Dec 28 - Police Union Pressures Amazon.com to Halt "Black Lives Matter" Sales

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '16        #1
3041 page views
66 comments

Ham Bannon 112 heat pts112
space
space
$4,429 | Props total: 17904 17904
Dec 28 - Police Union Pressures Amazon.com to Halt "Black Lives Matter" Sales

The largest police union in the country has requested Amazon follow Walmart’s lead and stop selling Black Lives Matter merchandise they’ve labeled “offensive.”

In an open letter to the online retailer, Fraternal Order of Police president Chuck Canterbury urged CEO Jeff Bezos to remove all apparel with slogans “BULLETPROOF," "Black Lives Matter" and "Hands up, don't shoot" from Amazon's website.
He encouraged Bezos to stand by the police union in “increasing the bonds of trust between the men and women of law enforcement and the communities they serve.”

The police order recently succeeded in having merchandise removed from Walmart’s online stores after accusing the retailer and the third-party sellers peddling the products to profit “from racial division.”

Describing Amazon as a “pretty liberal marketer,” Canterbury told the Guardian the rhetoric featured on some of their apparel has prompted a lot of tension between officers and members ot their community.

He cited the “amount of violence demonstrated at Black Lives Matter marches and the fact that eight police officers had been a*sassinated while protecting Black Lives Matter movements.”

Canterbury was referencing two separate incidents: a shooting in Dallas where a sniper gunned down five officers during an anti-violence protest and another attack in Baton Rouge that left three officers dead.

And while neither shooter was a*sociated with the Black Lives Matter movement, Canterbury said the group’s rhetoric “had inspired people of feeble minds to strike out at police officers.”

“It happened as a result of the BLM groups,” he told the Guardian.

Walmart last week complied with the police order’s request, pulling “BULLETPROOF” shirts and hoodies from their online markets but no other apparel a*sociated with the movement.

“Commercializing our differences will not help our local police and communities to build a greater trust and respect for one another,” Canterbury wrote to the retail chain. “Turning a buck on a strained relationship will not contribute to the healing process.”

The third-party vendor selling the “bulletproof” shirts was Connecticut-based Old Glory Merchandise. Owner Glenn Morelli told CNN that he had already decided to remove the shirt from his site before it gained national attention.

“It wasn’t a big seller at all,” he told the news station. “The Blue Lives Matter [shirts] sell more than the Black Lives Matter or bulletproof shirts combined. We don’t like to offend anybody ... You have to sell all different kinds of shirts, It’s hard to make everyone happy.”

The "BULLETPROOF" apparel on Monday was still on Amazon's website but listed as "currently unavailable."

Amazon did not immediately respond to the Daily News' request for comment.
visit this link http://www.nydailynews.co .. icle-1.2924240

66 comments for "Dec 28 - Police Union Pressures Amazon.com to Halt "Black Lives Matter" Sales"

2 years ago '16        #2
foshoVoodoo 247 heat pts247
space
space
$14,972 | Props total: 35201 35201
evidence of institutionalized racism

2 years ago '12        #3
FrescoB 76 heat pts76
space
space
$13,242 | Props total: 35593 35593
What a surprise? The police union doesn't want people to use their freedom of speech

2 years ago '04        #4
1000bluntz 
space
space
$19,738 | Props total: 20718 20718
"Bullet Proof" seems like the opposite of what happens. They need to stop selling that dumb sh*t at the very least because it's fu*king retarded.

2 years ago '11        #5
Sin 1915 heat pts1915
space
space
$28,764 | Props total: 83839 83839

[pic - click to view]

this is the guy selling them

nobody should be buying from this man anyways, he clearly is just trying to capitalize off something he doesn't believe in

2 years ago '06        #6
TreZ 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$10,315 | Props total: 3774 3774
 Sin said

[pic - click to view]

nobody should be buying from this man anyways, he clearly is just trying to capitalize off something he doesn't believe in
Well I'm glad blm won't be getting a profit off this dude

2 years ago '12        #7
Mattaveli 
space
space
$2,592 | Props total: 2435 2435
Black lives matter is offensive. Black lives matter. Black lives matter is offensive. Not only black lives, but black lives matter. Were talking about just the words black lives matter.

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '12        #8
Mattaveli 
space
space
 Rock Bottom said
Good. Thugs.
Youre right. The police union is just a bunch of thugs, intimidating people for saying things they dont like. Sounds pretty thuggish to me

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 years ago '04        #9
dc3003 120 heat pts120
space
space
$48,345 | Props total: 51725 51725
Pretty sure the people behind the distribution of these t shirts are in it for profit and most likely are probably white lol

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 years ago '04        #10
dc3003 120 heat pts120
space
space
$48,345 | Props total: 51725 51725
 Sin said

[pic - click to view]

Exactly what i just guessed. Didnt take a genuis to figure that one out

2 years ago '15        #11
SKIPS 
space
space
space
$792 | Props total: 2851 2851
How about you have them remove BLM merchandise from both sides then since you're about “increasing the bonds of trust between the men and women of law enforcement and the communities they serve.” and since "commercializing our differences will not help our local police and communities to build a greater trust and respect for one another." Why wasn't that mentioned(among other things) ?

2 years ago '16        #12
Rock Bottom 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,132 | Props total: 3627 3627
 Mattaveli said
Youre right. The police union is just a bunch of thugs, intimidating people for saying things they dont like. Sounds pretty thuggish to me
Sounds like BLM and liberalism too

2 years ago '16        #13
space
space
 SlapThatTaco82 said
Yeah. Damn first amendment hating cops. How dare we as citizens hold them to a high moral standard and expect them to protect us instead of target people of color? Pigs on patrol.
You can hold cops to a higher standard and still call out BLM for being thugs

2 years ago '12        #14
Mattaveli 
space
space
 Johnjohn55555 said
Hands up don't shoot is a thing? sh*t was refuted by multiple witnesses, the autopsy report, the department of justice (Ran by a black man), and the cop himself.
Wasnt that the same doj investigation that concluded the Ferguson police were purposely operating in a predatory and racially biased fashion?

2 years ago '16        #15
space
space
 SlapThatTaco82 said
How are BLM thugs? Because Faux News and other right wing news outlets say black people wanting equality are thugs? If they think that I wonder what they would've thought of George Washington and the Americans that were burning and looting British settlements and k*lling British soldiers.
Another classic post from an MSNBC stan.

2 years ago '16        #16
space
space
 SlapThatTaco82 said
I hate that left wing mess called MSNBC. Sorry but that's history
Sure buddy

2 years ago '16        #17
space
space
 SlapThatTaco82 said
You're the type that fails to believe in a gay area and thinks everything is black and white. I don't like the Democratic party and never voted for Obama. But I absolutely hate the Republican party for their grotesque hypocrisy, their willingness to let the whole country fail rather than have a black president succeed, and their racist antics.
The irony of all this is that you immediately a*sume I watch Fox News, consistently vote Republican, support everything they do, and completely support every action Trump has taken. Good day hypocrite

2 years ago '12        #18
Ricky Retardo 46 heat pts46
space
space
$7,734 | Props total: 21554 21554
 Mattaveli said
Black lives matter is offensive. Black lives matter. Black lives matter is offensive. Not only black lives, but black lives matter. Were talking about just the words black lives matter.

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

2 years ago '16        #19
space
space
 SlapThatTaco82 said
Your posts have proven that. You slap anything any posts negative about Trump and come to his defense all of the time. You follow the standard right wing hive mind guidelines. You've shown that and I'm just letting you know of.
Great logic bro

2 years ago '15        #20
Lord Funkington 
space
space
$2,308 | Props total: 2822 2822
The great race wars of bx

2 years ago '16        #21
space
space
 SlapThatTaco82 said
Don't thank me. Thank yourself being so easy to read. I bet you think the Democrats are the party of welfare too, huh?
I'm sure you 100% believe everything that is coming out of your mouth is factual and that you are not displaying cognitive dissonance. It's ok. Continue please

2 years ago '08        #22
Kewop Decam 92 heat pts92
space
space
space
$18,608 | Props total: 16953 16953
 SlapThatTaco82 said
And you know that because you were there? The only person who they cared to use as a witness was found out to be a racist.
Racist and was actually never there...

2 years ago '06        #23
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,077 | Props total: 768 768
This is why I was against people pushing removing the confederate flag merch. Once people set the precedent to silence a group (no matter how retarded the cause), they can turn around and do it to you too.

2 years ago '04        #24
realkilla3 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,987 | Props total: 10177 10177
 Johnjohn55555 said
Hands up don't shoot is a thing? sh*t was refuted by multiple witnesses, the autopsy report, the department of justice (Ran by a black man), and the cop himself.
Meant to slap there is plenty of video evidence of people of color being shot even though hands were up and your ignorance deserves a real slap not a virtual one...But it'll do for now

2 years ago '15        #25
Mtyjoejnblkblnd 71 heat pts71
space
space
$18,114 | Props total: 27129 27129
"And while neither shooter was a*sociated with the Black Lives Matter movement, Canterbury said the group’s rhetoric “had inspired people of feeble minds to strike out at police officers.”

BLM in no way, shape, or form a*sociated themselves with the shootings, even says it in this article, and has only ever promoted peaceful demonstrations. But people keep pushing and grouping them with it anyway.
I swear getting older sucks, because you start to really start to see just how deep the rabbit hole goes with how fu*ked up this world can be. I absolutely guarantee when one of those anti-apartheid groups k*lled some folks that the dominant social class in south africa tried painting all anti apartheid groups as evil devils disrupting peace and harmony and some people to this day still put it on Mandela even though he was locked up in prison while that sh*t was going down

Home      

most viewed right now
+76online now  45
Video inside Damnnn! That ass!......... Youtube Bikini Haul Try-ons appreciation
58 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+65online now  32
Image(s) inside Little boy sees his father without dreads for the first time
44 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-105online now  29
She's built for S*x...Its all she has to offer