Dec 21 - Kentucky Trump voters don't want to lose their Obamacare

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '16        #1
1039 page views
20 comments

ThunnLanguage 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,299 | Props total: 7378 7378
Dec 21 - Kentucky Trump voters don't want to lose their Obamacare

[pic - click to view]

http://www.vox.com/scienc .. bamacare-trump

"""
CORBIN, Kentucky — Kathy Oller is so committed to her job signing up fellow Kentuckians for Obamacare that last Halloween, she dressed up as a cat, set up a booth at a trick-or-treat event, and urged people to get on the rolls. She’s enrolled so many people in the past three years that she long ago lost count.

“Must be somewhere in the thousands,” she said to me one morning at a local buffet restaurant where she’d just finished an enrollment event with the staff.

The health care law has helped lots of people in Whitley County, where Oller works. The uninsured rate has fallen from 25 percent in 2013 to 10 percent today, according to data from the nonprofit Enroll America. Overall, Kentucky is now tied with West Virginia for the biggest increase in health coverage.

Oller voted for Trump too.

“I found with Trump, he says a lot of stuff,” she said. “I just think all politicians promise you everything and then we’ll see. It’s like when you get married — ‘Oh, honey, I won’t do this, oh, honey, I won’t do that.’”

I spent last week in southeastern Kentucky talking to Obamacare enrollees, all of whom supported Trump in the election, trying to understand how the health care law factored into their decisions.

The political reality in Washington, however, looks much different: Republicans are dead set on repealing the Affordable Care Act. The plans they have proposed so far would leave millions of people without insurance and make it harder for sicker, older Americans to access coverage. No version of a Republican plan would keep the Medicaid expansion as Obamacare envisions it.

The question is not whether Republicans will end coverage for millions. It is when they will do it. Oller’s three years of work could very much be undone over the next three years.

In southeastern Kentucky, that idea didn’t seem to penetrate at all — not to Oller, and not to the people she signed up for coverage.

“We all need it,” Oller told me when I asked about the fact that Trump and congressional Republicans had promised Obamacare repeal. “You can’t get rid of it.”

"""

Just gonna leave this here.

20 comments for "Dec 21 - Kentucky Trump voters don't want to lose their Obamacare"

2 years ago '12        #2
woodthatdude 592 heat pts592
space
space
$4,598 | Props total: 15634 15634
certain people with the complexion for protection always vote against their self interest

2 years ago '11        #3
heretic shae 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,124 | Props total: 9916 9916
reality check in 3...2...

2 years ago '16        #4
Rock Bottom 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,132 | Props total: 3627 3627
Voters always have cognitive dissonance. Especially liberal voters

2 years ago '14        #5
titans7 
space
space
$8,387 | Props total: 19514 19514

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '16        #6
ThunnLanguage 13 heat pts13 OP
space
space
 woodthatdude said
certain people with the complexion for protection always vote against their self interest

an old timey phrase comes to mind, 'twas ever thus..'

basically that sh!t has been happening forever, and it's going to keep on happening..

if things change one day I'll gladly admit I was wrong, as we'll all be better off.

2 years ago '16        #7
space
space
 Rock Bottom said
Voters always have cognitive dissonance. Especially liberal voters
You slapped a post of the very words of your guy..

2 years ago '16        #8
Rock Bottom 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,132 | Props total: 3627 3627
 SlapThatTaco82 said
So you're saying you prefer to vote Republican even if their states have the highest rate of crime and violence, the highest murder rates, the highest rate of welfare and federal aid dependency, the lowest in education, and the worst health? If ignorance is bliss you must have reached a Buddhist's state of nirvana.
Considering the fact that this isn't true, I feel no need to answer it. Enjoy your mythical lies.

ThunnLanguage said
You slapped a post of the very words of your guy..
Because I knew why he posted it. Even if it wasn't for that reason, what difference does it make?

2 years ago '16        #9
space
space
 Rock Bottom said
Because I knew why he posted it. Even if it wasn't for that reason, what difference does it make?

at the time, slapping that post of Trump's words seemed like cognitive dissonance to me... but as you were.

2 years ago '08        #10
DooM 67 heat pts67
space
space
$29,033 | Props total: 22773 22773
They'll be OK, trump will replace it with some doper

2 years ago '16        #11
Ham Bannon 112 heat pts112
space
space
$4,429 | Props total: 17904 17904
It’s expensive to go to the E.R., so maybe wait a day to bring your kid with a broken arm to the doctor, says Rep. Bill Huizenga.

good luck

2 years ago '13        #12
lb99 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,898 | Props total: 2699 2699
wonder what kind of coverage congress had/has before and after January 1st 2014?

visit this link GOP Congressman Urges Self-Rationing Of Health Care After Obamacare Repeal
^^^^^^^^^
this mufu*ka need to be charged with some type of neglect

2 years ago '09        #13
Msfourfteleven 23 heat pts23
space
space
$6,972 | Props total: 1038 1038
Oller voted for Trump too.

“I found with Trump, he says a lot of stuff,” she said. “I just think all politicians promise you everything and then we’ll see. It’s like when you get married — ‘Oh, honey, I won’t do this, oh, honey, I won’t do that.’”

She basically just said a bunch of nothing and gave no real reason why she voted for Trump. It's unbelievable how stupid Trump supporters are...

2 years ago '16        #14
Vega 38 heat pts38
space
space
$5,015 | Props total: 10532 10532
The best part is when Republicans act like their states aren't the welfare states in this country.

They wanna kick out states like California without realizing how much money they contribute to keeping their hillbilly a*s states afloat

2 years ago '16        #15
Ham Bannon 112 heat pts112
space
space
$4,429 | Props total: 17904 17904
 Vega said
The best part is when Republicans act like their states aren't the welfare states in this country.

They wanna kick out states like California without realizing how much money they contribute to keeping their hillbilly a*s states afloat

[tweet - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '16        #16
space
space
 Ham Bannon said

good luck
I lold first, then I smfh.
This is Onion-esque until you see the video of Huizenga talking about it.
Sure, save a few bucks, your son's medical condition can wait..
and people really think these guys give a fck about them and their families.

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  37
NBA Dwayne Wades son werks the runway better than Tyra Banks
83 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+24online now  33
Image(s) inside Shorty from tory lanez video
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+94online now  26
The RATCHETS in Miami Beach was CUTTING UP for Spring Break 2019.
258 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+144online now  25
Image(s) inside Come Get Your Auntie Before I Fvck Her, Bruh
91 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy