AMD confirms its Ryzen CPU will launch in early March, followed by the Vega GPU

most viewed right now
Article inside chick-fil-a officially the goat
106 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall remember Johnny blaze?
111 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kim K gets ethered on twitter
88 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
MMA Conor McGregor to retire from MMA after 3 more fights.
24 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 1 year ago '04        #1
866 page views
7 comments

CrAkKedOuT 1001 heat pts1001
space
space
space
$24,600 | Props total: 17195 17195
AMD confirms its Ryzen CPU will launch in early March, followed by the Vega GPU

AMD’s eagerly-awaited Ryzen processor will launch in early March, according to AMD chief executive Lisa Su. Su specified the target date during the company’s fourth-quarter earnings call Tuesday afternoon.

“There will be widespread system availability from day one,” Su said during the call. Channel vendors will receive the first Ryzen chips, along with system integrators. More traditional hardware vendors will come later, Su added.

That statement implies that vendors like Dell or HP (neither of which have been officially confirmed to be using the Ryzen chip) will be asked to wait, while AMD caters to boutique PC vendors. Ryzen will take on Intel’s highest-end Core chips, specifically the Core i5 and Core i7 processors, Su said.

Why this matters: AMD has said previously that it believes Ryzen to be the most significant consumer product it will introduce in well over a decade, with its subsequent Naples chip helping to extend AMD and its Zen architecture into the higher-margin server business. For the last several years, AMD’s shipments into the console business have propped up the company’s revenues while Ryzen was developed, but as both the Microsoft Xbox One and Sony PlayStation 4 move into their fifth year of life, AMD isn't depending on the console any more.

Hints of the Zen roadmap
Unsurprisingly, Su also confirmed that AMD is already thinking about the follow-ons to Ryzen: Su referred to a “Zen 2” and a “Zen 3,” and confirmed that AMD is also developing with 7-nm technology in mind. That will help offset any concerns hardware partners have about competing with Intel, she said.

“Our top customers—they are investing in our roadmap, they are not just investing in a point product,” Su said.

Su’s comments seemingly back up what a Game Developers Conference presentation revealed earlier: that Ryzen would launch before March 3. (Su didn’t specifically confirm our report sourced from the GDC document, however.) Su also revealed that its Zen-based server product, Naples, will launch in the second quarter.

What’s new, though, is a Vega timetable: Su revealed that the Vega GPUs will ship during the second quarter as well. In the second half of 2017, AMD still plans to launch a Zen-based APU, codenamed “Raven Ridge,” primarily designed for notebooks but also some desktops.

visit this link http://www.pcworld.com/ar .. -vega-gpu.html
GodzMustBeCrazy and 4 others gave props

7 comments for "AMD confirms its Ryzen CPU will launch in early March, followed by the Vega GPU"

1 year ago '04        #2
kulabear 23 heat pts23
space
space
$10,883 | Props total: 1537 1537
 BlackandProud said:

[pic - click to view]

fixed.
BlackandProud gave props

CrAkKedOuT slapped this ish

1 year ago '04        #3
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,740 | Props total: 3462 3462
It's funny Intel stans sh*ts on AMD and hope for them to fail. I actually want to AMD to challenge Intel so prices can go down.
jussncredible and 6 others gave props

1 year ago '07        #4
jussncredible 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,567 | Props total: 827 827
cant lie as much as i am a "intel stan" im really interested in amd as im looking to build just about everyone in my damn family a computer now that they have seen mine but i dont have 1700 for 5 people lol so hopefully amd makes something worth going out to look at...
 1 year ago '04        #5
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,197 | Props total: 819 819
 BlackandProud said:
Red&Proud
 1 year ago '15        #6
Letcherouss 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$806 | Props total: 1473 1473
 VictoryThagr8 said:
It's funny Intel stans sh*ts on AMD and hope for them to fail. I actually want to AMD to challenge Intel so prices can go down.
I feel you it's just, if they aren't better than core i7's I don't really care what they are coming out with. Even though my next build is dual socket xeon so I gotta see what that Naples is up to.
 1 year ago '16        #7
dvlana 
space
space
$341 | Props total: 727 727
i might just be talking out of my a.ss, but ive had really good luck with pcs that ran amd for some reason. All my Amd powered desktops have performed well for many years, while the intel ones have gone to crap. Even my parents laptops too.

I wonder if there's a test that determines Cpu performance after extensive usage 1-7 years.

All my pc's runs Intel now though but it always good to hear amd is stepping up their game. People don't realize if it wasn't for competition we would still be running single core.

competition = these companies investing their billions they keep in the bank and put it to good use for R&D
tsmithjr85 slapped this ish

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My brother and I smacking famous p**nstars assses and rapping about it
113 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas Wit Baldies Or Barbers Enter
147 comments
21 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Xxxtentacian was walking around with a Louie Bag with 50,000 inside it
143 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL USA Today predicts 2018 season
112 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suicide Girl
33 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jul 20 - Americans Struggling to Make Ends Meet | A Hidden America with..
50 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is she thick or slimthick
29 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside i cant stop watching old pac interviews
52 comments
23 hours ago