illmatic 2... (by the #1 nas hater).. the album we deserve

most viewed right now
36 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

14 years ago '04        #26
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$16,305 | Props total: 8296 8296
 Para[D]ox said
ur opinion to rap doesnt matter wen u said dike jones had good lyrics
is this true? mike jones with nice lyrics??????? WOWWWW........

SMH @ the state of hip hop at the hands of these youngstas. but n*ggas in here have the nerve to state that nas is garbage.

04-19-2005, 04:26 PM         #27
Str8Paz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props man^

14 years ago '04        #28
Krypt 3 heat pts
space
space
$8,477 | Props total: 823 823
is Nas still alive???

04-19-2005, 07:42 PM         #29
youdontknowm3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Para[D]ox said
ur opinion to rap doesnt matter wen u said dike jones had good lyrics
negative. i said mike jones got tight beats/hooks. LOL @ mike jones havin good lyrics HAHAHAHAH

u mad?

14 years ago '05        #30
Instrumentals 1 heat pts
space
space
$771 | Props total: 401 401
 DBlockinemOut said
well whatever.. he hasn't even really had a great album since it was written
damn i thought i was he only one who thought that illmatic was hot but it was written is the best nas album to me

14 years ago '04        #31
cnice347 
space
space
space
$335 | Props total: 0 0
 ass_in_my_eyes said
...selling aint everything.....

Your right selling is not everything. . .But once an artist is established as being great and has consistently done decent numbers, the artist is expected to continue that succes on the charts. Just another sign of a decreasing fan base and "so so" music. . .I hate to say it, but he fell off.

04-19-2005, 11:08 PM         #32
TaXeS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
word...

04-20-2005, 01:06 AM         #33
dumb_ass23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cnice347 said
Your right selling is not everything. . .But once an artist is established as being great and has consistently done decent numbers, the artist is expected to continue that succes on the charts. Just another sign of a decreasing fan base and "so so" music. . .I hate to say it, but he fell off.
On this day and age sales are not decided by the quality of the album as much as they are decided by a commercial single, hype and a good push from a label. Artists going platinum in less than a week is a good indication of that.

I think Nas really fu*ked up by not listing Thief's Theme as a track on his album. I know people who didn't buy the album cause they didn't think it was on there and I'm sure lots of people did. I think his second single was great, but it was a risky choice and it didn't pay off.

Street Disciple didn't sell well, but his last two didn't do too poorly. I need to go to bed.

14 years ago '04        #34
DBlockinemOut 4 heat pts OP
space
space
$7,359 | Props total: 202 202
he really just doesn't know how to be great rapper anymore

he has all the talent in the world but his mind works like 50 cent's.. he just doesn't have the balls 50 does

Nas, great rapper, not a good artist

14 years ago '04        #35
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
LOL at all the Nas haters.. What that n*gga do to yall? fu*k that Nas is the truth and always keepin them lyrics on point like no other. fu*k it if hes "selfish", lil n*gga from QB makin money, selling millions of records.. u n*ggas care about rappers personal lives too much... hahahahaha n*gga spits heat in da booth all that matters to me.

14 years ago '04        #36
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
 cnice347 said
If im not mistaking every album he has released has gone plat except for maybe Illmatic (and Lost Tapes) and Street Disciple. Also none of the albums went over plat except maybe It Was Written and Stillmatic. I think the reason Nas receives so much hate is b/c Illmatic was such crack everyone was expecting another one but he never delivered. I mean Nastradamus is his worst album but probably better than a lot of rapper's best album. Haterz!

14 years ago '04        #37
space
space
nas hasn't went platnium since i am... jay-z k!lled his marketability... nas won the battle, but he didn't know how to win, so jay came out with new fans, and nas actually lost fans in a win...

04-21-2005, 12:21 PM         #38
goulet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so wheres this album big guy

04-21-2005, 12:22 PM         #39
goulet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and stillmatic went platinum

14 years ago '04        #40
space
space
 goulet said
so wheres this album big guy
jukebox smart guy... only 3,000 or so views :)... bout 15 reups

i posted the link...

lol... what a homo

04-21-2005, 02:01 PM         #41
what? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DBlockinemOut said
nas hasn't went platnium since i am... jay-z k!lled his marketability... nas won the battle, but he didn't know how to win, so jay came out with new fans, and nas actually lost fans in a win...

FACTS:

nastradamus = platinum/double plat

stillmatic = double platinum

godson = platinum

streets disciple = platinum

sorry.

14 years ago '04        #42
space
space
 what? said
FACTS:

nastradamus = platinum/double plat

stillmatic = double platinum

godson = platinum

streets disciple = platinum

sorry.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

in your dreams, stillmatic is certified platnium, but he never actually sold a million records on that album unless like 50,000 copies got sold in the last 6-8 months... i doubt it

your a moron... streets discplie isn't even gold... lol the soundscan numbers get posted every week... hes still in the 450K range...

don't ever speak again... your an idiot... sales don't even matter, but get ya facts straight.... nastradamus is not plat, neither is god's son...

04-21-2005, 02:38 PM         #43
BRight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I bet the people on this board that are sayin that Nas fell off are the same cats who said Dre fell off......Its called growth and every single artist in history has a point where they slow down. Its impossible to appease everyone yo. If you average out nas's work there are very few that compare to his greatness. And someone mention STILLMATIC for god sakes. that damn album carried me through high school. We smoked to that sh*t daily.

04-21-2005, 03:29 PM         #44
what? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DBlockinemOut said
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

in your dreams, stillmatic is certified platnium, but he never actually sold a million records on that album unless like 50,000 copies got sold in the last 6-8 months... i doubt it

your a moron... streets discplie isn't even gold... lol the soundscan numbers get posted every week... hes still in the 450K range...

don't ever speak again... your an idiot... sales don't even matter, but get ya facts straight.... nastradamus is not plat, neither is god's son...

what a fu*kin loser!!!

196 NAS STREET'S DISCIPLE 4,780 -19 5,871 642,392

certified gold already & will get the plat certification as its a double album.

i was wrong on stillmatic tho' (from "this is a year that i wont regret, sold CDs, double platinum, met more execs").. sh*t sold only 1.8, and nastradamus (1.4), godson did 1.2

now u get ya facts straight, whiteboy!! and stop uppin that wack a.ss compilation u made... LMAO @ small world being unreleased!!!
ROFL @ rise & fall feat AZ without a single line from AZ in the song, adding a havoc freestyle & nas verse off on da real 2004 trying to make it pass for the "original" version.. LMAO

and renaming old joints to make them look new wont help u either!!

u aint fooling nobody but 15 y old kids like u, every other nas fan had those joints for years already!!! and in better quality to add to it, cornball!!!

14 years ago '04        #45
space
space
duck tales

duck tales

i don't even gotta respond..... that was pathetic

go to ohhla.com and check yaself

Last edited by DBlockinemOut; 04-21-2005 at 03:34 PM..

04-21-2005, 03:36 PM         #46
what? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t, link wont work, but just do the research on riaa.com, stupid fu*k!!

14 years ago '04        #47
space
space
keep talkin.. u mad cause i got the biggest mixtape out right now...

and you too young to appreciate it

LoL.... 4,000 Views, a few thousand mixtapes sold and motherfu*kers still tryin to talk...

and havoc has the first verse in the released version of on da real smart kid

lol and your racist

Last edited by DBlockinemOut; 04-21-2005 at 03:42 PM..

04-21-2005, 03:47 PM         #48
what? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LMAO @ "ducktales" when i sonned u with a riaa.com link!!! thats all u could come up with!!

ya mixtape aint sh*t man!! thats why outta the 4000 peeps that got read it off of the "illmatic 2" title, 3900 left without a comment, fool!!!

thats what happens when u try to hype up people but aint got sh*t!! the original version of on da real was nas, screwball & cormega. the version u posted was made by acorny a.ss mp3 dj like u who added a verse from a mobb deep freestyle & nas verse from the new version of on da real that dropped last year on the illmatic 10 year anniversary CD.

lol, even the sound changes between the verses!!

14 years ago '04        #49
space
space
okkkk smart guy.. that version was never released... the version w/ havoc is the real version, thats a fact, check amazon... hell nas isn't even a released version until illmatic remastered... stop tryin to play like you know, u don't... i've been doin this a for a lil while young buck... i know my sh*t... did i say 'original' version? no.. i said my version has 2 nas verses, second of which wasn't new on nas's on da real 2004, his third verse was new... the second verse is from the 'iam' time period... it was 3 verses, 3 different eras remember?.. jesus...

and riaa hands out certificates and they don't track over the counter soundscan sales... they count albums shipped, not sold
and the numbers are already counting streets discple as 2 for 1...

don't ever question me... i been around waaaay too long... if ya weren't 14 u'd already know i'm respected around here... thats why i got like 2 g's in props for the tape.. who cares about reply's? i already got the reup record... i got 4 tapes poppin right now ... and whats with the racist remarks?

Last edited by DBlockinemOut; 04-21-2005 at 03:59 PM..

04-21-2005, 04:11 PM         #50
HERCH 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
u gona pm a link?

Home      

most viewed right now
-17online now  77
Hoodrich Pablo Juan robbed again left naked in the streets in Atlanta
351 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+183online now  50
Image(s) inside Pretty Girl Issues Is TOP Heavy!
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+64online now  38
Soooo we not go talk about this Trip Drill 2019 video
199 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  18
Image(s) inside Jan 16 - Unpaid TSA agents, no longer giving a f***, play uncensored r..
138 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
-35online now  12
NFL Some heat on "Speak For Yourself" in the direction of Colin Kap. Some just..
117 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+73online now  12
I'm gonna bust inside of her
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  9
Video inside Cars with worst resale value