Keanu Reeves Says The Matrix 4 Could Happen, On These Conditions

most viewed right now
72 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '06        #1
7869 page views
78 comments

SM 40393 heat pts40393
space
space
space
$139,245 | Props total: 113716 113716
Keanu Reeves Says The Matrix 4 Could Happen, On These Conditions

The Matrix trilogy ended in a way that gave some closure to the story, but also in a way that left things open for a potential future tale. Could another movie in the series ever happen? Keanu Reeves says it's possible. The actor says he'd be willing to return for another film in the series, as long as the writing and directing pair responsible for the original trilogy was willing to do so as well.

The Wachowskis would have to be involved. They would have to write it and direct it. And then we'd see what the story is, but yeah, I dunno, that'd be weird, but why not? People die, stories don't. People in stories don't.
The Matrix 4 isn't exactly a movie that fans are begging for. Having said that, if it was announced that it was coming, people would certainly be interested. The original movie blew audiences away and while the sequels may not have been very good at recapturing that magic, we can't exactly discount their impact on the movie business. The trilogy was huge and as a big screen spectacle, it was one of the biggest we had ever seen.

One would think that Keanu Reeves, along with everybody else, had moved on, but Reeves tells Yahoo Movies UK that he'd be up fro returning as long as the people who created the franchise were the ones who continued it. Fans of The Matrix would probably agree. While any decision to make a fourth Matrix movie would likely be met with a great deal of skepticism, if the Wachowskis were the ones in charge of it, that would probably go a long way to defusing fan anger. If they have any inclination of exactly what happens next inside the Matrix, it would probably make for a decent enough film.

Even Reeves himself admits that making another Matrix movie would be weird. While the story of the Matrix trilogy does leave the Matrix intact and thus still leaves a possibility of a future story open, at the same time the story of Thomas Anderson, aka Neo, would seem to be over. If there is another One someday, would they necessarily look like Keanu Reeves again or would they be somebody else?

As bizarre as a sequel could be, the idea that people in stories don't die is certainly an idea that many fans would agree with. The stories that we are attached to resonate with us and the characters that make up those stories feel alive. As long as we have the books or movies then they never really die either.

Would you like to see a new entry in the Matrix series? Let us know in the comments.

visit this link http://www.cinemablend.co .. ese-conditions

78 comments for "Keanu Reeves Says The Matrix 4 Could Happen, On These Conditions"

2 years ago '06        #2
SM 40393 heat pts40393 OP
space
space
space
 Lil Cheese said
They didn't write the first trilogy
Yeah they did

2 years ago '05        #3
Micheal C. Will 27 heat pts27
space
space
$31,067 | Props total: 27030 27030

[pic - click to view]

We "Do Not Need" another matrix film and if i'm not mistaken the Wachowskis said the story was done with after Revolutions.

2 years ago '06        #4
SM 40393 heat pts40393 OP
space
space
space
 Redbaron said
Do Not make a 4th one. Please.

Both the Wacowski brothers are now women.
:jtlol: Why does that matter?

2 years ago '10        #5
BasedOverlord 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,359 | Props total: 7337 7337
 Lil Cheese said

Sad part is I dont believe the Sistah even got paid my G

Last edited by BasedOverlord; 02-20-2017 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: GD Cypher's traitor ass

2 years ago '05        #6
JohnnyCage202 35 heat pts35
space
space
$5,218 | Props total: 22447 22447
This is Hollywood...

...we all know that years from now, the franchise will be back somehow, someway.

2 years ago '17        #7
216Martyr 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,219 | Props total: 16794 16794
It would be dope if they acted upon the fan fiction/theory that Neo was actually bad and Agent Smith was good

2 years ago '05        #8
Quddus 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$16,539 | Props total: 8254 8254
 JohnnyCage202 said
This is Hollywood...

...we all know that years from now, the franchise will be back somehow, someway.
I hope so I love the first Matrix

2 years ago '04        #9
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8933 8933
I wouldn't mind a Matrix 4 if it was done in a smart way and the visuals broke new ground.

2 years ago '05        #10
2bigz 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$6,577 | Props total: 1923 1923
 Lil Cheese said
No they took credit for someone else's script. They're the Drake of the movie industry
 BasedOverlord said

A judge ruled that "Stewart and her attorneys had not entered any evidence to bolster its key claims or demonstrated any striking similarity between her work and the accused directors’ films." "The defendants were awarded $305,235.62 in attorney fees, but Stewart said they never collected." This bish actually owes The Wachowski's $300k+...fu*k outta here

The Wachowskis wrote and directed The Matrix trilogy

2 years ago '11        #11
ricengravy 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,621 | Props total: 2580 2580
 216Martyr said
It would be dope if they acted upon the fan fiction/theory that Neo was actually bad and Agent Smith was good
i like that

2 years ago '13        #12
JosethaHustler 15 heat pts15
space
space
$3,985 | Props total: 4598 4598
 2bigz said
A judge ruled that "Stewart and her attorneys had not entered any evidence to bolster its key claims or demonstrated any striking similarity between her work and the accused directors’ films." "The defendants were awarded $305,235.62 in attorney fees, but Stewart said they never collected." This bish actually owes The Wachowski's $300k+...fu*k outta here

The Wachowskis wrote and directed The Matrix trilogy
Has anyone actually looked at the POS the Sistah is claming they stole from... I have and her claim is BOGUS.

She was going after the Terminator franchise, Matrix franchise and one other and lost all because her claim looked like circumstancial BS to me. She was applying her claim to almost anything involving AI, artificial intelligence conflicts with humans and to me that's bogus because her book was weak AF!

2 years ago '16        #13
AMG2M4 78 heat pts78
space
space
$5,868 | Props total: 9862 9862
 Lil Cheese said
 Lil Cheese said
No they took credit for someone else's script. They're the Drake of the movie industry
 BasedOverlord said

Dumb and Dumber n*ggas.

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '05        #14
2bigz 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$6,577 | Props total: 1923 1923
 JosethaHustler said
Has anyone actually looked at the POS the Sistah is claming they stole from... I have and her claim is BOGUS.

She was going after the Terminator franchise, Matrix franchise and one other and lost all because her claim looked like circumstancial BS to me. She was applying her claim to almost anything involving AI, artificial intelligence conflicts with humans and to me that's bogus because her book was weak AF!
I pulled up the case and she had descriptions and images of characters she made and said they matched the characters in the Matrix. But the Court said that the comparisons were not that similar. For example,

"Stewart does not contend that there are substantial or striking similarities between unique elements of her synopsis or illustrations and the Matrix films. 136Link to the text of the note Rather, she contends that there are substantial similarities between her description of the characters "X-sers," "Kev," "Vashta," "Trifina," "Awn," and "Trev" 137Link to the text of the note and counterpart characters in the Matrix films, namely, "Tank," "Apoc," "Morpheus," "Trinity," "Cypher," and "Mouse." She further contends that "Zonia," a name she includes in her character list without description, is substantially similar to a character in the Matrix films named "Switch.""

Stewart bears the burden of proof on the issue of striking similarity. The [**92] only evidence she submits to prove the similarity of her characters to those found in the Matrix films is a single page that contains photographs of nine Matrix 1 characters. 138Link to the text of the note This exhibit is inadmissible because it is proffered through Stewart's testimony. Even were the court to consider the exhibit, moreover, it would conclude that it does not raise a triable issue of fact regarding the striking similarity of Stewart's works and the Matrix films. Since the photographs depict only the faces of the Matrix 1 characters, it is impossible for the court to discern whether there are similarities in height, weight, or personality between the two sets of characters. The distinct facial features that Stewart ascribes to certain of her characters are not evident in the exhibit. X-sers' counterpart, Tank, for example, is not bald and there is no earring apparent in the photograph. The photograph is not sufficiently clear to determine if Tank has "piercing" eyes. Kev's counterpart, Apoc, does not appear to have a "hard look," and plainly does not have a Mohawk hairdo. Vashta's counterpart, Morpheus, does not have a beard. Stewart's descriptions of Trifina and Awn do not make reference to facial [**93] features, and so cannot be compared to the photographs [*1108] of Trinity and Cypher. Although the photograph of Trev's counterpart, Mouse, is of poor quality, and it appears he may have "kiddish" features, it is quite clear that he has short rather than shoulder-length hair. Finally, it is impossible to compare Zonia, who is mentioned only by name, to the photograph of Switch. Because no reasonable finder of fact could find that these photographs, which bear little resemblance to Stewart's character descriptions, establish striking similarity between the Matrix films and Stewart's work, they do not raise a triable issue of fact regarding striking similarity. 139Link to the text of the note

Stewart identifies other purported similarities between the Matrix films and her treatment and manuscript. As Stewart's admissions are conclusive evidence that there is no substantial or striking similarity between these works and the Matrix films, however, the claimed similarities cannot be considered by the court. See FED.R.CIV.PROC. 36(b); American Auto a*s'n., supra, 930 F.2d at 1120.
^this is quoted directly from the case.

2 years ago '12        #15
Thworldisyours 62 heat pts62
space
space
$9,943 | Props total: 23117 23117
Soft reboot with a young white female as the new "Neo" and Keanu playing the Morpheus role.

And they'll just redo everything they did in the first one.

Rinse... wash... repeat.

2 years ago '13        #16
JosethaHustler 15 heat pts15
space
space
$3,985 | Props total: 4598 4598
 2bigz said
I pulled up the case and she had descriptions and images of characters she made and said they matched the characters in the Matrix. But the Court said that the comparisons were not that similar. For example,

^this is quoted directly from the case.
I hear you but look at her book, it can be applied to anything... she'd go after Ironman if she could.

2 years ago '12        #17
GoatReligion 1 heat pts
space
space
$204 | Props total: 415 415

But, what would the story be focused on?

Neo's return?

2 years ago '04        #18
Miami 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,345 | Props total: 2627 2627
I think a prequel would be dope if they focus on how "the real world" became dominated by machines in the first place.

2 years ago '16        #19
Jayyharr 
space
space
$632 | Props total: 1872 1872
Not gonna do it to ya OP but hypothetical slap cause I don't want to see a Matrix 4 unless the conditions is they get a new main character and get one of the worst actors of all time the hell outta here

2 years ago '04        #20
eazyvaboy 63 heat pts63
space
space
$4,264 | Props total: 15134 15134
If they want to make it interesting, they need to make a prequel with some young actor playing a young Larry Fish and his stories and battles how he was unplugged, how the Oracle schooled him and how he realized he needed to find "the one".

I would watch that. Just saying.

2 years ago '04        #21
eazyvaboy 63 heat pts63
space
space
$4,264 | Props total: 15134 15134
 Miami said
I think a prequel would be dope if they focus on how "the real world" became dominated by machines in the first place.
You beat me to it fam.

2 years ago '06        #22
marcusaka50 62 heat pts62
space
space
space
$33,067 | Props total: 15141 15141
Pre morpheous story?

2 years ago '13        #23
fishpoop 1 heat pts
space
space
$9,587 | Props total: 11149 11149
Give me a god damn Seraph origins story.

2 years ago '10        #24
marx1684 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,916 | Props total: 9748 9748
 Miami said
What he said.

2 years ago '13        #25
GHova315 63 heat pts63
space
space
$2,099 | Props total: 1783 1783
 BasedOverlord said

Yes she did...

Home      

most viewed right now
+45online now  24
Busting big nuts on this Big Butt
60 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+38online now  19
Image(s) inside Mar 24 - Man spikes coworkers’ drinks with LSD to change their ‘negati..
126 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+31online now  19
I let it soak in but "Us" wasn't it.
183 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  6
Paper work of Casanova 2x snitching surfaces