The iPhone 8 is already causing problems for Apple’s competitors

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '13        #1
9386 page views
81 comments

misterethoughts 370 heat pts370
space
space
$1,777 | Props total: 6377 6377
The iPhone 8 is already causing problems for Apple’s competitors

The iPhone 8 is rumored to have an OLED display , a first for Apple’s iPhone. But OLED screens have been in use for quite a few years, with Samsung being the most prominent smartphone maker to use such displays in its top smartphones. However, as we’ve said before, the iPhone is still the only phone that matters when it comes to setting new mobile trends. And a new report seems to further reinforce that idea, as it looks like iPhone 8 rumors were enough to convince some Apple competitors out there to bulk up on OLED supply.

According to Digitimes’s sources, some of Apple’s China-based rivals are worried that the iPhone maker will eat up all the available OLED display, and they have rushed to secure production capacity for small- and mid-sized OLED panels. The sources expect the increased OLED demand to cause shortages.

Samsung is going to be Apple’s main OLED display supplier this year, reports said, but even Samsung won’t be able to meet Apple’s demand in the future.

Apple is rumored to launch three new iPhones this year, including the iPhone 8 with an OLED display and two iPhone 7s versions that will have LCD screens.

The same unnamed sources said that LCD display demand will remain tight this year, as display size of mainstream smartphone models is moving from 5-inch to 5.5/5.7-inch screens.

The report also notes that other key components might face shortages this year, aside for displays, including memory products and optical sensing devices. The reason is similar, strong demand from China-based smartphone makers.

visit this link https://www.yahoo.com/tec .. 153916404.html

81 comments for "The iPhone 8 is already causing problems for Apple’s competitors"

2 years ago '17        #2
Tadgh 19 heat pts19
space
space
$629 | Props total: 2206 2206
That's a lot of words to say Apple is finally doing what other companies have been doing for years. How do you spin "they're finally advancing some of their screens" into "setting new mobile trends"? Other companies are responding to perceived supply/demand issues, as they should.

misterethoughts said

...Samsung is going to be Apple’s main OLED display supplier this year, reports said...

2 years ago '16        #3
Homer Pimpson 
space
space
$4,445 | Props total: 9446 9446
GOAT sh*t

2 years ago '04        #4
kidd247 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,267 | Props total: 1906 1906
...still, limited hardware/software; they're not posing a threat to anyone that uses their phone for anything other than social media and entertainment. No expanded memory, USB OTG, NFC, Open Source

2 years ago '16        #5
ForthePeople 94 heat pts94
space
space
$435 | Props total: 2979 2979
Endless cycle of buying sh*t...

And while we f*ght over apple vs android the companies are making money together.

Last edited by ForthePeople; 01-18-2017 at 01:06 PM..

2 years ago '11        #6
CALViiiN 721 heat pts721
space
space
$19,896 | Props total: 41830 41830
Instant cop. don't care for the i7.

2 years ago '15        #7
dracohimself 
space
space
$889 | Props total: 1928 1928
Apple has the most idiotic consumer base on earth

2 years ago '08        #8
TheFuckinEmpire 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,466 | Props total: 1832 1832
I'm still salty about this no headphone jack sh*t on my 7.

2 years ago '12        #9
sigNN 14 heat pts14
space
space
$7,105 | Props total: 4179 4179
 kidd247 said
...still, limited hardware/software; they're not posing a threat to anyone that uses their phone for anything other than social media and entertainment. No expanded memory, USB OTG, NFC, Open Source
I mean that's what a cell phone is meant for

2 years ago '04        #10
patt24 53 heat pts53
space
space
$8,000 | Props total: 4193 4193
stop reading at

However, as we’ve said before, the iPhone is still the only phone that matters when it comes to setting new mobile trends. And a new report seems to further reinforce that idea, as it looks like iPhone 8 rumors were enough to convince some Apple competitors out there to bulk up on OLED supply.

2 years ago '14        #11
215Philly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$15,767 | Props total: 36041 36041
First day cop

2 years ago '06        #12
Skateboard T 49 heat pts49
space
space
$24,584 | Props total: 36536 36536
 Tadgh said
That's a lot of words to say Apple is finally doing what other companies have been doing for years. How do you spin "they're finally advancing some of their screens" into "setting new mobile trends"? Other companies are responding to perceived supply/demand issues, as they should.
Because only select producers were utilizing OLED screens...not every producer.

Now that Apple has put in a massive order, all those producers who still hadn't made that jump are doing so.

You confuse "other companies" with "all other companies" when in fact "other companies" as you used it, is a very small amount relative to total smartphone producers.

Thus, while "other companies" may have been ahead of the trend, apple is still the one that caused the foresight of supply shortage and subsequent "trend" of OLED purchasing. Those "other companies" producing phones with OLED screens didn't cause a supply/demand shakeup...Apple did.

2 years ago '04        #13
BigJay.inc 73 heat pts73
space
space
$10,062 | Props total: 25232 25232
 Thefu*kinEmpire said
I'm still salty about this no headphone jack sh*t on my 7.
I have a couple words.... Jaybird X3

You won't be angry anymore. Trust me.

2 years ago '14        #14
CEITEDMOFO 500 heat pts500
space
space
$23,785 | Props total: 30733 30733

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '06        #15
Skateboard T 49 heat pts49
space
space
$24,584 | Props total: 36536 36536
Seeing other people go so hard in cell phone debates really makes me feel good about myself.

What a stupid disagreement.

2 years ago '04        #16
BigJay.inc 73 heat pts73
space
space
 dracohimself said
Apple has the most idiotic consumer base on earth

Idiotic tho??? Smh

Cmon fam...

Between Apple and others they are making a k*lling on us all.

Apple sh*t is behind the curve but it works and doesn't explode. But I'm chillin'

2 years ago '15        #17
SavageSS 2 heat pts
space
space
$633 | Props total: 2263 2263
copping, this edge and its vanishing battery life can kiss my a*s.

2 years ago '04        #18
xiahadix 
space
space
$4,421 | Props total: 919 919
 SavageSS said
copping, this edge and its vanishing battery life can kiss my a*s.
u probably have an app running in the background eating your apps. my s7 edge battery is beast

2 years ago '04        #19
xiahadix 
space
space
$4,421 | Props total: 919 919
fu*k a screen....all these phones have decent screens, i cant do half the sh*t that i do on my samsung on an Iphone. Iphone to restrictive and u have to pay for fu*kin everything.....u dont have to fu*k with sammy but an android is a must

edit- unless your most important feature is Facetime and u refuse to use anything else.

2 years ago '11        #20
Viviana 13 heat pts13
space
space
$424 | Props total: 297 297
 xiahadix said
fu*k a screen....all these phones have decent screens, i cant do half the sh*t that i do on my samsung on an Iphone. Iphone to restrictive and u have to pay for fu*kin everything.....u dont have to fu*k with sammy but an android is a must

edit- unless your most important feature is Facetime and u refuse to use anything else.
the exact reason im team apple

2 years ago '16        #21
NYNY 
space
space
$2,703 | Props total: 4964 4964
CANT WAIT TO UPGRADE

2 years ago '08        #22
606robin 28 heat pts28
space
space
$6,660 | Props total: 5680 5680
I was given a 7 plus for the low. So far it's not too bad, I still got my pixel as my work phone tho... Apple loves trying to charge for everything tho

2 years ago '04        #23
BigJay.inc 73 heat pts73
space
space
I hate to turn this into Apple vs Android but...

The one complaint I hear from friends and fam with Androids is that "Apple is too restrictive".

This is true but you need restrictions in order to almost guarantee certain performance and behavior. I am happy to have a restrictive phone as I want a phone that works, all the time.

My fam who have unrestricted phones also have issues when they over do some sh*t on their phones.

I used to hack all my phones years ago and got tired of it. I work in tech but def want to keep my phone low tech as I need it working at all times. I do too much and rely on a working phone at all times. Apple is all I need. Best GUI. Best hardware.

My only complaint ... I just got this 7Plus when it came out. Not buying an 8 unless I can get $700 for my 7Plus. Smh. This every year sh*t is impossible to keep up with

Last edited by BigJay.inc; 01-18-2017 at 02:26 PM..

2 years ago '06        #24
Curtisimo 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,567 | Props total: 2996 2996
 xiahadix said
u probably have an app running in the background eating your apps. my s7 edge battery is beast
For real I'm like what the fu*k he talking bout

Edge battery life>>>> any iPhone I ever had (iPhone 4 and 5S)

2 years ago '16        #25
NEWYORKTlMES 53 heat pts53
space
space
$2,771 | Props total: 9919 9919
"Samsung is going to be Apple’s main OLED display supplier this year"

Home      

most viewed right now
+180online now  25
Video inside wife of brazilian billionaire getting pounded out by security [caught o..
423 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-33online now  21
Video inside BlueFace Allegedly Hooked Up With A Transgender
77 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+77online now  20
Image(s) inside Haitian KiKY wit dem swangass