomi Lahren's Anger Lights Facebook on Fire ~ Evil ..
76 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Man wtf 79 points in 2K17 with a Sharpshooter Online
63 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot PS4 exclusive, 20min Gameplay
26 comments
2 days ago