February 2016 NPD: PlayStation 4 was the top-selling console last month

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '16        #1
2086 page views
31 comments

Jody 29 heat pts29
space
space
$2,482 | Props total: 5331 5331
February 2016 NPD: PlayStation 4 was the top-selling console last month

It’s the last month before Nintendo will start making the monthly sales report more interesting. For now, Sony’s momentum continues.

PlayStation 4 was the top-selling console in the United States in February, according to data from industry-tracking firm The NPD Group that Sony shared with GamesBeat. The PS4 outperformed the Xbox One and the now-defunct Wii U. This is the fourth month in a row that Sony’s console landed in the No. 1 position on this sales chart.
Sony’s success last month makes sense considering the consoles parade of hit releases. Developer Team Ninja’s character-action game Nioh hit the system February 7. Capcom launched Resident Evil 7 with exclusive virtual reality support for the PSVR on the last day of January. And Sony capped off the month with the critically acclaimed Horizon Zero Dawn.

All of those games likely boosted sales, and Sony didn’t have to worry about too much competition because Switch didn’t launch until March 3 and Microsoft’s biggest exclusive was the real-time strategy game Halo Wars 2, which likely appeals to a smaller audience.

Last edited by Jody; 03-12-2017 at 07:06 PM..

31 comments for "February 2016 NPD: PlayStation 4 was the top-selling console last month"

2 years ago '05        #2
WCIB 120 heat pts120
space
space
$26,577 | Props total: 12856 12856
Why the smilies?

Your pops owns shares in the company, fam?

2 years ago '04        #3
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,594 | Props total: 5290 5290
Good for Sony and it's shareholders

2 years ago '15        #4
amarti9 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,072 | Props total: 4487 4487
Bruh who is running the Xbox division over at Microsoft????

How did something so promising get crushed so thoroughly by PS4. Don't get me wrong I'm a ride or die PS4 groupie. Love playstation. But had hopes xbox was going to eventually be the future.

I really though xbox was going to do 3 revolutionary things:

1. Become Your Desktop Computer: The way they were talking about the xbox1 I literally thought it was going to be my new desktop computer with my 55 in flat screen as my new monitor.

2. New Internet Provider Again I heard and read this was in the works. Remember the whole uproar over must have your Xbox connected to the internet all the time? Well originally it was alleged that Microsoft was going into internet service game. They would be the new ISP on the block offering competitive service to AT&T, Cox, and Google. But alas....smh.

3. Your New Cable Service: Again, similar to what playstation vue is for the PS4, where is the Xbox or Microsoft version. Sling tv doesn't count. I have Vue and love it so far. Xbox continues to lag behind. Where you at Bill Gates?

All three of these things combined were part of the promise that Xbox 1 would replace every entertainment device you have setup next to your tv. "One box does it all", they said. Smh.

As has been said many times before,.......Xbox lost.

2 years ago '16        #5
PartiaI Reader 12 heat pts12
space
space
$2,102 | Props total: 7445 7445

2 years ago '05        #6
WCIB 120 heat pts120
space
space
 amarti9 said
I'm a ride or die PS4 groupie.

2 years ago '04        #7
space
space
 amarti9 said
Bruh who is running the Xbox division over at Microsoft????

How did something so promising get crushed so thoroughly by PS4. Don't get me wrong I'm a ride or die PS4 groupie. Love playstation. But had hopes xbox was going to eventually be the future.

I really though xbox was going to do 3 revolutionary things:

1. Become Your Desktop Computer: The way they were talking about the xbox1 I literally thought it was going to be my new desktop computer with my 55 in flat screen as my new monitor.

2. New Internet Provider Again I heard and read this was in the works. Remember the whole uproar over must have your Xbox connected to the internet all the time? Well originally it was alleged that Microsoft was going into internet service game. They would be the new ISP on the block offering competitive service to AT&T, Cox, and Google. But alas....smh.

3. Your New Cable Service: Again, similar to what playstation vue is for the PS4, where is the Xbox or Microsoft version. Sling tv doesn't count. I have Vue and love it so far. Xbox continues to lag behind. Where you at Bill Gates?

All three of these things combined were part of the promise that Xbox 1 would replace every entertainment device you have setup next to your tv. "One box does it all", they said. Smh.

As has been said many times before,.......Xbox lost.
Xbox one does all that you listed. I don't recall them ever saying they were going to start up thier own ISP. (I could be wrong but don't recall this), and the Xbox one can be used as your cable set top box. It does run MS edge browser.

2 years ago '15        #8
amarti9 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,072 | Props total: 4487 4487
 Da Ill One said
Xbox one does all that you listed. I don't recall them ever saying they were going to start up thier own ISP. (I could be wrong but don't recall this), and the Xbox one can be used as your cable set top box. It does run MS edge browser.

I have cable, I'm not talking about running a cable cord into your xbox1 to view service through it. Like I had Cox cable and I ran a cable line into the xbox1 to view my cable. Not talking about that. Where's xbox1 vue? Like where is the response to ps4's version. Ps4 Vue is the cable and is provided by ps4 through digital internet service.

As far as the Xbox1 taking over as a desktop.
Back before the release of both systems, the E3 promos for the Xbox we're preaching how that they werent just going after the Ps4 market but the PC/internet and cable markets as well. Basically Xbox vs the world.

This was Microsoft's goal when they first came up with the first xbox, that it would eventually be the COMPLETE source of any and all digital entertainment through the net. Thus the original idea of having your xbox1 always connected to the internet

Looking Back its easy to see and realized that either they oversold/overpromised or they bit off more than they could chew. Not gonna lie I was wavering on Ps4 when I heard all of this. My friends at work were hyping the hell out of this. Alas, they too were disappointed and eventually came over to ps4.

2 years ago '04        #9
space
space
 amarti9 said
I have cable, I'm not talking about running a cable cord into your xbox1 to view service through it. Like I had Cox cable and I ran a cable line into the xbox1 to view my cable. Not talking about that. Where's xbox1 vue? Like where is the response to ps4's version. Ps4 Vue is the cable and is provided by ps4 through digital internet service.

As far as the Xbox1 taking over as a desktop.
Back before the release of both systems, the E3 promos for the Xbox we're preaching how that they werent just going after the Ps4 market but the PC/internet and cable markets as well. Basically Xbox vs the world.

This was Microsoft's goal when they first came up with the first xbox, that it would eventually be the COMPLETE source of any and all digital entertainment through the net. Thus the original idea of having your xbox1 always connected to the internet

Looking Back its easy to see and realized that either they oversold/overpromised or they bit off more than they could chew. Not gonna lie I was wavering on Ps4 when I heard all of this. My friends at work were hyping the hell out of this. Alas, they too were disappointed and eventually came over to ps4.
Xbox games coming to PC is what they were referring too and that's what's happening now, with the play anywhere.

I don't know where MS's Vue is but they could still be working on it?

Im just saying almost everything they said has happened already or is being worked on, probably taking longer then they wanted/expected it too. But the Xbox one is pretty much an all in one box now.

2 years ago '09        #10
dadon85 137 heat pts137
space
space
space
$33,168 | Props total: 17013 17013
Crazy how far behind Xbox is.

I love it. Play catch up and give us everything we want

2 years ago '16        #11
Jody 29 heat pts29 OP
space
space
$2,482 | Props total: 5331 5331
 dadon85 said
Crazy how far behind Xbox is.

I love it. Play catch up and give us everything we want
I dont think thats whats going on but keep faith man.....

2 years ago '11        #12
CALViiiN 704 heat pts704
space
space
$19,537 | Props total: 40391 40391
#PlayStationNation

2 years ago '16        #13
Novii 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$330 | Props total: 1420 1420
Sony's wave right now is unreal.

The amount of Triple A games that have over 8.5 scores across critics is fu*king stupid. As a gamer, I finish one game and literally the next dope game is already releasing or has been released. I went from Nioh, to For Honor, to Horizon, to Nier and they have more titles coming up. And im just talking about since Feb started.

They're on pace to beat the Ps2. And with numbers like that you gotta at least be curious as to wtf is going on with Sony because they're about to hit a nuke off this k!ll streak.

2 years ago '16        #14
Nuff Said 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,352 | Props total: 2053 2053
I wish the psp would get the same love and support. That sh*t should be top of its class.

2 years ago '09        #15
dadon85 137 heat pts137
space
space
space
$33,168 | Props total: 17013 17013
2017 Sony bringing the greatness.

Crash remaster , can't wait

2 years ago '07        #16
boobizzy 24 heat pts24
space
space
space
$4,766 | Props total: 2669 2669
 Novii said
Sony's wave right now is unreal.

The amount of Triple A games that have over 8.5 scores across critics is fu*king stupid. As a gamer, I finish one game and literally the next dope game is already releasing or has been released. I went from Nioh, to For Honor, to Horizon, to Nier and they have more titles coming up. And im just talking about since Feb started.

They're on pace to beat the Ps2. And with numbers like that you gotta at least be curious as to wtf is going on with Sony because they're about to hit a nuke off this k!ll streak.

Bruh quit it. This string of exclusives is the first time it's happened on the PS4 since its release.

2 years ago '16        #17
Novii 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 boobizzy said
Bruh quit it. This string of exclusives is the first time it's happened on the PS4 since its release.
You're absolutely right.

But are you going to say that PS4 doesn't have nasty exlusives before feb?

Uncharted? Final Fantasy 15? No mans Sky? Last Guardian?

I can name more?

Just now they're dropping back to back

2 years ago '07        #18
Jumbo Rondo 67 heat pts67
space
space
$27,095 | Props total: 28574 28574
 Novii said
You're absolutely right.

I can name more?

No Mans Sky and Last Guardian were flops,FFXV isnt an exclusive.

2 years ago '14        #19
LocdUpProd 679 heat pts679
space
space
$15,479 | Props total: 10169 10169
 TonyRomoGod said
And that's why people like you are the downfall of gaming. Buying consoles to watch movies, listen to music and browse the web. Using it for anything but gaming
aint no exclusive games on the xbox so
what are you saying again?

2 years ago '14        #20
LocdUpProd 679 heat pts679
space
space
$15,479 | Props total: 10169 10169
 boobizzy said
 Novii said
You're absolutely right.

I can name more?

FFXV aint exclusive fool

I bleed GREEN said
No Mans Sky and Last Guardian were flops,FFXV isnt an exclusive.
Last Guardian got a 82 on metacritic
Gears of war 4 (not exclusive) got a 84 on metacritic
neither one flopped

Gravity Rush, Ratchet & Clank, MLB, The King of f!ghters XIV, etc all in 2016

2 years ago '05        #21
WCIB 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Novii said
You're absolutely right.

I can name more?

Not exclusive.

2 years ago '05        #22
Krazie 136 heat pts136
space
space
$47,585 | Props total: 25153 25153
My man said Final Fantasy 15

2 years ago '16        #23
Novii 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Snow said
FFXV aint exclusive fool

Last Guardian got a 82 on metacritic
Gears of war 4 (not exclusive) got a 84 on metacritic
neither one flopped

Gravity Rush, Ratchet & Clank, MLB, The King of f!ghters XIV, etc all in 2016
You right, I forgot that they cross'd it afterwards.

Was supposed to be an exclusive, guess they sold out after.

2 years ago '16        #24
Novii 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Krazie said
My man said Final Fantasy 15
I forgot they changed after it went from versus to xv

Let me live

2 years ago '05        #25
TonyCartagena 
space
space
space
$6,638 | Props total: 28312 28312

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  22
Wassup With This Nigga Cassidy All Jokes Aside
99 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+144online now  14
Nice Pawg
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+33online now  14
Dec 16 - How Britain stole $45 trillion from India
84 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  8
Image(s) inside Travis Scott STICKS BY his word and SONS KANYE
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  7
NFL Week 15: Philadelphia Eages(6-7) vs Los Angeles Rams(11-2) Official Game T..
797 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  7
Video inside Tupac’s Quad Studio Robber Dexter Isaac Says Pacs Man Stretch Set Him U..
192 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  7
Video inside *New* World War Z Trailer 4!!!
17 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
-19online now  6
3 kids or 50 bodies which one will be your queen?
111 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy