Martin Scorsese’s 'Silence' Runtime Revealed

most viewed right now
My first dime piece.. WWYD?
46 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Floyd Mayweather Disses 50 Again: "Me & You Are Not On The Same Level!"
155 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fab blocking all h0es
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside R kelly new 19min song about his life
73 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 2 years ago '15        #1
589 page views
8 comments

Zapp Brannigan 483 heat pts483
space
space
$22,375 | Props total: 83440 83440
Martin Scorsese’s 'Silence' Runtime Revealed

[pic - click to view]

Put aside its Oscar chances, and let’s forget how about how it will impact the awards season race or not — simply the arrival of Martin Scorsese‘s “Silence” this fall is a major cinematic event. A passion project that the director has been shepherding along for years, whether or not it would be released at all in 2016 seemed up in the air until Paramount Pictures locked down a date last month. However, it looks it won’t quite be the epic three hour sprawl that was rumored a couple months back.

According to producer Irwin Winkler (who also says that “Silence” is “Marty’s best movie”), the film now runs 2 hours and 39 minutes. Indeed, the film has gradually been getting more trim, with Deadline revealing as recently as a few weeks ago, the movie was running slightly over three hours, and star Andrew Garfield saw a cut that was 2 hours and 50 minutes. Whether or not Scorsese will be further cutting the movie remains to be seen, and while some fans might leap to a conclusion that the director’s movie is getting ruined somehow, let’s just wait until we actually the final version. And let’s also be clear — a running time has little bearing on craft, and sometimes a great story is better told in two hours than four.

Based on Shüsaku Endō’s novel, and also starring Liam Neeson, and Adam Driver, the drama is set in the 17th century and follows a pair of Jesuit priests who face violence and persecution when they travel to Japan to locate their mentor and spread the gospel of Christianity. And you’ll see for yourself what Scorsese has put together when “Silence” opens on December 23rd in limited release, before going wide in January.
skillahmang gave props

8 comments for "Martin Scorsese’s 'Silence' Runtime Revealed"

2 years ago '15        #2
Zapp Brannigan 483 heat pts483 OP
space
space
$22,375 | Props total: 83440 83440
 kabnis said:
that's nothing
Don't think anyone would've minded it being 3hr +
kabnis and 2 others gave props

2 years ago '14        #3
Bill Wallace 78 heat pts78
space
space
space
$4,647 | Props total: 8716 8716
 javi1989 said:
Ok after this movie is 'I heard you paint houses' right?
If it isnt than we gotta accept it wasnt meant to be... takes years to get sh*t moving and all them legends are up there now...the clocks ticking
javi1989 gave props

2 years ago '04        #4
dagfpizzle 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$842 | Props total: 2266 2266
my biggest problem with Silence is choosing between taking lsd and watching it or eating mushrooms and watching it

shortdog26 gave props

2 years ago '10        #5
NoahJordan 9 heat pts
space
space
$981 | Props total: 937 937
'' Based on Shüsaku Endō’s novel, and also starring Liam Neeson, and Adam Driver, the drama is set in the 17th century and follows a pair of Jesuit priests who face violence and persecution when they travel to Japan to locate their mentor and spread the gospel of Christianity ''

i think i just threw up in my mouth
FOH

LeMar G gave props

2 years ago '05        #6
Muggz 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,472 | Props total: 4168 4168
 javi1989 said:
Ok after this movie is 'I heard you paint houses' right?
I think the HH Holmes leo movie is next
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Angel eyez
61 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
SMH Sony out here trying to set the bag on fire again. Venom won't have iconic..
66 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Swear her in! Couldnt forgive myself if I didn't post this
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA 2K19 Hands-on Impressions - Takeover System,Stealing/Blocking,Sho..
81 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Vanilla or Chocolate???
140 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Call Chris Hanson... Michael Ian Black please take a seat.
92 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Got to hold the NOTE 9 today !!!!!! Its Lit
36 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside FLOYD Mayweather knocks 50 out in a final response
157 comments
1 day ago