most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Everything wrong with hip hop nowadays, from "an old head"
199 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden twitter beef with Yes Julz
250 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '11        #1
2000 pageviews
28 comments

VicDutch 119 heat pts119
space
space
$4,317 | Props total: 678 678
Tesla on autopilot crashes into boundary rail, caught on camera

Might as well face it, dashcams are everywhere you drive. A Tesla owner learned that recently, perhaps to his embarrassment, when dashcam footage on Reddit contradicted a post the driver made previously about how his Tesla on Autopilot hit a highway construction barrier after misreading the road, as reported by Electrek.

The driver posted, “I was driving in the left lane of a two-lane highway. The car is AP1 (first generation Autopilot) and I’ve never had any problems until today. Autopilot was on and didn’t give me a warning. It misread the road and hit the barrier. After the airbags deployed there was a bunch of smoke and my car rolled to a grinding stop. Thankfully no one was hurt and I walked away with only bruises.”

A comment on his own post suggested what might have happened, “LOOKS LIKE OP OMITTED TO POINT OUT THAT THERE WAS A CONSTRUCTION ZONE AND FAILED TO TAKE CONTROL WHEN THE CONSTRUCTION BARRIER SUDDENLY APPEARED.”

Three days later another post in the same subreddit included the following gif with a comment that read in part, “This is probably one of the more interesting examples I have seen. Terrible road work design, this might be one of the most aggressive lane shifts I have ever seen. Being an AP1 car with only radar and the single front camera I can see how AP had no idea this was coming especially given the close following distance.”

This car had the first-generation autopilot with fewer detection devices than on newer models. Even with later generations, however, Tesla has been consistent in statements that drivers using autopilot must keep their hands on the steering wheel and be alert to take control when needed.

Granted the lane change barrier appeared quickly with no warning and the roadway lane markers give no indication of the shift. Drivers could easily be confused and autonomous vehicle systems rated anything less than four or five would be hard-pressed to detect this problem. In the end, however, the driver needs to be aware and ready to take over — that didn’t happen.

visit this link Source
hot topic and 4 others gave props

28 comments for "Tesla on autopilot crashes into boundary rail, caught on camera"

2 weeks ago '07        #2
stogz 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,093 | Props total: 20878 20878
yup, i thought so
 2 weeks ago '08        #3
flav 1 heat pts
space
space
$982 | Props total: 1094 1094
damn, dude can't deny it now

plus on the vid, you could see that the Tesla only focused on the lines on the road, disregarding the change of pattern to the dots as they were re-traced as a temp detour, and hit right to the guardrail
jayande and 3 others gave props

2 weeks ago '17        #4
Bear Trap 
space
space
space
$23 | Props total: 19 19
Car is a POS, buy a Lexus LS 460 n don't look back
240sx and 3 others gave props

mm1000 and 14 others slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '05        #5
white-chocolate 118 heat pts118
space
space
$15,187 | Props total: 938 938
you guys are idiots this was only Gen1.. has way fewer sensors and detection software plus you can manually take control in that situation.. not like every road is like that..
ppl hating Tesla is like Apple vs Samsung or Sony vs Xbox haha
djbern and 3 others gave props

BasedGawd and 1 others slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '04        #6
DJ Maximum|M 43 heat pts43
space
space
$42,298 | Props total: 7508 7508
Can't trust first gen anything
Willehad and 15 others gave props

2 weeks ago '09        #7
TroyNY 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,679 | Props total: 2171 2171
should go manual whenever there's construction
st21 and 12 others gave props

2 weeks ago '16        #8
pnostarr 19 heat pts19
space
space
$511 | Props total: 1204 1204
im sure they upgraded that by now. this happened like 3 months ago. anyone who would sleep while a car is driving you is dumb. im not trusting some computer with my life
VicDutch and 5 others gave props

2 weeks ago '13        #9
Phenom354 
space
space
$8,707 | Props total: 4475 4475
That's a tricky situation for the autopilot.

But yeah it is the first gen and if you're in a construction area and in decent traffic I wouldn't be using the autopilot
 2 weeks ago '13        #10
Phenom354 
space
space
$8,707 | Props total: 4475 4475
 pnostarr said:
im sure they upgraded that by now. this happened like 3 months ago. anyone who would sleep while a car is driving you is dumb. im not trusting some computer with my life
Exactly.

The wife just got a new Hyundai Santa Fe with the adaptive cruise control and I use it occasionally. It's pretty damn good but in traffic my foot still hovers over the brake. Idk how I'd feel allowing the car to steer too.
 2 weeks ago '14        #11
BasedGawd 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$199 | Props total: 316 316
This is why fully self driving cars will never see public roads. All it will take is a few of these incidents happening and these companies will be taken to the cleaners in lawsuits with the government outright banning them. Stop with the excuses of "first gen tech", these cars can't compete with humans on a safety level.
tOnerz and 2 others gave props

420Heat and 5 others slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '05        #12
Quddus 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$14,215 | Props total: 5392 5392
 pnostarr said:
What if you out hit the bar an get drunk and need your car to drive you home.
 2 weeks ago '07        #13
AndrewTHEgreaT 13 heat pts13
space
space
$1,520 | Props total: 1577 1577
That sh*t hit the wall and gave no fu*ks about stopping lmao
Dame Dash and 1 others gave props

2 weeks ago '17        #14
KingFullyAuto 
space
space
$223 | Props total: 291 291
 pnostarr said:
That sh*t came up so far a manual driver might crash
 2 weeks ago '13        #15
djbern 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$287 | Props total: 135 135
 DJ Maximum said:
Can't trust first gen anything
big facts. something to learn from in the future
 2 weeks ago '13        #16
dtdroid 102 heat pts102
space
space
$13,998 | Props total: 16366 16366
 pnostarr said:
So it's cool to stay alert while a car is driving you but sleeping is going too far?

Autopilot as a feature either works or it doesn't but your belief in it as a concept seems to hover between the two.
 2 weeks ago '13        #17
dtdroid 102 heat pts102
space
space
$13,998 | Props total: 16366 16366
 BasedGawd said:
This is why fully self driving cars will never see public roads. All it will take is a few of these incidents happening and these companies will be taken to the cleaners in lawsuits with the government outright banning them. Stop with the excuses of "first gen tech", these cars can't compete with humans on a safety level.
Using your logic, man-driven cars would have been banned a long time ago for the millions of daily accidents that occur within the country each day.
I_GOT_DAT_PIFF and 3 others gave props

2 weeks ago '15        #18
mwtx 
space
space
$2,401 | Props total: 1447 1447
yea i don't think we're ready for this yet

2 weeks ago '11        #19
DRAGONFLY JONES 131 heat pts131
space
space
$8,827 | Props total: 2385 2385
Who ever Is driving that car with the cam dumb as see sht..I would ran right into the back of that bi*ch n sued everyfknbody
Game375 slapped this ish

2 weeks ago '08        #20
phille126 
space
space
$479 | Props total: 155 155
Yeah you go ahead while I wait for people to die umm urrr the kinks get worked out
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Katy Perry Outchea Looking Like Clockwork Orange
50 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jun 25 - BREAKING: Anonymous Hackers Claim NASA On Verge Of Announcing ..
153 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Migos Beat Up Joe Budden At The BET Awards During The Everyday Strugg..
690 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside French pulling disney pop stars now ; Demi Lovato (I'd Shoot Up Her Mi..
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is this the luckiest guy ever
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The dead bodies on Mount Everest
182 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside When Bhris Brown Violates The Restraining Order I Won't Blame Him
95 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is Lil Mama fu-kable?
124 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy