Need some advice/help regarding OS application

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '09        #1
337 page views
4 comments

ImAMonster 440 heat pts440
space
space
$39,076 | Props total: 14584 14584
Need some advice/help regarding OS application

Got a spare computer from a buddy but he kept his hard drive. It only has one plug to power up a hard drive/optical drive so I Can't plug in both the HDD and the optical drive so I can't install windows via DVD. Would my only other option be to do it via USB drive or could I preload it onto my spare hard drive and have it work that way? I don't need the optical drive for anything other than installing windows so it's not a necessity if I can work around it. Thanks.

4 comments for "Need some advice/help regarding OS application"

2 years ago '16        #2
voicebox kane 458 heat pts458
space
space
$8,727 | Props total: 24549 24549
a usb is the best way to go. download windows and burn it to usb using the windows usb dvd creation tool. reboot the pc and go into bios to select to boot from usb. reboot the pc and the installation will proceed. after installation is complete just switch the bios option to boot from the hard drive

2 years ago '09        #3
ImAMonster 440 heat pts440 OP
space
space
 mjcry said
a usb is the best way to go. download windows and burn it to usb using the windows usb dvd creation tool. reboot the pc and go into bios to select to boot from usb. reboot the pc and the installation will proceed. after installation is complete just switch the bios option to boot from the hard drive
Thanks for your response my man.

One last question. I've got some graphic design stuff stored on the hard drive I'll be using. Do I need to hook it up to my current PC and reformat it before installing W7 or can I install W7 without needing to reformat?

2 years ago '16        #4
voicebox kane 458 heat pts458
space
space
$8,727 | Props total: 24549 24549
 ImAMonster said
Thanks for your response my man.

One last question. I've got some graphic design stuff stored on the hard drive I'll be using. Do I need to hook it up to my current PC and reformat it before installing W7 or can I install W7 without needing to reformat?

back up the graphic design stuff before doing the windows 7 install. a usb install is always a clean installation and wipes out everything on the hard drive. i reset both the laptop and netbook once every 3 - 4 months just to refresh everything

2 years ago '09        #5
ImAMonster 440 heat pts440 OP
space
space
 mjcry said
back up the graphic design stuff before doing the windows 7 install. a usb install is always a clean installation and wipes out everything on the hard drive. i reset both the laptop and netbook once every 3 - 4 months just to refresh everything
Don't need to back it up, I'll just let it overwrite. Thanks for your help man!

Home      

most viewed right now
+126online now  24
Image(s) inside 48 And Still Got It
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  11
Michael RacistPort wants to take back Meek Mill comments.
116 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-73online now  9
Rebel Wilson: Black Men In Atlanta Thought I Was A '10'!!
235 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-33online now  8
Video inside BlueFace Allegedly Hooked Up With A Transgender
77 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy