Kendrick Lamar Says There Will Be No Surprise Follow Up Album, Stands By His Control Verse

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside rappers that you didn't know were short
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Free Smoke 💨💨 Free Smoke 💨💨
153 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Amber Rose can kick rocks.....She's been replaced with a more durable ..
62 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn Troy gives a shout out to DJ Akademiks,says Joe Budden leaching off ..
57 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

5 days ago '11        #1
2572 pageviews
65 comments

kiss0fdeath 890 heat pts890
space
space
$17,033 | Props total: 76806 76806
Kendrick Lamar Says There Will Be No Surprise Follow Up Album, Stands By His Control Verse

EDIT:

YouTube Video Removed Because @DSmith93 Owns The copyright

Stamps: Jay Z influence at 5:00, 2pac at 8:00, being the best & his love for Hip Hop at 10:00, TPAB at 13:00, explains DAMN. at 16:00, unreleased (Trump) tracks at 20:00, Blood (hidden messages) at 23:00, DNA at 24:10, Religion at 27:00, working with Mike Will at 28:30, Yah at 30:00, Element at 31:30, Loyalty at 32:30,
Love at 33:30, x*x at 36:00, GOATbama at 37:20, Duckworth at 39:45, x*x had 6 verses 44:30image, secret album Easter Resurrection talk at 45:00

HOW BIG IS THIS DAMN. RECORD?
Kendrick Lamar’s DAMN.

(TDE/Interscope) not only scores the year’s biggest SPS debut but also bests Ed Sheeran for the best-selling first week of the year with over 350k in album sales. Sheeran’s ų collected 322k in its first week.

In the age of streaming, it’s interesting that DAMN.’s debut, which also racks up over 300 million streams, will be made up of over 60% in sales (fans were snapping up CDs for signing at the pop-up in-store at a Compton Best Buy on 4/20, pictured at right).image

Sheeran’s sales to streams ratio was even higher, at over 70%. Yesterday we projected an SPS total for DAMN. of 560k; it’s appreciably higher today.

Can it hit 600k? Stay tuned.

Kendrick Lamar Stands by His 'Control' Verse, Explains Story Behind 'Duckworth' with Beats 1's Zane Lowe

4/21/2017 by Carl Lamarre

Kendrick Lamar performs at Coachella Music & Arts Festival at the Empire Polo Club on April 16, 2017 in Indio, Calif.
Kendrick Lamar refuses to bite his tongue for anyone in hip-hop. After boldly dubbing himself the greatest rapper alive on his new album DAMN., Lamar doubled down on his statements in a new interview with Beats 1 Zane Lowe.

"I’m so passionate about hip-hop," began Lamar. "I love it to a point that I can’t even describe it. When I heard these artists say they're the best, coming up, I'm not doing it to have a good song or one good rap or good hook or good bridge. I want to keep doing it every time, period. And to do it every time, you have to challenge yourself and you have to confirm to yourself -- not anybody else, confirm to yourself that you're the best, period. No one can take that away from me, period. That’s my drive and that’s my hunger, I will always have. At this point right now, the years and the time and the effort and the knowledge and history I've done on the culture and the game I’ve gotten from those before me and the respect I have for them. I want to hold myself high on that same pedestal 10, 15 years from now."

Lamar also defended his verse on Big Sean's 2013 track "Control", when he fearlessly called out some of hip hop's biggest names. "Yeah, what we doing it for? This is culture," Lamar told Lowe. "This is not something you just play with and get a few dollars and get out. People live their lives through this music. My partners in the hood right now, they listen to rap every day, because it’s the only thing that can relate to their stories and their tribulations. They live and breathe it. You can’t play with this, and you have to take in consideration what you write down on that paper. If you’re not doing it to say the most impactful sh*t or doing it to be the best you can be for the listener to live their lives through, what are we doing here?"

Kendrick Lamar Aiming for Biggest Debut of 2017 With 'DAMN.' Album
visit this link http://www.billboard.com/ .. ebut-2017-damn

Later in the conversation, Lamar broke down the tale behind the DAMN. deep cut "DUCKWORTH.," which details a meeting between his father and TDE CEO Anthony "Top Dawg" Tiffith.

When did you when did you realize that that story had happened? When did that story get shared with you?

About a year after I met Top Dawg. I met him when I was sixteen. My Pops came to the studio after I’d been locked in with him for a minute, and... we got a relationship now, bring my Pops through. He heard I was dealing with Top Dawg, but my Pops personally don’t know him as Top Dawg, the industry know him as Top Dawg. Before he was Top Dawg, he was another name. So when he walked in that room and he seen that Top Dawg was this guy, he flipped. Still ’til this day, they laugh and they laugh and they trip out and they tell the same story over and over to each other.

Have you been waiting to tell that story?

Have I been waiting? It was just the right time. Top himself didn’t know I was going to do it, or even execute it in that fashion, to be the last song or to be anywhere. Just making it make sense. I remember playing it for him, he flipped because further than the song, when you really can hear your life in words that is so true to you, and that affected your life one hundred percent through one decision, it really makes you sit back and cherish the moment.

I think that's something we all did playing that record. Like, "Man look where we at. We’re recording music for the world to hear and we’re taking care of our families. We’re blessed." But listen to these words, like -- this is what happened. This is real life. It’s amazing, and since a kid, I’ve always said to myself, "Anything is possible, and it always comes around tenfold, confirmation." And that story is confirmation.

Lamar's DAMN. is slated to top Billboard's 200 charts with an estimated 530,000 to 550,000 equivalent album units, potentially making it the largest debut of 2017.

visit this link http://m.hitsdailydouble. .. news&id=306069

visit this link http://www.billboard.com/ .. lowe-interview
DAMN. At least he can celebrate being the #1 Rapper in the world right now.

Last edited by kiss0fdeath; 04-21-2017 at 01:38 PM..
Tha Truth and 32 others gave props

65 comments for "Kendrick Lamar Says There Will Be No Surprise Follow Up Album, Stands By His Control Verse"

5 days ago '06        #2
Affectz 116 heat pts116
space
space
$8,095 | Props total: 3896 3896
No sh*t, there's another album in Damn if u play it backwards , 2 chainz collab coming soon though
kiss0fdeath and 1 others gave props

ZeeEhs and 2 others slapped this ish

5 days ago '11        #3
Da Truth23 84 heat pts84
space
space
$4,501 | Props total: 1261 1261
DAMN. you're quick.
kiss0fdeath gave props

AC SLATER slapped this ish

5 days ago '17        #4
OsamaBinSwagged 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$1,382 | Props total: 6133 6133
Good let this masterpiece marinate, we don't need over saturation like Mr. Steal Your Song
kiss0fdeath and 26 others gave props

Mystix slapped this ish

5 days ago '16        #5
EasyRobinson 
space
space
$64 | Props total: 67 67
Your quick as fff lol
kiss0fdeath gave props

5 days ago '14        #6
Tha Truth 118 heat pts118
space
space
$5,219 | Props total: 4331 4331
OP made a Kendrick thread without talking about Drake...
kiss0fdeath and 18 others gave props

5 days ago '13        #7
thatnig22 64 heat pts64
space
space
$12,449 | Props total: 27089 27089
Why bruh?

KenFolk. Clever
kiss0fdeath and 4 others gave props

5 days ago '13        #8
Pope Francis 25 heat pts25
space
space
$7,299 | Props total: 3097 3097

[pic - click to view]

5 days ago '16        #9
fam 2 heat pts
space
space
$210 | Props total: 686 686
@
Bill Wallace and 1 others gave props

5 days ago '11        #10
kiss0fdeath 890 heat pts890 OP
space
space
$17,033 | Props total: 76806 76806
 Tha Truth said:
OP made a Kendrick thread without talking about Drake...
 5 days ago '04        #11
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,117 | Props total: 2386 2386
Lamar also defended his verse on Big Sean's 2013 track "Control", when he fearlessly called out some of hip hop's biggest names. "Yeah, what we doing it for? This is culture," Lamar told Lowe. "This is not something you just play with and get a few dollars and get out. People live their lives through this music. My partners in the hood right now, they listen to rap every day, because it’s the only thing that can relate to their stories and their tribulations. They live and breathe it. You can’t play with this, and you have to take in consideration what you write down on that paper. If you’re not doing it to say the most impactful sh*t or doing it to be the best you can be for the listener to live their lives through, what are we doing here?"
The guy just fu*king get's it. He really does.
kiss0fdeath and 25 others gave props

5 days ago '08        #12
WavyGnu 39 heat pts39
space
space
$2,530 | Props total: 4129 4129
 kiss0fdeath said:

[pic - click to view]

HOW BIG IS THIS DAMN. RECORD?
Kendrick Lamarís DAMN.

(TDE/Interscope) not only scores the yearís biggest SPS debut but also bests Ed Sheeran for the best-selling first week of the year with over 350k in album sales. Sheeranís ų collected 322k in its first week.

In the age of streaming, itís interesting that DAMN.ís debut, which also racks up over 300 million streams, will be made up of over 60% in sales (fans were snapping up CDs for signing at the pop-up in-store at a Compton Best Buy on 4/20, pictured at right).

Sheeranís sales to streams ratio was even higher, at over 70%. Yesterday we projected an SPS total for DAMN. of 560k; itís appreciably higher today.

Can it hit 600k? Stay tuned.

[pic - click to view]

Kendrick Lamar Stands by His 'Control' Verse, Explains Story Behind 'Duckworth' with Beats 1's Zane Lowe

4/21/2017 by Carl Lamarre

Kendrick Lamar performs at Coachella Music & Arts Festival at the Empire Polo Club on April 16, 2017 in Indio, Calif.
Kendrick Lamar refuses to bite his tongue for anyone in hip-hop. After boldly dubbing himself the greatest rapper alive on his new album DAMN., Lamar doubled down on his statements in a new interview with Beats 1 Zane Lowe.

"Iím so passionate about hip-hop," began Lamar. "I love it to a point that I canít even describe it. When I heard these artists say they're the best, coming up, I'm not doing it to have a good song or one good rap or good hook or good bridge. I want to keep doing it every time, period. And to do it every time, you have to challenge yourself and you have to confirm to yourself -- not anybody else, confirm to yourself that you're the best, period. No one can take that away from me, period. Thatís my drive and thatís my hunger, I will always have. At this point right now, the years and the time and the effort and the knowledge and history I've done on the culture and the game Iíve gotten from those before me and the respect I have for them. I want to hold myself high on that same pedestal 10, 15 years from now."

Lamar also defended his verse on Big Sean's 2013 track "Control", when he fearlessly called out some of hip hop's biggest names. "Yeah, what we doing it for? This is culture," Lamar told Lowe. "This is not something you just play with and get a few dollars and get out. People live their lives through this music. My partners in the hood right now, they listen to rap every day, because itís the only thing that can relate to their stories and their tribulations. They live and breathe it. You canít play with this, and you have to take in consideration what you write down on that paper. If youíre not doing it to say the most impactful sh*t or doing it to be the best you can be for the listener to live their lives through, what are we doing here?"

Kendrick Lamar Aiming for Biggest Debut of 2017 With 'DAMN.' Album

Later in the conversation, Lamar broke down the tale behind the DAMN. deep cut "DUCKWORTH.," which details a meeting between his father and TDE CEO Anthony "Top Dawg" Tiffith.

When did you when did you realize that that story had happened? When did that story get shared with you?

About a year after I met Top Dawg. I met him when I was sixteen. My Pops came to the studio after Iíd been locked in with him for a minute, and... we got a relationship now, bring my Pops through. He heard I was dealing with Top Dawg, but my Pops personally donít know him as Top Dawg, the industry know him as Top Dawg. Before he was Top Dawg, he was another name. So when he walked in that room and he seen that Top Dawg was this guy, he flipped. Still ítil this day, they laugh and they laugh and they trip out and they tell the same story over and over to each other.

Have you been waiting to tell that story?

Have I been waiting? It was just the right time. Top himself didnít know I was going to do it, or even execute it in that fashion, to be the last song or to be anywhere. Just making it make sense. I remember playing it for him, he flipped because further than the song, when you really can hear your life in words that is so true to you, and that affected your life one hundred percent through one decision, it really makes you sit back and cherish the moment.

I think that's something we all did playing that record. Like, "Man look where we at. Weíre recording music for the world to hear and weíre taking care of our families. Weíre blessed." But listen to these words, like -- this is what happened. This is real life. Itís amazing, and since a kid, Iíve always said to myself, "Anything is possible, and it always comes around tenfold, confirmation." And that story is confirmation.

Lamar's DAMN. is slated to top Billboard's 200 charts with an estimated 530,000 to 550,000 equivalent album units, potentially making it the largest debut of 2017.

[pic - click to view]

DAMN. At least he can celebrate being the #1 Rapper in the world right now.
He squashed the resurrection because the kid at Reddit cracked the code .
DSmith93 and 4 others gave props

Mrpentatonic and 1 others slapped this ish

5 days ago '14        #13
strungout 353 heat pts353
space
space
$16,119 | Props total: 20853 20853
1 kendrick album is worth more than 5 future projects ..
bnw99 and 15 others gave props

cityboi813 and 1 others slapped this ish

5 days ago '12        #14
DSmith93 609 heat pts609
space
space
$21,282 | Props total: 21194 21194
You really took the interview from my thread and add it to your thread huh?

You thirsty wh0ore

And The picture too n*gga? n*ggas acting like melaina trump round here

Last edited by DSmith93; 04-21-2017 at 12:42 PM..
Kyu and 6 others gave props

sOurxd i e s e and 2 others slapped this ish

5 days ago '12        #15
DSmith93 609 heat pts609
space
space
 fam said:
@
Top dawg wrote that sh*t
consigliereA gave props

5 days ago '12        #16
DSmith93 609 heat pts609
space
space
Damn n*ggas really be thirsty when it come to kdot.

The tweet wasn't enough he had to go jack some sh*t to add more views to his

Damn Bruh every time I think u r solid
u show ur thirst

Enjoy the hot topic wh0ore
Teesleezyee gave props

sOurxd i e s e and 4 others slapped this ish

5 days ago '14        #17
Kyu 331 heat pts331
space
space
$50,978 | Props total: 74255 74255
 DSmith93 said:
Damn n*ggas really be thirsty when it come to kdot.

The tweet wasn't enough he had to go jack some sh*t to add more views to his

Damn Bruh every time I think u r solid
u show ur thirst

Enjoy the hot topic wh0ore
@ you didn't see the thread @ made about this interview??
DSmith93 and 3 others gave props

5 days ago '12        #18
DSmith93 609 heat pts609
space
space
 Kyu said:
@ you didn't see the thread @ made about this interview??
Of course he seen it

That why homie above you that quoted him that interview nowhere in that op and wasn't when I came in here

All of sudden he got the exact pic and video in his op now In a thread that have nothing to do with the interview

Thirsty sh*t bro. So extra out
krispy bryant gave props

kiss0fdeath slapped this ish

5 days ago '15        #19
PharaohKush 249 heat pts249
space
space
$16,641 | Props total: 62001 62001
is there beef in the hip hop section i dont know about

Kyu and 3 others gave props

5 days ago '15        #20
Hellmatic 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,791 | Props total: 9949 9949
thats exactly what someone that would drop a surprise album would say if asked. Not sayin its true or not tho
KING SOULJA and 2 others gave props

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The only IG chick I cant stop "Following" - Bria Myles
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Tree stump on Mars?
32 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside DMX Needs Saving -- This Video Says It All
195 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Apr 25 - Woman killed by Ďdrunkí-driving cop was designated driver
45 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Behold: This Galaxy Note 8 blows the Galaxy S8 out of the water
48 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Apr 24 - Trump Refuses To Fire Sean "Struggle" Spicer Because "He Gets..
31 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
I really miss my n!gggaaaa
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Devin bookers has a transgender sis
557 comments
2 days ago