Why am I still on Sprint??

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '06        #1
1634 page views
25 comments

LYTE 158 heat pts158
space
space
space
$15,875 | Props total: 8248 8248
Why am I still on Sprint??

So after the big let down on the Huawei Mate 9. And me selling my Note 4 for $225 via Swappa(come up) I was forced to buy another phone.

So I copped Motorola X Pure Edition 64gb(best buy had it for $249.99)

So I'm thinking it'll be a simple call, swap and it's on.

They're telling me i need a sim card or some type of code (I think universal code)

They tell me the card is free but we will charge you for shipping unless you go to a store.

So I go to store and the rep like "sim card for what phone?".

I tell her Motorola.....Oh we don't have that type of sim card. No store does.

So I'm right I went down there. Called them from a cell phone in store. Homey said 3 business days for sim card...Free.

FD up sh*t is I shipped my phone to homey activated but tomorrow morning I'll call Sprint to temporary suspend service. Idw to talk to them anymore tonight.

S/N t mobile told me all I need is $21 for sim. Bill will be 75. 5$ off for autopsy and employment discount

25 comments for "Why am I still on Sprint??"

2 years ago '04        #2
simm04 86 heat pts86
space
space
$7,534 | Props total: 24209 24209
im on sprint and pay 67 for full everything
data text calls everything
its good if it works for you, if you working for it just switch to something youll like better

2 years ago '12        #3
HeightsBound 115 heat pts115
space
space
$12,827 | Props total: 10295 10295
Been on Sprint 12+ years, never had issues. Have heard HORROR stories though

I'm going through it with my cable right now though ever since Verizon sold out to Frontier. Frontier ain't sh*t.

2 years ago '05        #4
MP 62 heat pts62
space
space
$26,899 | Props total: 10721 10721
Being on your phone and cant use data im good

2 years ago '06        #5
LYTE 158 heat pts158 OP
space
space
space
1st crazy issue. Been with them since 2004. I guess it's my ignorance to not knowing how unlocked phones work.

So the phone works now cause I'm on wifi but once I step outside..... I'm a goner.

Kind of crazy they(maker of unlock phone) don't include sim card

I

2 years ago '06        #6
LYTE 158 heat pts158 OP
space
space
space
 HeightsBound said
Been on Sprint 12+ years, never had issues. Have heard HORROR stories though

I'm going through it with my cable right now though ever since Verizon sold out to Frontier. Frontier ain't sh*t.
Frontier the airlines????

2 years ago '07        #7
iswerve 179 heat pts179
space
space
$6,419 | Props total: 12229 12229
because...tidal

2 years ago '14        #8
Falcons88 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,329 | Props total: 3290 3290
I work for Best Buy Mobile..They lied to you bruh...Sprint has nano Sims...The same SIM that's used in iPhones ...Just buy one from best buy.. Shouldn't be no more than 10$...Have best buy call NSS and switch your service

2 years ago '12        #9
HeightsBound 115 heat pts115
space
space
$12,827 | Props total: 10295 10295
 LYTE said
Frontier the airlines????
Frontier Communications, cable company.

2 years ago '06        #10
LYTE 158 heat pts158 OP
space
space
space
 Falcons88 said
I work for Best Buy Mobile..They lied to you bruh...Sprint has nano Sims...The same SIM that's used in iPhones ...Just buy one from best buy.. Shouldn't be no more than 10$...Have best buy call NSS and switch your service
Rep in store told me they do have some but only for Galaxy & Apple. They don't have for Motorola cause they don't sell Motorolas in store.

Sprint shipped one tho.

NSS - National Sales Support???

2 years ago '14        #11
Falcons88 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,329 | Props total: 3290 3290
 LYTE said
Rep in store told me they do have some but only for Galaxy & Apple. They don't have for Motorola cause they don't sell Motorolas in store.

Sprint shipped one tho.

wtf are they talking about...Just get a nano sim...Just make sure whichever Motorola you have it's compatible with nano Sims..

2 years ago '08        #12
jtdatruth 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,078 | Props total: 1822 1822
 LYTE said

Sprint shipped one tho.

It sounds like they were just giving u a hard time since u didn't get the phone directly from them. There's no type of sim specifically for Apple or Samsung, if your phone takes a nano sim then they're all the same or if it takes a micro sim they're all the same.

They were giving u the run around in hopes that you'd get rid of your unlocked phone and buy something through them.

Last edited by jtdatruth; 01-24-2017 at 02:44 PM..

2 years ago '06        #13
LYTE 158 heat pts158 OP
space
space
space
 Falcons88 said
wtf are they talking about...Just get a nano sim...Just make sure whichever Motorola you have it's compatible with nano Sims..
 jtdatruth said
It sounds like they were just giving u a hard time since u didn't get the phone directly from them. There's no type of sim specifically for Apple or Samsung, if your phone takes a nano sim then they're all the same or if it takes a micro sim they're all the same.

They were giving u the run around in hopes that you'd get rid of your unlocked phone and buy something through them.

Crazy sh*t is I kind of thought that. I never had a sim phone but that sh*t didn't make sense.

However what did I expect from a store that rep told me "we don't sell phones outright. You have to either finance or lease" around time LG G4 came out. Same store

2 years ago '06        #14
LYTE 158 heat pts158 OP
space
space
space
 LYTE said
Crazy sh*t is I kind of thought that. I never had a sim phone but that sh*t didn't make sense.

However what did I expect from a store that rep told me "we don't sell phones outright. You have to either finance or lease" around time LG G4 came out. Same store
Oh sh*t. Maybe they weren't lying

Scroll to middle of page to header that reads:
What Is This Business With SKUs?

Last edited by LYTE; 01-25-2017 at 09:57 AM..

2 years ago '08        #15
jtdatruth 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,078 | Props total: 1822 1822
 LYTE said
Oh sh*t. Maybe they were lying

Scroll to middle of page to header that reads:
What Is This Business With SKUs?
Wow I guess they weren't. I've never had sprint but I've been on all of the other big 3 at some point or another so I've never heard of this before. It's crazy sprint would make customers jump through hoops like this just to use their own device on the network. Seems like that would alienate some of their customer base.

2 years ago '06        #16
LYTE 158 heat pts158 OP
space
space
space
 jtdatruth said
Wow I guess they weren't. I've never had sprint but I've been on all of the other big 3 at some point or another so I've never heard of this before. It's crazy sprint would make customers jump through hoops like this just to use their own device on the network. Seems like that would alienate some of their customer base.
Word
Sprint was the go to cause if your credit was bad or you didn't have any, $125 got you a line

2 years ago '04        #17
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,706 | Props total: 194 194
 LYTE said
So after the big let down on the Huawei Mate 9. And me selling my Note 4 for $225 via Swappa(come up) I was forced to buy another phone.

So I copped Motorola X Pure Edition 64gb(best buy had it for $249.99)

So I'm thinking it'll be a simple call, swap and it's on.

They're telling me i need a sim card or some type of code (I think universal code)

They tell me the card is free but we will charge you for shipping unless you go to a store.

So I go to store and the rep like "sim card for what phone?".

I tell her Motorola.....Oh we don't have that type of sim card. No store does.

So I'm right I went down there. Called them from a cell phone in store. Homey said 3 business days for sim card...Free.

FD up sh*t is I shipped my phone to homey activated but tomorrow morning I'll call Sprint to temporary suspend service. Idw to talk to them anymore tonight.

S/N t mobile told me all I need is $21 for sim. Bill will be 75. 5$ off for autopsy and employment discount
The rep you talked to in store is an idiot. They should carry the 3 in 1 SIM card kit unless it's sold out. It's available online to avoid dealing with the people in store.

2 years ago '04        #18
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,706 | Props total: 194 194
 LYTE said
Word
Sprint was the go to cause if your credit was bad or you didn't have any, $125 got you a line
Not anymore. Credit checks have become much more strict. Sprint doesn't want any part with customers with sub-par credit, especially now that it's lease or installment only for phones if you were to buy a new phone from Sprint. You can still BYOD and start service with a no credit check option though.

2 years ago '16        #19
Georjay 
space
space
space
$58 | Props total: 54 54
switch to tmobile fam we good over here, i pay 100 truly unlimited everything including my iphone 7s with the all the warranties

2 years ago '06        #20
LYTE 158 heat pts158 OP
space
space
space
 Georjay said
switch to tmobile fam we good over here, i pay 100 truly unlimited everything including my iphone 7s with the all the warranties
Trust I will once contract is done this sept.
I'm not bout to give them that $150

2 years ago '05        #21
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,634 | Props total: 19416 19416
 Georjay said
Damn that's expensive

2 years ago '09        #22
Fly or Die 49 heat pts49
space
space
$30,109 | Props total: 6330 6330
 TattooedMPsz said
Being on your phone and cant use data im good
I hate it

I be at work talking on the phone feeling like a prisoner. Cant do sh*t but talk

2 years ago '05        #23
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$43,634 | Props total: 19416 19416
 Fly or Die said
I hate it

I be at work talking on the phone feeling like a prisoner. Cant do sh*t but talk
Your job don't have WiFi?

2 years ago '09        #24
Fly or Die 49 heat pts49
space
space
$30,109 | Props total: 6330 6330
 Y.G. said
Your job don't have WiFi?
Nah man. Im fu*ked

2 years ago '07        #25
strongthetruth 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$4,128 | Props total: 6237 6237
 famoussasjohn said
Not anymore. Credit checks have become much more strict. Sprint doesn't want any part with customers with sub-par credit, especially now that it's lease or installment only for phones if you were to buy a new phone from Sprint. You can still BYOD and start service with a no credit check option though.
This isn't true at all. My credit is sh*t and I just switched over to Sprint at the beginning of the month and only had to pay $145 down (traded in my old phone so I didn't have to pay nothing). Got the iPhone 7 plus. Had to pay $400 at T-Mobile for a regular 6S in 2015 and my credit was better then. I've been with all 4 of the carriers at least once in the past 7 years and Sprint is the best in terms of saving money and getting the most for your money. They also have the best upgrade program (JUMP On Demand is trash).

Home      

most viewed right now
+126online now  24
Image(s) inside 48 And Still Got It
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  11
Michael RacistPort wants to take back Meek Mill comments.
116 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-73online now  9
Rebel Wilson: Black Men In Atlanta Thought I Was A '10'!!
235 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-33online now  8
Video inside BlueFace Allegedly Hooked Up With A Transgender
77 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy