Jun 10 - I was an FBI agent. Trump’s lack of concern about Russian hacking shocks me.

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '10        #1
372 page views
15 comments

Hovi Bryant 682 heat pts682
space
space
$31,577 | Props total: 22649 22649
Jun 10 - I was an FBI agent. Trump’s lack of concern about Russian hacking shocks me.

But as a former FBI counterintelligence agent, what I saw as the most explosive aspect of the testimony didn’t involve any legal violation of the U.S. code or questions about whether Comey had broken established Department of Justice protocols.

Instead, it was the prima facie evidence that Comey presented that Trump appears unwilling to uphold his oath “to preserve, protect, and defend” the country — which puts the security of our nation and its democracy at stake.

In the nine times Trump met with or called Comey, it was always to discuss how the investigation into Russia’s election interference was affecting him personally, rather than the security of the country.

He apparently cared little about understanding either the magnitude of the Russian intelligence threat, or how the FBI might be able to prevent another attack in future elections.
When Sen. Martin Heinrich (D-N.M.) asked Comey whether Trump had ever appeared concerned about Russian interference or how to stop it in the future, Comey’s answer was blunt: “No.”

After a moment of reflection, he added, without prompting, that he had “attended a fair number of meetings on that with President Obama.”

This contrast alone underscores Trump’s disregard for his fundamental duty, which is to ensure the security of the nation, its government and its citizens from foreign enemies.
Former CIA director John Brennan testified to Congress in May that he was shocked that Russia had “brazenly interfered” in the election, so much so that he took the extraordinary step of directly confronting his Russian counterpart.

He added that he believes that even in the election’s aftermath, “Russian intelligence services are trying to exploit what is going on in Washington now to their benefit and to our detriment.”
Regardless of which story line you believe about Comey’s testimony, it is, in the end, a sideshow.

The real issue is Russia’s a*sault on our democracy and how we respond to it. If the president intends to stay true to his oath, both he and all Americans, regardless of political affiliation, will support the FBI in getting to the bottom of the Russian threat and making sure that it never happens again.

[pic - click to view]

Asha Rangappa via Washington Post

15 comments for "Jun 10 - I was an FBI agent. Trump’s lack of concern about Russian hacking shocks me."

2 years ago '17        #2
QdobaCasanova 12 heat pts12
space
space
$8,568 | Props total: 23797 23797
But Comey said that the elections weren't "hacked"?

I wish we'd drop the fu*kin "hacked" narrative.

Russia didn't "hack" us. Did they influence our election via Wikileaks, for sure. But they didn't "hack" anything.

It's sensationalist bullsh*t that clouds the reality of Trump's term.

This isnt an episode of 24.

2 years ago '14        #3
Swade009 72 heat pts72
space
space
space
$9,704 | Props total: 6913 6913
 Hovi Bryant said
The FBI didn't even look into the DNC servers, so obviously the FBI doesn't view it as a serious matter either.

2 years ago '17        #4
space
space
 cedric12 said
Unless you work for the Dept of Homeland Security, your statement is untrue. a.k.a Alternative facts which seem to be running on every Trumpeters vein.

The Department of Homeland Security and U.S. intelligence leaders have said generally that voter registration rolls were a pet target of Russian cyber attackers, but that Russia didn't change any votes.

So they didnt hack anything?
Comey said it; you just said it. How does that invalidate anything I said in my post?

2 years ago '14        #5
Swade009 72 heat pts72
space
space
space
$9,704 | Props total: 6913 6913
 QdobaCasanova said

Russia didn't "hack" us. Did they influence our election via Wikileaks, for sure. But they didn't "hack" anything.

Comey has stated there is no evidence towards wikileaks and Russia....

2 years ago '17        #6
space
space
 cedric12 said
Unless you posted something to confuse us or yourself. The keyword here is Russia interfered and or meddled in our business and the fact that the now President is still letting that go says a lot since the Russian probe to our election gave Trump an advantage. It's like cheating at a poker game and crying others aren't fair. Honestly, that is what I find troubling. Of course, there is no real evidence of hacking, which by the way is the reason for all these f^ckery in the first place but there is evidence of Trump's party colluding with the same Russia which wanted to do harm to our democracy. Russia is sticking like Glue no matter how you look at this thing my friend and the sooner we realize that that is a threat to us Americans, then I have nothing else left to say.
Or you just jumped the gun. Literally said that Russia didn't hack our election, but did use Wikileaks to affect this election.

[spoiler - click to view]

Nothing was hacked, which is the title of this thread and what we're talking about.

2 years ago '17        #7
space
space
 MrMention said
They may not have been able to hack the machines but they did indeed hack the company responsible for them and election officials themselves.

The two links are contradictory:
One suggests that they were hacked while the other suggests that they weren't and even if they were, it didn't affect voting.

The first link states the hacking being empirically true while the other says "alleged".

2 years ago '04        #8
gshag33 38 heat pts38
space
space
$14,000 | Props total: 4994 4994
 QdobaCasanova said

cc:

gshag33 said
For those of you (just about all of you) that don't actually understand cyber security or how this all works:

I've read all the reports, the leaked reports, etc., regarding the Russian meddling.

At the very most all they actually did was help the pre-existing online movement supporting Trump with memes, posting anti-Hilary articles, etc., by using bot farms.

It was just like having some backup online support for the Trump movement. They did not actually break into anything that could change a vote in any way shape or form.

They may have exposed some Americans to how terrible of a person BOTH candidates were, and possibly got some people to flip-flop their vote one way or the other because they discovered some new information online, whether it was accurate information or not.

You should also take moment to think why a foreign entity might want to support Trump. Because it is in their best interest to have prevented the acceleration of a global government, which will ultimately be a detriment to ALL of us.

It's that simple. We're not talking about some elite Mr. Robot hacker breaking into our voting system.

DNC had internal leakers, and Trump had a little help from Russian bot farms. That is it!

And what does that mean? Unless they have proof Donald Trump personally instructed someone to communicate with Russia regarding these bot farms, he's in the clear. Could someone from his campaign have directly or indirectly been involved with asking a Russian representative for help via bot farms? That remains to be seen.

2 years ago '17        #9
space
space
 cedric12 said
You must've not read my post to your reply, they hacked since DHS and NSA stated that, the hack didn't change the votes but influenced the voters. The bottom line is some type of hacking was done. And there are different ways to Hack sensitive information.

According to the English dictionary

hack1
hak/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: hacking
cut with rough or heavy blows.
"hack off the dead branches"
synonyms: cut, chop, hew, lop, saw; slash
"Stuart hacked the padlock off"
use a computer to gain unauthorized access to data in a system.
"they hacked into the bank's computer"

So, how would the Russians make voting their pet project to hack, because they gained unlawful access to data systems. Surely, how hard is that to comprehend?
How can you quantify how much voters were swayed by Wikileaks? You really think Cleteus was "on the fence" about whether or not he was going to vote for Trump or Hillary prior to the Wikileaks?

And not to sh*t on you or anything, but you might need to edit your posts. I have a hard time trying to understand what youre telling me.

In the last part of your post, I can't tell if youre asking me a question or answering a question that you thought I posed in another post.

2 years ago '04        #10
rasheedwallace 57 heat pts57
space
space
$26,352 | Props total: 12564 12564
anti-trumpers writing essays on here every day...

you people need hobbies and/or a woman.

Home      

most viewed right now
+180online now  20
Video inside wife of brazilian billionaire getting pounded out by security [caught o..
422 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+76online now  19
Image(s) inside Haitian KiKY wit dem swangass
66 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
-33online now  15
Video inside BlueFace Allegedly Hooked Up With A Transgender