Apr 21 - R.I.P Blade Icewood aka Darnell Lyndsay

most viewed right now
Sep 29 - The List of Clinton Associates Who’ve Died Mysteriously.
45 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside APN: Lub Me Long Time
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Info On Investing In 'Trees By Game'
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside 50 Cent - Ooouuu (Remix) ft. Young M.A
155 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #1
17140 pageviews
31 comments

P DRILLA 98 heat pts98
space
space
$9,748 | Props total: 1827 1827
Apr 21 - R.I.P Blade Icewood aka Darnell Lyndsay

A rapper dies as he predicted: Violently

Gunfire catches up with Blade Icewood
April 21, 2005

BY NANCY A. YOUSSEF and JIM SCHAEFER
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITERS

Paralyzed from the chest down after being raked with gunfire in September, a Detroit rapper died Tuesday night in a gangland-style slaying on the city's west side.

VOICE SILENCED
Blade Icewood gave an interview about two weeks ago to a Web site called mixtapedetroit.com. Here are excerpts:
QUESTION: How you been doing. ...You've been shot several times ... anything you can share with us?

ANSWER: I'm good. And I'm blessed. I'm alive, you know what I'm saying? Just went through a little rehabilitation but I'll be back ... real, real soon, back to 100 percent. But I'm good.

Q: Is Detroit always going to be your home?

A: Fo' sho. The outskirts though now ... a guy with a famous face can't stay ... in the hood. ... You don't need to lay your head there. There's a lot of people that don't like you. ... they're just haters. If you got money, dip out ... take a half-hour or an hour to ride down to the hood.

By Jim Schaefer

The rapper, known widely by his stage name, Blade Icewood, was sitting in a wheelchair inside his silver Range Rover when a gunman pulled alongside in a vehicle and fired into Icewood's SUV, at West 7 Mile Road and Faust. His driver fled as the bullets flew. Icewood was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police have no suspects.

The scene of the shooting was less than a mile from a spot where Icewood had hosted a nonviolence rally last year.

Despite his appearance at the rally, Icewood's hard-core raps speak of Detroit on the wild side. His subjects include dope, money, s3x, guns, gangsters and paranoia -- all of it overshadowed by dark hints of an early death.

On one number, he raps about picking out a casket. On another, he says defiantly that if anyone ever k!lls him, the line of stretch limos at his funeral will be two miles long. Those lyrics: "You'll never catch me. And if a hater just happen to stretch me, my funeral line, two miles long, all stretchies."

Icewood, 27, whose real name was given by police as Darnell Lyndsey, was nominated in three categories in this coming Saturday's third annual Detroit Hip Hop awards, including album of the year. He was considered by many on the music scene to be on the brink of becoming a nationally known artist.

At Platinum Records on Detroit's west side Wednesday, patrons bought anything affiliated with Icewood, said a manager, Nicole Shakoor, 32. She sold out of all his music by noon. Many people also came to mourn.

Icewood had planned this month to release his third CD, titled "Blood, Sweat and Tears." Part of it was going to deal with the September shooting, Shakoor said.

"He did talk about it, and said God had spared his life for his son," she said.

In the September incident, gunmen forced their way into an Oak Park apartment and opened fire. He had multiple wounds and for a while was in critical condition.

Sgt. Mike Pinkerton of the Oak Park police said Wednesday that no one was arrested for that shooting, adding that Icewood had refused to help investigators.

"We never got any cooperation out of him," Pinkerton said.

Pinkerton said he had shared information earlier with Detroit police but that no one had contacted him regarding Tuesday's rubout.

"Looks like somebody finished what they started. ... It seems kind of obvious that somebody had some sort of vendetta," Pinkerton said.

The September shooting followed by two days a shooting outside a Woodward Avenue club in downtown Detroit in which one rapper and an innocent bystander were k!lled. The rapper was Antonio Caddell, 32, of the group Eastside Chedda Boyz, whose stage name was Wipeout.

Detroit police said at the time they were investigating whether the Woodward k!llings were related to a dispute between the Eastside Chedda Boyz and another rap group, the Street Lordz.

Icewood claimed allegiance to the Street Lordz, and members of that group watched as police surrounded Tuesday's shooting scene, said Duane Johnson, 35, an Icewood a.ssociate who said he also was at the scene.

Shakoor said she asked Icewood to headline a Stop the Violence rally in July in front of Platinum Records. He participated, just two months before he was shot in September, and had encouraged people to create their own way out of the slums.

Among Icewood's most popular songs was "Get This Money," which talked about how he had earned enough money to leave behind his previous hard life in the city.

"It was about entrepreneurship and rising from poverty," Johnson said.

Contact NANCY YOUSSEF at 313-222-6672 or youssef@freepress.com. Staff writer Kelly Carter contributed to this report.

fu*ked up.
hardcore bastad gave props

31 comments for "Apr 21 - R.I.P Blade Icewood aka Darnell Lyndsay"

04-22-2005, 10:43 AM         #2
ayebc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
R.I.P he was and still is my fav. n!gga out the D .. A TRue D n!gga
 11 years ago '04        #3
stay alert 
space
space
space
$1,716 | Props total: 7 7
never heard of him, but R.I.P
 04-22-2005, 11:33 AM         #4
onthemicbug1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yup just read about this in todays newspaprer here .. messed up man
 11 years ago '04        #5
meelmuis 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,749 | Props total: 25 25
damn thats fu*ked up R.I.P.
 04-22-2005, 11:48 AM         #6
ChaldeanPimp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cant believe he's dead. he was almost recovered from the fu*king shooting in sept. '04, then they go and shoot him again. fu*ked up
 04-22-2005, 12:24 PM         #7
YellaBoi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Boy Would You?!? R.i.p. Blade Icewood
 11 years ago '04        #8
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,233 | Props total: 651 651
man i heard about this this week... very tragic
 04-22-2005, 01:32 PM         #9
westcoasta04 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn someone hated his a.ss enough to shot him twice, he mustve really fu*ked with the wrong people
 11 years ago '04        #10
Magnolia 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,200 | Props total: 136 136
This was talked about all over the first day it happen and all over in school the second day it was fu*ked up how they just wanted to finish him.

But thas fu*ked up I gotta check out his CD

RIP WipeOut
RIP Blade Icewood

Damn whos next?
 11 years ago '04        #11
haff3131 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,097 | Props total: 0 0
Never heard his music, but still tragic, R.I.P my man..
 11 years ago '04        #12
Magnolia 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 castro13 said:
nah man, n*ggas was just hatin. he had a hit out on him(50,000$), AND Tuff Tone bi*ch a.ss back in da hood, this summers gon be hectic, alotta bodies

Tuff Tone is back?!!?!
Wow hes gonna get fu*ked up.
 11 years ago '04        #13
KURUPTION!!! 525 heat pts525
space
space
$34,205 | Props total: 330 330
 stay alert said:
never heard of him, but R.I.P
Same.
 11 years ago '04        #14
Skilllz 
space
space
$6,714 | Props total: 391 391
fu*ked up yo..

Now he restin'

RIP
 11 years ago '04        #15
DTownPistonsFan 
space
space
$3,004 | Props total: 0 0
fu*ked up...I ain't even hear about that sh*t. Anybody know what club on Woodward they were talkin about in the article?
 04-22-2005, 08:38 PM         #16
ChaldeanPimp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 castro13 said:
ehhhh, my cuz goes to west bloomfield high, sh*t is wack,shut yo west bloomfield a.ss up, RIP BLADE

1. i dont give a fu*k about your cousin
2. wbhs is wack as hell and fu*king sucks because of the type of people that go there; i went to central.
3. i have no idea why your hating on me, so how about you shut the fu*k up
 04-23-2005, 07:33 AM         #17
W.M.D 84' 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
News Is fu*ked Up, Look Out From Blade On Royce's New Album (Out June 28th) He's On A Track Called 'Chips On The Pistons' It's A G-Funk Style Track So Be On The Look Out For That....R.I.P Blade Icewood !!
 11 years ago '04        #18
Magnolia 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 castro13 said:
DIS CHALDO mufuka said he has no idea why im hating on him,DO U REALIZE it was a CHALDEAN mufuka who DIPPED when BLADE was getting shot up, he SET HIS a.ss UP, fu*kin CHALDEAN, shut yo WEST BLOOMFIELD a.ss up. NO HATE, just dont like chaldeans, fu*kin fake mufukas. *GOES TO WEST BLOOMFIELD AND PULLS DIS f*g**t OUT HIS fu*kIN ESCALADE,and THROW OUT ALL HIS RAP CD's*,damn chaldos think dey hard.

DONT U GOT SOME CELL PHONES TO SELL????????????

PS: GET ME A NEXTEL i860, i KNOW u got one of those, LOL,haha

Well your liven in Chaldean Town so have fun dissen them out on the streets...Witch youll never do.
 11 years ago '04        #19
Yd4001 7 heat pts
space
space
$5,052 | Props total: 230 230
First and foremost R.I.P. but why the fu*k do they nevert have suspects for and rap-related death?Besides Tupac and Biggie,why is it they never arrest anyone.They quick to nab a cop k!ller or any other type of convict,serial k!ller,but they dont have no type of fu*kin leads in any hip-hop cases?fu*k outta here
 04-23-2005, 10:00 PM         #20
Iceman46ct 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When Tuff Tone get back in town?

Secondly, when the Streetlordz and Chedda Boys fallout? Nobody seems to know exactly when and why.

And Blade was definitely set up... apparently this happened the day he returned to tha D. (R.I.P. Blade "The Ruler of the Great Lakes" started playin Big Block from the Streetlordz again 2)
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Smash or Pass Pawg Thickii Nickii?...
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cuban With A Mean Cake, OMG!!!
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside smash or pass:savage edition
83 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Wade looking like he made a mistake
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Fire TV Stick 2 Brings Quad-Core CPU, Alexa Remote And AC WiFi
28 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 28 - The super RICH prepare for the end of society
91 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BAPE x Adidas NMD Release Date
42 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy Reveals He Was Shot At On Highway Last Week! fu-k Whoever Hatin..
144 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy