Apr 20 - Arkansas Puts Ledell Lee to Death, in Its First Execution Since 2005

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside rappers that you didn't know were short
141 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Amber Rose can kick rocks.....She's been replaced with a more durable ..
65 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn Troy gives a shout out to DJ Akademiks,says Joe Budden leaching off ..
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Free Smoke 💨💨 Free Smoke 💨💨
153 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

5 days ago '16        #1
2539 pageviews
51 comments

talisman11 319 heat pts319
space
space
space
$1,241 | Props total: 12703 12703
Apr 20 - Arkansas Puts Ledell Lee to death, in Its First Execution Since 2005

VARNER, Ark. — The State of Arkansas, dismissing criticism that it intended to rush too many prisoners to their deaths too quickly, on Thursday night carried out its first execution in more than a decade. Using a lethal injection drug that has been the subject of sharp constitutional debate, the state plans to execute three more men by the end of the month, before its supply of the chemical expires.

Ledell Lee, who was condemned to death for the murder of Debra Reese more than 20 years ago in a Little Rock suburb, died at 11:56 p.m. Central time at the Cummins Unit, a prison in southeast Arkansas, after the reprieves he had won in federal and state courts were overturned. He received injections of three drugs: midazolam, to render him unconscious; vecuronium bromide, to halt his breathing; and potassium chloride, to stop his heart.

State officials administered the lethal injection at 11:44 p.m., after Mr. Lee, who requested holy communion as his last meal, wordlessly declined to make a final statement. Sean Murphy, a reporter for The a.ssociated Press who witnessed the execution, said Mr. Lee was not visibly uncomfortable as he was put to death. The prisoner, Mr. Murphy said, was not responsive when the authorities performed consciousness checks.

An evening of appeals kept Mr. Lee, 51, alive as his death warrant neared its midnight expiration. The United States Supreme Court, as well as a federal appeals court in St. Louis, issued temporary stays of execution while they considered his legal arguments. In Little Rock, the Arkansas capital, Gov. Asa Hutchinson monitored developments at the State Capitol.

At one point on Thursday night, the Supreme Court nearly halted Mr. Lee’s execution, but decided, 5 to 4, to allow the state to proceed with its plan, which had called for eight prisoners to be put to death over less than two weeks. The court’s majority — which included the newest justice, Neil M. Gorsuch — did not explain its decision, but in a dissent, Justice Stephen G. Breyer complained about how the state had established its execution schedule because of the approaching expiration date of Arkansas’s stock of midazolam.

“In my view, that factor, when considered as a determining factor separating those who live from those who die, is close to random,” Justice Breyer wrote. “I have previously noted the arbitrariness with which executions are carried out in this country. The cases now before us reinforce that point.”

Through his lawyers, who raised concerns about his intellectual capacity and the personal conduct and conflicts of some people who were involved in his trial, Mr. Lee maintained his innocence, and a state judge’s ruling threatened to block the state from using one of its execution drugs.

But the courts ultimately allowed his death sentence to be carried out, making him the first prisoner in Arkansas to be executed since 2005. He had been sentenced to death in 1995 after a jury found that he had murdered Ms. Reese with a tire thumper in Jacksonville. In a 1997 ruling that upheld the conviction, the Arkansas Supreme Court said Mr. Lee had struck Ms. Reese 36 times with the small bat-shaped tool, which her husband had given her for protection.

The Arkansas Parole Board said this month that Mr. Lee’s plea for executive clemency was “without merit,” and this week, the courts repeatedly rebuffed arguments to, at the least, delay his execution.

“Arkansas’s decision to rush through the execution of Mr. Lee just because its supply of lethal drugs are expiring at the end of the month denied him the opportunity to conduct DNA testing that could have proven his innocence,” Nina Morrison, one of Mr. Lee’s lawyers, said in a statement. “While reasonable people can disagree on whether death is an appropriate form of punishment, no one should be executed when there is a possibility that person is innocent.”image
hot topic and 7 others gave props

51 comments for "Apr 20 - Arkansas Puts Ledell Lee to Death, in Its First Execution Since 2005"

5 days ago '15        #2
PharaohKush 249 heat pts249
space
space
$16,641 | Props total: 62003 62003
rest in peace to that girl

but for real i cant imagine that walk to your death
NEWYORKTlMES and 24 others gave props

5 days ago '12        #3
JeromeIsPimp 
space
space
space
$352 | Props total: 160 160
 PharaohKush said:
rest in peace to that girl

but for real i cant imagine that walk to your death
I would be crying
PharaohKush and 1 others gave props

5 days ago '16        #4
MrCiiNeMa 14 heat pts14
space
space
$437 | Props total: 1569 1569
Can someone fill me in on what takes so long with these? I did an a.ssignment on this sh*t awhile back but don't remember.

Just seems odd you'd give someone the death penalty than wait a quarter of a century to execute them.... (or some not at all)
FlyinIron and 4 others gave props

5 days ago '15        #5
space
space
 JeromeIsPimp said:
I would be crying
for real n*ggas.. would need to knock me out i aint walking to my death
notadoctor and 16 others gave props

5 days ago '15        #6
space
space
 MrCiiNeMa said:
Can someone fill me in on what takes so long with these? I did an a.ssignment on this sh*t awhile back but don't remember.

Just seems odd you'd give someone the death penalty than wait a quarter of a century to execute them.... (or some not at all)
ample time for appeals.. new evidence.. and new technology.. many innocent have been k!lled
DonofDons21 and 29 others gave props

5 days ago '15        #7
Dice06 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,084 | Props total: 9146 9146
 JeromeIsPimp said:
I would be crying
Depends on the situation. If you accept that it's over and make peace with your creator then it's not too much to be upset about.

Missing out on the new season of Better Call Saul and Power though!
416recklezz and 15 others gave props

5 days ago '13        #8
FrankCastro1731 14 heat pts14
space
space
$3,689 | Props total: 9448 9448
Thats where my big brother locked up at. I got like 8 other n*ggas locked up there too. Its rough af in there,my n*gga just got his eye poked out like a month and a half ago.
sweetandsour and 15 others gave props

10pointP slapped this ish

5 days ago '16        #9
sweetandsour 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,389 | Props total: 2415 2415
They should of done the DNA testing first that's ridiculous.
talisman11 and 13 others gave props

5 days ago '16        #10
talisman11 319 heat pts319 OP
space
space
space
$1,241 | Props total: 12703 12703
 sweetandsour said:
They should of done the DNA testing first that's ridiculous.
Supreme Court should have extended..
sweetandsour and 4 others gave props

5 days ago '12        #11
OldBusiness 158 heat pts158
space
space
$17,135 | Props total: 2613 2613
So am I the only one reading that they're rushing ppl to death because they're afraid one of the drugs will expire.

This drug that costs nothing is worth more than adequate DNA testing smfh
Rockstar718 and 21 others gave props

5 days ago '15        #12
TalibanDread 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,341 | Props total: 6653 6653

[pic - click to view]

:dropthatsoapn*gga:
Tony Franks and 13 others gave props

Dammmmm and 3 others slapped this ish

5 days ago '11        #13
DboyFlexxxin 
space
space
$311 | Props total: 208 208
 OldBusiness said:
So am I the only one reading that they're rushing ppl to death because they're afraid one of the drugs will expire.

It's not about the cost, but rather the supply of it. A lot of companies won't sale medical supplies to the state once they know it will be used for the death penalty. This just happened in Arkansas, too. One company found out that AR would be using it for the death penalty and demanded for their supply back and asked the law enforcement to confiscate it. So if you can't get the supply then from a trusted company then you may have to go somewhere else to get it, which is why these people on death row have been appealing in Arkansas and it has got media attention this whole month; because they don't know how AR got the supply
Bigdon89 and 7 others gave props

5 days ago '14        #14
Johnny Walker 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,812 | Props total: 4429 4429
Source; New York Times if anybody was interested. Just a pet peeve of mine...

- Reese was struck 36 times with a tire tool her husband gave her for protection while he was out of town on a truck driving job.

The Supreme Court upheld the death sentence of Ledell Lee, 43, who was sentenced to die for the Feb. 9, 1993, beating and strangling death of Debra Reese, 26, in the Sunnyside addition, where he had attacked several other women.

[pic - click to view]

*Lee, who had just been paroled after serving time for burglary, was arrested an hour after the murder when witnesses reported seeing him walking the street.

[pic - click to view]

He was also convicted of raping two Jacksonville women and was tried for the murder of Christine Lewis, the daughter of the late Alderman Robert Lewis. Lee was also suspected of k!lling a Jacksonville prostitute and dumping her body in a shed near the railroad tracks.

* Lewis, 22, was abducted from her Sunnyside home in November 1989 as her 3-year-old child watched. She was r*ped and strangled and her body dumped in the closet of an abandoned home.

[pic - click to view]

The jury could not agree on a verdict in that trial, but prosecutors decided not to retry him when he received the death sentence in the Reese case and was convicted for raping two women. DNA evidence tied Lee to the murders and r*pes.

- A 1994 trial resulted in mistrial when it was discovered that a relative of Lee’s was on the jury.(Lewis Case)

[pic - click to view]

** Lee got an easier death than Debra Reese & Christine Lewis.

Man was convicted of burglary and r*pe, not to mention previously tried for a murder, and suspected of murdering a prostitute.

Of course his attorney would argue he was innocent, but his history clearly indicates something different.

fu*k him, may he forever rot in piss!
ox tail and 26 others gave props

Black Hand Side slapped this ish

5 days ago '16        #15
FlyinIron 
space
space
$1,469 | Props total: 2857 2857
this n*gga about 2 get fried
Ronmexico1286 and 1 others gave props

5 days ago '11        #16
Tony Franks 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,238 | Props total: 2113 2113
 OldBusiness said:

This is disgusting.
sweetandsour gave props

5 days ago '16        #17
tredub back 
space
space
space
$263 | Props total: 562 562
 PharaohKush said:
for real n*ggas.. would need to knock me out i aint walking to my death
That's when you take xan
PharaohKush gave props

5 days ago '15        #18
The Flyin Lion 153 heat pts153
space
space
$4,058 | Props total: 8173 8173
"You take a life that life get took bi*ch"
50 Cent
 5 days ago '15        #19
The Flyin Lion 153 heat pts153
space
space
$4,058 | Props total: 8173 8173
 OldBusiness said:

It's not the cost. The lethal injection drug is only available in the UK. The UK passed a law recently saying it's illegal to sell the drug to prisions/govts in the US who plan on using it for lethal injections. So if the drugs expire they would have to use the gas chamber or electric chair or some other barbaric means to carry out the death sentences these men were sentenced to.

I dont see anything wrong with the death penalty. If you k!ll and harm innocent people you deserve it.
 5 days ago '08        #20
flav 1 heat pts
space
space
$814 | Props total: 797 797
 Johnny Walker said:
Source; New York Times if anybody was interested. Just a pet peeve of mine...

** Lee got an easier death than Debra Reese & Christine Lewis.

Man was convicted of burglary and r*pe, not to mention previously tried for a murder, and suspected of murdering a prostitute.

Of course his attorney would argue he was innocent, but his history clearly indicates something different.

fu*k him, may he forever rot in piss!
Johnny Walker and 3 others gave props

Home      

most viewed right now
Tree stump on Mars?
33 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The only IG chick I cant stop "Following" - Bria Myles
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DMX Needs Saving -- This Video Says It All
195 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Apr 25 - Woman killed by ‘drunk’-driving cop was designated driver
45 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Thots...1 Dad...3 Kids
76 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Apr 24 - Transcript Of Donald Trump's Uninteligible Associated Press I..
60 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
I really miss my n!gggaaaa
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Apr 24 - Trump Refuses To Fire Sean "Struggle" Spicer Because "He Gets..
31 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy