Sixteen teams to watch: Each division's favorite, top contender

most viewed right now
Video inside 🗣🔊DAWG!!! Come 👀 at this!!! 🤤😨&..
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside What Happened To Twista ??
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn Safaree is in his feeling"You were supposed to have my child "
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
No Lackin: How to Survive The Summer In Chiraq
46 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 months ago '07        #1
1554 pageviews
56 comments

KeepinItTrill 27 heat pts27
space
space
$46,306 | Props total: 11280 11280
Sixteen teams to watch: Each division's favorite, top contender

NFC EAST

Favorite: Dallas Cowboys

Even with the departure of a bevy a defensive backs, the Cowboys' offense is too much. And conventional wisdom says both Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott should be even better as sophomores, which is incredible for Dallas, considering their iconic neophyte seasons at quarterback and running back, respectively. They now have experience and know they can dominate, yet will come back with a chip on the shoulder after losing their playoff opener. Plus, Dez Bryant is still just 28 years old -- don't be surprised when he puts up his first 1,000-yard season since 2014. And despite some attrition, the Dallas offensive line remains imposing, with a trio of first-team All-Pros (Tyron Smith, Zack Martin and Travis Frederick) leading the way.

Top contender: New York Giants

New York has a terrific defense -- it was the second-stingiest unit in the NFL last season. And the Giants' explosive passing attack got even more dangerous with the savvy pickup of Brandon Marshall to be the wingman for Odell Beckham Jr. Eli Manning now has the best receiver tandem in the entire league -- and Sterling Shepard's certainly no slouch in the slot. The Marshall move secured the Giants as a playoff team to me, but I can't have them leap-frogging Dallas until they shore up the O-line and get a legit starting running back.

NFC NORTH

Favorite: Green Bay Packers

Truth be told, I loathe the Packers' typical offseason approach. OK, yes, Ted Thompson made a great upgrade by signing Martellus Bennett to replace Jared Cook. But for the rest of free agency, he's been asleep at the wheel, as per usual. Green Bay has lost offensive linemen, defensive starters and Eddie Lacy. I don't want to turn Lacy into Jim Brown, but the guy signed a very reasonable one-year, "prove-it" deal with Seattle. Wouldn't that have made perfect sense for the Pack? Dangle a carrot (or maybe a steak, with Lacy) in front of a player who knows the system. Even with Lacy, Green Bay still would have needed more help in the backfield. Now they seriously need an influx of talent in that area. And this is why I never want to hear from the clueless "Fire Mike McCarthy" crowd during the season. Thompson doesn't give his head coach the players he needs.

Oh, right -- this is about Green Bay being the favorite. Well, Aaron Rodgers is the ultimate deodorant, covering up what stinks in Green Bay each and every year. Still, I hope Thompson remembers to address the backfield and defense at some point in the coming months ...

Top contender: Detroit Lions

The Lions have the makings of their best offensive line in years. Bob Quinn wisely addressed that area in free agency -- scooping up right tackle Ricky Wagner and right guard T.J. Lang -- knowing it's a weak O-line class in the 2017 draft. Matthew Stafford has to be thrilled with his new friends up front. Now the Lions can focus on the running back position to make the offense really hum.

NFC SOUTH

Favorite: Atlanta Falcons

The reigning NFC champs will have to deal with the ultimate Super Bowl hangover, after choking in historic fashion on the game's biggest stage. And they'll have to do so without the AP a.ssistant Coach of the Year, as offensive wiz Kyle Shanahan has taken the reins in San Francisco. But on the player side, the NFL's top scoring unit remains intact. NFL MVP Matt Ryan will have all of his favorite toys (Julio Jones, Mohamed Sanu, Taylor Gabriel, Devonta Freeman, Tevin Coleman) at his disposal again in 2017. And the defense, which improved throughout the 2016 campaign, added a big piece (literally and figuratively) in 346-pound DT Dontari Poe. No huge surprise, as Falcons a.ssistant GM Scott Pioli was the man who drafted Poe to Kansas City in the first round back in 2012.

Top contender: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tampa was close last year. DeSean Jackson is the perfect pickup to stretch the field, make splash plays and make the Jameis Winston-Mike Evans connection that much better. This team is ready for prime time, and better than the Saints and Panthers. But if New Orleans trades for Malcolm Butler ...

NFC WEST

Favorite: Seattle Seahawks

Pete Carroll says Earl Thomas is "way ahead of schedule" in his rehab from a broken leg -- and that's everything. As we saw down the stretch last season, this defense just isn't the same without No. 29 patrolling center field. I liked the Eddie Lacy pickup -- he adds needed depth at running back. It's not a classic Seattle team without Marshawn Lynch and with a highly suspect O-line, but the defense is still nasty and Russell Wilson is still great.

Top contender: Arizona Cardinals

Yes, Arizona lost Calais Campbell and Tony Jefferson in free agency. But this team still oozes talent. And getting Tyrann Mathieu back from injury is gigantic. Last year was a major disappointment, but the Cardinals have improved the special teams and the core of the roster. Overall, this team is just too strong. I expect a major bounceback in 2017.

AFC EAST

Favorite: New England Patriots

As I wrote last week, it's not too early to plan the Patriots' parade in 2018. This team is loaded. Tom Brady is going to love playing with a true No. 1 receiver and a speedster in Brandin Cooks. Not to mention, Rob Gronkowski is coming back. (Yeah, don't forget -- the Pats just won a Super Bowl without Gronk. Scary.) And Dwayne Allen replaces Martellus Bennett in the TE2 slot. Don't overlook Dont'a Hightower's re-signing. That guy's just a winner -- and the second-most-valuable player after Brady on the team. This wasn't a Jaime Collins situation. Lastly, Stephon Gilmore and Kony Ealy will make the defense better.

It's Bill Belichick's world and we are just living in it.

Top contender: Buffalo Bills

Before Dolphins fans go nuts, it was close. And it's March. And I still wanna see Ryan Tannehill take the next step. But I love that Buffalo retained Tyrod Taylor. He's a good quarterback who will get even better now that he's no longer a pawn in a corrosive game between the coach, GM and owner. New head coach Sean McDermott is a gem; a buttoned-up guy who's a true workaholic. He's just the kind of guy this organization needed: the antithesis of Rex Ryan. The defense will take a major step forward. And the penalties will go down.

AFC NORTH

Favorite: Pittsburgh Steelers

Ben's not retiring. Bell got the franchise tag. Brown rightly got a new deal. The k!ller Bs remain intact. And thus, the Steelers are the favorites. That said, I can't call them Super Bowl favorites until I see improvement on the defensive side of the ball.

Top contender: Baltimore Ravens

Quietly and unsurprisingly, Baltimore has enjoyed a very solid offseason thus far, with the additions of Tony Jefferson and Danny Woodhead, as well as the re-upping of Brandon Williams. The Ravens have such a fantastic front office, and a strong coach in John Harbaugh. Cincinnati looks like a shell of its former self with another offseason of attrition.

AFC SOUTH

Favorite: Houston Texans

J.J. Watt comes back to front a defense that just finished No. 1 in total D without its three-time Defensive Player of the Year. I'd feel a bit better if Tony Romo were the starter, as opposed to Tom Savage. And that definitely could still happen. But if not? Well, at least Savage and Bill O'Brien will be on the same page, something that definitely wasn't the case with Brock Osweiler.

Top contender: Jacksonville Jaguars

I loved the signings of Calais Campbell and A.J. Bouye. The defense will be much better in 2017. And now, they actually have a real head coach in Doug Marrone.

AFC WEST

Favorite: Oakland Raiders

Recently on my SiriusXM radio show, "Schein On Sports," Derek Carr told me he'll be 100 percent for camp. That's all I needed to know. (Getting Carr another weapon in tight end Jared Cook didn't hurt, either.)

Top contender: Kansas City Chiefs

In this file last year, I said the Broncos "could finish anywhere from first to third in the West." Well, it ended up being the latter. And I see them finishing there again in 2017. Meanwhile, the Chiefs were smart enough to keep Eric Berry and cut the cord on Jamaal Charles. Both things had to happen. And this is a solid team that should win 10-plus games again this year.

visit this link http://www.nfl.com/news/s .. -top-contender
Tmac225 and 2 others gave props

Iceberg010 slapped this ish

56 comments for "Sixteen teams to watch: Each division's favorite, top contender"

4 months ago '11        #2
KING JAYY 525 heat pts525
space
space
$50,750 | Props total: 17181 17181
bills over phins?
number12 and 4 others gave props

4 months ago '17        #3
number12 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,013 | Props total: 2994 2994
People still buying the trash a.ss Bills hype
KeepinItTrill and 6 others gave props

dtdroid and 1 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '07        #4
KeepinItTrill 27 heat pts27 OP
space
space
 number12 said:

yall did get smacked by Pitt though
number12 gave props

Road Runner slapped this ish

4 months ago '16        #5
Bmay91 9 heat pts
space
space
$268 | Props total: 486 486
 KeepinItTrill said:
NFC EAST

AFC SOUTH

Favorite: Houston Texans

J.J. Watt comes back to front a defense that just finished No. 1 in total D without its three-time Defensive Player of the Year. I'd feel a bit better if Tony Romo were the starter, as opposed to Tom Savage. And that definitely could still happen. But if not? Well, at least Savage and Bill O'Brien will be on the same page, something that definitely wasn't the case with Brock Osweiler.

Top contender: Jacksonville Jaguars

I loved the signings of Calais Campbell and A.J. Bouye. The defense will be much better in 2017. And now, they actually have a real head coach in Doug Marrone.

Jacksonville about to choke like usual, and it's a joke to think Tom Savage can lead a team to a division title, even in our sh*t AFC south.
Indy's comin' back for that #1 spot!

@ @ @ @ @

Roll Call
mdothaze and 4 others gave props

UrbanEnterprise and 1 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '07        #6
space
space
 Bmay91 said:
Jacksonville about to choke like usual, and it's a joke to think Tom Savage can lead a team to a division title, even in our sh*t AFC south.

@ @ @ @ @

Roll Call
Texans have that defense returning minus Bouye, but adding Watt

and they might get Romo, or draft somebody

that pass rush is gonna be nasty for Houston goddamn
Bleezy and 1 others gave props

4 months ago '17        #7
number12 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 KeepinItTrill said:

yall did get smacked by Pitt without your starting QB though
KeepinItTrill gave props

4 months ago '05        #8
Danger Zone 58 heat pts58
space
space
$33,359 | Props total: 16621 16621

We shall see
 4 months ago '10        #9
JETSoverERTHING 171 heat pts171
space
space
$22,175 | Props total: 5336 5336
Back to back
Mack2o5 gave props

4 months ago '05        #10
TattooedMPsz 45 heat pts45
space
space
$24,408 | Props total: 6052 6052
Bucs
Robert 310 gave props

4 months ago '08        #11
Eagles All Day 84 heat pts84
space
space
$31,544 | Props total: 10171 10171
Love these predictions, they are always wrong
JeezusPrice and 1 others gave props

4 months ago '12        #12
TheThreadLord 1776 heat pts1776
space
space
$9,193 | Props total: 2435 2435
 Bmay91 said:

@ @ @ @ @

Roll Call
what if JJ watt wasn't on the texans?
 4 months ago '16        #13
BDON 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,623 | Props total: 3796 3796
 number12 said:
Ppl still think Tannehill will be a franchise qb..... Bills and Dolphins are neck and neck.
number12 and 1 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '14        #14
Sir Tits McGee 
space
space
$2,091 | Props total: 885 885
 BDON said:
Ppl still think Tannehill will be a franchise qb..... Bills and Dolphins are neck and neck.
Lmao right?

Tannehill is average, they are no threat in the playoffs with him

Still better than our qbs tho
Kadroan slapped this ish

4 months ago '17        #15
number12 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 BDON said:
Tannehill is starting to prove himself to earn that tag. Can't say the Bills earned all the hype they been getting for the past couple years.
 4 months ago '07        #16
space
space
 Eagles All Day said:
Love these predictions, they are always wrong
AFCW is gonna be right though
 4 months ago '16        #17
BDON 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,623 | Props total: 3796 3796
 number12 said:
Tannehill is starting to prove himself to earn that tag. Can't say the Bills earned all the hype they been getting for the past couple years.
Taylor is just as good and I'd even say better. Bills had injuries galore on D last year, Lawson, Ragland, dareus, Williams plus Watkins all year on O and they were still in the playoff race until the last couple weeks. They were signing wr's off the street and starting them the same week because all their receivers were hurt. Bills and dolphins will compete for 2nd in afce and wild card. Not sure why you think that's so outlandish
 4 months ago '17        #18
number12 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 BDON said:
Taylor is just as good and I'd even say better. Bills had injuries galore on D last year, Lawson, Ragland, dareus, Williams plus Watkins all year on O and they were still in the playoff race until the last couple weeks. They were signing wr's off the street and starting them the same week because all their receivers were hurt. Bills and dolphins will compete for 2nd in afce and wild card. Not sure why you think that's so outlandish
Well, I disagree greatly on your opinion of Tyrod but it what it is. You can say something similar for the dolphins when we came the down stretch for the playoffs and then made the playoffs. When we was without our two starting safeties, two starting outside linebackers, one of our starting corners, our starting center, and starting QB. I got no problem with someone saying the bills can compete for those two spots..just have a problem when they're saying that they're ahead of the dolphins in terms of competing for those two spots as I thought this team would garner enough respect as a already good team but it seems like they have to prove themselves again.

Last edited by number12; 03-20-2017 at 01:08 PM..
 4 months ago '07        #19
space
space
 number12 said:
Well, I disagree greatly on your opinion of Tyrod but it what it is. You can say something similar for the dolphins when we came the down stretch for the playoffs and then made the playoffs. When we was without our two starting safeties, two starting outside linebackers, one of our starting corners, our starting center, and starting QB. I got no problem with someone saying the bills can compete for those two spots..just have a problem when they're saying that they're ahead of the dolphins in terms of competing for those two spots as I thought this team would garner enough respect as a already good team but it seems like they have to prove themselves again.
this would be the year, yall play our division

with that said I don't see you beating 3/4 of the teams in the AFCW
number12 gave props

4 months ago '17        #20
number12 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 KeepinItTrill said:
this would be the year, yall play our division

with that said I don't see you beating 3/4 of the teams in the AFCW
I say as of now a healthy dolphins team are on level of the Chiefs, Broncos and Texans. The draft and whoever get Romo can change all of that though.
KeepinItTrill and 1 others gave props

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jul 24 - Facebook worker living in garage to Zuckerberg: challenges ou..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside No Foreign
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bernice Burgo's 21 yr old daughter
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nike Air Force 1 "Logo Print Pack"
15 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside You've been lied to: 401K IS A SCAM
135 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Movies They(execs) thought were going to be Hits.
169 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside The Game for Madden Haters just Dropped
53 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Now is the worst time to buy a smartphone
68 comments
1 day ago