Don Cheadle Tackling Story of Wall Street's First Black Millionaire

most viewed right now
+53  98
42 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '16        #1
637 page views
9 comments

Ham Bannon 112 heat pts112
space
space
$4,429 | Props total: 17904 17904
Don Cheadle Tackling Story of Wall Street's First Black Millionaire

Don Cheadle has acquired the film and TV rights to Prince of Darkness by Shane White, with plans to adapt the 2015 book as a starring vehicle.

Steven Baigelman, who worked with Cheadle on the Miles Davis biopic Miles Ahead, is reteaming with the actor and will pen the script for the drama. Cheadle will produce and star.

Prince of Darkness: The Untold Story of Jeremiah G. Hamilton, Wall Street’s First Black Millionaire sheds light on the obscure story of Hamilton, who was mentioned in an obituary for Cornelius Vanderbilt as the tycoon’s true rival. White’s book details the rise of Hamilton as he is chased out of Haiti and becomes a broker and land agent in 19th century New York, his success prickling both white and black society. He broke many taboos of the times, including marrying a white woman and owning stock in rail companies on whose trains he wasn’t legally allowed to ride. When Hamilton died, obits at the time called him the richest black man in America.

The book has been awarded the Society of Historians of the Early American Republic’s best book prize and the 2016 New York City Book Award.

Cheadle may be best known for playing hero James Rhodes, aka War Machine, in the Marvel Iron Man and Captain America movies. He also is the Golden Globe-winning star of House of Lies, which ran five seasons on Showtime.

Both Cheadle and Baigelman are repped by UTA. White is repped by UTA and the Strothman Agency.
visit this link http://www.hollywoodrepor .. ebook_20170415

9 comments for "Don Cheadle Tackling Story of Wall Street's First Black Millionaire"

2 years ago '08        #2
YOURKINGB4EVER 25 heat pts25
space
space
$7,025 | Props total: 13359 13359
Mr. Cheadle never disappoints

2 years ago '10        #3
SpacelyPockets 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,192 | Props total: 1285 1285
Would def have to check this out. i like don cheadle but i hope he doesn't mess this up, like the miles ahead movie. Don't get me wrong cheadle played miles great but the whole story, and how it was done was awful.

2 years ago '09        #4
Ms Ambitious 249 heat pts249
space
space
$8,445 | Props total: 7273 7273
This has me interested

2 years ago '13        #5
CheebaHawk21 141 heat pts141
space
space
$10,647 | Props total: 17144 17144
Opening night, Im there....

2 years ago '15        #6
Veggie Burgers 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,440 | Props total: 7237 7237

2 years ago '13        #7
EZ Green 42 heat pts42
space
space
$12,309 | Props total: 26309 26309
I was wondering how a story about a black millionaire would see the light of day... Until i saw the wife.

Home      

most viewed right now
-64online now  27
Image(s) inside Look how much Justin Bieber is enjoying his married life
149 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+51online now  26
Video inside Gillie Tells Story About Birdman Ordering "Shrimp Lamborghini" At A Res..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+37online now  24
Image(s) inside You young punks don’t know nothing bout the originals #SpiceSampled
59 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  15
Image(s) inside DJ Build a brawd
45 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy