Looking for a good RPG (PC)

most viewed right now
+55  77
37 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '04        #1
1211 page views
28 comments

EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,801 | Props total: 707 707
Looking for a good RPG (PC)

My Xbox just sh*t the bed right when I was just getting into Final Fantasy 15. So while I wait, wondering if there are any good engaging RPGs for PC with a good story?

I know PC has a sh*t ton of MMOs, don't know if I'm trying to put that much time into one, and to be honest they kind of bore me.

To get an idea, I'm a turn-based and action kind of guy, I like games like Fable, Witcher 3, Skyrim, Fallout, etc, but also sh*t like Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics, etc. Played all of those, of course, so if you guys have any ideas on similar games let me hear em.

28 comments for "Looking for a good RPG (PC)"

2 years ago '04        #2
kulabear 23 heat pts23
space
space
$10,916 | Props total: 1648 1648
 EGO said
My Xbox just sh*t the bed right when I was just getting into Final Fantasy 15. So while I wait, wondering if there are any good engaging RPGs for PC with a good story?

I know PC has a sh*t ton of MMOs, don't know if I'm trying to put that much time into one, and to be honest they kind of bore me.

To get an idea, I'm a turn-based and action kind of guy, I like games like Fable, Witcher 3, Skyrim, Fallout, etc, but also sh*t like Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics, etc. Played all of those, of course, so if you guys have any ideas on similar games let me hear em.
First game I'm gonna mention is Atlas Reactor. It's a 4v4 online turn based strategy/team deathmatch game. It is a legit good game.

Top down rpgs.

Divinity Original Sin is a good one to start.
Pillars of Eternity if you have a good deal of time.
Tyranny is another.

For the tactics\fire emblem I'd say Xcom 1 or 2. Be warned this game will bend you over and have it's way with you.
Wasteland 2 is really good, turn based and in the style of the original Fallouts.
Darkest Dungeon
Hard West is slept on.

That's all I got off the top of my head. @ @

2 years ago '16        #3
Vega 37 heat pts37
space
space
$4,743 | Props total: 10072 10072
Nier Automata

just came out on PS4. Coming out on PC March 17th.

2 years ago '05        #4
P-Hill|M 28 heat pts28
space
space
$39,006 | Props total: 15276 15276
When @ speaks... listen

Learn from this.

Last edited by P-Hill; 03-09-2017 at 08:33 AM..

2 years ago '12        #5
Faythung 1391 heat pts1391
space
space
$15,387 | Props total: 10233 10233
 P-Hill said
When @kulaber speaks... listen

Learn from this.
Yes, @kulaber is wise.

@ is a fu*king idiot though.

2 years ago '05        #6
MP 58 heat pts58
space
space
$26,689 | Props total: 10407 10407
Your xbox blew up for karma for pulling a fast one on the gameshare thing

2 years ago '05        #7
P-Hill|M 28 heat pts28
space
space
 Faythung said
Yes, @kulaber is wise.

why you adding typos to my quote?

2 years ago '07        #8
CadillacVyse 1018 heat pts1018
space
space
space
$28,742 | Props total: 21033 21033
If you don't mind alot of reading Tyranny was one of my favorite games of last year.

Combat is "Real Time Turn Based with Pause" meaning you aren't controlling units but giving orders and issuing commands. AI is pretty good. Has cool combos and spells

Story is pretty awesome. You are a judge dredd type character spreading the will of an evil overlord. Heavily choice and skill based.

Love the characters and setting. Wasnt overly long. Story great. Setting was one of my fav in a game in a while.

9/10 from me.

Last edited by CadillacVyse; 03-09-2017 at 11:08 AM..

2 years ago '10        #9
KJHARDY 85 heat pts85
space
space
$24,967 | Props total: 16201 16201
 P-Hill said
When @ speaks... listen

Learn from this.
 Faythung said
Yes, @kulaber is wise.

P-Hill said

2 years ago '12        #10
Faythung 1391 heat pts1391
space
space
$15,387 | Props total: 10233 10233
 P-Hill said
Last edited by P-Hill; Today at 02:33 PM..

2 years ago '07        #11
CadillacVyse 1018 heat pts1018
space
space
space
$28,742 | Props total: 21033 21033
 Faythung said

Yall sooo petty

2 years ago '04        #12
EGO 55 heat pts55 OP
space
space
thnanks for the suggestions yall. Been hearing about Nier Automata, I have a PS4 should I just buy it there if it's out already? In the meantime I think Divinity looks good, gonna check that out first

2 years ago '04        #13
EGO 55 heat pts55 OP
space
space
 CadillacVyse said
If you don't mind alot of reading Tyranny was one of my favorite games of last year.

Combat is "Real Time Turn Based with Pause" meaning you aren't controlling units but giving orders and issuing commands. AI is pretty good. Has cool combos and spells

Story is pretty awesome. You are a judge dredd type character spreading the will of an evil overlord. Heavily choice and skill based.

Love the characters and setting. Wasnt overly long. Story great. Setting was one of my fav in a game in a while.

9/10 from me.
Yea I should have mentioned that games which give me a lot of choice and options are my sh*t so that sounds right up my alley

2 years ago '08        #14
Kewop Decam 89 heat pts89
space
space
space
$18,106 | Props total: 15523 15523
Nier is an RPG? sh*t felt like hack and slash mostly to me.

2 years ago '06        #15
Skateboard T 43 heat pts43
space
space
$23,557 | Props total: 32084 32084
 EGO said
thnanks for the suggestions yall. Been hearing about Nier Automata, I have a PS4 should I just buy it there if it's out already? In the meantime I think Divinity looks good, gonna check that out first
If you're talking PS4.

I'm having a good time with Nier so far, the combat system is fun and pretty challenging at times. The upgrading system on the pod is fun to play with and the story has been typical squenix so far...tell you the bare minimum and reveal it as you go on. I'm intrigued with the story but not as much as I am about Horizon so far.

I would classify Horizon as an action/adventure rpg too...it has some similarities to the witcher, although the crafting/leveling/gear is MUCH more simplistic. It's mostly 3rd person ranged combat, with some melee when necessary. The combat system is easily the best part about the game next to the story, and the open world actually makes you want to go around and explore.

If you liked witcher you'll probably like Horizon (although it does seem to be on the short side so that something to keep in mind)

2 years ago '06        #16
Skateboard T 43 heat pts43
space
space
$23,557 | Props total: 32084 32084
 Kewop Decam said
Nier is an RPG? sh*t felt like hack and slash mostly to me.
Anything with a leveling system winds up being called an "rpg" these days it seems.

2 years ago '05        #17
P-Hill|M 28 heat pts28
space
space
 Faythung said
Photoshop

2 years ago '04        #18
D.IrIsH 363 heat pts363
space
space
$5,956 | Props total: 9060 9060
 kulabear said
First game I'm gonna mention is Atlas Reactor. It's a 4v4 online turn based strategy/team deathmatch game. It is a legit good game.

Top down rpgs.

Divinity Original Sin is a good one to start.
Pillars of Eternity if you have a good deal of time.
Tyranny is another.

For the tactics\fire emblem I'd say Xcom 1 or 2. Be warned this game will bend you over and have it's way with you.
Wasteland 2 is really good, turn based and in the style of the original Fallouts.
Darkest Dungeon
Hard West is slept on.

That's all I got off the top of my head. @ @

Pillars is MUCH better than Tyranny..

Xcoms fu*kin p!ss me off so I don't play them anymore.. fu*k those games, mind control can eat a d!ck

Darkest Dungeon is dope as hell and Hard West IS slept on but also is obviously made by a budget studio.. so.. mixed bag

I'd also recommend Alien: Isolation highly, Metro Redux and Last Light Redux for surrrrrre, just finished Dragon's Dogma on PC it was incredible

If you like Fable you'll love Kingdoms of Amalur.. very similar

Elder Scrolls Online is actually dope.. definitely worth checking out, especially if you find it on sale which it often is

Grim Dawn is amazing

Salt and Sanctuary for that 2d version of Dark Souls

and Torment: Tides of Numenera just came out.. I'm loving the story so far, but there's a lot of text

2 years ago '10        #19
KJHARDY 85 heat pts85
space
space
$24,967 | Props total: 16201 16201
Can't go wrong with Witcher 3 again.

Hyper Light Drifter

2 years ago '14        #20
oprah 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,385 | Props total: 4771 4771
based on the games you mentioned I'd say dragons dogma. check that sh*t out, the PC re-release was dope. fixed all the bugs that the PS3/4 versions had and its a really good game.

absolutely some of the best epic f!ghts i've had.

2 years ago '04        #21
erickonasis 22 heat pts22
space
space
$30,455 | Props total: 27007 27007
 ego said
my xbox just sh*t the bed
rip..........

2 years ago '04        #22
D.IrIsH 363 heat pts363
space
space
$5,956 | Props total: 9060 9060
 oprah said
based on the games you mentioned I'd say dragons dogma. check that sh*t out, the PC re-release was dope. fixed all the bugs that the PS3/4 versions had and its a really good game.

absolutely some of the best epic f!ghts i've had.
Taking down a rock troll

2 years ago '14        #23
oprah 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,385 | Props total: 4771 4771
 D.IrIsH said
Taking down a rock troll

this game was lowkey one of my favorites in recent times.. i think because walking into it i didn't really expect it to be so good. I heard people had some bad experiences on playstation but I got the PC version when it was released a while back and was hooked.

2 years ago '12        #24
Cubs Draco 143 heat pts143
space
space
$16,582 | Props total: 4455 4455
 Faythung said
Yes, @kulaber is wise.

2 years ago '10        #25
Marcus Aurelius 49 heat pts49
space
space
$7,900 | Props total: 3973 3973
 EGO said

Age of Decadence is an underrated gem.

It's inspired by Fallout 2 but based in a dystopian ancient Rome.

The story is good and there are a bunch of different endings. The best part is the game completely changes based on your class.

You can k!ll everyone in the game, sneak through the whole game, or just talk through the whole game without f!ghting anyone. Or a combination of all three.

Home      

most viewed right now
+36online now  50
Video inside 20 Sports Hats You Should Never Wear In Los Angeles
113 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+93online now  47
The Best Pancakes Of The 90's
195 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+29online now  38
NFL When your teammate says they don't like eating W's
29 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+30online now  19
Video inside First look at Sonic the Hedgehog in his upcoming 'live-action' movie an..
79 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
-105online now  18
Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj and felon bae break the internet
106 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+42online now  16
Image(s) inside Hop up on top and start jicky-jicky-jerking
21 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+81online now  13
Image(s) inside Malania Trump Ain't Got Sh!t On This First Lady
57 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside Burt Reynolds lucky he dipped out before the SJWs found this one...
38 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy