Something interesting about Scarface

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '15        #1
779 page views
6 comments

Mtyjoejnblkblnd 71 heat pts71
space
space
$18,113 | Props total: 27129 27129
Something interesting about Scarface

[pic - click to view]

saw this thread on an IGN.com forum by a dude named DigInTheCrates(these are all of his words) and i thought it was pretty interesting. It's about Tony claiming to be loyal, but dude is asking if he was truly loyal.

"All through the movie he talked about his loyalty, how all a man has in this world is his word and his balls, how he never fu*ked anybody who didn't have it coming to him.

But he really couldn't wait to fu*k over the first man in his life who ever did him a favor. Literally the first night he met his new boss Frank Lopez was the same night he was already scheming to steal his woman away from him. Stealing your bosses lady, I wouldn't call that loyalty. Frank treated Tony well & looked out for him like a father figure, brought him into the business, gave him great advice (which Tony ignored), and as a show of gratitude what did Tony do? He stole his woman and usurped all his power. He forced Frank's hand and then acted shocked when Frank finally put a hit out on him. What the fu*k do you expect when you steal a mob guy's girlfriend?

I put to you that, despite Tony's disrespect for him, Frank was the real 'hero' of that movie. Or at least the least bad person in it. Every word out of his mouth proved salient & prophetic.
"

what ya'll think?

Last edited by Mtyjoejnblkblnd; 02-19-2017 at 03:53 AM..

6 comments for "Something interesting about Scarface"

2 years ago '04        #2
9th ward Bally 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,145 | Props total: 4827 4827
Of course Tony wasn't loyal. He told Sosa that because he saw what happened to Omar. His problem with Sosa was that he thought he could just spit his game with Sosa because he thought Sosa was a loyal friend, so he got comfortable with him (look at how they're talking on the phone, laughing with each other)...Sosa told him from the start though "don't fu*k me Tony" and Tony found out the hard way he wasn't who he thought he was.
As far as Tony's loyalty? Throughout the movie we learn that Tony isn't loyal, we just didn't think about when he said it. All we look at is the fascination with him that we forget about him saying that. Think about everything he did to get by
-murdered Rebenga
-Challenged Omar's authority in the meeting with Sosa (Sosa takes notice)
-Disowned Omar
-Steals Elvira
-Kills Frank (revenge murder though)
-Threatens Manny
-Disrespects Elvira throughout the movie
-murders Alberto, aborting the job and "fu*king" Sosa and his a*sociates
-Kills Manny
*Cant count him leaving Chi Chi to die because he would've been k*lled along with Chi Chi......

Now think about the end of the movie....who did Tony have left in the end? Nobody, which is the ultimate consequence when you disregard your loyalty, right? Makes sense to me

2 years ago '14        #3
Bill Wallace 107 heat pts107
space
space
$5,734 | Props total: 11713 11713
Tony, Manny and Chi Chi coulda took them on and maybe lived with one of em probably dying but nope.. Tony had to fu*k over his two most loyal dudes

2 years ago '15        #4
Mtyjoejnblkblnd 71 heat pts71 OP
space
space
$18,113 | Props total: 27129 27129
 9th ward Bally said
Of course Tony wasn't loyal. He told Sosa that because he saw what happened to Omar. His problem with Sosa was that he thought he could just spit his game with Sosa because he thought Sosa was a loyal friend, so he got comfortable with him (look at how they're talking on the phone, laughing with each other)...Sosa told him from the start though "don't fu*k me Tony" and Tony found out the hard way he wasn't who he thought he was.
As far as Tony's loyalty? Throughout the movie we learn that Tony isn't loyal, we just didn't think about when he said it. All we look at is the fascination with him that we forget about him saying that. Think about everything he did to get by
-murdered Rebenga
-Challenged Omar's authority in the meeting with Sosa (Sosa takes notice)
-Disowned Omar
-Steals Elvira
-Kills Frank (revenge murder though)
-Threatens Manny
-Disrespects Elvira throughout the movie
-murders Alberto, aborting the job and "fu*king" Sosa and his a*sociates
-Kills Manny
*Cant count him leaving Chi Chi to die because he would've been k*lled along with Chi Chi......

Now think about the end of the movie....who did Tony have left in the end? Nobody, which is the ultimate consequence when you disregard your loyalty, right? Makes sense to me
exactly

2 years ago '16        #5
Illuminati Bob 161 heat pts161
space
space
space
$7,106 | Props total: 28810 28810
Tony was a piece of sh*t. A captivating piece of sh*t but I don't think it was any secret he was a snake. His come up from nothing makes you root for him but from the beginning he was a mercenary out to get his no mater what. Not really a revelation here.

2 years ago '12        #6
Thworldisyours 62 heat pts62
space
space
$9,921 | Props total: 22967 22967

[video - click to view]

2 years ago '16        #7
Frankie Needles 80 heat pts80
space
space
space
$2,701 | Props total: 12282 12282
The thing with Tony is that we were told to romance him, so we over looked his obvious flaws.

No different than our obsession with Michael Corleone, he k*lled his obviously slow brother, lied to his wife, left his family alone on Christmas and had Tom buy his kid a Christmas gift, but we get sold this story of him being a great family man who did everything to "protect" his family. I mean even after he found out that Frank Pantangelli got lied to and still kept his mouth closed in court, he had Tom talk him into k*lling himself

If you look at most of the "gangsters" we romanticize they were all disloyal, psycopathic, deragned pieces of sh*t but we dont' really realize until we get distance from our infatuation

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  40
NBA Dwayne Wades son werks the runway better than Tyra Banks
83 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+94online now  32
The RATCHETS in Miami Beach was CUTTING UP for Spring Break 2019.
260 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+24online now  27
Image(s) inside Shorty from tory lanez video
35 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+145online now  23
Image(s) inside Come Get Your Auntie Before I Fvck Her, Bruh