Google Flopping Worse Than Lebron: Pixel Just Now Selling 1 Million Units

most viewed right now
 121
BOX Mayweather reveals McGregor's weight "extremely heavy" 5 days out
124 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 108
Video inside Courtney Kemp EXPOSES Irv Gotti As A Salty Hater, 50 Came Up With The I..
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 103
Cheating Husband Murders Wife After She Tricks Him Into Having Sex With Transg..
51 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 89
OT 1 year later, Rio Olympic Venues are abandoned and loo..
69 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 2 months ago '07        #1
1791 pageviews
34 comments


Jago 992 heat pts992
space
space
space
$3,646 | Props total: 4643 4643
Google Flopping Worse Than Lebron: Pixel Just Now Selling 1 Million Units
 

 
image

The Google Pixel, Google's first totally self-branded phone, launched about eight months ago. Google declared itself a smartphone OEM and jumped into the world of manufacturing, but while the company's software and optimizations have made the phone a critical success, how have the sales numbers been?

Unlike just about every hardware manufacturer on Earth, Google doesn't share official sales numbers for the Pixel phones, choosing to bundle the income under Alphabet's "Other Revenues" during earnings reports. We do have one very solid signal for Pixel sales, though: the Play Store, which shows install numbers for apps. If there was an app that was exclusive and install-by-default on the Pixel phones, like say, the Pixel Launcher, the install number would basically be the number of sold activated phones.

This calculation is complicated by the fact that Google Play doesn't show exact install numbers; it shows installs in "tiers" like "100,000-500,000." So most of the time, we won't have an exact Pixel sales number—except when the Pixel Launcher crosses from one download tier to another. So guess what just happened? The Pixel Launcher just crossed into the "1,000,000-5,000,000" install tier (you can see some third-party tracking sites, like AppBrain, still have it listed at 500,000). So for this one moment in history, eight months after launch, we can say Google finally sold a million Pixel phones.

The Play Store device targeting ensures no one other than Pixel owners can download the Pixel Launcher, and the install count doesn't include sideloading. The most popular sideloading site, APKMirror, has more than 1.3 million downloads on just a single version of the Pixel Launcher, so we know that sideloaders actually outnumber legitimate Pixel Launcher users. There are some statistically insignificant root shenanigans you could pull to download the Pixel Launcher from the Play Store on a non-Pixel device, but there is no way the number of sold Pixels is higher than 1 million units at this point in time.

The Pixel is seen as Google's answer to the iPhone, but considering Apple sells 40 to 50 million iPhones in a quarter, Google has some catching up to do.

We've reached out to Google for a comment and will update this piece if we get a response.

Update: Here's a few more tidbits on how this correlates to actual users. Pre-installed apps do count in Google Play's install numbers, otherwise you'd never get apps like Google Talkback, a niche accessibility service, over the billion install mark. They only count once per account, regardless of how many times you update or wipe the phone. The Play Store version of the Pixel launcher also doesn't work with the Pixel C.
visit this link Play Store downloads show Google Pixel sales limited to 1 million units | Ars Technica
hot topic and 1 others gave props
 
Grave and 5 others slapped this ish
 

34 comments for "Google Flopping Worse Than Lebron: Pixel Just Now Selling 1 Million Units"

 2 months ago '06        #2
Yung Dilla 1464 heat pts1464
space
avatar space
space
$53,738 | Props total: 20648 20648
Idk if you know this but it's not a flop at all bring how they only send out 400k units at a time. The pixel is a Nexus after all they never were hot sellers so Google has never massed produced them that's why they're generally on back order. So the sold a million units that's not a flop when they don't k!ll themselves with mass production.
Grave and 8 others gave props
 
 2 months ago '07        #3
Jago 992 heat pts992 OP
space
space
space
$3,646 | Props total: 4643 4643
 Yung Dilla said:
Idk if you know this but it's not a flop at all bring how they only send out 400k units at a time. The pixel is a Nexus after all they never were hot sellers so Google has never massed produced them that's why they're generally on back order. So the sold a million units that's not a flop when they don't k!ll themselves with mass production.
It's a major flop considering they expected to sell 3 million by the end of 2016 and are just crossing 1 million mid-way through 2017.



The Pixel is not a Nexus, at all. No Nexus has been marketed near as much as the Pixel. In fact, most Nexus devices received no marketing at all. The Pixel had TV ads at almost ever major event and award show since its release. This is Google's first true phone for the masses and it's not selling well. No sugarcoating that.
The Velvet Fog gave props
 
iswerve and 5 others slapped this ish
 
 2 months ago '06        #4
Yung Dilla 1464 heat pts1464
space
avatar space
space
$53,738 | Props total: 20648 20648
 Jago said:
It's a major flop considering they expected to sell 3 million by the end of 2016 and are just crossing 1 million mid-way through 2017.



The Pixel is not a Nexus, at all. No Nexus has been marketed near as much as the Pixel. In fact, most Nexus devices received no marketing at all. The Pixel had TV ads at almost ever major event and award show since its release. This is Google's first true phone for the masses and it's not selling well. No sugarcoating that.
They started marketing the next phones with the Nexus 6 hell they had Superbowl commercials for the Nexus 6 and 6p. You're​ also looking at projections Google doesn't control projections from outlets lol. They've always undershipped their phones they want just enough to meet demand. Still not a flop by any means.
justin747 and 1 others gave props
 
 2 months ago '07        #5
Jago 992 heat pts992 OP
space
space
space
$3,646 | Props total: 4643 4643
 Yung Dilla said:
They started marketing the next phones with the Nexus 6 hell they had Superbowl commercials for the Nexus 6 and 6p. You're​ also looking at projections Google doesn't control projections from outlets lol. They've always undershipped their phones they want just enough to meet demand. Still not a flop by any means.
No Nexus has had a marketing campaign a 1/16 as big as the Pixel's. No debating that. Google opened up their wallets for this phone, something they haven't done for any other phone. They spent $109 million in ads alone the first quarter that the Pixel released. Verizon spent another $47 million that same quarter. And they're still spending money today. To be the 4th biggest company in the world, spend hundreds of millions on ads and still only sell a million units is a major flop.
cuzjuan slapped this ish
 
 2 months ago '04        #6
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,677 | Props total: 1503 1503
Still the best phone I've ever owned
Yung Dilla and 10 others gave props
 
 2 months ago '06        #7
Yung Dilla 1464 heat pts1464
space
avatar space
space
$53,738 | Props total: 20648 20648
 Jago said:
No Nexus has had a marketing campaign a 1/16 as big as the Pixel's. No debating that. Google opened up their wallets for this phone, something they haven't done for any other phone. They spent $109 million in ads alone the first quarter that the Pixel released. Verizon spent another $47 million that same quarter. And they're still spending money today. To be the 4th biggest company in the world, spend hundreds of millions on ads and still only sell a million units is a major flop.
How can you call it a flop did you not do the math? They sold a million units spent 156 mill to promote it. It cost 50 bucks to make that phone and they sell it for 750 bucks. That's 750 million. That's not a flop bro.
cuzjuan gave props
 
istack slapped this ish
 
 2 months ago '07        #8
Jago 992 heat pts992 OP
space
space
space
$3,646 | Props total: 4643 4643
 Yung Dilla said:
How can you call it a flop did you not do the math? They sold a million units spent 156 mill to promote it. It cost 50 bucks to make that phone and they sell it for 750 bucks. That's 750 million. That's not a flop bro.
You think a phone with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor and Samsung AMOLED display cost $50 to make?

The display alone wholesales for more than $50.
#NotRambis and 2 others gave props
 
 2 months ago '16        #9
ox tail 124 heat pts124
space
avatar space
space
$4,237 | Props total: 10344 10344
Lol phone talk is gay get a apple and enjoy life
Who gives a fu*k if 1 million phone just got sold who cares about bum a.ss phones flopping?
J_Clarity13 and 6 others gave props
 
justin747 and 2 others slapped this ish
 
 2 months ago '06        #10
Yung Dilla 1464 heat pts1464
space
avatar space
space
$53,738 | Props total: 20648 20648
 Jago said:
You think a phone with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor and Samsung AMOLED display cost $50 to make?

The display alone wholesales for more than $50.
Yeah I was a little off I was going off what it typically costs to put together a phone. Even then this phone cost 285 to make they still sell it for 750 they still made a profit. Not a flop.



You also gotta remember since Google bought in bulk they saved money so that 285 drops slightly.
cuzjuan gave props
 
 2 months ago '14        #11
Falcons88 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$2,775 | Props total: 1655 1655
It was a sh*tty phone priced to high..Camera was good though..Nexus 6p>
autotm and 1 others gave props
 
justin747 and 1 others slapped this ish
 
 2 months ago '17        #12
thc 
space
avatar space
space
$338 | Props total: 1350 1350
was considering, might have copped but didn't go with verizon
 2 months ago '16        #13
Jody 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$686 | Props total: 1847 1847
android is trash no matter the flavor
killinemsoftly gave props
 
Y.G. and 13 others slapped this ish
 
 2 months ago '11        #14
Illdoctor 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$469 | Props total: 267 267
 Jody said:
android is trash no matter the flavor
yo mamma is trash n*gga
Y.G. and 8 others gave props
 
 2 months ago '04        #15
DJ Maximum|M 43 heat pts43
space
avatar space
space
$42,609 | Props total: 8943 8943
 Illdoctor said:
yo mamma is trash n*gga
I dont why this is so funny to me
TheDirector217 and 2 others gave props
 
 2 months ago '17        #16
justin747 
space
avatar space
space
$421 | Props total: 1611 1611
 Falcons88 said:
It was a sh*tty phone priced to high..Camera was good though..Nexus 6p>
I own a Pixel and a 6p

Pixel >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 6p

I hate to repeat what all the reviews say but it's true: You have to use the Pixel for a while to understand how great it is.
 2 months ago '04        #17
cuzjuan 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,936 | Props total: 324 324
best phone bro... illmatic didnt go platinum til like 10 years after neither did reasonable doubt... stop playing games..

and even if both those albums took less than 10 years to go plat, please dont deny that they are still very good albums, but in this case phones..

ive had no issues, from battery life, to updates, to apps working, to takin pix and vidz or saving every single one to my unlimited drive...

ive had no issues with wifi or data or emails or texts or calls or qaulity...

like the previous yout said, best phone i ever had!
kyhoopsgoat and 1 others gave props
 
K0ntrast slapped this ish
 
 2 months ago '07        #18
st21 1141 heat pts1141
space
avatar space
space
$52,545 | Props total: 34893 34893
the next one is being made by LG. I saw some renders it looked similar to the g6 but with thinner bezels.
 2 months ago '04        #19
Fresh Beats 
space
avatar space
space
$1,103 | Props total: 748 748
It was always on backorder for like the first 6 months after launch. I lost my 6P and wasn't going to wait 2-3 weeks for a Pixel.
 2 months ago '04        #20
krispie333 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,785 | Props total: 194 194
would cop if it was on sprint
Fly or Die gave props
 
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 48
Image(s) inside You Can Only Pick 1
120 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 42
Aug 19 - How the super-rich family that co-founded Red Bull conceals their wea..
62 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 35
Image(s) inside Larry Fitzgerald BabyMama (Emmaly Lugo)
58 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
Video inside Work twice a year for $40,000 would you?
163 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 14
Video inside Nypd pours water on bbq
180 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 13
THICK Like A Pot Of GUMBO And Sweet Like Pecan Pie
44 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 12
Damn so 21 Savage really killed Lacoste huh?
200 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Bad bi-ch, cute face and some nice titties
80 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy