Jan 11 - Trump says won't divest from his business while president

most viewed right now
CHRIS BROWN takes shots @ WACK100 for messing up SOULJA Fight! tour wit 50 is ..
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Wack100 dissing 2Pac?
107 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Feb 21 - Burger King Buys Popeyes For 1.8 Billion
144 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Birdman Says Nicki Minaj, Drake & Lil Wayne Are Dropping Projects This..
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 1 month ago '05        #1
210 pageviews
5 comments

phantomnation 1721 heat pts1721
space
space
$4,352 | Props total: 7418 7418
Jan 11 - Trump says won't divest from his business while president

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump said on Wednesday he would maintain ownership of his global business empire but hand off control to his two oldest sons while president, an arrangement that watchdogs said would not prevent conflicts of interest in the White House.

Trump told a news conference he would resign from all positions overseeing hotels, golf courses and hundreds of other businesses and move his a.ssets into a trust to help ensure that he will not consciously take actions as president that would benefit him personally.

Trump, a Republican, is under pressure to distance himself from his businesses before he moves into the White House on Jan. 20. Unlike other U.S. government officials, the president is not required by law to steer clear of conflicts of interest.
ADVERTISING

"I could actually run my business and run government at the same time. I donít like the way that looks, but I would be able to do that if I wanted to," Trump said.

Ethics experts said the arrangement did not go far enough.

"Mr. Trump's ill-advised course will precipitate scandal and corruption," said Norm Eisen, a former White House ethics adviser under Democratic President Barack Obama.

Trump appears to be still involved with his business while preparing to take office, saying he had turned down a $2 billion development deal in Dubai he had been offered over the weekend.

The company that made the proposal, DAMAC, confirmed the discussions had taken place.

The Trump Organization will not enter into any new overseas deals while Trump is president and will only undertake domestic projects after a company ethics adviser has approved them, said Trump adviser Sheri Dillon.

Trump will only know of those deals if he hears about them through the news media, said Dillon, a lawyer at Morgan Lewis who focuses on tax and ethics.

Trump's daughter, Ivanka, is to have no further involvement with management authority in the group, she said. Trump has appointed her husband, Jared Kushner, to a senior advisory role in the White House.

Since Trump sold all his stocks last year, the Trump trust will hold only business a.ssets and liquid a.ssets such as cash, Dillon said.

Many other ethics experts, including the U.S. Office of Government Ethics, have urged Trump to completely divest or set up a blind trust for his a.ssets. In a blind trust, the owner does now know what the holdings are or how their a.ssets are managed. Trumpís oldest sons will be running his business, so the arrangement does not meet that standard.

Dillon said that was not a realistic possibility for a family-owned company and any sudden divestment would hurt Trump financially. Unlike liquid a.ssets like stocks and investment funds, much of Trump's wealth comes from office towers and other real estate that cannot be sold easily, as well as licensing deals that could be difficult to unwind.

Stripped of the Trump name, many of these a.ssets would lose much of their value, Dillon said.

"President-elect Trump should not be expected to destroy the company he built," she said.

Dillon dismissed concerns that Trump could violate an anti-bribery provision in the U.S. Constitution, known as the Emoluments Clause. That applies to gifts, but not business transactions like renting a hotel room, she said.

Nevertheless, profits generated at Trump's hotels by foreign governments will be donated to the U.S. Treasury, she said.

(Additional reporting by Alexander Cornwell in Dubai; Editing by Anna Driver, Grant McCool and James Dalgleish)

Source: visit this link http://in.reuters.com/art .. source=Twitter
hot topic gave props

5 comments for "Jan 11 - Trump says won't divest from his business while president"

1 month ago '11        #2
Sin 885 heat pts885
space
space
$13,168 | Props total: 14008 14008
not surprised at all,

he was elected president without releasing his tax returns

Last edited by Sin; 01-11-2017 at 01:35 PM..
Aesop730 and 3 others gave props

1 month ago '04        #3
erickonasis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$21,934 | Props total: 4656 4656
 phantomnation said:
"I could actually run my business and run government at the same time. I donít like the way that looks, but I would be able to do that if I wanted to," Trump said.
heretic shae and 2 others gave props

1 month ago '16        #4
OWPE 
space
space
$740 | Props total: 1553 1553

Unlike other U.S. government officials, the president is not required by law to steer clear of conflicts of interest.

[pic - click to view]

That says it all right there. He doesn't have liquid a.ssets that you can just sell and some of his a.ssets would lose value if he strips off the name Trump from them. He also has licenses that he can't just expire anytime he wants.
phantomnation and 1 others gave props

1 month ago '16        #5
NYFASHIONKING 6 heat pts
space
space
$820 | Props total: 1263 1263
He is brilliant. The presidency will simply be marketing and advertising for Trump Organization and KRE and provide unlimited access to any and everything he thinks of. If he turned down $2B, you best believe he felt he shoulda received $6B.

Gotta love it.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I keep dat white girl...dat amber fields
44 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 10 Everyday Things You've Been Doing Wrong
98 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stranded Bae: Thot Gets Curved At Airport & Replaced After Valentine's..
216 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Keanu Reeves Says The Matrix 4 Could Happen, On These Conditions
49 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dude's Ex Wrote Him An Apology Letter After Cheating So He Graded It &..
90 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Full Marvel Phase 3 Sneak Peek (Epic!)
37 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Celtics made a trade???
153 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside First Look: The Cast Of Shane Blackís ĎThe Predatorí, "PG-13 is for p*..
54 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy