Martin Scorsese’s 'Silence' Runtime Revealed

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '15        #1
642 page views
8 comments

Zapp Brannigan 483 heat pts483
space
space
$22,375 | Props total: 83468 83468
Martin Scorsese’s 'Silence' Runtime Revealed

[pic - click to view]

Put aside its Oscar chances, and let’s forget how about how it will impact the awards season race or not — simply the arrival of Martin Scorsese‘s “Silence” this fall is a major cinematic event. A passion project that the director has been shepherding along for years, whether or not it would be released at all in 2016 seemed up in the air until Paramount Pictures locked down a date last month. However, it looks it won’t quite be the epic three hour sprawl that was rumored a couple months back.

According to producer Irwin Winkler (who also says that “Silence” is “Marty’s best movie”), the film now runs 2 hours and 39 minutes. Indeed, the film has gradually been getting more trim, with Deadline revealing as recently as a few weeks ago, the movie was running slightly over three hours, and star Andrew Garfield saw a cut that was 2 hours and 50 minutes. Whether or not Scorsese will be further cutting the movie remains to be seen, and while some fans might leap to a conclusion that the director’s movie is getting ruined somehow, let’s just wait until we actually the final version. And let’s also be clear — a running time has little bearing on craft, and sometimes a great story is better told in two hours than four.

Based on Shüsaku Endō’s novel, and also starring Liam Neeson, and Adam Driver, the drama is set in the 17th century and follows a pair of Jesuit priests who face violence and persecution when they travel to Japan to locate their mentor and spread the gospel of Christianity. And you’ll see for yourself what Scorsese has put together when “Silence” opens on December 23rd in limited release, before going wide in January.

8 comments for "Martin Scorsese’s 'Silence' Runtime Revealed"

2 years ago '15        #2
Zapp Brannigan 483 heat pts483 OP
space
space
$22,375 | Props total: 83468 83468
 kabnis said
that's nothing
Don't think anyone would've minded it being 3hr +

2 years ago '14        #3
Bill Wallace 103 heat pts103
space
space
$5,498 | Props total: 11095 11095
 javi1989 said
Ok after this movie is 'I heard you paint houses' right?
If it isnt than we gotta accept it wasnt meant to be... takes years to get sh*t moving and all them legends are up there now...the clocks ticking

2 years ago '04        #4
dagfpizzle 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$848 | Props total: 2274 2274
my biggest problem with Silence is choosing between taking lsd and watching it or eating mushrooms and watching it

+1   

2 years ago '10        #5
NoahJordan 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,015 | Props total: 1036 1036
'' Based on Shüsaku Endō’s novel, and also starring Liam Neeson, and Adam Driver, the drama is set in the 17th century and follows a pair of Jesuit priests who face violence and persecution when they travel to Japan to locate their mentor and spread the gospel of Christianity ''

i think i just threw up in my mouth
FOH

+1   

2 years ago '05        #6
Muggz 7 heat pts
space
space
$5,884 | Props total: 5076 5076
 javi1989 said
Ok after this movie is 'I heard you paint houses' right?
I think the HH Holmes leo movie is next

Home      

most viewed right now
+44online now  23
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 4 "Reasonable Doubt"
32 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+177online now  18
Image(s) inside Southern Belle Christina
71 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+28online now  16
Video inside Would You Do The Shyt He's Doing In A Mall In Your City? 'Smash or Pass'
115 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+29online now  11
Video inside R.Kelly responds to Jacquees king of RnB comment and he's letting the u..
82 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+153online now  11
Image(s) inside Htown Be Having Those Women
177 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  11
Image(s) inside And the Curse of New York Continues...
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+63online now  9
Police called on Brothers playing a videogame and a fight ensues when they arr..
61 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
+58online now  6
Music Video gets 20 niggas indicted
215 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy