Image(s) inside Demi Rose Busts Out
13 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Video of Jeremy Lin knee injury
109 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Comedian Godfrey is a SAVAGE!!!!!!!
13 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Rose Burgundy Exposed As A Butt Pirate. His Gay Lover Show's Receipts
129 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 months ago '11        #1
3487 pageviews
40 comments

VicDutch 122 heat pts122
space
space
$4,428 | Props total: 932 932
Tesla on autopilot crashes into boundary rail, caught on camera

Might as well face it, dashcams are everywhere you drive. A Tesla owner learned that recently, perhaps to his embarrassment, when dashcam footage on Reddit contradicted a post the driver made previously about how his Tesla on Autopilot hit a highway construction barrier after misreading the road, as reported by Electrek.

The driver posted, “I was driving in the left lane of a two-lane highway. The car is AP1 (first generation Autopilot) and I’ve never had any problems until today. Autopilot was on and didn’t give me a warning. It misread the road and hit the barrier. After the airbags deployed there was a bunch of smoke and my car rolled to a grinding stop. Thankfully no one was hurt and I walked away with only bruises.”

A comment on his own post suggested what might have happened, “LOOKS LIKE OP OMITTED TO POINT OUT THAT THERE WAS A CONSTRUCTION ZONE AND FAILED TO TAKE CONTROL WHEN THE CONSTRUCTION BARRIER SUDDENLY APPEARED.”

Three days later another post in the same subreddit included the following gif with a comment that read in part, “This is probably one of the more interesting examples I have seen. Terrible road work design, this might be one of the most aggressive lane shifts I have ever seen. Being an AP1 car with only radar and the single front camera I can see how AP had no idea this was coming especially given the close following distance.”

This car had the first-generation autopilot with fewer detection devices than on newer models. Even with later generations, however, Tesla has been consistent in statements that drivers using autopilot must keep their hands on the steering wheel and be alert to take control when needed.

Granted the lane change barrier appeared quickly with no warning and the roadway lane markers give no indication of the shift. Drivers could easily be confused and autonomous vehicle systems rated anything less than four or five would be hard-pressed to detect this problem. In the end, however, the driver needs to be aware and ready to take over — that didn’t happen.

visit this link Source
hot topic and 5 others gave props

40 comments for "Tesla on autopilot crashes into boundary rail, caught on camera"

4 months ago '07        #2
stogz 17 heat pts17
space
space
$40,501 | Props total: 27835 27835
yup, i thought so
 4 months ago '08        #3
flav 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,385 | Props total: 1659 1659
damn, dude can't deny it now

plus on the vid, you could see that the Tesla only focused on the lines on the road, disregarding the change of pattern to the dots as they were re-traced as a temp detour, and hit right to the guardrail
jayande and 7 others gave props

4 months ago '05        #4
white-chocolate 122 heat pts122
space
space
$15,407 | Props total: 1266 1266
you guys are idiots this was only Gen1.. has way fewer sensors and detection software plus you can manually take control in that situation.. not like every road is like that..
ppl hating Tesla is like Apple vs Samsung or Sony vs Xbox haha
djbern and 3 others gave props

BasedGawd and 1 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '04        #5
DJ Maximum|M 44 heat pts44
space
space
$42,919 | Props total: 9991 9991
Can't trust first gen anything
Willehad and 20 others gave props

4 months ago '09        #6
TroyNY 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,970 | Props total: 2837 2837
should go manual whenever there's construction
st21 and 13 others gave props

4 months ago '16        #7
pnostarr 23 heat pts23
space
space
$682 | Props total: 1447 1447
im sure they upgraded that by now. this happened like 3 months ago. anyone who would sleep while a car is driving you is dumb. im not trusting some computer with my life
VicDutch and 12 others gave props

4 months ago '13        #8
Phenom354 
space
space
$9,103 | Props total: 5146 5146
That's a tricky situation for the autopilot.

But yeah it is the first gen and if you're in a construction area and in decent traffic I wouldn't be using the autopilot
kingpin222 gave props

4 months ago '13        #9
Phenom354 
space
space
$9,103 | Props total: 5146 5146
 pnostarr said:
im sure they upgraded that by now. this happened like 3 months ago. anyone who would sleep while a car is driving you is dumb. im not trusting some computer with my life
Exactly.

The wife just got a new Hyundai Santa Fe with the adaptive cruise control and I use it occasionally. It's pretty damn good but in traffic my foot still hovers over the brake. Idk how I'd feel allowing the car to steer too.
 4 months ago '14        #10
BasedGawd 3 heat pts
space
space
$369 | Props total: 750 750
This is why fully self driving cars will never see public roads. All it will take is a few of these incidents happening and these companies will be taken to the cleaners in lawsuits with the government outright banning them. Stop with the excuses of "first gen tech", these cars can't compete with humans on a safety level.
tOnerz and 2 others gave props

420Heat and 8 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '05        #11
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,693 | Props total: 5960 5960
 pnostarr said:
What if you out hit the bar an get drunk and need your car to drive you home.
hammertime71604 and 1 others gave props

4 months ago '07        #12
AndrewTHEgreaT 13 heat pts13
space
space
$1,562 | Props total: 1648 1648
That sh*t hit the wall and gave no fu*ks about stopping lmao
Dame Dash and 5 others gave props

4 months ago '13        #13
djbern 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$301 | Props total: 158 158
 DJ Maximum said:
Can't trust first gen anything
big facts. something to learn from in the future
 4 months ago '13        #14
dtdroid 117 heat pts117
space
space
$16,473 | Props total: 20844 20844
 pnostarr said:
So it's cool to stay alert while a car is driving you but sleeping is going too far?

Autopilot as a feature either works or it doesn't but your belief in it as a concept seems to hover between the two.
MisterHawkins and 1 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '13        #15
dtdroid 117 heat pts117
space
space
$16,473 | Props total: 20844 20844
 BasedGawd said:
This is why fully self driving cars will never see public roads. All it will take is a few of these incidents happening and these companies will be taken to the cleaners in lawsuits with the government outright banning them. Stop with the excuses of "first gen tech", these cars can't compete with humans on a safety level.
Using your logic, man-driven cars would have been banned a long time ago for the millions of daily accidents that occur within the country each day.
I_GOT_DAT_PIFF and 3 others gave props

4 months ago '15        #16
mwtx 
space
space
$2,921 | Props total: 2139 2139
yea i don't think we're ready for this yet

4 months ago '11        #17
DRAGONFLY JONES 131 heat pts131
space
space
$8,953 | Props total: 2894 2894
Who ever Is driving that car with the cam dumb as see sht..I would ran right into the back of that bi*ch n sued everyfknbody
BlazinCarnage gave props

Game375 and 5 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '08        #18
phille126 
space
space
$551 | Props total: 253 253
Yeah you go ahead while I wait for people to die umm urrr the kinks get worked out
lZAKUl and 1 others gave props

4 months ago '05        #19
Sivraj 320 heat pts320
space
space
$45,451 | Props total: 9724 9724
I can't believe people will trust this sh*t!!
 4 months ago '04        #20
buck1623 
space
space
space
$976 | Props total: 354 354
you know construction zones are coming up and you don't switch off? DUH
VicDutch gave props

sar6on slapped this ish

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 17 - Inmates Break Out Of Jail, Rob Dollar General, And Then Sneak..
40 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Baddie wit da phatty
61 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Remember to love a girl for her mind
15 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside MFA has the Vegas shooting pretty much solved
69 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Michael Jackson was an as-hole lowkey lmao
221 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nike LeBron 15 "Ghost"
40 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
South Park: The Fractured But Whole | Review Thread
53 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Wire: Who u wit? Avon vs Marlo, Webay vs Chris vs Omar ,Bodie vs S..
210 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy