Mar 20 - Millennials, like Chance the Rapper, just want to move back in with mom and dad

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside School Boy Q disses BX's Golden Boy Drake
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Fake Miami Dolphin player has been scamming white women for years
77 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Lavar and SAS going at each other on first take
64 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Leaked Brad Pitt pictures released online...
35 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

3 days ago '13        #1
5849 pageviews
135 comments

misterethoughts 108 heat pts108
space
space
$647 | Props total: 2199 2199
Mar 20 - Millennials, like Chance the Rapper, just want to move back in with mom and dad

ou can go home again. In fact, Chance the Rapper encourages it.

The 23-year-old Grammy-winning artist revealed he’s considering crashing with his folks again, like 1 in 3 other Millennials.

“Like, I’m honestly, in real life, thinking about moving in with my parents right now,” the “No Problem” rapper and new father of a 1-year-old daughter recently admitted to Complex. “I think, anybody, if they were in my position – if they were 23 with a kid for the first time and were working – they would find comfort in being able to stay with their parents.”

But even 30-somethings without kids are willingly returning to the nest.

On paper, 32-year-old Ashley has her life together: She works for a hedge fund and lives on the upper East Side.

But this fall, she’s moving back to Rockville Centre, L.I. to stay with her parents. Her lease is up, and she’s ready to switch jobs and finally start squirreling away some money instead of spending it all on rent.

“I would love to save about $10,000 in five months,” she said, noting that many friends and colleagues in the New York tri-state area are doing the same.

“Our generation is not given the opportunity to save. Student loan debt overcomes you so much,” she said. “So if you’re over the age of 30, and you can find a way to go home and save an extra 10 grand – the thought of that is pretty tempting. And pretty smart.”

No wonder crashing with parents is now the most common young adult living arrangement, according to a recent survey by the Pew Research Center. This backs a complimenting report analyzing Census data that found more 20-somethings are living with parents, stepparents, grandparents and relatives today than in the past 75 years.

It’s not that Millennials are lazy. Quite the opposite. More than half (56%) are saddled with student loan payments largely responsible for their failure to launch. Or they’re in school longer. Some 8% of 30-year-olds were still working on their degrees in 2015, which is eight times the number of 30-year-olds continuing their education in 1975.

And sometimes life just throws a curveball – and who better to help you swing at it than your folks?

Alexandria Finfer, 23, was living and working with her boyfriend in Los Angeles. But after both their food truck business and their relationship fell apart, Finfer moved back to Philadelphia to stay with her mom. She commutes to Manhattan for work, and says there’s “no way I’d be able to support myself” making $2,000 a month in the TV and film industry.

It helps that she’s not alone. “I used to be embarrassed about it, especially when I’d go on dates,” she said. “But you’d be surprised how many times, when I tell guys I live at home, they tell me ‘Oh, I do, too.’”

And sometimes coming home is just as much about emotional support as it is about finances.

Dylan’s five-year marriage ended three years ago, and her ex-husband saddled her with more than $10,000 in debt. The 37-year-old was grateful that her mom and dad welcomed her back into their upper Manhattan apartment while she got back on her feet.

“It’s nice to have people to talk to about all of this stuff that was going on. I’m lucky to have that soft landing place and that emotional support,” said Dylan, who’s worked and saved enough to pay down almost all of that debt. She plans to move into her own apartment with her new boyfriend this summer.

“There’s less than $1,000 to go, and living with my folks allowed me to do it,” she said.

visit this link https://moneyish.com/hoar .. h-mom-and-dad/
hot topic and 6 others gave props

Dun Language and 2 others slapped this ish

135 comments for "Mar 20 - Millennials, like Chance the Rapper, just want to move back in with mom and dad"

3 days ago '11        #2
default28 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,547 | Props total: 733 733
got me thinking.
DavidAames729 gave props

3 days ago '05        #3
pnoi89 9 heat pts
space
space
$10,399 | Props total: 2889 2889
I am a millenial and would gladly live together with my parents one day.

Currently, my plans with my sister and her family is undergoing with eventually ending up in a multi-family house where we could pitch in all our incomes together to relieve ourselves from financial stress.
JudasHatesJesus and 32 others gave props

xanaxandbeer and 4 others slapped this ish

3 days ago '10        #4
stizz44 22 heat pts22
space
space
$1,721 | Props total: 1261 1261
sh*t, I want to move back into my moms crib too! Too bad for me, my older brother, niece, nephew, and two older sisters already living up in there.

no room for me!
Frankybaby and 26 others gave props

3 days ago '15        #5
AROD MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,090 | Props total: 7361 7361
sh*t too real out here
Black Naja haje and 30 others gave props

3 days ago '12        #6
fatdaddy 1 heat pts
space
space
$623 | Props total: 547 547
economic changes lead to social changes

Hakim Cobain and 34 others gave props

3 days ago '04        #7
Hakim Cobain 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,674 | Props total: 3690 3690
I was so ready to move out after high school, I couldn't see myself living with my momma.
jbzy and 23 others gave props

3 days ago '12        #8
Frankybaby 114 heat pts114
space
space
$4,761 | Props total: 4354 4354
jetlife510 gave props

3 days ago '06        #9
D.O.H. 
space
space
$4,960 | Props total: 560 560
I do think the new trend will be people people staying at home until they're ready to move in with a gf/bf or getting married, rather than moving out by yourself first.
AdRock and 15 others gave props

3 days ago '17        #10
Black Naja haje 24 heat pts24
space
space
$583 | Props total: 3105 3105
It's hard out hea
Mindfulness and 7 others gave props

Billmatic21 slapped this ish

3 days ago '09        #11
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$24,271 | Props total: 5034 5034
 default28 said:
got me thinking.
my friend just turned 25, is working on his MBA, moved back in with his parents at 22, saved a sh*tload of cash and bought a condo, paid it straight cash, and is renting it out, he works at a firm where he gets paid 60k before bonuses and merit
increases

he's about to buy his 2nd condo straight cash and then rent it out

now the key is, you have to actually have parents that have a big home imo, his parents have a 6 bedroom home, so its not like his parents have a 2 bedroom apartment, dude can live at home comfortably and not get on anyones nerves when he invites friends or chicks over

when girls ask him about living with his parents he tells them his financial goals and leaving the house with "x" amount in savings, 3 rental properties, and his retirement fund set so he can retire at 50

most girls are cool with that and imo most of them like that sh*t, but once again his parents dont have a small house or apartment so he can do that
dc3003 and 33 others gave props

The Gary Group slapped this ish

3 days ago '09        #12
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$24,271 | Props total: 5034 5034
 Hakim Cobain said:
I was so ready to move out after high school, I couldn't see myself living with my momma.
you might have had parents who actually wanted you out or didnt mind you leaving, alot of these parents have "empty nest" syndrome so they dont mind the kid coming back

all depends on the parents and the kid
ThunderThor24 and 17 others gave props

3 days ago '09        #13
jbzy 
space
space
space
$40 | Props total: 91 91
lol
ENAK and 1 others gave props

j-real and 1 others slapped this ish

3 days ago '11        #14
jayevryday 
space
space
space
$470 | Props total: 592 592
Man i had to do this recently

Was on my own since my early 20s but had lost my job for 10 years

Plus starting my own business i had to make sacrifices

My parents aint want my black a.ss back though
2loaf and 36 others gave props

3 days ago '11        #15
2loaf 
space
space
$984 | Props total: 272 272
Im back with my parents trying to save money and leave again. This is gonna be my third time moving out
I move to another city, come back for a few months, save up and do it again. I think this is gonna be my last time doing this sh*t tho, I'm 26 I need to find something long term now. I can't keep bouncing from job to job.
Klasicktha1 and 14 others gave props

SinceWayback slapped this ish

3 days ago '05        #16
Junior G 112 heat pts112
space
space
space
$52,640 | Props total: 5228 5228
85% of BX don't even need to read this article
ThunderThor24 and 22 others gave props

3 days ago '06        #17
SkateboardT 27 heat pts27
space
space
$17,417 | Props total: 10713 10713
been back and forth twice, about to go back a third time because my lease is up in June and I'm moving in August so...no point to live with my one friend who has a family or my other friend who has a dirty a.ss house for two months.

Last edited by SkateboardT; 03-20-2017 at 05:14 PM..
2loaf gave props

3 days ago '08        #18
Keno 15 heat pts15
space
space
$6,313 | Props total: 1489 1489
Not going back..unlike a lot of millenials me moving in with Moms left me with paying more than half the bills (defeats the purpose of moving back.) Out happily on my own now.
SimpinAintEz and 1 others gave props

3 days ago '12        #19
Melle 43 heat pts43
space
space
$3,358 | Props total: 835 835
Moved back with my Mom last June after a Yr living by myself in Philly.. I got further careerwise to the where I live on the road.. Pointless to hold down a spot again if I'm hardly ever going to be there!

In the past 9 Months since moving back I've been on the Road for 5 Months.. I like living back at home when I have downtime bc it allows me to think more Peacefully which helps me Plan better for the Future when things takeoff

Edit: I don't knock anyone who truly lives back at Home.. I'm 25 & this generation was molded Yrs ago on an Era that no longer exists! Technology & sh*tty Business policies gave most our jobs to ppl overseas & now computers

Last edited by Melle; 03-20-2017 at 05:00 PM..
Dro24 and 6 others gave props

3 days ago '11        #20
indagame 16 heat pts16
space
space
$6,634 | Props total: 3755 3755
 Jacc Blacc said:
my friend just turned 25, is working on his MBA, moved back in with his parents at 22, saved a sh*tload of cash and bought a condo, paid it straight cash, and is renting it out, he works at a firm where he gets paid 60k before bonuses and merit
increases

he's about to buy his 2nd condo straight cash and then rent it out

now the key is, you have to actually have parents that have a big home imo, his parents have a 6 bedroom home, so its not like his parents have a 2 bedroom apartment, dude can live at home comfortably and not get on anyones nerves when he invites friends or chicks over

when girls ask him about living with his parents he tells them his financial goals and leaving the house with "x" amount in savings, 3 rental properties, and his retirement fund set so he can retire at 50

most girls are cool with that and imo most of them like that sh*t, but once again his parents dont have a small house or apartment so he can do that
If everything goes according to plan I should be working on my masters next year at 25 as well. I don't have money to rent out a condo though

The plan is to try and get an apartment. I'm working full time right now, just moved back and living with my parents. I want to move out so badly but if I want to get an apartment when I move away and work on my masters probably best to save the money.

Last edited by indagame; 03-20-2017 at 04:59 PM..
AdRock gave props

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melina Can Do the Splits on This D1ck
85 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Mar 22 - Legendary Mafia Goon Depicted In Goodfellas Arrested With Got..
66 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Uk Rapper Giggs Blasts Samuel L Jackson
85 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Hallie Jade Mathers
94 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside What part of the game is this?
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Facial Recognition Software Lets You Find Your 2,000-Year-Old Face Dou..
71 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Man rides bike with refrigerator in his left hand (super soldier serum ..
49 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Husband Supports Wife In Court After She Fu€Ks 14yr Old Numerous Times..
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy