Yo BX, HELP!!! Mac keeps freezing

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '10        #1
525 page views
14 comments

TheGift 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,985 | Props total: 10974 10974
Yo BX, HELP!!! Mac keeps freezing

Was good y'all. First time posting in this section, but I figured y'all can help me. My mac keeps freezing on me. Idk wtf is going on. I've reinstalled leopard a few times, and that didn't work. Then I tried repairing permissions, and it keeps freezing as it's repairing. Tried using the startup disk to reinstall, but it keeps ejecting. I'm at the point where I'm getting annoyed as fu*k! I'm not too computer savvy, so I a lot of this shot is foreign to me. Someone help a n*gga out please! image

14 comments for "Yo BX, HELP!!! Mac keeps freezing"

2 years ago '14        #2
abatio23 
space
space
$495 | Props total: 1204 1204
 TheGift said
Was good y'all. First time posting in this section, but I figured y'all can help me. My mac keeps freezing on me. Idk wtf is going on. I've reinstalled leopard a few times, and that didn't work. Then I tried repairing permissions, and it keeps freezing as it's repairing. Tried using the startup disk to reinstall, but it keeps ejecting. I'm at the point where I'm getting annoyed as fu*k! I'm not too computer savvy, so I a lot of this shot is foreign to me. Someone help a n*gga out please!
Could be a few things going on, if you reinstalled something internal is going on. the first thing i would check is the memory sticks, second thing i would check is that Hard drive it may be flaking out.

2 years ago '08        #3
Chedda 454 heat pts454
space
space
$18,371 | Props total: 44313 44313
Yeah I agree with ^^^. It could be a number of things. If you do not know anyone who is computer savvy, try Youtube or Google. Its a certainty that you are not the first person to experience this.

2 years ago '10        #4
TheGift 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 abatio23 said
Could be a few things going on, if you reinstalled something internal is going on. the first thing i would check is the memory sticks, second thing i would check is that Hard drive it may be flaking out.
That's what I'm afraid of. The hard drive failing. How do I check to see if it is?

2 years ago '10        #5
TheGift 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 Chedda said
Yeah I agree with ^^^. It could be a number of things. If you do not know anyone who is computer savvy, try Youtube or Google. Its a certainty that you are not the first person to experience this.
I've been looking on google, and tried almost everything. sh*t was working good for a few months, but now I'm back to this. I was gonna use a workout video on vlc, and once I opened vlc, I started getting the spinning wheel. The spinning wheel goes a way for a few seconds, then come right back. I wanna take it to get repaired, but it seems like I can replace the hard drive myself if I follow the step by step tutorials I seen on YouTube. sh*t is fu*ked up.

2 years ago '04        #6
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 851 851
Boot into the setup disk and go to Disk Utility and try the repair stuff again. You can try resetting all the various ram and SMC stuff as well.

What year and model Mac do you have? Do you have all your important files backed up?

Last edited by hockeythug; 10-15-2016 at 09:37 PM..

2 years ago '16        #7
Rhyming Joints 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$8,454 | Props total: 21917 21917
 TheGift said
I've been looking on google, and tried almost everything. sh*t was working good for a few months, but now I'm back to this. I was gonna use a workout video on vlc, and once I opened vlc, I started getting the spinning wheel. The spinning wheel goes a way for a few seconds, then come right back. I wanna take it to get repaired, but it seems like I can replace the hard drive myself if I follow the step by step tutorials I seen on YouTube. sh*t is fu*ked up.
If it's a mac where you can swap out the RAM easily, try that before the hard drive.

2 years ago '10        #8
KJHARDY 85 heat pts85
space
space
$25,541 | Props total: 17132 17132
Throw it in a lake. Just to see what happens.

2 years ago '10        #9
TheGift 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 hockeythug said
Boot into the setup disk and go to Disk Utility and try the repair stuff again. You can try resetting all the various ram and SMC stuff as well.

What year and model Mac do you have? Do you have all your important files backed up?
I'm not sure. I'm gonna say it's a mac OS X Lion 10.7. That might just be what it's running on. I hope that's right.

2 years ago '09        #10
MS.KRISSY 191 30 heat pts30
space
space
$12,424 | Props total: 8478 8478
 TheGift said
I'm not sure. I'm gonna say it's a mac OS X Lion 10.7. That might just be what it's running on. I hope that's right.
Why are you still running OS X Lion though? A real question because I have a iMac. Just asking.

2 years ago '16        #11
space
space
space
 Lady ProEra 33 said
Why are you still running OS X Lion though? A real question because I have a iMac. Just asking.
If it's an older mac it's probably best just to stick on an OS that it runs smoothly on. No need to update if it means severe performance loss.

I have an older Macbook Pro and wish I never updated to the latest OS year after year, cause it slowed it right down. $2000 laptop performing worse than a cheap netbook.

Just wanted to put that out there. No need to pressure people into updating and basically ruining their computers for a few new extra features.

2 years ago '10        #12
TheGift 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 Lady ProEra 33 said
I just switched to sierra, but my sh*t is still freezing up. I think the hard drive shot. I was running lion,because It was the only one that let me verify and repair permissions manually. El Capitan was freezing my sh*t up as well, but once I went back to lion, and updated the software, my sh*t was running smoothly.

2 years ago '09        #13
MS.KRISSY 191 30 heat pts30
space
space
$12,424 | Props total: 8478 8478
 TheGift said
I just switched to sierra, but my sh*t is still freezing up. I think the hard drive shot. I was running lion,because It was the only one that let me verify and repair permissions manually. El Capitan was freezing my sh*t up as well, but once I went back to lion, and updated the software, my sh*t was running smoothly.
Oh okay.

2 years ago '10        #14
TheGift 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 Rhyming Joints said
If it's an older mac it's probably best just to stick on an OS that it runs smoothly on. No need to update if it means severe performance loss.

I have an older Macbook Pro and wish I never updated to the latest OS year after year, cause it slowed it right down. $2000 laptop performing worse than a cheap netbook.

Just wanted to put that out there. No need to pressure people into updating and basically ruining their computers for a few new extra features.
Yea u right. I got my Mac in 2012. It's the aluminum big screen desktop. Don't know the model off top. I'm just confused, because I wouldn't think the hard drive would die so quick. Was thinking about trying to replace it myself to save money. Watched a tutorial on YouTube that seemed like it wasn't hard at all. Lion runs best for me tho. El Capitan, and all that other sh*t definitely slowed performance for me.

Damn. I can't even get into recovery mode without my sh*t freezing. Question. If I reinstall Lion, and delete all the data, that cleans the hard drive right?

2 years ago '16        #15
space
space
space
 TheGift said
Yea u right. I got my Mac in 2012. It's the aluminum big screen desktop. Don't know the model off top. I'm just confused, because I wouldn't think the hard drive would die so quick. Was thinking about trying to replace it myself to save money. Watched a tutorial on YouTube that seemed like it wasn't hard at all. Lion runs best for me tho. El Capitan, and all that other sh*t definitely slowed performance for me.

Damn. I can't even get into recovery mode without my sh*t freezing. Question. If I reinstall Lion, and delete all the data, that cleans the hard drive right?
Yeah if you do a proper fresh re-install from back up disks or a bootable drive it should wipe the whole hard drive clean.

Home      

most viewed right now
+30online now  50
Video inside Amateur Adult Film Star Crystina Rossi Boyfriend Gets In A Shootout Liv..
380 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+101online now  39
Image(s) inside Come Get Your Mama, Bruh...
112 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+47online now  23
Image(s) inside Which BX member needs to come get his wife?
126 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
-42online now  15
Image(s) inside Feb 15 - The plus-size era is over before it began
55 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy