most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Everything wrong with hip hop nowadays, from "an old head"
199 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden twitter beef with Yes Julz
250 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '04        #1
9832 pageviews
177 comments

eazyvaboy 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,367 | Props total: 4893 4893
John Singleton says “I told you” about Tupac Biopic

- John Singleton says “I told you” about Tupac Biopic
- Benny Boom claps back

Harsh early reviews of the controversial biopic are trickling in, compounding the bad buzz around a movie that was already saddled with a lawsuit-heavy production history and scorching criticism from the Oscar-nominated director who abandoned it. Meanwhile, the studio behind the film isn’t doing much to promote it, which is usually a sign they have a dud on their hands. Whatever conspiracy theories about Tupac are out there, it seems pretty clear that All Eyez on Me is dead on arrival.

All Eyez on Me, which finally hits theaters in the United after more than six years of production woes, was at one point supposed to be helmed by director John Singleton, who made Boyz n the Hood and worked with Tupac himself. He signed up to write, direct, and produce the movie in 2013 but left due to serious creative differences in 2015.

“I told the company if y’all muthafu*kas want to do this, you gotta get the fu*k out my face and let me do this movie,” Singleton told HipHopDX last year. That’s not what happened. “I knew they weren’t going to make a good movie at all and they didn’t,” Singleton continued.

“I haven’t watched it and I refuse to watch it,” Singleton added, explaining that he hasn’t even viewed a trailer for the film. “I know that they fu*ked it up so I’m not even trying to give it any attention.”

They did indeed fu*k it up, according to some early reviews:

Newsday called it “a badly botched biopic that won’t earn Shakur any new fans and will disappoint the ones he has.”

Variety says, “Comprehensive but sketchy, richly atmospheric but often under-dramatized, it is not, in the end, a very good movie.”

The A.V. Club says, “All Eyez On Me has a guy who looks like Tupac, but not much else.”

Rolling Stones gave this movie 2 Stars while saying, “Tupac Shakur Does Not Get the Biopic He Deserves. The hip-hop icon gets the big-screen treatment – and not even a charismatic lead can keep this movie's head up.”

NY Times says, “All Eyez on Me’ Is Uninspired. Tupac Shakur Was Anything But… not only a clumsy and often bland account of his life and work, but it also gives little genuine insight into his thought, talent or personality.”

Benny Boom had a rebuttal to Singleton. “It’s unfortunate that John took that position,” he responded. “There’s a lot of directors taken off projects in Hollywood. It happens. They sign on to movie… [there’s] creative differences… then the directors go on and they do something else. The unfortunate thing is that John just can’t let it go.”

The director also revealed he personally called Singleton and tried to get everything straightened out. “I know John. So I called him and spoke to him… he had a point of view that I did not agree with, in terms of why he said what he said.”

He continued, “I’m like ‘look, whatever issues you have with the producers you got to put that to the side now because this is my movie now.’ If I went around and came up here and started bashing one of his films without saying his name all you guys would have looked at me like ‘you’re hating on John.’”

Benny Boom also brought up the fact that towards the end of Shakur’s life, the rapper wasn’t a fan of Singleton. In leaked audio footage, Tupac could be heard calling Singleton “a coward.” The two previously worked together on the film Poetic Justice.

Makes you appreciate "Notorious" and "Straight out of Compton" a lil more. Plus this is going to slow down the momentum of Hollywood giving budgets to our legends.
hot topic and 17 others gave props

FuccDonaldTrump and 2 others slapped this ish

177 comments for "John Singleton says “I told you” about Tupac Biopic"

1 week ago '05        #2
kingpin222 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,563 | Props total: 1989 1989
 eazyvaboy said:

Makes you appreciate "Notorious" and "Straight out of Compton" a lil more. Plus this is going to slow down the momentum of Hollywood giving budgets to our legends.
notorious is butt cheeks too
59fifty and 160 others gave props

Epitome and 7 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '06        #3
Michael 1987 716 heat pts716
space
space
$78,398 | Props total: 6964 6964
John ain't sh*t either. This n*gga wanted to have Tupac get r*ped in this film before switching directors.
rarespecies and 39 others gave props

Xraytay and 6 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '07        #4
bluehefner96 81 heat pts81
space
space
$11,311 | Props total: 7514 7514
It's a boatload of fu*kery from every angle.

It's a goddamn gangbang with Pac's legacy subbed in for the bi*ch.
DaOmega_1 and 14 others gave props

1 week ago '07        #5
bluehefner96 81 heat pts81
space
space
$11,311 | Props total: 7514 7514
By the way, this seems like a rehash of some old sh*t as it relates to John's comments.
datnolaboy gave props

1 week ago '16        #6
Ham Bannon 107 heat pts107
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 13504 13504
someone needs to let this dude actually do this movie w/ no bullsh*t. pac deserves it.
knowTHEledge and 7 others gave props

Casual Cavs Fan and 8 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '10        #7
acegutta22 188 heat pts188
space
space
$7,352 | Props total: 3527 3527
gonna watch
 1 week ago '04        #8
eazyvaboy 20 heat pts20 OP
space
space
 kingpin222 said:
Nahhhh. I just got done seeing All Eyez on Me. It wasn't trash but Notorious was significantly better.

kaydot901 and 15 others gave props

Boogie1790 and 3 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '07        #9
calle13 366 heat pts366
space
space
$4,588 | Props total: 6494 6494
Straight Outta Compton Best Hip Hop Biopic to Date.

Notorious = TRASH
All Eyez On Me = MEGA TRASH
Knucklez and 18 others gave props

KingFullyAuto and 17 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '06        #10
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$27,098 | Props total: 8126 8126
 eazyvaboy said:
Nahhhh. I just got done seeing All Eyez on Me. It wasn't trash but Notorious was significantly better.

calle13 said:

Notorious = TRASH

i know 4 a fact u hatin now sayin notorious wuz better. notorious had s**t casting, s**tty cameras, the movie overlooked details, etc. like stop. notorious is just not a good movie. like stop. u can talk bad about this pac movie bcuz it's fresh out in theaters and not enuff people have seen it, but u not gonna convince no1 that the notorious trash movie wuz better. like stop!
CorreyFisill and 7 others gave props

skillahmang and 31 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '08        #11
SlickJ101 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,851 | Props total: 2921 2921
 calle13 said:

Notorious = TRASH
Not hip hop but Ray and that James Brown movie make SOC look like a bet movie.
KingFullyAuto and 52 others gave props

1 week ago '17        #12
KingFullyAuto 
space
space
$223 | Props total: 291 291
 kingpin222 said:
I think they all suck a.ss
AndrewTHEgreaT and 6 others gave props

1 week ago '04        #13
eazyvaboy 20 heat pts20 OP
space
space
 waytoomuch said:
i know 4 a fact u hatin now sayin notorious wuz better. notorious had s**t casting, s**tty cameras, the movie overlooked details, etc. like stop. notorious is just not a good movie. like stop. u can talk bad about this pac movie bcuz it's fresh out in theaters and not enuff people have seen it, but u not gonna convince no1 that the notorious trash movie wuz better. like stop!

Calm down bruh. You sensitive thugz, you all need hugz. I didn't say anything negative about Pac's movie. I even said it wasn't trash. I thought Notorious was written and directed better. Not saying Notorious was great but if we are comparing the two, I just thought Pac's movie just came across as more low budget. It ain't like I'm the only one saying these types of things.

Have you seen All Eyez on Me Yet?
Klasicktha1 and 8 others gave props

1 week ago '14        #14
kenya1995 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$458 | Props total: 1446 1446
If this sh*t wasn't better than biggie movie then that's quite sad because that sh*t sucked.
CheebaHawk21 and 6 others gave props

Exodus 313 and 1 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '13        #15
HipHopFactz 419 heat pts419
space
space
$30,011 | Props total: 33144 33144
 eazyvaboy said:

Sorry but Notorious was trash from start to end

Also AEOM is exceeding Box Office expectations, even with racist critics and people with grudges trying to down the movie...

The movie might not be for everyone, it might not be great, but some critics have gone way overboard with the hate..and we all know why, aint no way this movie should be 20% on Rotten Tomatoes, while other trash movies are at 60% voted by the same critics, only difference is race...

In the Trump era they don't want to see too many successful black movies, but looks like its doing well as far as ticket sales...hip hop came through

Last edited by HipHopFactz; 06-16-2017 at 11:11 PM..
hawk48202 and 5 others gave props

cryssyx3 and 34 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '13        #16
CheebaHawk21 57 heat pts57
space
space
$8,078 | Props total: 8142 8142
Havent seen AEOM, but Notorious is a fu*kin disgrace....
killadre and 10 others gave props

1 week ago '07        #17
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,020 | Props total: 1784 1784
 SlickJ101 said:
Not hip hop but Ray and that James Brown movie make SOC look like a bet movie.
Wasn't his only qualifier that it was a hip hop movie though?

And no matter what Straight Outta Compton doesn't look like a BET movie. It was shot well and had an ensemble of rookie actors... Still ended up being a pretty good movie

Last edited by Optimus Crime; 06-17-2017 at 12:11 AM..
timdog and 19 others gave props

1 week ago '08        #18
SlickJ101 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,851 | Props total: 2921 2921
 Optimus Crime said:
Wasn't his only qualifier that it was a hip hop movie though?
Closer to recent music biopic
shortdog26 and 1 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '15        #19
Kevin Spacey 456 heat pts456
space
space
$17,976 | Props total: 69282 69282
 HipHopFactz said:
Sorry but Notorious was trash from start to end

Also AEOM is exceeding Box Office expectations, even with racist critics and people with grudges trying to down the movie...

The movie might not be for everyone, it might not be great, but some critics have gone way overboard with the hate..and we all know why, aint no way this movie should be 20% on Rotten Tomatoes, while other trash movies are at 60% voted by the same critics, only difference is race...

In the Trump era they don't want to see too many successful black movies, but looks like its doing well as far as ticket sales...hip hop came through
Get Out is one of the most highly acclaimed films of the year, as was Moonlight last year.

The critical reception to this made-for-Lifetime Pac film has nothing to do with race.
I bleed GREEN and 15 others gave props

TomyTrillFigure slapped this ish

1 week ago '13        #20
HipHopFactz 419 heat pts419
space
space
$30,011 | Props total: 33144 33144
 Kevin Spacey said:
Get Out is one of the most highly acclaimed films of the year, as was Moonlight last year.

The critical reception to this made-for-Lifetime Pac film has nothing to do with race.
homos3xuality especially when certain demographics are portrayed as homos3xuals tends to go down well

regardless, the hate has been overboard....

Last edited by HipHopFactz; 06-17-2017 at 12:22 AM..
killadre and 8 others gave props

binoroddy and 1 others slapped this ish

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Katy Perry Outchea Looking Like Clockwork Orange
50 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jun 25 - BREAKING: Anonymous Hackers Claim NASA On Verge Of Announcing ..
153 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Migos Beat Up Joe Budden At The BET Awards During The Everyday Strugg..
690 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside French pulling disney pop stars now ; Demi Lovato (I'd Shoot Up Her Mi..
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is this the luckiest guy ever
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The dead bodies on Mount Everest
182 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside When Bhris Brown Violates The Restraining Order I Won't Blame Him
95 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is Lil Mama fu-kable?
124 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy