More Miami Late 60's Soul & St Louis 60's Soul

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '08        #1
1332 page views
33 comments

WavyGnu 214 heat pts214
space
space
$9,944 | Props total: 26728 26728
More Miami Late 60's Soul & St Louis 60's Soul

Disclaimer: If you don't like Vintage soul, you will not like this particular drop. My advice would be not to spend anymore time on this post.

Here:

[video - click to view]

[spoiler - click to view]

Here you have two comps that are two different regions. One is the South & the other is Midwest. The common bond between these two is building a tight knit operation for putting out local music that your community would love to hear at that time. As an additional bonus we have the only album that Deep City released "Helene Smith Sings Sweet Soul" There may be some repeat overlap from the 45's she released on Deep City. image A lot to go through & enjoy/investigate image

A little background on the three & some photos to help give you a picture of their world at that time.

Deep City:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Toiling in Floridian swelter for just a few years, the Deep City label and its sound would permeate the Miami-metro area and dress the set for disco powerhouse TK’s impressive 1970s run. Before “Rockin’ Chair,” “Rock Me Baby,” or “Clean Up Woman,” a few roguish cats from Florida A&M University’s Marching 100 band were blending their flams and paradiddles with the island sounds drifting into Miami’s airwaves from points unknown. Willie Clarke, Johnny Pearsall, Clarence Reid, and Arnold Albury set up the city’s first black record company, pumping out brassy proto-funk and echo-laden ballads by future hitmakers Betty Wright, Clarence “Blowfly” Reid, and Paul Kelly, plus a dozen can’t-miss/did-miss sides by Helene Smith, as well as a slew of 45s bearing Deep City, Lloyd, and Reid labels. Them Two’s “Am I A Good Man” must’ve simply been too damn good; it melted into Intercoastal waterways, alongside Four Tops-ified Moovers acetate “Darling I’ll Go,” and Clarke and company took separate roads toward Henry Stone’s mighty TK empire. The first of Numero’s twin Florida soul volumes, any Eccentric sojourn through the sunshine state begins with The Deep City Label. Our double-LP edition includes six bonus cuts and a plethora of photographs found nowhere else.

& Young Disciples

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

By 1967, East St. Louis, Illinois—once dubbed an "All American” city by the US Chamber of Commerce—had become St Louis, Missouri’s evil twin. Unemployment, drug addiction and vicious gang activity put a dark and heavy lid on a bi-state area that once cooked-up world-changing talent—we're talking Chuck Berry, Josephine Baker, Miles Davis. But both cities kept spawning heroes, Allen Merry among them. Already a living legend for his early work with Ray Charles and Ike Turner, Merry channeled his talent into teaching, forming the Young Disciples through the South End Community Center, aiming to keep the kids off the streets, out of gangs, and instead inside the studio, frow which young men and women spiraling downward could ride the spiral groove upward on Merry’s YoDi, Gateway and Merry labels. Every sweat-drenched recording included here emerged from Merry's grass-roots organization that changed, if not saved, lives. Former East St Louis Mayor Carl Officer had a slogan he liked to pitch: “ There’s A City Under Here.” Eccentric Soul: The Young Disciples unearths those very streets and safe havens.
This concludes our drop for this evening. If this is your first time looking at our bx music drop club, you will notice there are more than a few we have covered from different labels. This is all on one archive label that is putting out all of these rarities & compiling different thought to be lost to the ashes. If you are from any of these cities that are covered, you might have a relative who perhaps was working at this label,writing songs, playing music or maybe even feature artist on the label.

We got 15 more to go or so of these. image
@LA REID N FACE @Captain Freedom @timdog @jj01 @Dee Grande @Vercetti @Guvnor @rekshots @ddash @AlBooBoo @youngmic @Ash10 @KnicksLost @Clutch City Kid

@dOwnByLaw310 @kindabizzie @fatman @fallguy @AC SLATER

@Saiyaman @Cutty Olds @USC

@tRollin 60s @ItsAlwaysMe @driveslowhomie @The Originator @Tha Boss @Big Smoke FLA @Hellmatic @D34THW15H

@OldeEnglish22oz @Veno da Don @J Hilla @HIGH LVLD @vgdw @The TC
@1996 @786 @187Proof @RubbahBandMayn @HPKill @strungout @The Bully @madness @Shipwreck @thatnig22 @bigscore @Ace dealer @samich please @Dicemoney6 @ErnieB
@mjcry @Illuminati Bob @quan3106 @Japan @tokinjohn @Chris444 @rawchester @Player2 @Masterstothemax @smokeytheblunt2 @Bidam7
@beejay @KindaBlue @CROWN @Vinyl @theillest11 @Toast2DaKing @fully_amazing @Big Bear @deadpres @consigliereA @deathStar @PlayMeSumPimpin @Kevin Spacey @messy marv stan @iLurk @iswerve @The Boss @invaderchin @weed @TwinCaliber2kz @Ant McQueen @Rhyming Joints @deadpres @kronzsw @Knowledgeable @Flex Luger @PharaohKush @Tony Toni Tone @ @flipdipbone @Rockstar718 dloc757 ruddiger @CheebaHawk21 @DougTheMerciles

Last edited by WavyGnu; 05-18-2017 at 12:23 AM..

33 comments for "More Miami Late 60's Soul & St Louis 60's Soul"

2 years ago '08        #2
WavyGnu 214 heat pts214 OP
space
space
Alright, everything is tested. All Systems go

2 years ago '16        #3
Bidam7 180 heat pts180
space
space
$25,211 | Props total: 61099 61099
Man I'm grateful for Numerous Group the research they do keeping history preserved of the timeless music thanks for this wavy your a real one

2 years ago '15        #4
2Cold 612 heat pts612
space
space
$39,497 | Props total: 171993 171993
bruh i appreciate the tag i just downloaded your last five playslists @

@ you got some competition

2 years ago '15        #5
2Cold 612 heat pts612
space
space
$39,497 | Props total: 171993 171993
@ to get everyone on the mention list bro i got to edit and save a few times.. otherwise some people wont get the tag

2 years ago '16        #6
Rhyming Joints 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$8,454 | Props total: 21917 21917
Another dope drop!

Just started listening.

2 years ago '16        #7
Japan 105 heat pts105
space
space
$4,770 | Props total: 12681 12681
I can't even keep up @

2 years ago '08        #8
space
space
 Japan said
I can't even keep up @
download and save, I'm still listening to Marvin Deluxe editions.

2 years ago '16        #9
space
space
space
 WavyGnu said
download and save, I'm still listening to Marvin Deluxe editions.
That's what I've been doing. I give an initial skim, but I download for listening later.

2 years ago '08        #10
space
space
 Rhyming Joints said
That's what I've been doing. I give an initial skim, but I download for listening later.
Have to make choices, everything will soon be available everywhere. How many labels are there ? 80,000?

2 years ago '16        #11
space
space
space
 WavyGnu said
Have to make choices, everything will soon be available everywhere. How many labels are there ? 80,000?
lol

Yeah it's way too much music out there. Too much even for a whole lifetime or 2 or 3.

A diggers job is never done!

But, keep the drops coming. It adds much needed flavor to the forums.

2 years ago '08        #12
space
space
 Bidam7 said
Man I'm grateful for Numerous Group the research they do keeping history preserved of the timeless music thanks for this wavy your a real one
Yea, man. Yo. Friday is going to be fu*king crazy. This Applehat drop is going to be.

2 years ago '16        #13
Bidam7 180 heat pts180
space
space
$25,211 | Props total: 61099 61099
digging in the crates is just one the best things to cause the music is timeless no matter the era the fascination to hear something u never heard yo lead other to thank for leading us to so much timeless music brother

2 years ago '08        #14
space
space
 Rhyming Joints said
lol

Yeah it's way too much music out there. Too much even for a whole lifetime or 2 or 3.

A diggers job is never done!

But, keep the drops coming. It adds much needed flavor to the forums.
No joke, we will probably be done with at least 25 discographies before end of summer. My list is.......dangerous. I need a locker to store everything in case this all gets pulled. I better start stockpiling on mediafire.

2 years ago '16        #15
space
space
space
 WavyGnu said
No joke, we will probably be done with at least 25 discographies before end of summer. My list is.......dangerous. I need a locker to store everything in case this all gets pulled. I better start stockpiling on mediafire.
Good idea, don't want all that time and music to potentially go to waste.

Looking forward to all the drops. We gonna be eating good this summer.

2 years ago '13        #16
CheebaHawk21 141 heat pts141
space
space
$10,656 | Props total: 17184 17184
Aye cuz, add me to future threads............

2 years ago '16        #17
DougTheMerciles 
space
space
$637 | Props total: 643 643

2 years ago '16        #18
DougTheMerciles 
space
space
$637 | Props total: 643 643
 CheebaHawk21 said
Aye cuz, add me to future threads............
me 2

2 years ago '08        #19
space
space
 DougTheMerciles said
me 2
Got both of you covered.

2 years ago '08        #20
space
space
 PharaohKush said
bruh i appreciate the tag i just downloaded your last five playslists @

@ you got some competition

Let's be real here, playlists?

2 years ago '12        #21
DSmith93 758 heat pts758
space
space
$27,613 | Props total: 43839 43839
Dope as hell. Make a shaft superfly 70s joint plz
could use that time frame inspiration for writing

2 years ago '08        #22
space
space
 DSmith93 said
Dope as hell. Make a shaft superfly 70s joint plz
could use that time frame inspiration for writing
Ooooon the list.

2 years ago '08        #23
stead21 12 heat pts12
space
space
$8,065 | Props total: 4851 4851
 WavyGnu said
Disclaimer: If you don't like Vintage soul, you will not like this particular drop. My advice would be not to spend anymore time on this post.

Here:

Here you have two comps that are two different regions. One is the South & the other is Midwest. The common bond between these two is building a tight knit operation for putting out local music that your community would love to hear at that time. As an additional bonus we have the only album that Deep City released "Helene Smith Sings Sweet Soul" There may be some repeat overlap from the 45's she released on Deep City. A lot to go through & enjoy/investigate

A little background on the three & some photos to help give you a picture of their world at that time.

Deep City:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

& Young Disciples

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

This concludes our drop for this evening. If this is your first time looking at our bx music drop club, you will notice there are more than a few we have covered from different labels. This is all on one archive label that is putting out all of these rarities & compiling different thought to be lost to the ashes. If you are from any of these cities that are covered, you might have a relative who perhaps was working at this label,writing songs, playing music or maybe even feature artist on the label.

We got 15 more to go or so of these.
@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @hots @ @ @ @ @ @

@dOwnByLaw310 @ @ @ @

@Saiyaman @ @

@tRollin 60s @ @ @ @ @ @ @

@OldeEnglish22oz @ @ @ @ @
@1996 @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
@mjcry @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
@beejay @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @The Boss @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
Type of sh*t I ride too, great stuff OP! Propz

2 years ago '05        #24
kronzsw 59 heat pts59
space
space
$7,084 | Props total: 13748 13748
 WavyGnu said
i got you right here you know about seedboxes?

[video - click to view]

because its located remotely your safe

lets get a bx seedbox going

Last edited by kronzsw; 05-18-2017 at 07:05 AM..

2 years ago '08        #25
space
space
 kronzsw said
i got you right here you know about seedboxes?

because its located remotely your safe

lets get a bx seedbox going
This is interesting.

I wonder if it could help create us a site like this:

Home      

most viewed right now
+73online now  41
How's a nigga supposed to stay p0rn free with these hoes
128 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  40
Lance STEPHENSON TRENDING After Teanna Trump Say She fu*k HIM AT 16 While DWIG..
343 comments
18 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-54online now  28
Image(s) inside Ciara files petition to change her son with Future name to Russell Wil..
230 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  27
Video inside ‘Vegan’ YouTube star forced to beg forgiveness after she was outed for ..
57 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy