Jun 18 - Woman Killed By Officers After Calling Police; Children Found In Her Apartment

most viewed right now
Michael Jackson was an as-hole lowkey lmao
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Hell Rell Get's Knocked Out in NYC Street.
198 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Wifin this lil Snowflake
12 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who breaking this 5'10 bi-ch off?
78 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 months ago '12        #1
6788 pageviews
158 comments

Flossin' Daily 1424 heat pts1424
space
space
$4,811 | Props total: 9504 9504
Jun 18 - Woman k!lled By Officers After Calling Police; Children Found In Her Apartment

Seattle police on Sunday shot and k!lled a 30-year-old old woman who had called officers and then displayed a knife. Police took three children from the home; the dead woman’s sister says the shooting was unnecessary.

The 30-year-old woman fatally shot by Seattle police Sunday morning had struggled for the past year with mental health issues and worried that authorities would take her children, one of whom has Down syndrome, said relatives of the deceased woman.

Just after 10 a.m. Sunday Seattle police responded after the woman had called to report an attempted burglary at her Magnuson Park apartment. At some point she brandished a knife and officers shot and k!lled her, according to detectives.

Family members arriving about two hours later were distraught and questioned why police had to shoot the woman, who they identified as Charleena Lyles. She was “tiny,” they said, and believe her race — she is African American — was a factor.

The SPD has confirmed that both officers were white.

“Why couldn’t they have Tased her? They could have taken her down. I could have taken her down,” said Monika Williams, the dead woman’s sister.

Jamieson said officers were alerted to “hazard information” in the system following previous encounters, which prompted a two-officer response Sunday morning when the woman called to report an attempted burglary in her fourth-floor unit at Brettler Family Place apartments, said police Detective Mark Jamieson.

“Officers were confronted by a 30-year-old woman armed with a knife,” The department wrote on its web blotter. “Both officers fired their duty weapons, striking the woman.

“There were several children inside the apartment at the time of the shooting, but they were not injured,” The department said. “They are being cared for by other family members at this time.”

Family members said the children were two boys and a girl, ages 11, 4 and 1.

Seattle Mayor Ed Murray, in a statement Monday afternoon, called the incident “a tragedy for all involved.

“ My thoughts are with the many people impacted, including three children and the responding officers,” he said.

Murray and police Chief Kathleen O’Toole said the shooting will be reviewed by the department’s Force Investigation Team and the Office of Professional Accountability. The King County Prosecutors’ Office also will review the incident and likely call for a coroner’s inquest.

Williams, the grieving sister, wept and yelled epithets outside the apartment, telling reporters that her sister had been shot and k!lled by police. Another woman, who later said she was a stepsister, Florida Carroll, wept uncontrollably and wrung her hands.

Williams said her sister had “mental health problems” and she questioned the need for officers to use deadly force.

She said the woman had been arrested earlier this month after she had armed herself as protection against her boyfriend. Jamieson said she had a pair of scissors during the previous encounter.

“There’s no reason for her to be shot in front of her babies,” Williams yelled at reporters. “The Seattle police shot the wrong one today.”

The family confirmed the sister’s identity. King County Jail records indicate Lyle was arrested and booked into jail June 5 for obstruction of a public official and two counts of harassment filed in Seattle Municipal Court. She was released conditionally on June 14. Details of the incident were not immediately available.

Williams said one of the conditions of her release was that she receive mental health counseling. That claim could not be immediately confirmed Sunday.

Shortly after the shooting, a uniformed police officer was seen cradling a sleeping child outside the apartments where the shooting occurred. Two other children were in back of a police SUV.

Sean O’Donnell, captain of the Seattle Police Department North Precinct, said one of the officer’s involved in the shooting is an 11-year veteran of the force. The other he described as “newer to the department.”

A brother of the deceased women, Domico Jones, said his sister had suffered from mental health issues for the past year and the family had tried to help her. He said care of the four-year-old girl with Down syndrome required Lyle’s around the clock attention.

He said she worried that the children would be taken from her and that the apartment management wanted to get her out of the complex. He echoed other family members who said she was a small woman.

“She was not a person you would fear or feel intimidated by,” Jones said.

The Brettler Family Place is part of a complex of apartments for formerly homeless people operated by Solid Ground. Mike Buchman, communications director for Solid Ground, said about 400 people live at the apartment complex in Magnuson Park. The Brettler is made up of two-, three- and four-bedroom apartments for families. Buchman said about half the residents are children.
hot topic and 10 others gave props

158 comments for "Jun 18 - Woman Killed By Officers After Calling Police; Children Found In Her Apartment"

4 months ago '16        #2
Tiger Wood 
space
space
space
$98 | Props total: 111 111
Mental issues and a weapon....can't be giving cops that much of a reason to k!ll you, because they will. Not all cops have tasers, they don't want to get stabbed themselves over a fu*kin job, and they sure as fu*k don't want you surviving being shot by them due to the lawsuits afterward.
Shame.
America needs a better mental health system, she shouldn't have been trusted around her babies if she can't keep her sh*t together. Fam needs to consider that too.
SteffDub and 14 others gave props

TonyRomoGod and 71 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '17        #3
El Maton 66 heat pts66
space
space
space
$4,344 | Props total: 25743 25743
The cops will say they feared for their lives. They'll be suspended with pay while an investigation goes on. The investigation will show that the shooting was justified. They will quietly return to work like nothing ever happened. The end.
DonnieRamadan and 81 others gave props

demari slapped this ish

4 months ago '16        #4
foshoVoodoo 111 heat pts111
space
space
$7,452 | Props total: 17037 17037
Disband the whole dept

Last edited by foshoVoodoo; 06-19-2017 at 05:55 AM..
jetlife510 and 2 others gave props

TonyRomoGod slapped this ish

4 months ago '16        #5
ThunnLanguage 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,089 | Props total: 3062 3062
fu*kin pus*y cops. two cops couldn't use billy clubs to disarm this woman?
jaedot and 14 others gave props

TonyRomoGod and 1 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '06        #6
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
$1,357 | Props total: 550 550
The article never says that she lunged at them or was threatening or aggressive towards them. If someone was trying to break into her apartment, she likely had the knife in her hand as protection against the intruder. I would like to know if they got the hazard information, showed up and saw her holding a knife and panicked.
ThunnLanguage and 30 others gave props

TonyRomoGod slapped this ish

4 months ago '12        #7
OldBusiness 161 heat pts161
space
space
$20,079 | Props total: 13829 13829
 TonyRomoGod said:
Thankfully they k!lled that thot before she harmed those innocent kids. Hopefully they will grow up and completely forget about that wh0ore.
You're a cowardly f*ggot who hides behind his computer. I'd love to meet you so I can pistol whip your weak a.ss. You probably cry yourself to sleep
LA Reedz and 58 others gave props

bx to the tx and 1 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '05        #8
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,618 | Props total: 4212 4212
 JOHNSNAKE06 said:
The article never says that she lunged at them or was threatening or aggressive towards them. If someone was trying to break into her apartment, she likely had the knife in her hand as protection against the intruder. I would like to know if they got the hazard information, showed up and saw her holding a knife and panicked.
she has mental issues

there was probably NO ONE breaking into her house

if she has patanoid delusions or is a schizophrenic then it could all be ib her head

can i ask a question

if you know your sister has mental issues, and you know she isnt taking care of her mental issues, why would you as a family member not take her kids away

shes needs help
gamespitter84 and 3 others gave props

King CS and 21 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '15        #9
DEJOE E 130 heat pts130
space
space
$10,472 | Props total: 11755 11755

[pic - click to view]

LA Reedz and 7 others gave props

4 months ago '16        #10
foshoVoodoo 111 heat pts111
space
space
$7,452 | Props total: 17037 17037
If cops can't stop k!lling innocent people we can vote to take away they gun and have them walking around here with pepper spray.
DeadPresident and 2 others gave props

4 months ago '12        #11
OldBusiness 161 heat pts161
space
space
$20,079 | Props total: 13829 13829
 TonyRomoGod said:
Try it and I'll call the police. You know the rest
You'd have to make it to the phone.
drose1985 and 15 others gave props

4 months ago '15        #12
6shake6 
space
space
$953 | Props total: 1745 1745
 TonyRomoGod said:
Thankfully they k!lled that thot before she harmed those innocent kids. Hopefully they will grow up and completely forget about that wh0ore.
I almost thought the Same thing, but I still havn't heard any reports that she was an Aggressor...
King CS and 10 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '06        #13
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
$1,357 | Props total: 550 550
 youngvito18 said:
she has mental issues

there was probably NO ONE breaking into her house

if she has patanoid delusions or is a schizophrenic then it could all be ib her head

can i ask a question

if you know your sister has mental issues, and you know she isnt taking care of her mental issues, why would you as a family member not take her kids away

shes needs help
The intruder could very well have been in her head, but that doesn't mean that she posed a threat to the officers. Im a Medicaid provider and I work with people with behavioral/mental health issues, and have seen first hand this exact situation play out on a few occasions. If she wasn't being aggressive or threatening, it wasn't necessary to use deadly force. If she was lunging at them or moving towards them and not obeying commands, then the force could be justified.

As far as a family member with mental issues and their kids, it's not as simple as taking their kids away. You would legally need a doctor to say that she is a threat to herself or her kids/others, which isn't always easy to do. Or, you would have to have child protection deem her or their environment a danger to the kids welfare.

I would personally go through the necessary steps to take the kids, but that doesn't mean that I would be able to get the kids.
BenHillTrev and 7 others gave props

4 months ago '04        #14
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,110 | Props total: 5636 5636
 TonyRomoGod said:
Karma is real trust me i know
BenHillTrev and 8 others gave props

SimpinAintEz slapped this ish

4 months ago '15        #15
TayloredSince83 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,545 | Props total: 3693 3693
We didn't want her to injure herself so we k!lled her....
vlwex and 5 others gave props

4 months ago '12        #16
GroveBoy740 72 heat pts72
space
space
$3,845 | Props total: 3635 3635

[tweet - click to view]

ATLDOPEBOI30 and 64 others gave props

4 months ago '16        #17
Negusis 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,648 | Props total: 4089 4089
 Tiger Wood said:
Mental issues and a weapon....can't be giving cops that much of a reason to k!ll you, because they will. Not all cops have tasers, they don't want to get stabbed themselves over a fu*kin job, and they sure as fu*k don't want you surviving being shot by them due to the lawsuits afterward.
Shame.
America needs a better mental health system, she shouldn't have been trusted around her babies if she can't keep her sh*t together. Fam needs to consider that too.
If two grown a.ss men cant handle a woman with a knife then you dont to need to be a cop.
ATLDOPEBOI30 and 24 others gave props

SquirrelXss and 1 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '15        #18
Villain 49 heat pts49
space
space
$9,842 | Props total: 11077 11077
Cops are cool

When they're dead
drose1985 and 3 others gave props

Masterstothemax and 2 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '05        #19
HUDA2daF 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,209 | Props total: 6129 6129
Seriously the police needs to get disbanded. It's nothing but pussies, cowards, and bullies behind these badges. We need new requirements to become a police officer.
Tony318 and 5 others gave props

4 months ago '11        #20
Smuggz 
space
space
space
$454 | Props total: 549 549
Where that body cam at tho

Cop murked a dude in my hometown this year.
Dude stabbed a breh in the neck, ran down the street, cop pulled up, dude ran at the cop with his knife and got dropped
We got to see all of it from the first stabbing to his final hurrah.
Maybe be,cause it was clearly justified is why they were so eager to drop the footage...

Last edited by Smuggz; 06-19-2017 at 07:58 AM..
Jay2Da and 1 others gave props

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside I'm in tears right now
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm Blem for real I might just say how I feel
28 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Tekashi69 aka The Rainbow Gangsta is tired of yall thinking sh-t sweet
237 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She's workin at the Pyramid tonight
37 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 15 - What will it be this time? Wikileaks gearing up to drop somet..
79 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The real reason apple removed touch ID
21 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
MMA Nick Diaz Steals Rampage Jackson's Girlfriend.
48 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Young Thug's Evil Twin has Came Out with his Own Video ... SMH
74 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy