What is the Best Free Malware Protection/Removal Program?

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 years ago '08        #1
925 page views
15 comments

arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,025 | Props total: 895 895
What is the Best Free Malware Protection/Removal Program?

Hello BX Brothers & Sisters,

This isn't a post with any tech news, just a question. I am looking for the best free malware/adware/spyware/virus protection out there. I have malwarebytes but that isnt really doing the trick.

I recently had malware so bad that the sh*t took over my entire computer. So I had to completely restore this bi*ch (which took forever). Now I think I have a little something else because Google Chrome keeps crashing. Malwarebytes and MS Defender just aint getting it. I know I'm getting this sh*t streaming games. lol.

So what do you guys have? What do you recommend?

Much appreciated! (and if this is the wrong section, my bad)

15 comments for "What is the Best Free Malware Protection/Removal Program?"

2 years ago '08        #2
arthurmack27 8 heat pts OP
space
space
no love in this bi*ch

2 years ago '12        #3
Yugi 1 heat pts
space
space
$288 | Props total: 75 75
when going the free route you have to have 2 to 3 things Best is a term that stuff changes ever year plus depending on you computer specs ..(do you have a slow computer?)(do you have a fast computer) cause every virus protector works different I suggest avira or avast for free virus protection,cc cleaner to remove the sh*t(cookies) that bring unnecessary attention and trash.I would use zone alarm(firewall) which when anything dial out a small lil window pops up and tell you where its trying to phone home to and you can click allow or block.

2 years ago '16        #4
Ravishing 60 heat pts60
space
space
$3,703 | Props total: 7212 7212
Get uBlock Origin and watch the kind of websites you visit when "streaming games."

And I hope you're not clicking on advertisements on those sites.

An alternative would be running Linux. Not saying you're completely free but thanks to the market share, people don't really come after Linux users like that.

2 years ago '05        #5
MavsAreMyTeam 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,873 | Props total: 1191 1191
Firefox+ublock Origin

Don't use any other browser to "stream games"

2 years ago '04        #6
simm04 86 heat pts86
space
space
$7,534 | Props total: 24209 24209
 Ravishing said
Get uBlock Origin and watch the kind of websites you visit when "streaming games."

And I hope you're not clicking on advertisements on those sites.

An alternative would be running Linux. Not saying you're completely free but thanks to the market share, people don't really come after Linux users like that.
 MavsAreMyTeam said
Firefox+ublock Origin

Don't use any other browser to "stream games"
thats the first advice you should know, stay the fu*k away from streaming sites
them sh*t will load you on all sorts of spyware and malware blah blah etc etc
but clean out your sh*t with avast and then install ublock

2 years ago '04        #7
DJ Maximum|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$45,926 | Props total: 21912 21912
Junkware Removal Tool

2 years ago '09        #8
Rocafella310 
space
space
space
$358 | Props total: 204 204
Avast has worked for me for years.

2 years ago '16        #9
mia4life128 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$257 | Props total: 402 402
 arthurmack27 said
Hello BX Brothers & Sisters,

This isn't a post with any tech news, just a question. I am looking for the best free malware/adware/spyware/virus protection out there. I have malwarebytes but that isnt really doing the trick.

I recently had malware so bad that the sh*t took over my entire computer. So I had to completely restore this bi*ch (which took forever). Now I think I have a little something else because Google Chrome keeps crashing. Malwarebytes and MS Defender just aint getting it. I know I'm getting this sh*t streaming games. lol.

So what do you guys have? What do you recommend?

Much appreciated! (and if this is the wrong section, my bad)

Malwarebytes free version is good you just don't get the live protection from the paid version also Malwarebytes Anti Exploit prevents some forms of malware from trying establish inbound connection to you PC in the background. I use that in conjunction with an AV. Whenever I see an inbound connection get blocked I update my firewalls to block that IP address, extra protection measures.

2 years ago '08        #10
space
space
 mia4life128 said
Malwarebytes free version is good you just don't get the live protection from the paid version also Malwarebytes Anti Exploit prevents some forms of malware from trying establish inbound connection to you PC in the background. I use that in conjunction with an AV. Whenever I see an inbound connection get blocked I update my firewalls to block that IP address, extra protection measures.
Thanks for taking the time out to reply! If it isn't about one trying to prove another one wrong or talking mess to each other, BX members have nothing to say.

2 years ago '16        #11
mia4life128 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$257 | Props total: 402 402
 arthurmack27 said
Thanks for taking the time out to reply! If it isn't about one trying to prove another one wrong or talking mess to each other, BX members have nothing to say.
Lol, I know what you mean. But don't sweat it, everyone talks sh*t but everyone still tries to help. Gotta take it with a grain of salt haha.

2 years ago '08        #12
cohs 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,214 | Props total: 9921 9921
Haven't touched windows in years but malwarebytes was A1. But like dude said free version has no real time protection.

2 years ago '05        #13
PhrozenMenace 1 heat pts
space
space
$15,080 | Props total: 3194 3194
Malware bytes premium, ublock,hitmanpro,avast or other av program, good firewall...I'm mostly on Linux nowadays so I'm pretty good on the spyware/viruses

2 years ago '12        #14
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$13,138 | Props total: 15526 15526
If you're talking free and complete, I'd say Avira. But use it in combination with malwarbytes free version. Make sure you configure Avira right too because you dont wanna end up with alot of false positives(detections that the software thinks are malicious but they're not). Comodo firewall is pretty good too. It has a built in IPS(Intrusion Prevention System). Also use something called ADWcleaner. Its not a a protection program but its a scanner/detector. Get it from bleepingcomputer.com. It will get rid of malicious leftovers in the browsers, registry, etc that weren't detected.

Last edited by daman729; 10-18-2016 at 02:51 PM..

2 years ago '08        #15
space
space
Thanks folks!!! I know I got the malware from streaming games. I'm pretty good at avoiding that ish but I must have slipped up when I was in a rush trying to find replacement links.

Took a lot of your advice and got Malwarebytes up and going. Hitman has been catching a lot of stuff also. I seen a couple mentions of Firefox (always been a Chrome fan but that crap has been acting up on me) so I'm certainly going to get it.

Thanks again folks! Much appreciated!!

2 years ago '16        #16
Ravishing 60 heat pts60
space
space
$3,703 | Props total: 7212 7212
 arthurmack27 said
Thanks folks!!! I know I got the malware from streaming games. I'm pretty good at avoiding that ish but I must have slipped up when I was in a rush trying to find replacement links.

Took a lot of your advice and got Malwarebytes up and going. Hitman has been catching a lot of stuff also. I seen a couple mentions of Firefox (always been a Chrome fan but that crap has been acting up on me) so I'm certainly going to get it.

Thanks again folks! Much appreciated!!
You don't 'need' Firefox but if you want to try it, go head. Before I decided to go Linux full time all I had was Chrome, Windows Defender, and uBlock Origins (and Disconnect since I'm not one for social media). Didn't get hit with anything.

Home      

most viewed right now
-73online now  17
Rebel Wilson: Black Men In Atlanta Thought I Was A '10'!!
235 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+126online now  12
Image(s) inside 48 And Still Got It
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  5
Michael RacistPort wants to take back Meek Mill comments.
116 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-33online now  5
Video inside BlueFace Allegedly Hooked Up With A Transgender
77 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy