Image(s) inside Something Interesting about Eminem
24 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 10 Life Hacks That Will Change Your Adult Life
52 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn T.I. confronts Tiny about dealing with Floyd Mayweather. Hear her ex..
232 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 months ago '15        #1
3035 pageviews
83 comments

BamaBoy91 46 heat pts46
space
space
space
$13,235 | Props total: 5841 5841
Dak Prescott Says Being Biracial Has Helped Him Lead The Cowboys

Part of the reason he's been able to form such strong bonds with everyone on the team, Prescott says, is because he's biracial.

"I grew up in Haughton, Louisiana," Prescott told USA TODAY. "I go to my white grandparents' house, and then I cross the railroad tracks and hang out with my black grandma. We have English teachers on my white side. My grandpa is a principal. And then you go to the other side and people have been in jail.

"I was put in all those different situations. I've been in situations where I was the only black guy. We're in a time now where nobody wants to see that. But it still happens. Depending on where you come from, it happens. To be able to wipe that clean and see and live both sides, it's just who I am. Being mixed allows me to connect with everyone."

The Cowboys' offensive line is made up of two black players and three white ones. Their receiving corps is a mix of black and white as well. Dak says his experience growing up where he did and how he did allows him to seamlessly move between the groups of players in the locker room.

"Being bi-racial and being from the country, I can talk to guys like Travis Frederick from Wisconsin and Doug Free from Wisconsin," he said. "And then I can go over and talk to Dez Bryant. I mean, think about the two different standpoints you need to have a real conversation with both, to really understand what they've been through. I don't think many can do it. For me, it's not hard. I'm blessed because it's natural."

Several teammates back Prescott up on this.

Anonymous white teammate: "Not to crap on Tony (Romo), because he has done so much for this team. But no matter how hard he'll try, there are just some things that he can't do, some ways that he can't connect with some of the guys in here like Dak can."

Multi-racial safety (and former practice squad quarterback) Jameill Showers: "People who were raised in an all-white town, it's hard for them to relate to black people or other cultures. That's why you can sometimes see divides in locker rooms. Dak gets a feel for both sides to know what he can and can't relate to -- what is and isn't offensive."

The most important thing Dak cited in helping connect with players on the team, though, is simply winning. Were it not for that, Tony Romo would likely still be the well-liked leader of the Cowboys.

"That's the easiest way to get accepted," Prescott said. "If you're good on the field, f--- yeah people are going to want to follow you. They want to hang out with you because you've got success. The rest of the stuff, it can't be taught."

visit this link http://www.cbssports.com/ .. d-the-cowboys/
hot topic and 9 others gave props

johny and 15 others slapped this ish

83 comments for "Dak Prescott Says Being Biracial Has Helped Him Lead The Cowboys"

4 months ago '04        #2
SubConscious 44 heat pts44
space
space
$15,974 | Props total: 54133 54133

[pic - click to view]

Tony318 and 19 others gave props

cluckaluck slapped this ish

4 months ago '16        #3
Sho2010 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$5,625 | Props total: 10584 10584
Americas team

Peasants wouldn't understand
Stables08 and 4 others gave props

jaedot and 3 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '04        #4
D1nOnlyMrM@ 42 heat pts42
space
space
$12,132 | Props total: 974 974
But joe montana and tom brady o wait.. guess they didnt use that as a gimmick nor warren moon or randal cunningham. already sucks to wake up and feel like the world is against you just to here someone do some uncle tom sh*t and say their communication is better helped because of being biracial. Theres more but im hy drunk
Esco504 and 15 others gave props

dtdroid and 5 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '04        #5
space
space
Hear. I saw that even while dunk
kabnis gave props

4 months ago '04        #6
space
space
Drunk
kabnis gave props

wru425 and 5 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '06        #7
jester2trife 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,129 | Props total: 2538 2538
I'd say that offensive line has helped him lead the Cowboys a lot more than being biracial.

Last edited by jester2trife; 01-11-2017 at 09:40 AM..
PharaohKush and 47 others gave props

TraV slapped this ish

4 months ago '15        #8
Kevin Spacey 440 heat pts440
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 65216 65216
 SubConscious said:

[pic - click to view]

PharaohKush and 2 others gave props

4 months ago '15        #9
BamaBoy91 46 heat pts46 OP
space
space
space
$13,235 | Props total: 5841 5841
 4 months ago '04        #10
Mike T 102 heat pts102
space
space
$11,091 | Props total: 9965 9965
Cant wait to see & Max/Skip & Shannon debate this
BamaBoy91 and 3 others gave props

4 months ago '15        #11
Mtyjoejnblkblnd 29 heat pts29
space
space
$11,454 | Props total: 9719 9719
it's never easy to talk about race, especially in sports as a high profile athlete, and as the starting QB on the Dallas Cowboys least of all. That's the easiest way to offend sports fans, actually talking about race in general is the easiest way to offend anybody even when the one speaking about it is not trying to offend and just talking on his/her experiences and cultures, including me being unfairly offended sometimes. But I appreciate him talking about his experiences, and tbh I actually respect him a lot more. Society wants be admonish Dak, but tbh I applaud him for touching a shaky subject. and he's right, not all the time but there are times when there are cultural differences people have that others might not connect with or be familiar with. But different peoples and their cultures is good tho and them being different isn't bad or even divisive. Telling them to abandon who they are in attempt to "be one" is actually divisive however. Just because a person is different race, ethnicity, s3xual orientation etc doesn't mean they are trying to be divisive. They just celebrate apart of them and something they enjoy and hold dear. getting together with these different people and maybe sharing traits of your cultures, or if you don't want to do that then just respecting them and their race, culture, s3xual orientation, gender etc is the best way to get a connection in society. Now I don't like every and anything, believe me. There's a lot of sh*t i just don't agree with. But as long as this or that person isn't hurting anyone or speaking hatred or cruelty, then i say let em be. Dak is just saying he's able to connect with white people and just as easily connect with black people, and that's helped by the fact that he is a black/white man with experiences in both cultures. and i respect and admire him for speaking on it.

what i just wrote is the most liberal sh*t ever, but i do honestly believe it.
thug_poet777 and 3 others gave props

Hakim Cobain slapped this ish

4 months ago '05        #12
cluckaluck 182 heat pts182
space
space
$7,608 | Props total: 5349 5349
All facts
Dondon1927 and 3 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '14        #13
mumbosauce 228 heat pts228
space
space
space
$8,505 | Props total: 8551 8551
That's some stupid a.ss Yessir Bawse sh*t to say.
D1nOnlyMrM@ and 12 others gave props

EastBay Mufasa and 3 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '04        #14
dc3003 51 heat pts51
space
space
$27,173 | Props total: 19511 19511
Cant wait til atl bumps them boys and i double up my brovada account
drose1985 and 3 others gave props

csarvis3 slapped this ish

4 months ago '13        #15
CROWN 111 heat pts111
space
space
$15,880 | Props total: 28906 28906
Can someone explain what he said crazy?

All he said was he can relate to both black & white teammates due to be raised in a black and white family.
dtdroid and 7 others gave props

4 months ago '14        #16
Gordon Gartrell 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,728 | Props total: 14300 14300
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said:
But joe montana and tom brady o wait.. guess they didnt use that as a gimmick nor warren moon or randal cunningham. already sucks to wake up and feel like the world is against you just to here someone do some uncle tom sh*t and say their communication is better helped because of being biracial. Theres more but im hy drunk
calling dak an uncle tom and propping warren moon in the same post
D1nOnlyMrM@ and 2 others gave props

Hakim Cobain and 1 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '14        #17
Doc Logical 897 heat pts897
space
space
space
$35,047 | Props total: 34150 34150

[pic - click to view]

, yeah that's the unesscary controversial sh*t I like and then a couple days from now you make a comment placating your "white half" so you don't lose all your endorsements.
SFamilyRep and 4 others gave props

dtdroid and 1 others slapped this ish

4 months ago '13        #18
dtdroid 98 heat pts98
space
space
$13,374 | Props total: 15026 15026
 Sho2010 said:
Americas team

Peasants wouldn't understand
Does boxden really need more than one of that dude around?
Clyde and 2 others gave props

yawD slapped this ish

4 months ago '13        #19
dtdroid 98 heat pts98
space
space
$13,374 | Props total: 15026 15026
 Doc Logical said:

[pic - click to view]

, yeah that's the unesscary controversial sh*t I like and then a couple days from now you make a comment placating your "white half" so you don't lose all your endorsements.
What's there to placate after relating to both cultures?
Hakim Cobain slapped this ish

4 months ago '06        #20
Rique 55 heat pts55
space
space
$37,912 | Props total: 12936 12936
Yeah it makes a ton of sense what hes saying. Locker rooms are no diff than high school certain ppl stick together. Usually its players at the same position because they have to spend so much time with each other. If he can relate to most in the locker room its a lot easier to have personal convos with them to develop a bond
ikkiban and 5 others gave props

Eddie..|M and 1 others slapped this ish

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 15 Lies Your School Told You
86 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Creepy as fu-k.. this episode of different strokes was wrote by accused ped0ph..
156 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might have to paper bag this redhead PAWG with AUTISTIC features
92 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
she look like a psycho...dat is indeed crazy
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kevin Durant: 'I made the 100 percent correct decision' to join Warriors
181 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Offset dissing Lil' Uzi Vert
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bugging Out/Do The Right Thing Air Jordan 4 For Family & Friends
36 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Chris P: "22 Savage can get his chain back but we want $20,000, San Ant..
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy