most viewed right now
Video inside What the Bible Doesn't Say - Why I don't believe in God
99 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sexiest Indian I've ever seen
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 months ago '09        #1
407 pageviews
8 comments

messy marv stan 4204 heat pts4204
space
space
$44,041 | Props total: 35366 35366
there are at least 779 known weed strains :snoophigh:

2 bowls 17% THC Big Bud

visit this link https://www.greenrushdail .. nabis-strains/

With that said, there is one fairly reliable number we can turn to. According to cannabis experts, there are at least 779 known cannabis strains in the world.

The different cannabis strains included on this list are pretty well known and well-established ones. These are strains that have been around long enough to be recognizable. And most of them are strains you could probably find at a dispensary somewhere in the world image

Of course, this number also includes tons of obscure, harder to find different cannabis strains as well. But one way or another, these 779 known different cannabis strains have achieved some sort of stability and recognition on the global marijuana scene.

The Complicated Answer

While it’s nice to have a solid number to fall back on, the reality is much more complicated. And that’s mostly because new strains are popping in and out of existence all the time.

A professional grower might come up with a new strain, and to make it more marketable, they’ll immediately give it a new name. If that strain happens to take off, then it’ll become recognized as a legit new strain. But if it fails on the market, it might just disappear.

There’s also a huge culture among amateur growers of experimenting with new strains. And when a home grower creates something cool, they name it. These homegrown strains might never make it onto any sort of market, but they still exist as a unique cannabis strain.

So, there a couple things complicating the question of how many strains there are. The first one is that there are just so many strains being created all the time.

But beyond that, there’s also the fact that there isn’t any sort of standardized protocol for creating, naming, or registering a new strain. And because of that, there’s simply no way of knowing how many strains there are.

Different Cannabis Strains Are Created All The Time

Breeding new strains is actually a big piece of cannabis culture. And it’s a really interesting process. When a grower wants to create a new strain, they cross a male cannabis plant of one strain with a female cannabis plant of another strain. And the end result is a new plant with a genetic makeup that includes stuff from both parent plants.

Depending on what a grower breeds together, the end result might be an Indica, a Sativa, or some sort of hybrid. It’s all about what a grower uses as the parents.

Growers usually try to target certain characteristics. If they want a strain that will produce a certain type of high, they’ll combine two strains that each give users particular effects. Or if they want a plant that’s really good for medicinal uses, they might cross together two strains that each have proven health benefits image
Basically, breeders are trying to bring out certain cannabinoid combinations. Cannabinoids are the chemicals in cannabis that react with your body. They’re what actually produce the highs and medicinal effects that cannabis gives you.

The Final Hit

Thanks to generations of genius growers and breeders, pot smokers today have access to tons of different cannabis strains. At least 779 to be precise. And each one has a unique combination of flavors, tastes, effects, and characteristics image
But in reality, that number is definitely much higher. That’s because one of the most longstanding traditions of cannabis culture is experimenting with new strains.

Thanks to this tradition, there are new strains being produced all the time. And although that makes it pretty much impossible to ever get an accurate count of how many strains exist, it also means that there’s no shortage of new strains for you to try

@Interstellar @MidNiteBlues @datboy|e @ItAlY2BkLyN @Flex Luger @Mindfulness @Lady ProEra 33 @AHernsGun @Clutch City Kid @Xavi619 @Masterstothemax @timdog @Tastemaker331 @Leek23 @NUT456 @smokeytheblunt2 @Doc Logical @DonLimpio @TYME @P DRILLA @The South @Rick Ross @Sandor Clegane @Ruger707 @NUT456 @consigliereA @TooFatToFish @Supreme7 @Xavi619
Flex Luger and 8 others gave props

8 comments for "there are at least 779 known weed strains :snoophigh:"

5 months ago '05        #2
Clutch City Kid 107 heat pts107
space
space
$21,250 | Props total: 17238 17238

what an incredible plant
messy marv stan and 2 others gave props

5 months ago '09        #3
MS KRISSI lpe33 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$11,256 | Props total: 6322 6322
I was just about to say that there has to be more than that because of people's ability to create a "homegrown" version without it being popular, or mentioned nationally but rather locally.

I wonder if one day they are able to have a book series that have strains in alphabetical order, and in it have short description of said strain and clear pictures; and then for the new strains they would go in the next book. Kind of like a marijuana collection book. Volume One, Volume Two etc.

Call it "Plant Flavor: The Full Effect" or something like that. lol.

Maybe that would be stupid or impossible, just think it would be interesting to have a team of 100 people working together each time putting a book series together, a strong visual.

Anyway, good article. We are just starting the year but this was a good article thus far...
Ace dealer and 2 others gave props

5 months ago '05        #4
MidNiteBlues 32 heat pts32
space
space
$7,216 | Props total: 2575 2575
like pokemon my n*gga...gotta smoke em all...all 779 + more....one day....one day....

5 months ago '04        #5
ItAlY2BkLyN 237 heat pts237
space
space
$21,227 | Props total: 6123 6123
Man them pics got me excited for my next crop. House values keep climbing here in CO and we may decide to sell sooner than later. Need to get settled in my new crib so I can get my text set up and rock that sh*t

5 months ago '09        #6
messy marv stan 4204 heat pts4204 OP
space
space
$44,041 | Props total: 35366 35366
 Clutch City Kid said:

what an incredible plant

nobody knows what the original weed strains are

i mean something had to be crossed that created the first plant
Clutch City Kid and 1 others gave props

5 months ago '15        #7
brandenp1984 
space
space
$367 | Props total: 648 648
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
Man them pics got me excited for my next crop. House values keep climbing here in CO and we may decide to sell sooner than later. Need to get settled in my new crib so I can get my text set up and rock that sh*t
Me too cuz I'm waiting on this girl scout and purp cross. sh*t got me in heat

5 months ago '04        #8
ItAlY2BkLyN 237 heat pts237
space
space
$21,227 | Props total: 6123 6123
 brandenp1984 said:
Me too cuz I'm waiting on this girl scout and purp cross. sh*t got me in heat
Been growing outdoors last two seasons. This past season I had to throw away close to 2.5 p's because of bugs

That's why I want to use that 5x5x8 tent indoors. But can't be showing a house to buyers with the weed aroma all around. So really wanna sell that sh*t and move ASAP.

Be sure to post some pics when you harvest.
messy marv stan and 1 others gave props

5 months ago '04        #9
bigmeal 
space
space
space
$1,085 | Props total: 914 914
 messy marv stan said:
nobody knows what the original weed strains are

i mean something had to be crossed that created the first plant
It's a alien plant homie . The s3x of marijuana plants can be determined visibly making it one of very few plants on earth with such distinction. Most plants require DNA analysis to determine s3x.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Calling all BX detectives!!!
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Night Manager Amazon Prime
24 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Michael Bay's Beavis and Butthead
49 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
bruh this nigga tracy morgan how high scene got me rolling yo
30 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA What does Boston, Utah, & Indiana have in common?
78 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL New League Could Make College Football Extinct
93 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Tupac has Ryderz from all walks of life!!
27 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Charlamagne Tha God & Joe Budden Speak On Why VladTV Is A Rat
121 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy