Infiltration Telling the Truth about SFV: Season 2

most viewed right now
This Is Why Jeremih Is Blackballed within the industry
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Emmanuel Mudiay's reaction to Greg Popovich getting ejected 😂€..
22 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Youtuber Agrees To S3xtape If She Gets 1 Million Subscribers
126 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jim Jones Kicked Out Of Roc Nation Offices
56 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

1 week ago '04        #1
1289 pageviews
35 comments

abacabb 89 heat pts89
space
space
$8,361 | Props total: 3402 3402
Infiltration Telling the Truth about SFV: Season 2

AllenSports and 9 others gave props

35 comments for "Infiltration Telling the Truth about SFV: Season 2"

1 week ago '06        #2
StillFree28 11 heat pts11
space
space
$18,905 | Props total: 1624 1624
Seems like Capcom is pissing away a good thing.

Glad I'm passing on S2, as much as I love Akuma.
 1 week ago '04        #3
abacabb 89 heat pts89
space
space
I agree with most of what he said. I'm surprised he didn't say Urien and Laura when he talked about buffs.

The fireball and DP comments gave me a new perspective on changing the fundamental "street f!ghter" stuff.
 1 week ago '09        #4
xslick504 15 heat pts15
space
space
$7,069 | Props total: 575 575
Fireball and DP are staples to the franchise that are now being watered down and made weak so the mass community can quit crying. That's like taking the spear and ice ball effectiveness from Sub Zero and Scorpion.

You can easily see the change in guard to where , now , the strongest characters are grapplers and charge characters cause the Shotos and have basically been stripped of what made them who they always have been.

And this is coming from a Gief player....

Don't even get me started on the business side of things..... Ono said they'd never sell off a newer version of the game EVER.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by xslick504; 01-11-2017 at 05:38 PM..
knownomniscient and 9 others gave props

fishpoop slapped this ish

1 week ago '04        #5
One-O-One 11 heat pts11
space
space
$9,197 | Props total: 5323 5323
SFV needs a serious overhaul. Season 2 is an improvement in my opinion, they freed up the combos and offensive game a bit.

Still needs alot more work to make the game more fun to play/watch, plus the netcode is atrocious for game so dependent on frame counting to win.
 1 week ago '08        #6
Kewop Decam 72 heat pts72
space
space
space
$13,981 | Props total: 5155 5155
DPs are nerfed, but it's not exactly easy to meaty time them. DPs in SFV were bullsh*t with the auto-correct.

All they really needed to do was lessen the damage of it a tad and lessen the damage of it as a reversal.

But these shotos with fireballs and DPs are challenging, but the most important thing is f!ghting against them is straight up fu*kING BORING. In order to win, you have to play a really slow and boring play style and it makes the game look stupid.

Guile right now is the fu*king worse. I have no idea how to deal with him.
 1 week ago '08        #7
space
space
space
 One-O-One said:
SFV needs a serious overhaul. Season 2 is an improvement in my opinion, they freed up the combos and offensive game a bit.

Still needs alot more work to make the game more fun to play/watch, plus the netcode is atrocious for game so dependent on frame counting to win.
First, nobody "frame counts" and second you don't even need to know frame data. What you need to know is the match up and what moves allow you to strike next and not. I'm simplifying it, but that's f!ghters as a whole. k!ller Instinct is exactly the same. Some games are vastly worse like Guilty Gear where how to block changes the stun of attacks.
 1 week ago '08        #8
space
space
space
 SlapThatTaco82 said:
I bought SFV for $10 and I still feel it's a ripoff. First they said they wouldn't have paid DLC then they have you pay $30 for like 5 or 6 characters that should have been in the game in the first place. How the hell are Sagat and Akuma DLC characters. Capcom screwed the people over with this one. And the story sucked badly.
Sagat ain't even a DLC character yet... lol.

I think held off on him because he's basically a shooter/dp character
 1 week ago '16        #9
Bearman413 
space
space
space
$77 | Props total: 84 84
Lets just say the game sucks seems to slow to me and clunky they just fu*ked it all up instead of making it better
 1 week ago '04        #10
abacabb 89 heat pts89
space
space
 Kewop Decam said:
First, nobody "frame counts" and second you don't even need to know frame data. What you need to know is the match up and what moves allow you to strike next and not. I'm simplifying it, but that's f!ghters as a whole. k!ller Instinct is exactly the same. Some games are vastly worse like Guilty Gear where how to block changes the stun of attacks.
Frame data isn't really important until you get to high level.

I will say I care more much more about frames in SFV than I ever did in SF4 (even at my low lvl) just because the defensive options are very limited and against people like Laura can really keep the pressure up.

4 had FADC, crouch tech, reversals, better dashes, more reliable AAs and blocking wasn't considered "bad".
One-O-One and 1 others gave props

1 week ago '08        #11
space
space
space
 abacabb said:
Frame data isn't really important until you get to high level.

I will say I care more much more about frames in SFV than I ever did in SF4 (even at my low lvl) just because the defensive options are very limited and against people like Laura can really keep the pressure up.

4 had FADC, crouch tech, reversals, better dashes, more reliable AAs and blocking wasn't considered "bad".
SFV has some moves with ridiculous block stuns and from character to character it's vastly different with no rhyme or reason. I haven't gotta super into frame data other than knowing Laura's standing jab is 3 frames and 3frames is the fastest any move can be in the game excluding Giefs special.

Other than that, I just remember what I can and can't punish.

SF4 was too complicated and SFV is way to the other side of being simple. I enjoy SFV because there's less crazy sh*t. The reason a lot of casuals don't play f!ghters is there's too much sh*t. My brother LOVES SF, but can't stand SF4 because there was too much going on. He like SFV, but doesn't play.

SFV to me is SF2 with some stuff added in here and there. I think the game is dope but I definitely see how some would dislike it.
abacabb gave props

1 week ago '04        #12
One-O-One 11 heat pts11
space
space
 Kewop Decam said:
I pay attention to frame data way more in SFV than I ever did in any f!ghting game. SFV relies so heavy on counter hits that I feel like u gotta know your sh*t to capitalize with a solid punish. You just cant got willy nilly in SFV and survive, some buttons you just shouldn't push at all with certain characters.

SFV is all footsies, wake up defense, and counter punishes.
knownomniscient and 2 others gave props

1 week ago '12        #13
Foyt 141 heat pts141
space
space
$15,666 | Props total: 2747 2747
Cut it off halfway through, sound like he got worked in a tournament and want to vent.

Street f!ghter is trash anyways.
knownomniscient and 3 others slapped this ish

1 week ago '08        #14
space
space
space
 One-O-One said:
I pay attention to frame data way more in SFV than I ever did in any f!ghting game. SFV relies so heavy on counter hits that I feel like u gotta know your sh*t to capitalize with a solid punish. You just cant got willy nilly in SFV and survive, some buttons you just shouldn't push at all with certain characters.

SFV is all footsies, wake up defense, and counter punishes.
this is most f!ghters in general. SF as a series is footsies as well is KI.

and SFV doesn't rely on counter hits. High level players aren't throwing out attacks that can be countered typically unless it's a mistake.

Again, you don't need to know the actual data. You need to know the match ups. Now, knowing the data makes it quicker, but that relies on you knowing the OTHER character. The only frame data you should care about is your own character's for the most part.

all I'm doing in f!ghts if I'm just trying to learn is, "Can I even counter with a light within distance? No? Then keep blocking, jump, or dash back."

I've heard people complain about tech/strat in a game that is as simple as SFV. It's weird to me.
 1 week ago '05        #15
Neohuey89 
space
space
$2,494 | Props total: 342 342
I think we'll see another update before the pro tour starts. I think some of the nerfs need to be reduced and let Balrog, Guile, Laura, etc keep their buffs.
 1 week ago '04        #16
One-O-One 11 heat pts11
space
space
 Kewop Decam said:
this is most f!ghters in general. SF as a series is footsies as well is KI.

and SFV doesn't rely on counter hits. High level players aren't throwing out attacks that can be countered typically unless it's a mistake.

Again, you don't need to know the actual data. You need to know the match ups. Now, knowing the data makes it quicker, but that relies on you knowing the OTHER character. The only frame data you should care about is your own character's for the most part.

all I'm doing in f!ghts if I'm just trying to learn is, "Can I even counter with a light within distance? No? Then keep blocking, jump, or dash back."

I've heard people complain about tech/strat in a game that is as simple as SFV. It's weird to me.
SFV is very simple, to its own detriment in my opinion. I agree with what u said in that SFV is more akin to SF2 when you look at damage output and how dizzies work.

When playing KI, I'm not really as calculated as I am in SFV. When I play footsies in KI, I'm doing it to open somebody up and go to town afterwards. In KI, I'm more of a risk taker. In SFV, my footsies is more poke and block, poke and dash back/forward. Im more mindful of spacing to make moves more safe. I don't play both games the same AT ALL.

I see alot of players depending on crush counters in SFV. Every Bison online is doing Standing Roundhouse on knockdown. A well placed Crush Counter can change the entire tide of a match.

So of course, you don't HAVE to know frame data to win in SFV, but it will get you a significant edge because of crush counters alone. And the fact that you can't make too many mistakes in SFV. All it takes is 2-3 good combos and a jab to stun. By the time you wake up from the free Stun combo, you probably have 30% life tops..lol. So Yea, I feel like frame data becomes important under those conditions.
 1 week ago '05        #17
Chuck_Remixed 157 heat pts157
space
space
$16,058 | Props total: 835 835
Season 2 changes, well I really haven't went threw a lot of the changes myself cuz all I really did was use my f!ght money to purchase Akuma and see what the changes specific to Karin. Not that it would benefit me online cuz don't even play this online. The majority of my time playing this game these days is just whoring out f!ght money threw survival mode for later use on a couple of the season 2 characters down the line. Casual as fu*k. Its alright but im glad im not stuck on this game for my f!ghting game fix.

Last edited by Chuck_Remixed; 01-11-2017 at 08:04 PM..
 1 week ago '04        #18
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,831 | Props total: 62 62
sh*t is trash. It's so bad that I went back to USFIV.
nxtiq gave props

1 week ago '05        #19
Double M Set 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,354 | Props total: 1349 1349
MKX
Baron Greenback gave props

1 week ago '05        #20
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,126 | Props total: 1124 1124
I definetly agree with most of what dude said. I bought season 2 like an idiot cause sony gave me 10 dollars and my boy gave me 20 dollar psn card for christmas. fu*ken waste cause its garbage. They nerfed the sh*t outta a bunch of characters. Ryu shoryuken no longer invincible and theres mad gaps in his moveset that can be exploited now. Akuma is good. Took a little getting used to cause his style requires good timing. Guile, nash and alex are weak now. I dont know what else they did cause i stopped playing. They basically broke the engine and it was great on season 1.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jan 18 - Anonymous to Trump: This isn't the 80's, info don't vanish--d..
99 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who is this chick in this meme
26 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thirst traps of new thick singer Bibi Bourelly.
92 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dick Gregory Cusses Out Interviewer! 😂
55 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Quick Thinking Mom Saves Family’s Life by Giving Gunmen a B***j0b
103 comments
1 day ago