My Shins... hurt when I play basketball.. Any advice

most viewed right now
2 ugly women fu-k a 15 year old boy at a pizza party
32 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn Meek you got 48hours to release that mixtape or i'm deleting your di..
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Philly rapper Quilly gets chain snatched at Mcdonalds
61 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside 22 Savage Vs 21 Savage
29 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
28839 pageviews
13 comments

CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$31,423 | Props total: 1312 1312
My Shins... hurt when I play basketball.. Any advice

Whats up yall.. Lately when Im playing full court basketball my shins(lower part of my leg) starts to hurt and it really lowers my abilty.. I can't run as fast or jump as high. Anybody know anything that would be good to solve this probelm?

13 comments for "My Shins... hurt when I play basketball.. Any advice"

04-16-2005, 04:42 AM         #2
BeEazie75 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
muscles gettin used to runnin on hard floor....dog u got shin splints....they'll be sore for like 3 weeks at most...ur muscles in ur shins aint been worked hard for a while possibly ever...everybody goes thru it...u can rest if u need to....i dunno if ur basketball is stritly recreational but just slow it down just a lil bit
 04-16-2005, 04:49 AM         #3
TaXeS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
stop wearing lo-top sneaks...
 11 years ago '04        #4
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$31,423 | Props total: 1312 1312
 BeEazie75 said:
muscles gettin used to runnin on hard floor....dog u got shin splints....they'll be sore for like 3 weeks at most...ur muscles in ur shins aint been worked hard for a while possibly ever...everybody goes thru it...u can rest if u need to....i dunno if ur basketball is stritly recreational but just slow it down just a lil bit

yeaa I play just for fun on the weekends.. I guess I stopped playing fullcourt and Ive been playing halfcourt for too long.. and the fact that I dont workout my legs on the weekdays.. mess me up I guess.. but thanks for the info.. Any particular streches that will help me out?
and I wear mid top shoes..... :|
 04-16-2005, 01:01 PM         #5
harval 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TaXeS said:
stop wearing lo-top sneaks...
yea.. start wearing better shoes
 11 years ago '05        #6
Killinit 
space
space
space
$1,078 | Props total: 0 0
The shoes really wont matter too much, its just a matter of your calf muscles being much stronger then the muscles on the front of your leg, probably due to not using them often. If you work them out they will get stronger and you wont have this problem. You can do simple exercises such as laying down and pointing your toes up to your head and stretching and flexing the shins upward. This will make them stronger and you wont have this problem.. IF you work out your calves you should work out the shins too because they balance each other out because of one in the front and the other in the back. The same could be said for if you work out your chest you should do your back as well
 04-18-2005, 12:40 PM         #7
Freakzilla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
STRETCH!!! I used to have the same problem until my girl told me I should stretch. I usually spread my legs and touch my toes for about 30 sec, sitting or standing, either way should work, grap your toe and pull your heel back to your butt while standing. There are probably some other stretches you could do, but these short, simple stretches should do a lot in minimizing the pain in your shins.
 11 years ago '04        #8
Chokeabiish 
space
space
$7,801 | Props total: 0 0
all these guys have good ideas..strech...buy better sneakers..maybe better soles inside like those gellin dr sholes lol..n like tha other dude said too one of ya leg isnt as strong as tha other just work them individually
 11 years ago '04        #9
īntellek't 
space
space
$1,483 | Props total: 0 0
more than likely its shin splints, just rest it out for a couple of days and regularily stretch
 04-19-2005, 11:54 AM         #10
Grand_Hustl3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
depends on what court ur playing on, if any dont play on blacktop bc it has no shock in the floor and k!lls ur knee's and legs
 04-20-2005, 02:16 AM         #11
shadykarackter 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
First stretch, second get those leg sleeves like T Mac has, no joke, those sh*ts actually work and they really help for shin splints.
 04-21-2005, 07:02 AM         #12
killaacam 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
YEah i got da same problem, do wut dey said..get better kicks...put warm pack/stem on ur shins..den deep stretch..den apply atomic balm..ur shins muscle r weak so work threw da pain..den after stretch and apply ice..u should b good by then
 04-22-2005, 01:46 AM         #13
RL_206 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it sounds like shin splints and what everybody has said sounds pretty good but I would suggest strengthing your shins by walking with your toes up, just like your other body parts you have muscles that pulls your toes toward you (shins) and muscles that push your toes away (calves) and with any of your body parts these muscle should be equal because if one muscle is over power the muscle too much it will cause problems, so just strenghten your shins after the pain goes away so this doesn't become a reacurring pain
 11 years ago '04        #14
GoldynChyld 1 heat pts
space
space
$798 | Props total: 57 57
Rest, stretch and walk on your heels for 10 minutes before any activity. Also at home ice your shins and legs. I had shin splints for 2 years playing high school basketball, and I would have to sit out of practices because the pain would be so intense. Take it easy playing ball for a litlle while til you can build up the stregth in your legs by doing toe ups. You most likely have an imbalance between your calf and shin muscles.

Hope this helps

Peace
Kenji
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside smash or pass:savage edition
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If She Was Your Bestfriend Mom Would You Smash?
110 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sep 28 - The super RICH prepare for the end of society
69 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside I can vouch for this. The game is this bad, no joke. One of the WORST P..
20 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Meek Mill - DC4 (Official Anticipation / Discussion)
53 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside First Look: Keanu Reeves Has A New Dog In ‘John Wick: Chapter Two’
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ray-j launches the Scoot-E-Bike , is it the successor to the hoverboard?
124 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
MMA Conor McGregor Sons Jeremy Stephens
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy