Two employees are suing Microsoft Because their jobs gave them PTSD

most viewed right now
 41
Image(s) inside When the homies got ur back(real ones know)
16 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 36
NFL New Report Explains Aaron Hernandez Killed Odin Lloyd Because Lloyd Knew A..
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside Did Meek Mill upgrade or nah?
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 22
Image(s) inside Damn Webbie 50 ain't pay you?
107 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 3 months ago '04        #1
726 pageviews
11 comments


mr_underground|m 1772 heat pts1772
space
avatar space
space
$21,683 | Props total: 22285 22285
Two employees are suing Microsoft Because their jobs gave them PTSD
 

 
image

Two Microsoft employees claim the company made them look at photos and videos "designed to entertain some of the most twisted and sick minded people in the world." Now they're suing.

Courthouse News reports Henry Soto and Greg Blauert were part of Microsoft's online safety team whose job was to figure out what online content should be taken down and when it should be reported to police.

In that position, Soto and Blauert say they had to look at images of child pr0nography, murder, bestiality, and "indescribable s3xual a.ssault." They filed a lawsuit against Microsoft last month, accusing the company of negligence, disability discrimination, and violation of the Consumer Protection Act.

Both Soto and Blauert claim they're suffering from PTSD. Soto says Microsoft transferred him to the online safety team in 2008, and company policy forced him to stay there for a year and a half.

He says he had nightmares and hallucinations after seeing a girl "being abused and k!lled." Blauert says he had a breakdown in 2013 and is still being treated for "acute and debilitating PTSD." They claim Microsoft didn't warn them about what to expect in the job and didn't provide psychological support.

While Microsoft's digital crimes unit was given protections and support, Soto, Blauert, and the rest of the online safety team were simply told to go for a walk, take a smoke break, or play video games to clear their heads, the lawsuit states.

The men say their suggestions for improvements were ignored, per the Daily Beast. Microsoft responds: "We have put in place robust wellness programs to ensure the employees who handle this material have the resources and support they need.”

visit this link http://www.foxnews.com/te .. them-ptsd.html
hot topic gave props
 

11 comments for "Two employees are suing Microsoft Because their jobs gave them PTSD"

 3 months ago '16        #2
Ravishing 41 heat pts41
space
avatar space
space
$2,319 | Props total: 4056 4056
In that position, Soto and Blauert say they had to look at images of child pr0nography, murder, bestiality, and "indescribable s3xual a.ssault."
He says he had nightmares and hallucinations after seeing a girl "being abused and k!lled."
Soto, Blauert, and the rest of the online safety team were simply told to go for a walk, take a smoke break, or play video games to clear their heads, the lawsuit states.



Savages


They signed up for the job knowing what it would entail though


Last edited by Ravishing; 01-11-2017 at 04:34 PM..
SlapThatTaco82 and 4 others gave props
 
 3 months ago '16        #3
LastOftheblack2 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$516 | Props total: 3038 3038
 Ravishing said:



Savages


They signed up for the job knowing what it would entail though
Apparently one of them was transferred. I'm guessing it was involuntary. It was Probably on some you either take this new role, or walk away from the company ish:

"Soto says Microsoft transferred him to the online safety team in 2008, and company policy forced him to stay there for a year and a half."
dasill gave props
 
 3 months ago '06        #4
Verdict 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,020 | Props total: 966 966
Who could possibly live a normal life with a job like that, after a week you would be fu*ked the fu*k up, so a year and a half...
gjray and 2 others gave props
 
 3 months ago '15        #5
Prad Bitt 
space
avatar space
space
$916 | Props total: 759 759
Bruh a chick sent me the live leak of the Brazil prison riot that ish legit took away appetite, and had me mugging and hawking everyone for like 3 hours, 8 hours a day for 365 is inhumane
 3 months ago '14        #6
strungout 352 heat pts352
space
avatar space
space
$16,071 | Props total: 20509 20509
where do i sign up for the job ? i think i found my life calling.
FrescoB gave props
 
 3 months ago '04        #7
x Tha Arkitek x 50 heat pts50
space
avatar space
space
$17,770 | Props total: 4153 4153
 LastOftheblack2 said:
Apparently one of them was transferred. I'm guessing it was involuntary. It was Probably on some you either take this new role, or walk away from the company ish:

"Soto says Microsoft transferred him to the online safety team in 2008, and company policy forced him to stay there for a year and a half."
Regardless, you're not required to continue working for the company, there's no contract....you don't' like the job, leave.
 3 months ago '16        #8
LastOftheblack2 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$516 | Props total: 3038 3038
 x Tha Arkitek x said:
Regardless, you're not required to continue working for the company, there's no contract....you don't' like the job, leave.
My guy, not sure what you do? But finding work isn't that easy in today's marketplace. Even for Microsoft employees.

But that is nether here nor there, again, as the text implies to me this employee more than likely DID NOT know the extent of what his job entailed. In his mind, and I can vouch because I've had it happen to me, he probably thought the job transfer would be a more lateral move then anything else.

A slight change of title and maybe more or less, one or two added job descriptions, for what he was already doing.

I'm sure he didn't know he'd be looking at torture pr0n and animal mutilations. With that being said I don't necessarily agree with them suing the company for some BS PTSD diagnosis. But at the same time I can totally see where the employees would be scared to make that move from a company like a Microsoft to a god knows what. People have families and kids, man. And a lot of dude's are scared to make that move.

If anything at all, I would fault Microsoft for callousness - when he went to management, and they told him to walk it off. bonehead action. And not adequately detailing what the job would entail, at least for the one dude.

Just my 2.
 3 months ago '15        #9
lZAKUl 
space
space
space
$47 | Props total: 104 104
 LastOftheblack2 said:
My guy, not sure what you do? But finding work isn't that easy in today's marketplace. Even for Microsoft employees.

But that is nether here nor there, again, as the text implies to me this employee more than likely DID NOT know the extent of what his job entailed. In his mind, and I can vouch because I've had it happen to me, he probably thought the job transfer would be a more lateral move then anything else.

A slight change of title and maybe more or less, one or two added job descriptions, for what he was already doing.

I'm sure he didn't know he'd be looking at torture pr0n and animal mutilations. With that being said I don't necessarily agree with them suing the company for some BS PTSD diagnosis. But at the same time I can totally see where the employees would be scared to make that move from a company like a Microsoft to a god knows what. People have families and kids, man. And a lot of dude's are scared to make that move.

If anything at all, I would fault Microsoft for callousness - when he went to management, and they told him to walk it off. bonehead action. And not adequately detailing what the job would entail, at least for the one dude.

Just my 2.
This callousness is everywhere and usually belongs to any immediate management of a company. It keeps things moving and spares a decrease in production for every little thing. I don't approve of it at all but on the business end you want your team production high so you don't turn into a manager being managed.
 3 months ago '15        #10
Heyarnold69 23 heat pts23
space
space
space
$2,987 | Props total: 3128 3128
they have a case imo
 3 months ago '10        #11
AmazinJay 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,368 | Props total: 909 909
I like how they used the words FORCED and TRANSFERRED(without saying was offered).

Company policy is company policy. You weren't forced. You agreed to adhere by the policy when you signed your offer letter.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 13
New: Crazy story about 50 Cent acting Crazy at NYC CLUB "The Tunnel"
53 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 12
UTP Skip (Of Juvenile fame) assaults Twitch streamer and destroys his $5k camera
146 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 6
Video inside Who cares what her face looks like
36 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside Max B Interview On Funkmaster Flex (Snippet)
89 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
Article inside Verizon reports a loss in wireless customers for the first time ever
43 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 4
Video inside ONE OF 2PACS KILLER KEEFE D finally getting paid to tell the real story..
229 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 4
Apr 21 - Sweden: Muslim Avoids Jail For Anally Raping Teen, He “Couldn’t Under..
103 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 3
Video inside New Friday movie otw?
53 comments
1 day ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy