Apple’s new MacBooks now officially a flop as Windows PCs take high end market share

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '14        #1
8233 page views
87 comments

Epitome 110 heat pts110
space
space
$10,611 | Props total: 2888 2888
Apple’s new MacBooks now officially a flop as Windows PCs take high end market share

Nearly 10 years ago, in 2009, the visit this link NPD famously announced that Apple had more than 90% of the high-end PC market for PCs costing more than $1000.

A lot has happened since then, including the ascendancy of the iPhone as Apple’s profit centre, and more recently Microsoft’s Surface line, which inspired PC OEMs to do a lot better in terms of innovation and quality.

The result of Apple taking its eye of the ball has been the recent release at the end of October 2016 of the new Macbook Pro, with its biggest innovation being the touch bar and the removal of a large number of essential ports, to be replaced with USB-C slots, resulting in the device being famously slated as another example of Apple’s “dongle-hell” obsession.

Now Microsoft ‘s CFO Amy Hood has confirmed that this malaise has resulted in Windows OEMs making gains in Apple’s so far hallowed high margin terrain.

Microsoft’s financial results also confirmed as much, noting that visit this link Windows licensing revenue from OEMs for consumer devices grew 5% primarily due to a higher mix of premium devices.

Microsoft famously claimed that with the announcement of the Surface Studio, which caused many to claim Microsoft is more innovative than Apple, and Apple’s announcement of the disappointing MacBook Pro “visit this link more and more Mac users were switching to Surface.”

It seems Microsoft’s Surface line was not the only beneficiary, which is good news for OEMs struggling with the slow decline of the PC market.

Hopefully an increased share of the high-end market will also result in greater profits for Windows OEMs, which should lead to better engagement with Microsoft’s direction regarding PCs, laptops, VR headsets, IoT devices and even possible once again smartphones in the future. Either way the news is a celebration for Windows fans who prefer to have both style and function in their computers.

visit this link Source

87 comments for "Apple’s new MacBooks now officially a flop as Windows PCs take high end market share"

2 years ago '11        #2
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,048 | Props total: 8129 8129
I can see this being more and more common...Apple has been making some dumb a*s choices recently. You can buy a new MacBook Pro and an iPhone 7 and you wouldn't even be able to hook the phone up to it.

2 years ago '07        #3
AndrewTHEgreaT 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,220 | Props total: 2885 2885
Them sh*ts had no ports like wtf

2 years ago '05        #4
old head 182 heat pts182
space
space
$19,929 | Props total: 21042 21042
I fu*ks with Apple computers heavy, but what they've done with the recent lineup is just pathetic.

2 years ago '05        #5
Andrefrbk 1092 heat pts1092
space
space
$23,585 | Props total: 6734 6734
Ive been desperate to cop an up to date macbook 13, as my 2011 broke over a year ago. I waited so long for the redesign... Really to get my money all they had to do was include 2 USB ports, 2 USB C, and SD slot. And add some value specs. The price for performance is fu*king horrible! You would think with hardware being so cheap now it would have gotten better. Instead they raised the price, making it even more unlikely people like me would cop. Not shocked it flopped at all...

I waited so long for a redesign instead got a overpriced refresh offering.

disgusting.

Id cop a surface pro if it werent so fu*king expensive. Its really macbook level pricing, which i dont get why coming from microsoft.

2 years ago '04        #6
DRO MONTANA 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$2,607 | Props total: 2449 2449
Good.. Macbooks aint worth the price and people are realizing it. Apple can't get away with just selling them off hype anymore.

2 years ago '11        #7
bosslife11 26 heat pts26
space
space
$3,557 | Props total: 2923 2923
It's great people are waking up. Now Apple will have to actually put out good products

2 years ago '04        #8
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,140 | Props total: 1954 1954
Was so hyped to see the new Macbook and it was a total flop. Got an Air in '14 and it's great (got it new for $900). But I ain't paying $1600 for that BS they offering.

These high end laptops just don't do it for me. If I could get a cheap laptop with a SSD I'd be cool.

2 years ago '04        #9
allies 
space
space
space
$421 | Props total: 113 113
why did that retard have to ask "what does it mean". hope he suffers

2 years ago '17        #10
Tadgh 19 heat pts19
space
space
$629 | Props total: 2206 2206
I've always had macbooks but recently got the surface pro 4 and couldn't be happier.

2 years ago '13        #11
ma chis mo 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,944 | Props total: 3108 3108
 Andrefrbk said
Ive been desperate to cop an up to date macbook 13, as my 2011 broke over a year ago. I waited so long for the redesign... Really to get my money all they had to do was include 2 USB ports, 2 USB C, and SD slot. And add some value specs. The price for performance is fu*king horrible! You would think with hardware being so cheap now it would have gotten better. Instead they raised the price, making it even more unlikely people like me would cop. Not shocked it flopped at all...

disgusting.

Id cop a surface pro if it werent so fu*king expensive. Its really macbook level pricing, which i dont get why coming from microsoft.
But the surface has the specs to somewhat justify the price. Specs and innovation actually.

2 years ago '07        #12
DIPSET101 31 heat pts31
space
space
$11,620 | Props total: 16869 16869
Let's all buy windows products to get bad a*s billy gates to a trillionaire

I'm an apple stan but sh*t they need to wake the fu*k up

2 years ago '04        #13
regularjoe 62 heat pts62
space
space
$39,715 | Props total: 19240 19240
 bosslife11 said
It's great people are waking up. Now Apple will have to actually put out good products
Apple has good products. Windows has good products. It's ridiculous to say either one doesn't.

What Apple needs to do, is stop treating consumers like they're idiots. A lot of people are used to technology, and aren't impressed by a touchscreen. Apple could crush the market if they did what dude said above -- add sh*t people want. 2 USB, 2 USB-c, SD card and make the thing fast and durable. That's it. The large share of the market doesn't care about super duper increased 4K plus squared. They wanna plus their phone in and have it work, they wanna drag and drop, they want things to be intuitive, and that's not asking a lot.

2 years ago '15        #14
Kden 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$9,075 | Props total: 22769 22769
 Andrefrbk said

disgusting.

Cuz it is actually made by microsoft not lenovo/hp/dell etc.

I love this surface, i got the i7 with 16gb ram, always works flawless. Only thing is the design is annoying to use in certain scenarios like laying down.

2 years ago '04        #15
adthekidd 16 heat pts16
space
space
$7,158 | Props total: 6242 6242
sh*t is just too overpriced

the specs they offer is NOT worth what they're charging

not to mention you have to spend extra money to connect anything to it

Although i have to admit dongles aren't as bad as ppl make it seem

my girl got the new 15" touchbar all she needs is one dongle but still why not add at least one regular usb slot for your phones ? and the sd slot ?

it's too much

imagine the powerhouse you can build with the price they want

2 years ago '04        #16
R0CAF3LLA_pimp 56 heat pts56
space
space
$8,165 | Props total: 6285 6285
they'll bounce back. i love my 2016 12: macbook. next year they'll probably hook it up. they likely wont reverse the design, but theyll prolly include the dongles, bump the specs and chop a few hundred off. still be expensive just not as much, which would make everyone happy.

Last edited by R0CAF3LLA_pimp; 01-27-2017 at 11:45 AM..

2 years ago '04        #17
LovaOfDaLadies 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,548 | Props total: 633 633
My replacement 15' going strong.. fu*k that new pro, I had to buy adapters for ethernet to use for work.. tf I look like rebuying that adapter and 4 more!?

2 years ago '15        #18
ninjacopy1 
space
space
space
$1,295 | Props total: 1862 1862
Still have 2011 macbook pro still going strong.

2 years ago '17        #19
Tadgh 19 heat pts19
space
space
 LovaOfDaLadies said
My replacement 15' going strong.. fu*k that new pro, I had to buy adapters for ethernet to use for work.. tf I look like rebuying that adapter and 4 more!?
To be fair the surface pro 4 doesn't have an Ethernet port either, have to use a dongle.

2 years ago '15        #20
Hellmatic 3 heat pts
space
space
$21,784 | Props total: 31155 31155
 AndrewTHEgreaT said
Them sh*ts had no ports like wtf

[video - click to view]

2 years ago '10        #21
KJHARDY 85 heat pts85
space
space
$25,896 | Props total: 17924 17924
I have a friend about to get one of the new ones, I told her Apple products are some high priced sh*t. She's still getting it anyway. Stans gonna stan just because "It's Apple!"

Who out here dropping more than $500 on a laptop and/or tablets anyway?

Last edited by KJHARDY; 01-27-2017 at 12:52 PM..

2 years ago '06        #22
Hit Em' Up 63 heat pts63
space
space
space
$5,903 | Props total: 4096 4096
Had a 2010 macbook going strong until last year when I needed better specs to run design software for school. Really wanted another mac but couldn't justify the spec to price ratio especially with competition stepping it up... Biggest factor when I got my first MacBook was the TouchPad... Competition was a*s and its a huuge component in a laptop. Now in every area... TouchPad, size, battery life, etc... The competition could match for far less. Ended up getting a pc and never looked back. My apple days are over unless Apple starts bringing real innovation back and not price gouging for nonsense

2 years ago '11        #23
DJ EM Double 34 heat pts34
space
space
$7,307 | Props total: 4723 4723
 Deuterion said
I can see this being more and more common...Apple has been making some dumb a*s choices recently. You can buy a new MacBook Pro and an iPhone 7 and you wouldn't even be able to hook the phone up to it.
Apple has sh*t the bed when it comes to the iMac, Mac Pro desktop and Macbook pro line sh*t is getting embarrassing at this point.

You can tell that its a after thought and they are only focused on the ipad and iphone markets

2 years ago '04        #24
LovaOfDaLadies 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,548 | Props total: 633 633
 Tadgh said
To be fair the surface pro 4 doesn't have an Ethernet port either, have to use a dongle.
Yeah I couldnt use that for work (software engineer) it comes really close but has some key shortfalls but it is dope af

2 years ago '17        #25
Tadgh 19 heat pts19
space
space
 LovaOfDaLadies said
Yeah I couldnt use that for work (software engineer) it comes really close but has some key shortfalls but it is dope af
I'm in marketing so it's about as perfect as it gets for me. But could definitely see it not working for you.

Home      

most viewed right now
+43online now  42
Image(s) inside It’s Time For That Upgrade!
61 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+129online now  33
Image(s) inside Haleigh 🍞🎂
59 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+39online now  31
Image(s) inside This The Chick Kevin Hart Risked It All For?
60 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  22
Image(s) inside May 19 - Military expert paints grim portrait of how Iran would retali..
117 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy