Two employees are suing Microsoft Because their jobs gave them PTSD

most viewed right now
CHRIS BROWN takes shots @ WACK100 for messing up SOULJA Fight! tour wit 50 is ..
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Wack100 dissing 2Pac?
107 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Feb 21 - Burger King Buys Popeyes For 1.8 Billion
144 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Birdman Says Nicki Minaj, Drake & Lil Wayne Are Dropping Projects This..
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 1 month ago '04        #1
651 pageviews
11 comments

mr_underground|m 1715 heat pts1715
space
space
$21,398 | Props total: 19828 19828
Two employees are suing Microsoft Because their jobs gave them PTSD

Two Microsoft employees claim the company made them look at photos and videos "designed to entertain some of the most twisted and sick minded people in the world." Now they're suing.

Courthouse News reports Henry Soto and Greg Blauert were part of Microsoft's online safety team whose job was to figure out what online content should be taken down and when it should be reported to police.

In that position, Soto and Blauert say they had to look at images of child pr0nography, murder, bestiality, and "indescribable s3xual a.ssault." They filed a lawsuit against Microsoft last month, accusing the company of negligence, disability discrimination, and violation of the Consumer Protection Act.

Both Soto and Blauert claim they're suffering from PTSD. Soto says Microsoft transferred him to the online safety team in 2008, and company policy forced him to stay there for a year and a half.

He says he had nightmares and hallucinations after seeing a girl "being abused and k!lled." Blauert says he had a breakdown in 2013 and is still being treated for "acute and debilitating PTSD." They claim Microsoft didn't warn them about what to expect in the job and didn't provide psychological support.

While Microsoft's digital crimes unit was given protections and support, Soto, Blauert, and the rest of the online safety team were simply told to go for a walk, take a smoke break, or play video games to clear their heads, the lawsuit states.

The men say their suggestions for improvements were ignored, per the Daily Beast. Microsoft responds: "We have put in place robust wellness programs to ensure the employees who handle this material have the resources and support they need.”

visit this link http://www.foxnews.com/te .. them-ptsd.html
hot topic gave props

11 comments for "Two employees are suing Microsoft Because their jobs gave them PTSD"

1 month ago '16        #2
Ravishing 37 heat pts37
space
space
$1,972 | Props total: 3430 3430
In that position, Soto and Blauert say they had to look at images of child pr0nography, murder, bestiality, and "indescribable s3xual a.ssault."
He says he had nightmares and hallucinations after seeing a girl "being abused and k!lled."
Soto, Blauert, and the rest of the online safety team were simply told to go for a walk, take a smoke break, or play video games to clear their heads, the lawsuit states.

Savages

They signed up for the job knowing what it would entail though

Last edited by Ravishing; 01-11-2017 at 05:34 PM..
SlapThatTaco82 and 4 others gave props

1 month ago '16        #3
LastOftheblack2 
space
space
space
$440 | Props total: 2379 2379
 Ravishing said:

Savages

They signed up for the job knowing what it would entail though
Apparently one of them was transferred. I'm guessing it was involuntary. It was Probably on some you either take this new role, or walk away from the company ish:

"Soto says Microsoft transferred him to the online safety team in 2008, and company policy forced him to stay there for a year and a half."
dasill gave props

1 month ago '06        #4
Verdict 3 heat pts
space
space
$931 | Props total: 840 840
Who could possibly live a normal life with a job like that, after a week you would be fu*ked the fu*k up, so a year and a half...
gjray and 2 others gave props

1 month ago '15        #5
Prad Bitt 
space
space
$836 | Props total: 683 683
Bruh a chick sent me the live leak of the Brazil prison riot that ish legit took away appetite, and had me mugging and hawking everyone for like 3 hours, 8 hours a day for 365 is inhumane
 1 month ago '14        #6
strungout 350 heat pts350
space
space
$15,140 | Props total: 18200 18200
where do i sign up for the job ? i think i found my life calling.
FrescoB gave props

1 month ago '04        #7
x Tha Arkitek x 49 heat pts49
space
space
$17,542 | Props total: 3702 3702
 LastOftheblack2 said:
Apparently one of them was transferred. I'm guessing it was involuntary. It was Probably on some you either take this new role, or walk away from the company ish:

"Soto says Microsoft transferred him to the online safety team in 2008, and company policy forced him to stay there for a year and a half."
Regardless, you're not required to continue working for the company, there's no contract....you don't' like the job, leave.
 1 month ago '16        #8
LastOftheblack2 
space
space
space
$440 | Props total: 2379 2379
 x Tha Arkitek x said:
Regardless, you're not required to continue working for the company, there's no contract....you don't' like the job, leave.
My guy, not sure what you do? But finding work isn't that easy in today's marketplace. Even for Microsoft employees.

But that is nether here nor there, again, as the text implies to me this employee more than likely DID NOT know the extent of what his job entailed. In his mind, and I can vouch because I've had it happen to me, he probably thought the job transfer would be a more lateral move then anything else.

A slight change of title and maybe more or less, one or two added job descriptions, for what he was already doing.

I'm sure he didn't know he'd be looking at torture pr0n and animal mutilations. With that being said I don't necessarily agree with them suing the company for some BS PTSD diagnosis. But at the same time I can totally see where the employees would be scared to make that move from a company like a Microsoft to a god knows what. People have families and kids, man. And a lot of dude's are scared to make that move.

If anything at all, I would fault Microsoft for callousness - when he went to management, and they told him to walk it off. bonehead action. And not adequately detailing what the job would entail, at least for the one dude.

Just my 2.
 1 month ago '15        #9
lZAKUl 
space
space
space
$33 | Props total: 89 89
 LastOftheblack2 said:
My guy, not sure what you do? But finding work isn't that easy in today's marketplace. Even for Microsoft employees.

But that is nether here nor there, again, as the text implies to me this employee more than likely DID NOT know the extent of what his job entailed. In his mind, and I can vouch because I've had it happen to me, he probably thought the job transfer would be a more lateral move then anything else.

A slight change of title and maybe more or less, one or two added job descriptions, for what he was already doing.

I'm sure he didn't know he'd be looking at torture pr0n and animal mutilations. With that being said I don't necessarily agree with them suing the company for some BS PTSD diagnosis. But at the same time I can totally see where the employees would be scared to make that move from a company like a Microsoft to a god knows what. People have families and kids, man. And a lot of dude's are scared to make that move.

If anything at all, I would fault Microsoft for callousness - when he went to management, and they told him to walk it off. bonehead action. And not adequately detailing what the job would entail, at least for the one dude.

Just my 2.
This callousness is everywhere and usually belongs to any immediate management of a company. It keeps things moving and spares a decrease in production for every little thing. I don't approve of it at all but on the business end you want your team production high so you don't turn into a manager being managed.
 1 month ago '15        #10
Heyarnold69 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,315 | Props total: 1981 1981
they have a case imo
 1 month ago '10        #11
AmazinJay 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,300 | Props total: 642 642
I like how they used the words FORCED and TRANSFERRED(without saying was offered).

Company policy is company policy. You weren't forced. You agreed to adhere by the policy when you signed your offer letter.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I keep dat white girl...dat amber fields
44 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 10 Everyday Things You've Been Doing Wrong
98 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stranded Bae: Thot Gets Curved At Airport & Replaced After Valentine's..
216 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Keanu Reeves Says The Matrix 4 Could Happen, On These Conditions
49 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dude's Ex Wrote Him An Apology Letter After Cheating So He Graded It &..
90 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Full Marvel Phase 3 Sneak Peek (Epic!)
37 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Celtics made a trade???
153 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside First Look: The Cast Of Shane Black’s ‘The Predator’, "PG-13 is for p*..
54 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy