online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Honestly, if Adidas and Kanye cant meet demand i see UA is the way to go.

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section gear

7 years ago '05        #1
11730 page views
0 comments

Andrefrbk  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x134
Props total: 77996 77 K  Slaps total: 21372 21 K
Honestly, if Adidas and Kanye cant meet demand i see UA is the way to go.

YT
YT
Why i say UA is the way to go...

99% of the people will never be able to tell you have UA's on. They look 1:1 to my eyes. So to an untrained eye like mine, and majority of the people who will see you rocking them, who will know? Besides you?

Majority of the people who cop
1. Will store their pair away or bring them out 1 time.
2. Most people cop multiple pairs for resale
3. Majority of the people who cop got connects, hook ups or bot.

The sneaker is far too limited for the avg consumer looking to cop. And UA fills in the gap between not being able to cop, and going resale.

These sh0es are not like jordans with multiple materials paints etc. The knit and stitching seems pretty easy for manufactures to replicate. The sh0e isnt difficult to make either, ive seen tear downs. SO you shouldnt have a hard time finding a damn near perfect UA at a great price.

The last release was something like 17k pairs on Adidas.com. Thats nothing. When you factoring in the fact that multiple people on niketalk bragged about carting and checking out 2 pairs at a time. Adidas is no where near meeting demand. This tactic to drive hype is getting old. You look at youtube comments on the video above, mad people are looking for fakes. And i dont blame em, going retail is unnecessarily difficult, resale is horrendous. Kanye/adidas production numbers are unreasonable. Honestly i dont feel any negativity towards UA, because adidas have the option to simply make more pairs but they choose to maintain their hype.

if people want the sh0e let them cop. If your products are designed and well made they will sell, i dont understand why the hype needs to be so high.

If the ultraboost didnt have any hype id still cop them. Hands down the best running sh0e ive ever owned. If a sh0e is good with no hype people will still cop.

Kanye said he wanted everyone who wanted a pair to get one. Ok well UA kicks are now 1:1... There you go kanye is this what you expected? Probably not.

If i were in charge of adidas id create a raffle type system like nike does for its releases, then the next releases simply use the raffles generated as a way to gauge demand. Im sure there are some metrics they could use already available. I would imagine street shops probably send them requests for x amount of pairs. Why not give them the pairs they request to meet their demand and go from there. When shops are demanding 5k pairs and you send them 50. SMFH.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 01-20-2017 at 06:00 AM..

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+3319
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
280 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+5115
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
76 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+419
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
66 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+566
Image(s) inside Now That We are Older, Wiser… Let’s Talk Soul Food