online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

NFL.com CB Rankings

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

7 years ago '07        #1
5886 page views
0 comments

21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 102997 102 K  Slaps total: 26275 26 K
NFL.com CB Rankings

1) Josh Norman, Washington Redskins (Last week's ranking: 3)

Next up: at Detroit Lions, 1 p.m. ET on Sunday.

Step aside, Richard Sherman. There's a new No. 1 cornerback -- the same one who's been claiming that he is the best cornerback all year. Josh Norman has proven why he is the NFL's highest-paid cornerback during his short time with the Redskins, leaving the struggling Panthers scratching their heads. He brings another dimension to this defense and has taken on big challenges on a weekly basis.

I am more and more impressed by Norman as the season progresses. He's moved up to the top spot this week because of his stats. Through Week 6, Norman has allowed 17 receptions on 33 targets (51 percent completion rate) for 209 yards (12.3 yards per catch) and has a touchdown-to-interception ratio of 1:1. He has racked up eight passes defensed and 26 tackles. His numbers are nearly equal to (or better than) those of Richard Sherman (the former No. 1 CB on my list) and Patrick Peterson (the resident No. 2 here).

Norman faces a hot Matthew Stafford -- who has completed 68.9 percent of his passes this season -- on the road this week, and I see him taking care of business against Marvin Jones, Golden Tate and veteran Anquan Boldin.

2) Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals (Last week's ranking: 2)

Next up: vs. Seattle Seahawks, 8:30 p.m. ET on Sunday.

Peterson might've taken warmups lightly Monday night, but the game was the exact opposite. Peterson limited the Jets' passing game with the exception of one play where he got beat by Brandon Marshall, resulting in a 36-yard gain. Marshall also made a spectacular catch over Peterson's great coverage, but even Marshall's impressive play couldn't lift the Jets to victory. Peterson gave up three receptions for 65 yards -- 59 of those yards to Marshall -- but no touchdowns.

This week's divisional game vs. the Seahawks should be great, with the two top corners roaming the field against two (at times) dynamic offenses.

3) Richard Sherman, Seattle Seahawks (Last week's ranking: 1)

Next up: at Arizona Cardinals, 8:30 p.m. ET on Sunday.

There is a lot to discuss surrounding Sherman after Seattle's 26-24 win over Atlanta. Sherman did a solid job against Julio Jones, the league's leading receiver, giving up 40 yards on five targets to the Falcons star. One play worth addressing was Jones' touchdown, which resulted in Sherman's frustration on the sideline. Although Sherman initially lined up on Jones, he slid over to cover Austin Hooper when the tight end motioned to the boundary. As Sherman went with Hooper underneath, there was miscommunication between Sherman and safety Kelcie McCray, which left Jones open for a 36-yard TD.

That touchdown wasn't Sherman's fault; however, he missed an assignment later on that resulted in a Falcons' touchdown by tight end Levine Toilolo. Sherman went underneath with Jones, but if the No. 1 receiver runs a shallow route across the middle, the corner is supposed to drop back in deep coverage. He didn't and Toilolo rumbled into the end zone. I feel like Sherman's mental thoughts disrupted him on that play, and that can't happen.

4) Adam Jones, Cincinnati Bengals (Last week's ranking: 5)

Next up: vs. Cleveland Browns, 1 p.m. ET on Sunday.

Against the Patriots, Pacman was targeted twice out of 31 plays, making Jones the second-least-targeted corner in Week 6. Against a dynamic Tom Brady-led offense, Jones gave up just one reception for 5 yards. There's a reason why quarterbacks avoid him -- he's doesn't give receivers many chances.

5) Marcus Peters, Kansas City Chiefs (Last week's ranking: 9)

Next up: vs. New Orleans Saints, 1 p.m. ET on Sunday.

Oakland is more than just Marcus Peters' hometown -- it's what shaped him into one of the best young cornerbacks in the NFL. Jeffri Chadiha digs deep on the roots of a gritty, tough player.
Oakland is more than just Marcus Peters' hometown -- it's what shaped him into one of the best young cornerbacks in the NFL. Jeffri Chadiha digs deep on the roots of a gritty, tough player.
Here comes Peters with another interception. Shocker! You can say that it was underthrown, but this guy has instincts like Spider-Man. He has a league-leading five picks this season. If I'm a quarterback, I'm going to start avoiding him. It's just bad news, unless your receivers are doing double moves -- like the Steelers did in Week 4.

Against the Raiders, Peters allowed two catches for 16 yards; Derek Carr's passer rating when throwing Peters' way was 20.8. What a game for the young Chief.

6) Aqib Talib, Denver Broncos (Last week's ranking: 4)

Next up: vs. Houston Texans, 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday.

The Broncos have been struggling in their last two games (both losses) as a cover unit because teams have found a recipe to beat them. Opponents have executed plays that require linebackers and safeties to cover. These are two positions that do a lot of things well, but covering generally isn't one of them. That said, I still like what Denver's cornerbacks are doing. Talib allowed two receptions for 18 yards in the loss at San Diego. You can't ask for much more than that.

7) Bradley Roby, Denver Broncos (Last week's ranking: 7)

Roby maintains his spot in the middle of the pack because of his consistency. Last week, he allowed 33 yards on two catches. He has been asked to cover a number of different players in each game and has more than held his own.

8) Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, New York Giants (Last week's ranking: 8)

Next up: at Los Angeles Rams, 9:30 a.m. ET on Sunday.

DRC was targeted 10 times by Joe Flacco on Sunday. He allowed six receptions for 84 yards (14 yards per catch). On top of covering the opponent's best receiver more often than not, Rodgers-Cromartie can cover from the outside to the inside, which is tough to do. Still, I'd like to see him cut his yards-per-catch average down.

9) Chris Harris Jr., Denver Broncos (Last week's ranking: 6)

Harris has been handling his business, and giving up 28 yards on four receptions is an acceptable performance. However, giving up a touchdown is not. That's why he moved down to here.

10) Desmond Trufant, Atlanta Falcons (Last week's ranking: 10)

Next up: vs. San Diego Chargers, 4:05 p.m. ET on Sunday.

I like Trufant's confidence, and he continues to be a bright spot in the Falcons' secondary. Against the Seahawks, he allowed four catches for 53 yards -- 20 of those yards went to Doug Baldwin. A solid performance, but I still want Trufant to be closer in coverage and more willing to tackle.

http://www.nfl.com/news/s .. ers-steadiness
remember when boxden experts thought norman was overrated and gonna get exposed because desean ran a 5 yard comeback route on him in training camp?

Josh Norman already getting ki1led in practice

so many L's to be handed out.

emoji

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+4116
Video inside This is Janet Jackson. She will be 58 this year 💋
69 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+3310
Post A Moment That Finished An Artist Career
286 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
props+528
Video inside Man builds backyard bar to get away from his wife..
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman and slim pull up to a drake j cole concert
22 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop