This ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Poster Has to Be the Worst Poster of the Year

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '06        #1
2072 page views
14 comments

SM 40388 heat pts40388
space
space
space
$139,233 | Props total: 113640 113640
This ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Poster Has to Be the Worst Poster of the Year

Not too long ago, the marketing campaign for Spider-Man: Homecoming made a bold entry into the running for worst movie poster of the year. But then Transformers: The Last Knight came along and said, “Hold my beer.”

A new poster for Transformers: The Last Knight emerged over the weekend, and it’s quite the Photoshop disaster. It looks like Paramount Pictures hired someone who just learned how to use photo editing software last week, maybe an executive’s niece or nephew who took a break from his YouTube channel for a couple hours. It could very well end up being the worst movie poster of the year.

Check out the awful Transformers The Last Knight poster below.

Are you ready? Here’s the positively disastrous Transformers The Last Knight poster from IMP Awards:

It should be noted that Birth.Movies.death news editor Scott Wampler stumbled upon this poster through Paramount Pictures’ Instagram promotional account from Australia where the one and only comment was, “Woof.” That’s certainly the appropriate reaction for such an awful poster.

Not only does the poster adhere to the cliche of contrasting orange and blue, but it’s made slightly worse than the original image on the Instagram post, because it added Isabela Moner between Mark Wahlberg and Laura Haddock. For some reason they chose an image where her face is obscured by what appears to be a bandana of some sort, but without zooming in, it looks like her face has just been blurred.

Every time you think there’s a resurgence of respectable poster artwork being done in Hollywood, like with the Baby Driver poster, someone has to come along and mess it up. I could understand if this was something that was quickly whipped up as the cover for the movie as it appears on iTunes, Hulu or Netflix since most of those images are awful too, but the fact that this is an official poster is pathetic. This is why we can’t have nice things.

When all seems lost, a few brave souls can save everything we’ve ever known. The Last Knight shatters the core myths of the Transformers franchise, and redefines what it means to be a hero. Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth. Saving our world falls upon the shoulders of an unlikely alliance: Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg); Bumblebee; an English Lord (Sir Anthony Hopkins); and an Oxford Professor (Laura Haddock). There comes a moment in everyone’s life when we are called upon to make a difference. In Transformers: The Last Knight, the hunted will become heroes. Heroes will become villains. Only one world will survive: theirs, or ours.

Transformers: The Last Knight opens on June 21.

visit this link http://www.slashfilm.com/ .. -is-the-worst/

14 comments for "This ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Poster Has to Be the Worst Poster of the Year"

2 years ago '17        #2
QdobaCasanova 12 heat pts12
space
space
$9,062 | Props total: 25721 25721
I must've made a complete transition into being a film snob but I coulda swoen these tacky posters been the norm for blockbusters for well over 5 years now.

2 years ago '11        #3
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$11,396 | Props total: 7525 7525
I like it. Perfect blend of Transformers and The Goonies

2 years ago '15        #4
JdamienH 18 heat pts18
space
space
$1,488 | Props total: 1955 1955
still not as bad as spiderman homecoming

2 years ago '05        #5
JohnnyCage202 34 heat pts34
space
space
$5,198 | Props total: 22227 22227
We talkin' bout posters...

...not the movie...

...not the movie...

...not the movie...

...we talkin' bout posters.

2 years ago '04        #6
GodsFavorite 108 heat pts108
space
space
space
$9,769 | Props total: 4765 4765
I never understood why people care about posters, it's not made by people involved in the production and has no real Images of actual footage. It can literally be anything. Who cares?

2 years ago '05        #7
P DRILLA 116 heat pts116
space
space
$11,768 | Props total: 12378 12378
Subjective

2 years ago '04        #8
patt24 53 heat pts53
space
space
$8,209 | Props total: 4480 4480
 GodsFavorite said
I never understood why people care about posters, it's not made by people involved in the production and has no real Images of actual footage. It can literally be anything. Who cares?
it doesnt have any effect here because of the magnitude of the project but packaging as a whole matters A LOT.

It can't be just anything and it is made (not physically) by people involved in the production.

By that same logic, you'd marry a fat smelly slob because there's some good pus*y under there and that's all that matters.

People have no pride in anything anymore

2 years ago '04        #9
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8933 8933
 JohnnyCage202 said
We talkin' bout posters...

...not the movie...

...not the movie...

...not the movie...

...we talkin' bout posters.

this

2 years ago '07        #10
IFuckedUrMom 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,210 | Props total: 4901 4901
Star Wars: The newest hope
Featuring mark wahlburg as Luke skywalker.

2 years ago '17        #11
Bespoke Goat 
space
space
space
$140 | Props total: 313 313
Is there just one dude who makes all these?

2 years ago '04        #12
knotmydayever 
space
space
$3,055 | Props total: 572 572
Tells me what I already knew- movie looks like a mess

2 years ago '04        #13
GodsFavorite 108 heat pts108
space
space
space
$9,769 | Props total: 4765 4765
 patt24 said
it doesnt have any effect here because of the magnitude of the project but packaging as a whole matters A LOT.

It can't be just anything and it is made (not physically) by people involved in the production.

By that same logic, you'd marry a fat smelly slob because there's some good pus*y under there and that's all that matters.

People have no pride in anything anymore
Ehh no cause a fat smelly slob is indicative of gross pus*y and a poster just is a marketing team's fan-art. I'm just saying it doesn't really have anything to do with the movie, so I have no interest in them whether they're good or bad. If you care about the art of marketing to that degree I can respect it, I just don't when it comes to movies

2 years ago '15        #14
A T 28 heat pts28
space
space
$1,154 | Props total: 4387 4387
It wasn't always like this.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by A T; 06-06-2017 at 11:50 AM..

2 years ago '04        #15
patt24 53 heat pts53
space
space
$8,209 | Props total: 4480 4480
 GodsFavorite said
Ehh no cause a fat smelly slob is indicative of gross pus*y

guessing you don't frequent the eye candy section

and a poster just is a marketing team's fan-art. I'm just saying it doesn't really have anything to do with the movie, so I have no interest in them whether they're good or bad.

it's not though. I've worked on some decent size films and can tell you that on a potential award winning film, pretty much all "non-blockbusters" the packaging/poster/dvd cover/marketing images matter a sh*t ton and you will find everyone in those meetings...sometimes everyone from the lowest gfx designer to the director. The poster is technically supposed to incorporate themes from the film into it... some do unfortunately a lot don't anymore.

In this case though, it doesn't matter. Blockbusters are that for a reason. No matter the marketing images it will still do #s. The poster wont effect it.

Quick example... you're walking in time square, venice beach etc wherever people try to hawk you their mixtapes daily... they hand you their cd... you look at the cover and see some mspaint sh*t... youre more than likely not gonna stop... someone later hands you a cd that has an appealing cover, that looks like they spent some bread on it... you MIGHT give them a shot.... marketing 101 ...

If you care about the art of marketing to that degree I can respect it, I just don't when it comes to movies[/B]
[B]but its not for people like you or a good portion of people here on forums talking about movies, it's to get others in the theater, for pride in presentation etc...it wont stop someone like us from going to see something we'd want to see, but an interesting poster and decent trailer might have you check it out eventually

Home      

most viewed right now
+73online now  36
How's a nigga supposed to stay p0rn free with these hoes
128 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  35
Lance STEPHENSON TRENDING After Teanna Trump Say She fu*k HIM AT 16 While DWIG..
343 comments
18 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-54online now  34
Image(s) inside Ciara files petition to change her son with Future name to Russell Wil..
230 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  28
Video inside ‘Vegan’ YouTube star forced to beg forgiveness after she was outed for ..
57 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy