online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Blackberry Byke

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

7 years ago '11        #1
5869 page views
0 comments

iDaPappy 
Props total: 11008 11 K  Slaps total: 762 762
Blackberry Byke

IT'S NO SECRET that BlackBerry has been planning a trio of Android-powered devices.

We've already had the BlackBerry DTEK50 and DTEK60, and next in line is reportedly the, er, BlackBerry DTEK70, codenamed 'Mercury'.

Now BlackBerry CEO John Chen has confirmed its presence in an interview with Bloomberg TV in Canada, telling news anchor Emily Chang: "We have one keyboard phone I promised people."

We've rounded up everything we know about the keyboard-toting smartphone so far, and will update this article when we hear more.

Release date

The last we heard, the BlackBerry DTEK70 will make its debut in Q1 2017, so expect a launch between January and March next year.

Price

There's no word on prices just yet. However, the rumoured specifications suggest it'll be closer to the £275 DTEK50 than the more expensive £475 BlackBerry DTEK60.

Rumoured specs

If blurry images courtesy of BlackBerryCentral (below) are anything to go by, the BlackBerry DTEK60 will follow the BlackBerry Priv by incorporating the company's iconic Qwerty keyboard.

Beyond the physical keys, a recent sighting on Geekbench suggests that the forthcoming BlackBerry might shy away from the top-end specs seen in the DTEK60.

Instead of continuing the trail towards the upper Android echelons, the keyboard-toting handset could use a Snapdragon 625 processor (running at 2.02GHz).

Geekbench also revealed that the handset could come with 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, a 4.5in HD display, an 18MP rear camera, an 8MP selfie cam and a 3,400mAh battery. If this is the case, the new phone will need to offer something more, and a keyboard would fit the bill very nicely indeed.

These specs also back up comments made by BlackBerry CEO John Chen when he bemoaned the Priv for being too expensive: "A lot of enterprise customers have said to us: 'I want to buy your phone but $700 is a little too steep for me. I'm more interested in a $400 device."

We bemoaned the DTEK60's tricky placement of the fingerprint sensor. If you can believe the flaky renders (above) the BlackBerry Mercury will integrate the fingerprint sensor into the keyboard's space bar, thus moving it from the chassis proper.

emoji
emoji
emoji

http://www.theinquirer.ne .. rice-and-specs

http://crackberry.com/cou .. -qwerty-device

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+348
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
287 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+416
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+525
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman and slim pull up to a drake j cole concert
22 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop