We Did It BX! Macklemore Didn't Even Submit His Album For Grammys Consideration

most viewed right now
89 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '11        #1
4675 page views
54 comments

kiss0fdeath 1445 heat pts1445
space
space
$24,140 | Props total: 122399 122399

AP Source: Macklemore didn’t submit latest album to Grammys

NEW YORK — Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, the mainstream rap duo that swept the rap Grammys in 2014 and received backlash after besting Kendrick Lamar, didn’t submit their latest album for contention at the 2017 Grammy Awards.

A person close to the nomination process, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the person was not allowed to publicly talk about the topic, said Macklemore & Lewis didn’t submit “This Unruly Mess I Made” when submissions were due last September.

The album, the group’s second, was released last February. Like Macklemore & Lewis, Frank Ocean also didn’t submit his two latest albums for Grammys.

Representatives for the rap group and the Grammys, which will be presented Sunday at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, didn’t immediately reply to emails seeking comment.

In 2014, Macklemore & Lewis won best rap album for their multiplatinum debut, “The Heist”; best rap song and rap performance for the crossover pop hit, “Thrift Shop”; and best new artist.

The group almost didn’t compete for those rap honors after the Recording Academy’s rap committee felt the duo should compete for pop awards instead because of their mainstream breakthrough, which included No. 1 successes with “Thrift Shop” and “Can’t Hold Us.” Another single, the same s*x anthem “Same Love,” peaked at No.11 on the Billboard Hot 100.

But that decision was later overturned, and Macklemore & Lewis went on to win big in the rap categories, beating out Lamar, who walked away empty-handed that year. But drama ensued a day after the Grammys when Macklemore said Lamar’s “good kid, m.A.A.d city” should have won best rap album instead of “The Heist.”

The Grammys spectacle was at the center of the group’s latest album title — called “This Unruly Mess I’ve Made” — and Macklemore was part of the conversation about contemporary white artists appropriating black culture, along with Iggy Azalea and Miley Cyrus. On “White Privilege II,” from “This Unruly Mess,” Macklemore raps about a white person’s position in society with black people f*ghting injustice, and even namechecks Azalea for appropriating black culture, along with himself.

“This Unruly Mess” didn’t make a splash on the charts or on streaming platforms like “The Heist.” It only sold 382,000 units (based on a combination of album sales, song sales and on-demand audio streams) according to Nielsen Music. (”The Heist” sold a combined 4.3 million units). The album’s first single, “Downtown,” did reach No. 12 on the Hot 100 and featured Eric Nally, Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee and Grandmaster Caz.

Nominees for this year’s best rap album include Drake, Chance the Rapper, Kanye West, De La Soul, DJ Khaled and ScHoolboy Q.

visit this link https://www.washingtonpos .. =.a3b7101d0766

imageimage
imageimage
imageimage

Last edited by kiss0fdeath; 02-09-2017 at 07:24 PM..

54 comments for "We Did It BX! Macklemore Didn't Even Submit His Album For Grammys Consideration"

2 years ago '13        #2
THEDONN 
space
space
$32,020 | Props total: 26753 26753

2 years ago '13        #3
JeezusPrice 6 heat pts
space
space
$2,326 | Props total: 3811 3811
Damn the difference in sales .
must've got mad he said some real sh*t. When they get mad they hit your pockets, HARD.

2 years ago '11        #4
kiss0fdeath 1445 heat pts1445 OP
space
space
$24,140 | Props total: 122399 122399
 BlackandProud said
Tbh I enjoyed TUMID more than all the albums that came out in 2016 not named Black America Again
I have no beef with Macklemore. He's a stand up guy. I'm just happy he didn't submit the album because it would have automatically won all of the Rap Grammys categories () for some unexplainable reason.

2 years ago '11        #5
YungAJ24 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,498 | Props total: 5895 5895
I had no idea he dropped another album

2 years ago '09        #6
messy marv stan 5200 heat pts5200
space
space
$70,470 | Props total: 114617 114617
macklemore is more washed up than vanilla ice k-fed benzino and icp combined

2 years ago '14        #7
familybuster 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$235 | Props total: 434 434
Dude won Grammys from some sh*t I don't even remember a single line from one year later. If that ain't the definition of pop, I don't know.

2 years ago '09        #8
Fatt Kidd BEP 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,833 | Props total: 12512 12512
I think submitting the album would defeat the purpose of making it since it was centered around winning the Grammy. And it was actually one of the better Hip Hop albums of the year though.

2 years ago '15        #9
Hellmatic 2 heat pts
space
space
$21,088 | Props total: 29065 29065
 BlackandProud said
Tbh I enjoyed TUMID more than all the albums that came out in 2016 not named Black America Again
listen to mick jenkins the healing component and yes lawd by nx worries

2 years ago '15        #10
Hellmatic 2 heat pts
space
space
$21,088 | Props total: 29065 29065
 messy marv stan said

can you explain why everyone has that avy? i seen like 7 posters already with the same avy, whats the story behind that?

2 years ago '13        #11
CROWN 155 heat pts155
space
space
$19,741 | Props total: 42907 42907
 kiss0fdeath said
I have no beef with Macklemore. He's a stand up guy. I'm just happy he didn't submit the album because it would have automatically won all of the Rap Grammys categories () for some unexplainable reason.
Nah B. You must of forgot white people got mad as fu*k at him for the "White Privilege Part 2" song. The man basically called his white pop mom fans lowkey inner racist and overall white people ignorant for not understanding BLM.

They SHUNNED him after that.

2 years ago '14        #12
Christian238 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,545 | Props total: 4230 4230
Personally, I think The Heist deserved that Grammy...

It's strange dudes got a new album out and I AIN'T HEARD sh*t ABOUT IT...
....He "did" something to p*ss "somebody" off...

I remember jumpin in the whip and my homie putting The Heist on and my first thought at the time and decline rap was in after HIPHOP NEEDED THAT ALBUM

Subject Matter alone makes that album worth it...

He's not finna out bar NOBODY, ain't finna shine on NOBODY but as far as "creating songs" he had a place in hiphop...

Skin color be damned the album was DOPE. I don't even fu*k wit the gay sh*t BUT as "music" "Same Love" worked and made the album better...was a good song...

2 years ago '05        #13
Martel 25 heat pts25
space
space
$15,419 | Props total: 3831 3831
dude gets hate for no reason. sh*t is corny already.

2 years ago '14        #14
OCT DION 
space
space
$8,347 | Props total: 18004 18004
"We did it" y'all make it seem like it's his fault he won a Grammy and like black people didn't get on his a*s so hard that he made a whole album apologizing. Let the man make his music, what is all the hate for?

2 years ago '13        #15
Antho23 1 heat pts
space
space
$828 | Props total: 2102 2102
 YungAJ24 said
I had no idea he dropped another album
Bro same

I would've never thought their hype would've died so hard

2 years ago '13        #16
Antho23 1 heat pts
space
space
$828 | Props total: 2102 2102
 OCT DION said
"We did it" y'all make it seem like it's his fault he won a Grammy and like black people didn't get on his a*s so hard that he made a whole album apologizing. Let the man make his music, what is all the hate for?
For real let these n*ggas make they bread from their fans and off their music like everyone else

2 years ago '04        #17
Dash 198 heat pts198
space
space
space
$13,145 | Props total: 35615 35615
He dont owe nobody shyt. Get cher grammy bruh

2 years ago '16        #18
BossTonMA 16 heat pts16
space
space
$8,886 | Props total: 26421 26421
"We" did it Bx? the fu*k you talking about? The man cares about the culture and doesnt want to win a prize unfairly because of his skin color. He should be celebrated. He know he dont deserve to win an award. But because old white people would "feel" his music or understand it more, he decided to say fu*k THAT.

2 years ago '15        #19
2Cold 614 heat pts614
space
space
$39,520 | Props total: 172314 172314
 Hellmatic said
can you explain why everyone has that avy? i seen like 7 posters already with the same avy, whats the story behind that?
Royal rumble thread winner picked the avy

2 years ago '17        #20
Pretty Tone 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,346 | Props total: 20926 20926
The combination of guilt and privelage took his soul

2 years ago '15        #21
2Cold 614 heat pts614
space
space
i enjoy all the music that I hear from him
Some has major replay value too
One of my favorite tracks the last decade is by him

[video - click to view]

2 years ago '15        #22
Lord Funkington 
space
space
$2,309 | Props total: 2824 2824
Not a Macklemore fan at all. But the man knows how to make a hit. And this conversation about who belongs in hip hop and doesn't is so fu*king counterproductive. Making sh*t corny

2 years ago '05        #23
old head 177 heat pts177
space
space
$19,663 | Props total: 19635 19635
 messy marv stan said

Imagine a collab with all 5 of them

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '09        #24
messy marv stan 5200 heat pts5200
space
space
$70,470 | Props total: 114617 114617
 datboiicold said
i enjoy all the music that I hear from him
Some has major replay value too
One of my favorite tracks the last decade is by him

i told this one bi*ch whos a macklemore stan that he died after being kicked by a horse and she believed it

2 years ago '15        #25
2Cold 614 heat pts614
space
space
 messy marv stan said
i told this one bi*ch whos a macklemore stan that he died after being kicked by a horse and she believed it

Home      

most viewed right now
+45online now  22
Busting big nuts on this Big Butt
60 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+31online now  17
I let it soak in but "Us" wasn't it.
188 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+38online now  15
Image(s) inside Mar 24 - Man spikes coworkers’ drinks with LSD to change their ‘negati..
126 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  5
Paper work of Casanova 2x snitching surfaces
203 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy