Chris Evans Thinks Robert Downey Jr. Will Leave Marvel Before He Does

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '06        #1
2289 page views
26 comments

SM 40388 heat pts40388
space
space
space
$139,233 | Props total: 113640 113640
Chris Evans Thinks Robert Downey Jr. Will Leave Marvel Before He Does

After the fourth Avengers film, Chris EvansĎ contract with Marvel is done. Whether itíll be the last we see of the actor as Captain America, weíll have to wait and see. Over a year ago, when asked about starring in more movie Marvel films, Evans said, ďIf Marvel wants me they got me,Ē but itís worth noting Marvel President Kevin Feige has teased these upcoming Avengers films as a new beginning of sorts.

While promoting his new film, Marc Webbís Gifted, Evans talked about having to one day say goodbye to playing Steve Rogers. Below, check out his most recent comments on walking away at some point.

When the day comes to recast Captain America, it probably wonít be easy. Evans has embodied Steve Rogers since the very beginning of Captain America: The First Avenger. Whether heís engaged in some top-notch shield action or thinking about the dance he didnít get, heís always compelling to watch as the hero.

Evans still has plenty of time playing the character, considering how long the Infinity War shoot is, but heís already talking about one day having to pass the torch (Source: USA Today):

Iíd be lying if I said it wouldnít be hard for me. But the passing of time and the passing of torches is part of the experience. Nothing lasts forever. Thereís a beauty in that departure, even if it can be sad at times. Itís also joyful.

No matter what happens with Captain America after Avengers 4, Evans will understandably be happy about having starred in some good quality, monster hit films:

Iíve had a great run. Superheroes are reinventable entities, like Batman or even James Bond. These movies find new incarnations and new ways to tell the story. I am all for it. However they want to proceed after Avengers 4, itís really up to them. I walk away with no regrets and endlessly thankful.

Another actor whoís maybe not too far from finishing his time in the MCU? Robert Downey Jr. His contract also runs out after the next Avengers films. Evans commented on him leaving one day, too:

Downey is far closer to reaching that point where he may walk away. And I donít know how you replace Downey as Tony Stark. I donít know who else can touch that.
Thereís been some talk of Downey Jr. making an Iron Man 4, but when it comes to replacing him, Feige has mentioned going the James Bond route. Itís not that difficult imagining these roles, Iron Man and Captain America, being played by other actors. There are plenty of other great actors in the world, ones that could give us new takes that donít live under Downey Jr. or Evansí shadows. Those are going to be some big shadows to have to get out of, though.

visit this link http://www.slashfilm.com/ .. eaving-marvel/

26 comments for "Chris Evans Thinks Robert Downey Jr. Will Leave Marvel Before He Does"

2 years ago '05        #2
Stuart Scott 228 heat pts228
space
space
$27,187 | Props total: 28239 28239
Downey will be in it for this last phase

But for the love of god, let all this sh*t breathe for 10+ years after it's all done

2 years ago '05        #3
2bigz 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$6,576 | Props total: 1923 1923
 Dame Dash said
please no

RDJ was born to play Tony Stark and Chris Evans is perfect as Cap
RDJ is perfect for Iron Man, but they could have chosen a better Cap, especially because Chris Evans already played Johnny Storm in Fantastic 4.

sh*t, Channing Tatum could have made a good Captain America. He already had the GI Joe thing under his wing. Channing Tatum playing Captain America would have given us a lot of 4th wall comparisons

2 years ago '09        #4
WezLFaCe_KiD 59 heat pts59
space
space
$14,982 | Props total: 1421 1421
Rdj mad annoying or maybe stark as character is mad annoying .

Either way . Iron man 2 and 3 were trash . And I'm cringing at him gucking up Spider-Man with crap cameo

2 years ago '05        #5
2bigz 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
 Brimson Bhin said
What does playing a character that isn't part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe have to do with Chris Evans playing Cap, though? It's a weak argument.

Hell no. Channing Tatum is a crappy actor.
Because making a decision to re-cast an actor who played a Marvel superhero in the past into a different Marvel superhero lends both roles to being compared and contrasted. A lot of fans still remember Chris Evans primarily as the guy from Fantastic Four who is now Captain America. Instead, I feel it would have been better to have casted a guy who has never played a super hero in order to fit/be more cohesive with that role, a la Robert Downy Jr/Iron Man or Hugh Jackman/Wolverine.

Marvel has similarly proceeded in a detrimental way by casting several actors to play 1 super hero, namely, the Hulk. Mark Ruffalo will never be truly the Guy for the Hulk because we know this is literaly there 3rd iteration of it in the past 15 years (when the Avengers came out in 2012 it was really the 3rd iteration in 9 years), and the 2nd in this universe. Essentially what I'm trying to say is that Marvel casting an actor whos played several superheros, and Marvel casting several actors to play one superhero, especially in such a short period of time provides a detriment to any cohesive/perfect vision of the actor playing that superhero.

Also, this may explain why Batman and his villains arent necessarily as well-liked (despite people watching them anyway) as much as TDK series. It was only 4 years since TDKR and DC decided to release another, serious, iteration of Batman in Batman v Superman. Fans will easily compare the two Batman roles, especially when they are only a few years apart. Same comparison happens between Ledger's Joker and Leto's Joker. Fans are easier able to criticize the acting performances and the character scheme of the Joker, Batman or whoever, alongside DC's bad plots.

Now I hope you understand that it wasnt such a weak argument.

Last edited by 2bigz; 04-06-2017 at 01:14 AM..

2 years ago '12        #6
sOurxd i e s e 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,788 | Props total: 9066 9066
 2bigz said
RDJ is perfect for Iron Man, but they could have chosen a better Cap, especially because Chris Evans already played Johnny Storm in Fantastic 4.

sh*t, Channing Tatum could have made a good Captain America. He already had the GI Joe thing under his wing. Channing Tatum playing Captain America would have given us a lot of 4th wall comparisons

2 years ago '10        #7
Marcus Aurelius 49 heat pts49
space
space
$7,900 | Props total: 3973 3973
 Stuart Scott said

But for the love of god, let all this sh*t breathe for 10+ years after it's all done
If they reboot these same heroes as soon as the current actors leave...

2 years ago '04        #8
youngsiz 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,371 | Props total: 4314 4314
 2bigz said

Bruh hell no evans is perfect for that role. Tatum is better suited for military like movies gi joe. But he's basically on ryan reynolds status can't be a serious hero 21 & 22 jump street did that

2 years ago '09        #9
TriniSoldier 71 heat pts71
space
space
$61,790 | Props total: 58970 58970
This n*gga writing channing tatum essays. Wtf

2 years ago '04        #10
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8933 8933
Thanos is gonna bomb on one of them.

2 years ago '14        #11
Batfirt 20 
space
space
space
$843 | Props total: 1105 1105
 WezLFaCe_KiD said

Either way . Iron man 2 and 3 were trash . And I'm cringing at him gucking up Spider-Man with crap cameo
People give BVS hell, but I thought it was better than these two movies which both did extremely well at the box office. I like Marvel but they have some overrated and duds under their belt too.

2 years ago '16        #12
Dr Strange 2 heat pts
space
space
$157 | Props total: 644 644
If RDJ doesnt continue, Marvel probably k*lls iron Man for years.
Even if Evans doesnt continue as Captain, it is likely that Winter soldier takes the mantle seeing as he has 9 movie contract.

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '04        #13
Maroon_Tiger 30 heat pts30
space
space
$52,386 | Props total: 8243 8243
Neither of em will be around in 5 yrs

2 years ago '04        #14
GodsFavorite 108 heat pts108
space
space
space
$9,769 | Props total: 4765 4765
 Marcus Aurelius said
If they reboot these same heroes as soon as the current actors leave...
Marvel is not going to reboot anything, they've already said they would recast the roles a la Bond and continue with the stories

2 years ago '04        #15
GodsFavorite 108 heat pts108
space
space
space
$9,769 | Props total: 4765 4765
Tatum can't drop his attempting to sound street accent anywhere near enough to play Cap, so let's get that out of everyone's head

2 years ago '04        #16
space
space
 Dr Strange said
If RDJ doesnt continue, Marvel probably k*lls iron Man for years.
Even if Evans doesnt continue as Captain, it is likely that Winter soldier takes the mantle seeing as he has 9 movie contract.

[pic - click to view]

I could see them k*lling IM but leaving the schematics around.. and someone comes around and picks up the torch.. that he never met

2 years ago '04        #17
space
space
Chris Evans is pulling an okie doke with this article

I think hes gonna be replaced after he dies(prolly next movie) and rdj will die in avengers 4... but they'll all come back after they win.. but cap will prolly demand to not be revived bc theres nothing to live for bc the world is in good hands

I find it funny that he said initially that hes not renewing when his contract is up.. then in a matter of days says "id love to stay longer", now its. "Rdj will leave before me

Sounds like a smoke screen to me

Last edited by Maroon_Tiger; 04-06-2017 at 09:52 AM..

2 years ago '06        #18
Michael 785 heat pts785
space
space
$88,904 | Props total: 23365 23365
 WezLFaCe_KiD said

and the sad thing is most people really think ultron was really created by Tony.

2 years ago '06        #19
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,917 | Props total: 2457 2457
Replacing Evans isn't that hard. But RDJ would be

2 years ago '07        #20
CASH1 11 heat pts11
space
space
$14,628 | Props total: 8247 8247
 Stuart Scott said

after they finish the Avengers storyline...

other than making standalone movies...

They should focus on acquiring and fixing Fantastic Four and X-Men.

2 years ago '05        #21
2bigz 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
 Brimson Bhin said
You're the first person I've heard that believes a lot of fans feel that way about Evans. None of his past roles have had an adverse affect on his performance of his current one as CA. It has been a decade since the last Fantastic Four film that featured Chris Evans. If people are still stuck on that after all this time, then the problem isn't Chris Evans, it's fans for not being able to let minor sh*t like that go.

Edit: I meant Chris Evans, not Luke Evans
You must be really young. Like I said, when the first Captain America came out it was only 4 years after he played Johnny Storm in the Fantastic 4 sequel. Even if you think it is a minor point now, it certainly wasnt back when the first Captain America came out, comments from: "Oh the johnny storm guy is back?" to "he was better in Fantastic 4".

Im not saying Chris Evans plays a bad portrayal of Captain America, I'm just saying that the studio could have casted a fresh actor, or an actor who didnt literally just play a superhero in big box office movies just a few years prior.

2 years ago '05        #22
2bigz 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
 Brimson Bhin said
Of course people took issue because there was uncertainty when it came to how well he would perform as Captain America. It doesn't matter what character he played a few years prior. He isn't the only actor to play a superhero in one franchise and then star as another superhero in another franchise. That's what actors do.
Yeah I dont think youre paying attention to what I'm saying so I dont give a fu*k no more lol

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  40
Lance STEPHENSON TRENDING After Teanna Trump Say She fu*k HIM AT 16 While DWIG..
343 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-54online now  37
Image(s) inside Ciara files petition to change her son with Future name to Russell Wil..
230 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+73online now  35
How's a nigga supposed to stay p0rn free with these hoes
128 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  28
Video inside ĎVeganí YouTube star forced to beg forgiveness after she was outed for ..
57 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy